Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Propaganda for Breakfast
To celebrate another Sunday Morning where all forms of “insiders” and “experts”, correspondents and pundits, politicians and … Trump are making their rounds on some of the most watched television shows in the world, I wanted to beat a dead horse and point out what you are ACTUALLY watching (and the majority don’t even know it).

Quote:“The CIA has a long history of “spooking the news,” dating back to its earliest days when the legendary spymaster Allen Dulles and his top staff drank and dined regularly with the press elite of New York and Washington, and the agency boasted hundreds of U.S. and foreign journalists as paid and unpaid assets. In 1977, after this systematic media manipulation was publicly exposed by congressional investigations, the CIA created an Office of Public Affairs that was tasked with guiding press coverage of intelligence matters in a more transparent fashion.”

If that doesn’t make you perk up and feel tingly in certain areas, maybe this will:

Quote:"One of its foremost assets? Hollywood. The agency has established a very active spin machine in the heart of the entertainment capital, which works strenuously to make sure the cloak-and-dagger world is presented in heroic terms. Since the mid-1990's, but especially after 9/11, American screenwriters, directors, and producers have traded positive portrayal of the spy profession in film or television projects for special access and favors at CIA headquarters."
Get your head out the gutter tinylaughing , wrong tingly part. For me, it’s the ears that get all whacky every time somebody opens their mouth on the news now.

I’m not talking about making movies that skirt the truth slightly (or morbidly) to drum home a patriotic theme:

Quote:“Argo “had nothing to do with reality. Anybody involved in that operation knows that.”
How the CIA Hoodwinked Hollywood

I’m talking about the day to day intoxicating propaganda that we all ingest one way or another. And the hardest part to digest? IT’S NOT EVEN A SECRET. Yes, this may be grainy footage “so last generation”, but with how big and technologically advanced our media is these days, it’s hard not to watch this and think we are seeing the birth of a 5-headed monster. If only we had listened…

Quote:Question: "Do you have any people being paid by the CIA who are contributing to a major circulations - American Journal?"
Answer: "We do have people who submit pieces to American Journals."
Question: "Do you have any people paid by the CIA who are working for television networks?"
Answer: "This I think gets into the kind of uh, getting into the details Mr. Chairman that I'd like to get into in executive session."
(later)
Question: "Do you have any people being paid by the CIA who are contributing to the national news service - AP and UPI?"
Answer: "Well again, I think we're getting into the kind of detail Mr. Chairman that I'd prefer to handle at executive session."

Quote:Considering 90% of our media today has been consolidated into six major corporations over the past decade, it's not hard to see that you should've readily believe everything you see, hear, or read in the "news".

CIA Admits It "What are you going to do about it?"

I could quote this entire article, fascinating (and disturbing) to say the least. Give this a read through if you have some time, it’s well worth it

CIA and the Media

And this:

We All Lie

My closing thoughts are quite simple (and I hope not too prophetic). This will start to become more and more known outside of the CS circles. I’m sure it’s known right now, just not taken seriously because “I can make up my own mind” people who are using skewed facts to do just that.

What worries me more is the alternative. Many people now are reading this and deciding to go their own way in gathering information. Mainly, they are going with Social Media more and more. Why read what a reporter wrote when I can just see the tweets from that very spot? Why listen to Wolf narrate when I can watch the FaceTime video of somebody that's actually there? Because at the end of the day, no matter how "un-filtered" or "fresh" the social media reporting may seem, it's still all just an opinion with spin. A vision yes, but with glasses.

I don't have a solution to any of this, just a warning. It's not going to get any better:

The Countering Information Warfare Act of 2016

Quote:"...The U.S. government should develop a comprehensive strategy to counter foreign disinformation and propaganda and assert leadership in developing a fact-based strategic narrative..."
Happy Sunday everybody, one more day until my favorite day tinycool MONDAY!
DFC
I'm having extraordinary formatting problems with this post. Fonts, quotes, now the video. Here's a link to the video that isn't playing (it's also on the link below the video)

https://youtu.be/5ED63A_hcd0
Great thread!  And good information to know.

With more and more people reading their news from social news sites, more and more people are just posting information that they think will increase their views.  It's always best to do your own research on ANY topic, and never take the word of just one source, especially if that source comes from the Main Stream Media! smallnotamused
(07-17-2016, 04:12 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I'm having extraordinary formatting problems with this post. Fonts, quotes, now the video. Here's a link to the video that isn't playing (it's also on the link below the video)

https://youtu.be/5ED63A_hcd0
Hows That?
When you post a video, choice the type it is, like yours was Youtube, click and at the bottom choose Youtube and then in the Paste area, be sure to remove the extra HTTP\\ out.
After you post a quote, highlight it and at the top you'll See The Capital A with a Minus Sign in it's right corner, click on it for each quote section.

Senona as a Great Help Area Set Up with Screen Shots so you can see exactly what to do.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@"guohua" I just sent you a message explaining it. I didn't want to start venting about things right here tinycool