Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unidentified - Inside America’s UFO Investigation - series on the History Channel
A common theme I keep hearing on this show, from Elizondo, Mellon, and Fravor, is "we're doing nothing about it," regarding all of these encounters, particularly with our Naval Carrier Groups.

From what I've heard about the capabilities of these craft, I'm not sure what they want the government to do.  As far as I know, we can't really follow them into space, pull them over like a cop, and ask "what the fuck are you staring at?"  Fravor, a 20 year fighter pilot and commander, said the thing kicked his ass.

One of the myriad reasons the government always deflects the subject could be that they know, technologically, we are to them what ants are to us.  If that got out, people might think "well ok, here's a threat that the government can't protect me from, why should I remain a law-abiding, tax-paying citizen?"  Maybe that's what they mean by the whole threat to national security?
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
@"Schmoe1" 

Quote:Maybe that's what they mean by the whole threat to national security?

I think that is an element of the government's approach to the public on this topic.

"Well, yes, there is something out there that can enter our airspace at will and kidnap you for purposes unknown, but don't worry, we'll get it under control."

Not likely to sit very well with Jane Q. Public.

This brings up a thought.  In the old days, there was a clean divide of authority between government and the Church.  Things like UFOs were simply declared demonic and the Church went through rituals to ward off what was perceived as manifestations of evil.

But today, in our super-scientific (or so we think) world, rational government holds all of the authority.  And so, when something happens that our science cannot examine much less explain, rational government has but one option: bury the story at all costs.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(08-05-2020, 05:14 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: A common theme I keep hearing on this show, from Elizondo, Mellon, and Fravor, is "we're doing nothing about it," regarding all of these encounters, particularly with our Naval Carrier Groups.

From what I've heard about the capabilities of these craft, I'm not sure what they want the government to do.  As far as I know, we can't really follow them into space, pull them over like a cop, and ask "what the fuck are you staring at?"  Fravor, a 20 year fighter pilot and commander, said the thing kicked his ass.

One of the myriad reasons the government always deflects the subject could be that they know, technologically, we are to them what ants are to us.  If that got out, people might think "well ok, here's a threat that the government can't protect me from, why should I remain a law-abiding, tax-paying citizen?"  Maybe that's what they mean by the whole threat to national security?

You make a really compelling point. I’ve always thought that whatever these things are, their technology is way beyond anything on this planet. They probably do see humans as insects. I know things are going to hell in a hand basket, but people knowing what you just discussed would make a bad situation totally out of control.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(08-05-2020, 11:39 PM)ChiefD Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 05:14 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: A common theme I keep hearing on this show, from Elizondo, Mellon, and Fravor, is "we're doing nothing about it," regarding all of these encounters, particularly with our Naval Carrier Groups.

You make a really compelling point. I’ve always thought that whatever these things are, their technology is way beyond anything on this planet. They probably do see humans as insects. I know things are going to hell in a hand basket, but people knowing what you just discussed would make a bad situation totally out of control.

Agreed.  I haven't started season 2 yet, but as of right now I don't have a good feeling about these things.

When you look at what they've done- activating and shutting down nukes, showing up in warning areas off both coasts of the US where the best Navy in the world conducts training and work-ups, it appears as though they're doing what any good advanced military would do before an invasion or raid:  reconnaissance and scouting.

Know your enemy- abduct some specimens and find their weaknesses.  Observe their cultures, what makes them tick.

I truly hope I'm wrong.
@"Schmoe1" 

A book you may find of interest:

https://www.amazon.com/THREAT-Revealing-...0684848139

Cheers

I just got done watching the latest episode. This episode talked about airline pilots who have seen UFO’s, as well as air traffic controllers. The pilots they talked to all had military pilot as well as civilian aircraft experience, 30 years for a couple of them. So they were very credible witnesses. The one pilot who was an Air Force pilot as well as a Captain of a major airline didn’t want to identify what airline he worked for. Then there was another pilot who had his whole body blacked out, the civilian contractor one. It’s terrible and frustrating that when pilots want to come forward and report something, they could lose their job or security clearance. These pilots are very experienced and have been doing this a long time. They should be able to report this without feeling like they will lose everything.

Many air traffic controllers also saw very odd things on the radar that made no sense. These craft had no transponders, so nobody could figure out who or what they were. I enjoyed the way NORAD and the air traffic controllers were coordinating trying to figure out what was going on. 

And the one pilot even took photos, which I found pretty spooky and credible. These guys aren’t hallucinating or making stuff up. I had chills watching the entire episode. Knowing that UFO’s are in the same area that many airlines fly in is scary. As the one guy said, a midair collision would kill everyone on the plane. Is that what it’s gonna take to get the government to wake up and start doing something? 

What they also mentioned in the episode was that what all these craft had in common was they were traveling in heavily trafficked air corridors from many airlines. This is so interesting, and pretty scary too.
(08-10-2020, 12:39 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I just got done watching the latest episode. This episode talked about airline pilots who have seen UFO’s, as well as air traffic controllers. The pilots they talked to all had military pilot as well as civilian aircraft experience, 30 years for a couple of them. So they were very credible witnesses. The one pilot who was an Air Force pilot as well as a Captain of a major airline didn’t want to identify what airline he worked for. Then there was another pilot who had his whole body blacked out, the civilian contractor one. It’s terrible and frustrating that when pilots want to come forward and report something, they could lose their job or security clearance. These pilots are very experienced and have been doing this a long time. They should be able to report this without feeling like they will lose everything.

Many air traffic controllers also saw very odd things on the radar that made no sense. These craft had no transponders, so nobody could figure out who or what they were. I enjoyed the way NORAD and the air traffic controllers were coordinating trying to figure out what was going on. 

And the one pilot even took photos, which I found pretty spooky and credible. These guys aren’t hallucinating or making stuff up. I had chills watching the entire episode. Knowing that UFO’s are in the same area that many airlines fly in is scary. As the one guy said, a midair collision would kill everyone on the plane. Is that what it’s gonna take to get the government to wake up and start doing something? 

What they also mentioned in the episode was that what all these craft had in common was they were traveling in heavily trafficked air corridors from many airlines. This is so interesting, and pretty scary too.

Just watched that episode too, I was most intrigued by the pilot whose altimeter showed an object underneath the plane and kept closing the distance to the plane.

It's a good series, but it was either that episode or the one before it where Elizondo kind of pissed me off.  He was shown being asked if he believed these were alien craft, which he's been alluding to the whole time, and he answers "with all due respect, I'm not going to answer that question."  Well, why the hell not?
I just got done watching episode 6. In it, they talked to some more people that put some questions out as to the origins of these craft. Some theories were discussed such as the Air Force possibly punking the Navy pilots into testing their own secret program. Then they discussed the possibility that the government was creating the whole UFO thing to mask secret programs. I found these theories preposterous. Good thing that Lou Elizondo and his group found them ridiculous too. These weren’t radar echos. These people knew what they saw with their own eyes. As far as the Air Force taking the hard drives, I have no idea what’s going on there. I truly believe the government has a lot more information that is classified and will remain so. The stuff they’re talking about on the series is a very small tip of a very large iceberg. 
(08-10-2020, 02:49 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 12:39 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I just got done watching the latest episode. This episode talked about airline pilots who have seen UFO’s, as well as air traffic controllers. The pilots they talked to all had military pilot as well as civilian aircraft experience, 30 years for a couple of them. So they were very credible witnesses. The one pilot who was an Air Force pilot as well as a Captain of a major airline didn’t want to identify what airline he worked for. Then there was another pilot who had his whole body blacked out, the civilian contractor one. It’s terrible and frustrating that when pilots want to come forward and report something, they could lose their job or security clearance. These pilots are very experienced and have been doing this a long time. They should be able to report this without feeling like they will lose everything.

Just watched that episode too, I was most intrigued by the pilot whose altimeter showed an object underneath the plane and kept closing the distance to the plane.

It's a good series, but it was either that episode or the one before it where Elizondo kind of pissed me off.  He was shown being asked if he believed these were alien craft, which he's been alluding to the whole time, and he answers "with all due respect, I'm not going to answer that question."  Well, why the hell not?

Yeah, I was wondering why he wouldn’t answer that question. But then I remembered that he still holds a security clearance, and I think he has to be very careful as to what he says.
(08-17-2020, 02:34 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I just got done watching episode 6. In it, they talked to some more people that put some questions out as to the origins of these craft. Some theories were discussed such as the Air Force possibly punking the Navy pilots into testing their own secret program. Then they discussed the possibility that the government was creating the whole UFO thing to mask secret programs. I found these theories preposterous. Good thing that Lou Elizondo and his group found them ridiculous too. These weren’t radar echos. These people knew what they saw with their own eyes. As far as the Air Force taking the hard drives, I have no idea what’s going on there. I truly believe the government has a lot more information that is classified and will remain so. The stuff they’re talking about on the series is a very small tip of a very large iceberg. 

Quote:Then they discussed the possibility that the government was creating the whole UFO thing to mask secret programs. I found these theories preposterous. Good thing that Lou Elizondo and his group found them ridiculous too.

i have no doubt that in the past UFO's were used as a cover for some  sightings, i don't think these were though. as the group said there's no way that a USAF secret program would intentionally expose a aircraft /vehicle to that many  people without clearance. just because people are given a order to stay quite about something doesn't mean they will and that many people in a strike group from that many ships someone is gonna talk.

as far as the Air Force taking the drives, i'm fairly well certain and in the past they have been the lead branch to investigate these as far as the pentagon goes. i know the Navy has their own investigative division, but for official "in plain view" it's the Air Force.
I just got done watching episodes 7 and 8. Episode 7 dealt with some military veterans Lou Elizondo interviewed who claimed they had close encounters with UFO’s. The stories were pretty spooky, and sounded credible. There was lost time involved where when some of the people underwent hypnosis, they were able to fill in some of the gaps in time, and what they went through was horrifying. This entire episode made my hair stand up on end. Then Lou Elizondo talked to a psychologist from Harvard who stated in her opinion that some of these cases were classic examples of sleep paralysis. I really feel for people who have sleep paralysis. That has to be absolutely terrifying. I don’t believe all the stories on this episode were sleep paralysis though. It’s a compelling argument just the same.

Episode 8 dealt with a surge of sightings of mysterious objects, many of them orbs, that were seen in the year 2019. In several states such as Texas, California, North Carolina, and Colorado, there were multiple sightings of orbs, sometimes multiple orbs, some that had been filmed from cell phones. There are theories as to what some of these are. It’s thought that some of them may be advanced drones that the military is testing. But why would they be flying them over residential areas and farms? There are testing sites that are for this very thing, so I’m not so sure about that theory. Flares were brought up too. Lou Elizondo even went to a company in Colorado that manufactures drones that use something called swarm technology. That is when multiple drones fly guided by AI, that a few of them together can look like one solid object. It was a pretty fascinating demonstration. 

They talked about how many of these sightings were near military installations, again bringing up national security concerns. There are so many drones, I can see where some may be mistaken for a UFO. Also, SpaceX launched 60 satellites in 2019, so there is a lot more space stuff flying around too. All in all, some pretty interesting and compelling stuff.
(08-06-2020, 06:59 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Schmoe1" 

A book you may find of interest:

https://www.amazon.com/THREAT-Revealing-...0684848139

Cheers

Well I read the book.  It's one of those books you either believe, or don't.  I'm not leaning one way or another with it, but it was certainly interesting.  It was a lot like the John Mack abduction book, and the book about regression hypnosis with reincarnation that I can't think of the name of.

I've seen some arguments against the suggestibility of regression hypnosis, but at the same time, if they're here, there has to be a reason.
@"Schmoe1" 

I'd say you are correct to not believe too far in one direction or the other.

Bottom line is we (AFAIK) have far too little information about what we're confronting to say anything definitive.

Cheers

(08-25-2020, 03:11 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I just got done watching episodes 7 and 8. Episode 7 dealt with some military veterans Lou Elizondo interviewed who claimed they had close encounters with UFO’s. The stories were pretty spooky, and sounded credible. There was lost time involved where when some of the people underwent hypnosis, they were able to fill in some of the gaps in time, and what they went through was horrifying. This entire episode made my hair stand up on end. Then Lou Elizondo talked to a psychologist from Harvard who stated in her opinion that some of these cases were classic examples of sleep paralysis. I really feel for people who have sleep paralysis. That has to be absolutely terrifying. I don’t believe all the stories on this episode were sleep paralysis though. It’s a compelling argument just the same.

Episode 8 dealt with a surge of sightings of mysterious objects, many of them orbs, that were seen in the year 2019. In several states such as Texas, California, North Carolina, and Colorado, there were multiple sightings of orbs, sometimes multiple orbs, some that had been filmed from cell phones. There are theories as to what some of these are. It’s thought that some of them may be advanced drones that the military is testing. But why would they be flying them over residential areas and farms? There are testing sites that are for this very thing, so I’m not so sure about that theory. Flares were brought up too. Lou Elizondo even went to a company in Colorado that manufactures drones that use something called swarm technology. That is when multiple drones fly guided by AI, that a few of them together can look like one solid object. It was a pretty fascinating demonstration. 

They talked about how many of these sightings were near military installations, again bringing up national security concerns. There are so many drones, I can see where some may be mistaken for a UFO. Also, SpaceX launched 60 satellites in 2019, so there is a lot more space stuff flying around too. All in all, some pretty interesting and compelling stuff.

I really want to watch episode 7, but 7 and 8 haven't been added to hulu yet for some reason.  Are they planning on a 3rd season?
This was from 2018, but still impressive. Can someone tell me how this could be fireworks?  It looks like fireworks, but it's being controlled by something. What is it?

(09-06-2020, 06:20 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: This was from 2018, but still impressive. Can someone tell me how this could be fireworks?  It looks like fireworks, but it's being controlled by something. What is it?

Yup, beats the hell out of me
Well, it's Not  But I it looks like a couple of Biplanes with fireworks and white smoke dispensers.
JMHO
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@Schmoe1

I don’t have Hulu. I just watch the episodes when they come on demand from my cable. I’m not sure if they are coming out with a third season or not. I certainly hope they are. They’ve already talked about so much and have momentum going. I’d hate to see that come to a screeching halt.