Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
China is going to be pissed !!
As a lawyer friend who was at the academy with me said said F'em 
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-...china-sea/
Quote:US rejects nearly all Chinese claims in South China Sea

Matthew Lee, The Associated Press and Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press
4 hours ago

[Image: KTCLQIPSJ5E3DIQDK5IRBNTQWQ.jpg] Aircraft from Carrier Air Wings (CVW) 5 and 17 fly in formation over the Nimitz Carrier Strike Force on July 6, 2020, in the South China Sea. The aircraft carriers USS Nimitz (CVN 68), right, and USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) and their carrier strike groups are conducting dual carrier operations in the Indo-Pacific as the Nimitz Carrier Strike Force. (MC3Keenan Daniels/Navy)
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration escalated its actions against China on Monday by stepping squarely into one of the most sensitive regional issues dividing them and rejecting outright nearly all of Beijing’s significant maritime claims in the South China Sea.
The administration presented the decision as an attempt to curb China’s increasing assertiveness in the region with a commitment to recognizing international law. But it will almost certainly have the more immediate effect of further infuriating the Chinese, who are already retaliating against numerous U.S. sanctions and other penalties on other matters.
It also comes as President Donald Trump has come under growing fire for his response to the COVID-19 pandemic, stepped up criticism of China ahead of the 2020 election and sought to paint his expected Democratic challenger, former Vice President Joe Biden, as weak on China.

[Image: Z3N2474WVNCLPBPCA6ZKCOYWDI.jpg]
US rejects China maritime claims in South China Sea
The U.S. permanent representative to the United Nations has fired back at Chinese territorial claims in the South China Sea.
The Associated Press

Previously, U.S. policy had been to insist that maritime disputes between China and its smaller neighbors be resolved peacefully through U.N.-backed arbitration. But in a statement released Monday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the U.S. now regards virtually all Chinese maritime claims outside its internationally recognized waters to be illegitimate. The shift does not involve disputes over land features that are above sea level, which are considered to be “territorial” in nature.
“The world will not allow Beijing to treat the South China Sea as its maritime empire,” Pompeo said. “America stands with our Southeast Asian allies and partners in protecting their sovereign rights to offshore resources, consistent with their rights and obligations under international law. We stand with the international community in defense of freedom of the seas and respect for sovereignty and reject any push to impose ‘might makes right’ in the South China Sea or the wider region.”
Although the U.S. will continue to remain neutral in territorial disputes, the announcement means the administration is in effect siding with Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam, all of which oppose Chinese assertions of sovereignty over maritime areas surrounding contested islands, reefs and shoals.
“There are clear cases where (China) is claiming sovereignty over areas that no country can lawfully claim,” the State Department said in a fact sheet that accompanied the statement. 
I for one am Happy POTUS D. Trump is stepping into this with both feet.
If China wants to get Stupid, Kick Their Ass Back To The Stone Age.

China needs to learn how to live with others and Play Nice.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-14-2020, 12:57 AM)guohua Wrote: I for one am Happy POTUS D. Trump is stepping into this with both feet.

Congress needs to send the Chinese Communist Party a 3 Trillion dollar invoice to repay the Fed for the stimulus package needed to help with the Wuhan (weapons grade) bat virus released *accidentally* to murder the world; to then take over T.H.R.U.S.H. or SPECTRE style. How will managing 6 more billion lives work? I am not sure India will be keen on this idea. Saying NO means NO to the CCP thinking they conquered thus claim possession/domain of the South China Sea was good Missouri common sense. They made some sand islands.....planted a flag.
(07-14-2020, 03:25 AM)veteranhumanbeing Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 12:57 AM)guohua Wrote: I for one am Happy POTUS D. Trump is stepping into this with both feet.

Congress needs to send the Chinese Communist Party a 3 trillion dollar invoice to repay the Fed for the stimulus package needed to help with Wuhan Virus fallout, (just the gesture would be nice). Kudos to the rejection of CCP claims: "NO, you do not own the South China Sea".
Congress needs to send the Chinese Communist Party a 3 Trillion dollar invoice to repay the Fed for the stimulus package needed to help with the Wuhan (weapons grade) bat virus released *accidentally* to murder the world; to then take over T.H.R.U.S.H. or SPECTRE style.  How will managing 6 more billion lives work? I am not sure India will be keen on this idea.

This Congress Does NOT have the Cajones (Balls) to do that, Asshole Bunch of Cowards.
(07-14-2020, 03:33 AM)guohua Wrote:

Congress needs to send the Chinese Communist Party a 3 trillion dollar invoice to repay the Fed for the stimulus package needed to help with Wuhan Virus fallout, (just the gesture would be nice). Kudos to the rejection of CCP claims: "NO, you do not own the South China Sea".
Congress needs to send the Chinese Communist Party a 3 Trillion dollar invoice to repay the Fed for the stimulus package needed to help with the Wuhan (weapons grade) bat virus released *accidentally* to murder the world; to then take over T.H.R.U.S.H. or SPECTRE style.  How will managing 6 more billion lives work? I am not sure India will be keen on this idea.

This Congress Does NOT have the Cajones (Balls) to do that, Asshole Bunch of Cowards.
Probably because a certain percentage of them are on the CCP/PLA payroll !
(07-14-2020, 09:16 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 03:33 AM)guohua Wrote:

Probably because a certain percentage of them are on the CCP/PLA payroll !

Should draw a death sentence.  Let Feinstein be tried first.

'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
@"727Sky" 

Quote:Probably because a certain percentage of them are on the CCP/PLA payroll !

That statement is Absolutely True, I wish that I still had the documents of who the CCP controlled.