Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Comet Neowise
I have yet to see it, but I will be looking for info so everyone has a chance to see it. 

Quote:A comet has been captured on camera streaking across the skies over Stonehenge.
Comet Neowise has been spotted by stargazers across the UK and around the world as it heads past Earth.
It was discovered in late March and became one of the few comets in the 21st century that can be seen with the naked eye as it approached the sun.
The comet will be closest to the Earth on 23 July but will still be about 64 million miles (103 million km) away.

[Image: comet-neowise.jpg]

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-53383007

https://skyandtelescope.org/astronomy-ne...nd-lemmon/
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
I would love to see it, but I can already predict the weather here will be cloud covered or raining. Always is when some major event takes place.
I have tried to see it in the early morning hours and now at night.  Weather is not cooperating yet.  Not giving up.  I want to see it!  I want my spawn to see it.  Found this picture on twitter.  Might help.

Jillian
[Image: Ec-BFBq-XYAEQ5-Ef.jpg]

image hoster
(07-13-2020, 06:16 AM)Kentuckymama Wrote: I have tried to see it in the early morning hours and now at night.  Weather is not cooperating yet.  Not giving up.  I want to see it!  I want my spawn to see it.  Found this picture on twitter.  Might help.

Jillian
[Image: Ec-BFBq-XYAEQ5-Ef.jpg]

image hoster

Yea, that would be nice to see.
It is just to DAMN HOT to stand out site yet tonight, 103 degrees at 10:15 PM / 22:15
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Since my birthday is 23 July, they really should have named this comet after me - "Comet Ninurta". has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

They really missed the boat there...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-15-2020, 06:25 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Since my birthday is 23 July, they really should have named this comet after me - "Comet Ninurta". has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

They really missed the boat there...

Yes, kind of looks like you if you screwed Pluto and had a child. 

Wish it was dark enough here , but being just inside city limits, there is to much light. 

Suppose to be able to see it right now just below the big dipper here.

minusculebeercheers
(07-15-2020, 06:39 AM)kdog Wrote: Yes, kind of looks like you if you screwed Pluto and had a child. 

Wish it was dark enough here , but being just inside city limits, there is to much light. 

Suppose to be able to see it right now just below the big dipper here.

minusculebeercheers

Pluto wasn't supposed to tell...

I can't see the big dipper from here. Mountains are in the way. I'd have to get up to the top of the mountain.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I'd have loved to have seen it.  But the skies are always grey and its always pissing down here. Dont think they have invented "Cloud busting Nikons " yet minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
(07-15-2020, 08:07 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: I'd have loved to have seen it.  But the skies are always grey and its always pissing down here. Dont think they have invented "Cloud busting Nikons " yet minusculebeercheers

I was hoping to see it last night , but because of the lights from the city, I could not. You are suppose to see it just below the big dipper about 80 minutes after sunset here in the US through the 19th.  May take a drive to the country to try to view it.
Just checked the weather. Today is the last day for no rain, then rain for the next week everyday. Hopefully the clouds won't move in before I get a chance to see it.
I can't even believe a major event like this is happening and it's not raining for once.   minusculebiggrin