Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Not joining the Eu's Covid 19 vaccine scheme
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health...KKBN24B2EL...Never been a fan of the European Union. This part to me seems like stupidity quote....Under the EU plan, the bloc wants to buy or commit to buy promising vaccines before they are ready, taking the risk of potential clinical failures. In exchange, it would get priority access to the shots.

So basically if the shots don't work or are deadly...The EU will still buy them and put them in you're families arm!!!  Great work guy's!!!!

Or are we as bad?

Britain has already struck a deal to secure 100 million doses of an experimental vaccine that has been developed by the University of Oxford and licensed to British drugmaker AstraZeneca.

This is one reason i wont be taking any vaccines (Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me though lol minusculebiggrin)
I am not feeling secure with anything they come up with as a rushed vaccine. I trust them less than a mosquito who promises not to bite and drink my blood.
(07-12-2020, 09:31 AM)727Sky Wrote: I am not feeling secure with anything they come up with as a rushed vaccine. I trust them less than a mosquito who promises not to bite and drink my blood.

Haha yes indeed very true.  All i know is the lot of them are as bent as a Banana. And as long as they are making millions they will tell you any old shite  minusculebonker
Now, now, Doc.  Mutti Merkel says it will all be good! minusculebiggrin

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-12-2020, 09:24 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health...KKBN24B2EL...Never been a fan of the European Union. This part to me seems like stupidity quote....Under the EU plan, the bloc wants to buy or commit to buy promising vaccines before they are ready, taking the risk of potential clinical failures. In exchange, it would get priority access to the shots.

So basically if the shots don't work or are deadly...The EU will still buy them and put them in you're families arm!!!  Great work guy's!!!!

Or are we as bad?

Britain has already struck a deal to secure 100 million doses of an experimental vaccine that has been developed by the University of Oxford and licensed to British drugmaker AstraZeneca.

This is one reason i wont be taking any vaccines (Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me though lol minusculebiggrin)

Good luck to any government asshat that tries to get me to take the vaccine when it comes out! I didn't start getting flu shot until I was in my 40s and just had my first pneumonia shot in February of this year. I want to see what the effects are 10-20 years down the road before I even think about taking it and may not even take it then. 

Personally I think people who are willing to put forth their arms as guinea pigs have lost their minds! They're going to have to fight me!

"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(07-12-2020, 09:24 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health...KKBN24B2EL...Never been a fan of the European Union. This part to me seems like stupidity quote....Under the EU plan, the bloc wants to buy or commit to buy promising vaccines before they are ready, taking the risk of potential clinical failures. In exchange, it would get priority access to the shots.

Or are we as bad?

I don't know why anyone would go along with this plan. We have seen recall after recall, of medicines that have been prescribed and used for years, after supposedly extensive testing, only to find out years later that they are harmful and responsible for millions of injuries and deaths.

So why would anyone be willing to be a guinea pig, trusting a vaccine for a virus they admit they know little to nothing about?

Count me out.
I had heard that they do have people who get paid, called Paid Clinical Trials or Professional Guinea Pigs.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-12-2020, 11:52 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Now, now, Doc.  Mutti Merkel says it will all be good! minusculebiggrin

Cheers

Oh yes Fuhrer .....I mean frau Merkel is all above board (Wrll about 10 percent of the time) minusculebiggrin
(07-12-2020, 02:35 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:

Or are we as bad?

Good luck to any government asshat that tries to get me to take the vaccine when it comes out! I didn't start getting flu shot until I was in my 40s and just had my first pneumonia shot in February of this year. I want to see what the effects are 10-20 years down the road before I even think about taking it and may not even take it then. 

Personally I think people who are willing to put forth their arms as guinea pigs have lost their minds! They're going to have to fight me!

That would be one mean fight by the looks of it. Same here. They would have to kidnap me and force me to take any vaccine  minusculebonker
(07-12-2020, 04:16 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Or are we as bad?

I don't know why anyone would go along with this plan. We have seen recall after recall, of medicines that have been prescribed and used for years, after supposedly extensive testing, only to find out years later that they are harmful and responsible for millions of injuries and deaths.

So why would anyone be willing to be a guinea pig, trusting a vaccine for a virus they admit they know little to nothing about?

Count me out.

Its crazy.  Thing is plenty would be in a line waiting for it when it's released . Thinking it must be safe coz the government said so  minusculechairshot
(07-12-2020, 07:36 PM)guohua Wrote: I had heard that they do have people who get paid, called Paid Clinical Trials or Professional Guinea Pigs.

Yes there's a place not to far off me who regularly ask for Guinea pigs. A friend of mine did it and got paid a handsome sum to trial a new drug. Saw him the other day. He waved with all 3 arms! minusculebiggrin
(07-12-2020, 07:46 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 07:36 PM)guohua Wrote: I had heard that they do have people who get paid, called Paid Clinical Trials or Professional Guinea Pigs.

Yes there's a place not to far off me who regularly ask for Guinea pigs. A friend of mine did it and got paid a handsome sum to trial a new drug. Saw him the other say. He waved with all 3 arms! minusculebiggrin

smallrofl
For the right sum of money (meaning, they're paying me), I would be willing to get a Rona vaccine if it appears tobe safe and effective after 2-3 years of people having it and being challenged by the virus without immune system overreaction makijg them ill/dead.

...but it would have to be a LOT of money.

Or are we as bad?

As a kid, I still remember , the swine flu. There were suppose to be 2 shots, but I got the first one and never the second because of some problem with kids. I have never trusted authority since then and always question every thing. 

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-12-2020, 10:19 PM)Dogstar23 Wrote: For the right sum of money (meaning, they're paying me), I would be willing to get a Rona vaccine if it appears tobe safe and effective after 2-3 years of people having it and being challenged by the virus without immune system overreaction makijg them ill/dead.

...but it would have to be a LOT of money.

Money does talk Dogstar that's for sure. I guess people are in different situations. I have no underlying problems which tends to be the real killer with Corona. So it's easy for me to say Noooooo way to a Vaccine.  But a lot of people with underlying problems would feel they have to have the vaccine for fear of death from covid. I guess the Government and pharmaceutical companies have these people by the short and Curley's
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
(07-12-2020, 10:30 PM)kdog Wrote:

Or are we as bad?

As a kid, I still remember , the swine flu. There were suppose to be 2 shots, but I got the first one and never the second because of some problem with kids. I have never trusted authority since then and always question every thing. 

minusculebeercheers

Wow sounds like a lucky escape for you. They always say "Its completely safe " Soon as i hear those words I'm off like a shot lol  minusculebiggrin
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
They have had no luck making a vaccine for any coronavirus or a Sars virus, I am not going to get one of these vaccines till they have been around a few years.  I have a bad reaction to the flu shot,I have patients, I am cautious of this virus but am more leary of an improperly tested vaccine than this virus.
Quote:
  • Top scientists, including 15 Nobel laureates, are calling for healthy volunteers to be exposed to the coronavirus.

• This would be to see whether vaccines against Covid-19 actually work.

• The scientists signed an open letter to Dr. Francis Collins, the head of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the U.S.

WTF!?
Quote:Challenge trials see healthy volunteers deliberately exposed to a virus, after being given a vaccine, to test whether the vaccine works to prevent infection.

Such trials are not without controversy, but organization ‘1 Day Sooner’ and other prominent experts insist the benefit of fast-tracking challenge trials outweigh the risks, and are calling on the U.S. government to authorize them.
Source

No, No, No, Not Me!
They are not even offering a pay check.
I seen this to go along with the above post.
Quote:A highly anticipated clinical trial for a potential COVID-19 vaccine managed in part by the American drug company Moderna has resulted in some adverse effects in more than half of the trial's participants, with one test group reporting "severe" symptoms. 

Just SOME adverse effects, please read more.

Quote:The trial, which is also being sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, administered the vaccine "as a 0.5-ml injection in the deltoid muscle" in two shots spaced about one month apart. Two separate groups received 25-microgram and 100-microgram doses, respectively. A third group with a 250-microgram dose was subsequently added. 

The vaccine "induced anti–SARS-CoV-2 immune responses in all participants," the research team reported Tuesday in the New England Journal of Medicine. Researchers said that "no trial-limiting safety concerns were identified." Yet a majority of participants still reported at least one side effect.

Quote:"Solicited adverse events that occurred in more than half the participants included fatigue, chills, headache, myalgia, and pain at the injection site," the report states. Fever, joint pain and nausea were also reported. 
Side effects grew more common with more (and larger) injections, the scientists write: 

Quote:"Systemic adverse events were more common after the second vaccination, particularly with the highest dose, and three participants (21%) in the 250-μg dose group reported one or more severe adverse events."

Notably, every participant in the two larger-dose groups reported adverse reactions after their second injections. One study participant in the smallest-dose group, meanwhile, was removed due to having developed hives after the first round of injections. 

The scientists said that due to the ongoing status of the project, they are not yet "able to assess the durability of the immune responses" generated by the vaccine, but that they intend to follow participants "for 1 year after the second vaccination" and examine regular blood samples to monitor the vaccine's effects. 

A large trial "expected to evaluate a 100-μg dose" is "anticipated to begin during the summer of 2020," the report states.

Source

I ask you,,, YOU going to Volunteer? 
Can they pay you enough,,,, OH,,, yes these are Volunteers. You're either desperate for attention or just stupid.
No.

Just. . . . . no.

Nope.  Uh-uh.

Never gonna happen to this l'il bunny.

Good on the UK for telling the EU to stuff it!
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln