Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cats Can Now Vote?
A cat... a dead cat, got a voter registration application in the mail in Atlanta, GA.

Say what?!  tinybighuh

Well, I have two that will be very happy to hear this!  I'll fill it out for them.   :smallwink:   minusculebiggrin

Quote:An Atlanta family said it received a voter registration form this week for their cat Cody Tims – who died 12 years ago.

"There's a huge push but if they're trying to register cats, I'm not sure who else they're trying to register,” the late feline’s owner, Carol Tims, told Fox5 Atlanta. “I'm not sure if they're trying to register dogs, mice, snakes.”

The Tims say they found the form addressed to the cat in their mailbox on Wednesday.

Carol Tims described Cody as a “great cat, indoor and outdoor” who “loved his family, loved his neighborhood” and lived to the age of 18.

But in terms of his voting prospects, “he's a cat and he's been dead for a long time,” Tims told Fox5 Atlanta.

The Georgia Secretary of State's Office told the station that they did not send out the form and that third-party groups behind such applications often use mailing lists to obtain names and addresses of people — and in this case, a cat.

"Third-party groups all over the country are targeting Georgia to help register qualified individuals,” it said in a statement. “This group makes you wonder what these out-of-town activists are really doing. Make no mistake about it, this office is dedicated to investigating all types of fraud."

Asked how Cody might have voted in the polls – if he could – Tims told Fox5Atlanta that he was a “Democat.”
SOURCE

See how easy it is to manipulate the mail in ballots?  Now cats are allowed to vote.

But what about dogs?  I'm calling this RACIST!   smallupset
This reminds me of a time over fifty years ago. We had a German Shepard named Charlie. Charlie was extremely protective and was very sneaky.

We had a "Beware Of Dog" sign on the gate, but you always had that person that would shake the gate to stir him up, so he became wise to the ploy. He learned, when you shook the gate he would not respond. He would wait until you walked into the gate and reach the no return spot, then he would come after you. He would then leave you standing on the porch until someone came to rescue you, or you could take your chances trying to get back to the gate.

Well, one day a meter reader got stuck on the porch for over eight hours. He was pissed. He filed charges. We laughed like crazy when the court subpoena came in Charlie's name. My Mom said she started to send him into the courtroom unattended, but she thought better of it.

She left Charlie at home and the judge threw out the case, but like I said, it was over fifty years ago, and it was in the country.

Not meaning to cause thread drift but it brought up old memories, and made me laugh almost as hard as I did the day the subpoena came for Charlie.
(07-10-2020, 11:23 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: This reminds me of a time over fifty years ago. We had a German Shepard named Charlie. Charlie was extremely protective and was very sneaky.

We had a "Beware Of Dog" sign on the gate, but you always had that person that would shake the gate to stir him up, so he became wise to the ploy. He learned, when you shook the gate he would not respond. He would wait until you walked into the gate and reach the no return spot, then he would come after you. He would then leave you standing on the porch until someone came to rescue you, or you could take your chances trying to get back to the gate.

Well, one day a meter reader got stuck on the porch for over eight hours. He was pissed. He filed charges. We laughed like crazy when the court subpoena came in Charlie's name. My Mom said she started to send him into the courtroom unattended, but she thought better of it.

She left Charlie at home and the judge threw out the case, but like I said, it was over fifty years ago, and it was in the country.

Not meaning to cause thread drift but it brought up old memories and made laugh almost as hard and it did the day the subpoena came for Charlie.

Funny!   smallrofl
Democrat deep cover operations getting so dumb with this one !!

Don't they know all cats are natural born Lib-purr-tarians ?

tinylaughing

[Image: Lim-in-Coconut.jpg]

[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
(07-10-2020, 11:04 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: A cat... a dead cat, got a voter registration application in the mail in Atlanta, GA.

Say what?!  tinybighuh

Well, I have two that will be very happy to hear this!  I'll fill it out for them.   :smallwink:   minusculebiggrin

Your cats probably can't vote Democrat.

Only dead things vote Democrat, after all...

tinylaughing
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

(07-11-2020, 02:27 AM)Lumenari Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 11:04 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: A cat... a dead cat, got a voter registration application in the mail in Atlanta, GA.

Say what?!  tinybighuh

Your cats probably can't vote Democrat.

Only dead things vote Democrat, after all...

tinylaughing

You make a good point, @"Lumenari".  I forgot.   tinyfunny
Cats could always vote.  They have simply not deigned to do so.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-11-2020, 07:48 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Cats could always vote.  They have simply not deigned to do so.

Cheers

Really, Ok, then am I going to get a ballot in the mail for local elections like the one I got today, I have a feral cat living in my backyard.
Can I fell out the form for it and then catch the cat and ink up its paw and was the paw in the signature block?
Or would that be cruel?
Yes, Yes, Inquiring minds want to know.
[Image: a3a3d32cabd86fda0ad085454190e085.gif] [Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcStac_yHYxJxb7s6H7eu...g&usqp=CAU]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Say what?!  tinybighuh

Quote:An Atlanta family said it received a voter registration form this week for their cat Cody Tims – who died 12 years ago.

"There's a huge push but if they're trying to register cats, I'm not sure who else they're trying to register,” the late feline’s owner, Carol Tims, told Fox5 Atlanta. “I'm not sure if they're trying to register dogs, mice, snakes.”

The Tims say they found the form addressed to the cat in their mailbox on Wednesday.

Carol Tims described Cody as a “great cat, indoor and outdoor” who “loved his family, loved his neighborhood” and lived to the age of 18.

But in terms of his voting prospects, “he's a cat and he's been dead for a long time,” Tims told Fox5 Atlanta.

The Georgia Secretary of State's Office told the station that they did not send out the form and that third-party groups behind such applications often use mailing lists to obtain names and addresses of people — and in this case, a cat.

"Third-party groups all over the country are targeting Georgia to help register qualified individuals,” it said in a statement. “This group makes you wonder what these out-of-town activists are really doing. Make no mistake about it, this office is dedicated to investigating all types of fraud."

Asked how Cody might have voted in the polls – if he could – Tims told Fox5Atlanta that he was a “Democat.”
SOURCE

See how easy it is to manipulate the mail in ballots?  Now cats are allowed to vote.

But what about dogs?  I'm calling this RACIST!   smallupset

Only dead cats can vote, this is much more serious
(07-11-2020, 07:48 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Cats could always vote.  They have simply not deigned to do so.

Cheers

You sir/madam/it             are a fenlineracists and should be ashamed. FLM FLM FLM
(07-11-2020, 11:16 AM)Wallfire Wrote:

Cheers

You sir/madam/it             are a fenlineracists and should be ashamed. FLM FLM FLM

Please, the word is "Specist" tinylaughing 

Cheers

@"guohua" 

Not sure I would try to catch a feral cat!  They've gone off the grid.

Cheers