Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's the Wildest or Most Powerful Dream You've Ever Had?
I'm weird with dreams, I'm the type who loves a good nightmare, I wake up thinking that was fun because it wasn't real.  Maybe I need to get out more  tinylaughing

The most powerful dream I've ever had happened maybe about 5 years ago, but I remember to this day EXACTLY how I felt in that dream.

I don't remember the entire dream, but i know for sure i went to a beach house.  I remember bringing luggage into a room, and I saw her.  

She was a ghost, maybe in her mid-teens?  She walked right in front of me about 10 feet away and disappeared behind a door that was open and against a wall.  Honestly she was kind of rough looking, she looked like she might have drowned and had been there for a little while, I remember she had a green hue to her and was blotchy.

A second later, when what I had just seen hit me, I sobbed like a baby.  Tears of joy.  I couldn't do the feeling justice in words.  Finally I knew that there was something more after we die.  I was the happiest I've ever been.

That dream has stuck with me to this day, I think about it often.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
I've had many, but the first and most clear one that comes to mind was a "dream" I had when I was around eight or nine years old.
I was in the back seat riding down the road with my mother in the driver's seat and my grandmother in the front passenger's seat. They were having a conversation about something. I don't remember the words now, but I did for a long time after this.
After a day or two this "dream" came true, down to the conversation they were having. It wasn't anything important, just casual talk, but it hit me hard as I was actually in the car remembering word for word what they would say next.

I think that's when I became interested in learning about astral travel and seeing into the future.
(07-09-2020, 11:44 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I've had many, but the first and most clear one that comes to mind was a "dream" I had when I was around eight or nine years old.
I was in the back seat riding down the road with my mother in the driver's seat and my grandmother in the front passenger's seat. They were having a conversation about something. I don't remember the words now, but I did for a long time after this.
After a day or two this "dream" came true, down to the conversation they were having. It wasn't anything important, just casual talk, but it hit me hard as I was actually in the car remembering word for word what they would say next.

I think that's when I became interested in learning about astral travel and seeing into the future.

That's nuts, did it feel like deja vu at the time?  I'd have been creeped right the hell out, especially at that age!
Ooooo I have a good one when I get home!
(07-09-2020, 11:46 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 11:44 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I've had many, but the first and most clear one that comes to mind was a "dream" I had when I was around eight or nine years old.

That's nuts, did it feel like deja vu at the time?  I'd have been creeped right the hell out, especially at that age!

Yes, sort of like deja vu.  I remember it freaked me out.   tinybighuh I just sat there trying to figure out how I had seen all that in advance in a dream. It took me a few years to learn what it was called. No internet back then. I didn't even know what to call it to check out any books at the library. I finally discovered a lot when I entered my teens.
(07-09-2020, 11:50 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Ooooo I have a good one when I get home!

I know you do. You have told me about one or two of your dreams in a PM. 

I'm waiting. tinybiggrin
I have more if you'd like to hear them. They're along the same lines of dreaming something that came true.

I'll go ahead and share this one. I was in my 30's when this happened.

I dreamed I was living in this beautiful place on top of a hill with the most gorgeous view of the mountains from my front covered porch. I was sitting in a rocking chair admiring the sunset.
Down to my right in a little valley sat an A frame house. Some time during the dream, I walked to the A frame house and asked for something. I have this written down somewhere in more detail that I've forgotten now, but it was for a cup of sugar, or eggs, or something.

Anyway, maybe a month after my dream, I had been to see a family member that lives in a different county than me. On my way home, I decided to go down a side road just to look at the countryside. I had never been in this area before.  As I traveled on the two lane road, I came to a brand new subdivision that was being developed on my left, so I turned in just to check it out.
There weren't many houses yet, but it had many lots marked off for sale.

As I neared the top of the grade I saw a field that looked familiar. I pulled my car off the road and walked to the top of the field and that's when I noticed the view; the same view from my "dream" with the same sunset from my dream. And just to my right, in the valley, was the A frame house.

My jaw dropped down to my chest. tinywhat

I was so happy because I took it as a sign that I was going to live here in the future.

I drove back to the place a couple of years later and someone had bought the lot and built a house on it. It looked just like the one in my dream. tinyhuh

I don't see any opportunity for me to ever live there at this stage in my life, but who knows?  If I was looking into the future in my dream, there's still hope.  Maybe I'll win the lottery so I can buy it.   minusculebiggrin
I have had so many that I can't remember them all, but some I posted so they are out there somewhere.

I will share these two I found. I posted them at another site on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM.

I have heard it said that you never die in your dreams, and if you do you will not wake up. Well either that is not true, or I am still dreaming. or I don’t realize that I am dead. The night before last I dreamt that I died. I don’t know how I died and I did not seem to be concerned about how I died.

My first memory is of seeing my coffin. I thought that my coffin looked odd. It was white and seemed to be made out of Styrofoam or concrete. I tried to follow the coffin because I was intrigued and I wanted to know what they were going to do with my body. I was in what looked like a dark tunnel, and the only thing visible to me was the coffin, and it appeared to be floating. I could hear a voice in my mind telling me to “leave it!”. I could hear someone saying “Stop following that shell and be done with it!” I remember saying, again, in my mind, not out loud; “I want to see what they are going to do with it.”

Shortly after this, I felt as if someone had hit me with a tazer. I remember thinking, I am being electrocuted. My entire body was convulsing and I realized that I was disintegrating. I was dissolving into a thousand, no a million tiny beads of different colored lights. I remember thinking, “it is true.” “I am really dead.” I awakened with a jolt. My whole body shook so hard that it slammed my headboard against the wall. I could still feel my whole body tingling with the aftershock.

I wanted to see if I would repeat the dream last night but I didn’t. Last night I had a weird dream that it had rained for a very long time. So long that almost all the trees had died and the branches were just falling off into large piles all around the trees. I was standing in front of my house looking at hundreds of black dead trees and a mound of what looked like from a distance, to be a couple of dead deer.

Just when I was beginning to feel depressed I saw that some of the trees had a vine climbing the dead trunks and branches that was covered in beautiful yellow flowers. The more attention I paid to the details I could see new life spring up among the dead leaves on the ground and tiny sprigs of beautiful flowers here and there. I turned to go back into my house but I couldn’t see my house. It wasn’t there any more.

I started walking. I had no destination in mind. I was just walking. I didn’t see anything or anyone for what seemed a long time, except a gas station that looked new but was completely destroyed. The gas pumps were even gone, only a portion of the small empty store remained. I stopped for a brief time to see if I could find traces that other people had been by, but I didn’t see anything that made me think anyone had been there. I remember thinking that it didn’t make any difference if I stayed or it I kept walking, so I started walking, again with no place in mind.

I don’t know how long I walked but I stopped because I could see in the distance a huge tree with many long branches. It looked like the tree was absorbing the sun and reflecting the light in all directions. It seemed the closer I got to the tree the more uplifted I felt, until I felt as if my heart was bursting with joy. When I got to the tree I could not do anything but look on it with absolute amazement. The tree was completely covered in the vines with the yellow flowers. The flowers covered the trunk and all the branches. I felt such peace, happiness, and joy, that my heart felt as if it was going to burst wide open, and it snatched me awake.

I awakened feeling completely drained. I could barely lift my arms or turn over. Even when I was able to sit on the side of the bed, it still took much effort for me to be able to walk. It took about a good fifteen minutes before I felt normal again.

I sure hope that when I go to bed tonight that I don’t dream, and if I do that I don’t remember it.

I can still remember this dream so well it is as if I had the dream a few days ago.
(07-10-2020, 12:29 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I have had so many that I can't remember them all, but some I posted so they are out there somewhere.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" That was interesting.  I used to interpret dreams. That one would take awhile, and I no longer have the patience to do such a "deep" dream. But it has some deep meaning in there for sure.
I can't remember details ... even though I made myself a promise I would.  The dream involved my daughter with dire consequence.

I do remember I called her and gave her warning.

Now I remember that event was so unsettling, that I need to call her and ask if she remembers.  LOL
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(07-10-2020, 12:36 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 12:29 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I have had so many that I can't remember them all, but some I posted so they are out there somewhere.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" That was interesting.  I used to interpret dreams. That one would take awhile, and I no longer have the patience to do such a "deep" dream. But it has some deep meaning in there for sure.

I have had other dreams that were clearly apocalyptic in feeling. They had great detail. I will have to find them, because I would likely leave too much important stuff out if I tried to rewrite them from my bad memory.

One that will always stay with me was the one where I saw great devastation on the planet, and images of leaders sitting on what, at the time, I thought was a giant billboard, that everyone could see. Now I think it may have been more like a hologram. Two of the leaders I will never forget. One was an image of a Chinese leader, the other was an image of a Black woman.  It was years ago I had that dream. I hope I find it again.
(07-10-2020, 12:17 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I have more if you'd like to hear them. They're along the same lines of dreaming something that came true.

I'll go ahead and share this one. I was in my 30's when this happened.

I dreamed I was living in this beautiful place on top of a hill with the most gorgeous view of the mountains from my front covered porch. I was sitting in a rocking chair admiring the sunset.  
Down to my right in a little valley sat an A frame house. Some time during the dream, I walked to the A frame house and asked for something. I have this written down somewhere in more detail that I've forgotten now, but it was for a cup of sugar, or eggs, or something.

Anyway, maybe a month after my dream,  I had been to see a family member that lives in a different county than me. On my way home, I decided to go down a side road just to look at the countryside. I had never been in this area before.  As I traveled on the two lane road, I came to a brand new subdivision that was being developed on my left, so I turned in just to check it out.
There weren't many houses yet, but it had many lots marked off for sale.

As I neared the top of the grade I saw a field that looked familiar. I pulled my car off the road and walked to the top of the field and that's when I noticed the view; the same view from my "dream" with the same sunset from my dream. And just to my right, in the valley, was the A frame house.

My jaw dropped down to my chest. tinywhat

I was so happy because I took it as a sign that I was going to live here in the future.

I drove back to the place a couple of years later and someone had bought the lot and built a house on it. It looked just like the one in my dream. tinyhuh

I don't see any opportunity for me to ever live there at this stage in my life, but who knows?  If I was looking into the future in my dream, there's still hope.  Maybe I'll win the lottery so I can buy it.   minusculebiggrin

I'd love to hear them, I've been really interested in dreams and DMT lately (thanks Joe Rogan).  

I've never had a dream come true in the future, not that I know of at least, must be an eerie feeling.

I will share these two I found. I posted them at another site on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM.

I have heard it said that you never die in your dreams, and if you do you will not wake up. Well either that is not true, or I am still dreaming. or I don’t realize that I am dead. The night before last I dreamt that I died. I don’t know how I died and I did not seem to be concerned about how I died.

My first memory is of seeing my coffin. I thought that my coffin looked odd. It was white and seemed to be made out of Styrofoam or concrete. I tried to follow the coffin because I was intrigued and I wanted to know what they were going to do with my body. I was in what looked like a dark tunnel, and the only thing visible to me was the coffin, and it appeared to be floating. I could hear a voice in my mind telling me to “leave it!”. I could hear someone saying “Stop following that shell and be done with it!” I remember saying, again, in my mind, not out loud; “I want to see what they are going to do with it.”

Shortly after this, I felt as if someone had hit me with a tazer. I remember thinking, I am being electrocuted. My entire body was convulsing and I realized that I was disintegrating. I was dissolving into a thousand, no a million tiny beads of different colored lights. I remember thinking, “it is true.” “I am really dead.” I awakened with a jolt. My whole body shook so hard that it slammed my headboard against the wall. I could still feel my whole body tingling with the aftershock.

I wanted to see if I would repeat the dream last night but I didn’t. Last night I had a weird dream that it had rained for a very long time. So long that almost all the trees had died and the branches were just falling off into large piles all around the trees. I was standing in front of my house looking at hundreds of black dead trees and a mound of what looked like from a distance, to be a couple of dead deer.

Just when I was beginning to feel depressed I saw that some of the trees had a vine climbing the dead trunks and branches that was covered in beautiful yellow flowers. The more attention I paid to the details I could see new life spring up among the dead leaves on the ground and tiny sprigs of beautiful flowers here and there. I turned to go back into my house but I couldn’t see my house. It wasn’t there any more.

I started walking. I had no destination in mind. I was just walking. I didn’t see anything or anyone for what seemed a long time, except a gas station that looked new but was completely destroyed. The gas pumps were even gone, only a portion of the small empty store remained. I stopped for a brief time to see if I could find traces that other people had been by, but I didn’t see anything that made me think anyone had been there. I remember thinking that it didn’t make any difference if I stayed or it I kept walking, so I started walking, again with no place in mind.

I don’t know how long I walked but I stopped because I could see in the distance a huge tree with many long branches. It looked like the tree was absorbing the sun and reflecting the light in all directions. It seemed the closer I got to the tree the more uplifted I felt, until I felt as if my heart was bursting with joy. When I got to the tree I could not do anything but look on it with absolute amazement. The tree was completely covered in the vines with the yellow flowers. The flowers covered the trunk and all the branches. I felt such peace, happiness, and joy, that my heart felt as if it was going to burst wide open, and it snatched me awake.

I awakened feeling completely drained. I could barely lift my arms or turn over. Even when I was able to sit on the side of the bed, it still took much effort for me to be able to walk. It took about a good fifteen minutes before I felt normal again.

I sure hope that when I go to bed tonight that I don’t dream, and if I do that I don’t remember it.

I can still remember this dream so well it is as if I had the dream a few days ago.
Really cool dreams, I hate that I can't remember a lot of details from them, just bits and pieces.
When I remember them, I remember them, most of the time, in great detail. Sometimes I know I had one but can't remember it at all, and I find it very annoying.  But I pretty much remember most of them.
(07-10-2020, 01:00 AM)Snarl Wrote: I can't remember details ... even though I made myself a promise I would.  The dream involved my daughter with dire consequence.

Now I remember that event was so unsettling, that I need to call her and ask if she remembers.  LOL

Damn, you also had a premonition-type dream?  Can you give any more detail, such as, did it tie in with something your daughter was about to do, like take a flight for example?
Quote:I'd love to hear them, I've been really interested in dreams and DMT lately (thanks Joe Rogan).  

I've never had a dream come true in the future, not that I know of at least, must be an eerie feeling.

Maybe tomorrow.
I'm just about to call it a night here. My kitty starts aggravating me at dusk wanting me to go to the recliner so he can have my lap.
Makes it hard to type with him walking back and forth over my keyboard.   tinylaughing
(07-10-2020, 01:42 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: When I remember them, I remember them, most of the time, in great detail. Sometimes I know I had one but can't remember it at all, and I find it very annoying.  But I pretty much remember most of them.

I'm jealous, even though more than half my dreams teeter on the edge of nightmare/weird.

I've done some research into lucid dreaming, no luck so far.  I want to fly goddammit.
(07-10-2020, 01:44 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 01:00 AM)Snarl Wrote: I can't remember details ... even though I made myself a promise I would.  The dream involved my daughter with dire consequence.

Damn, you also had a premonition-type dream?  Can you give any more detail, such as, did it tie in with something your daughter was about to do, like take a flight for example?

I tried to remember, but failed.  Called my daughter ... and she couldn't remember either.  I vaguely recalled something about a number coming up as a precursor to disaster.  Closest I could get.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(07-10-2020, 01:45 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Quote:I'd love to hear them, I've been really interested in dreams and DMT lately (thanks Joe Rogan).  

Maybe tomorrow.
I'm just about to call it a night here. My kitty starts aggravating me at dusk wanting me to go to the recliner so he can have my lap.
Makes it hard to type with him walking back and forth over my keyboard.   tinylaughing

They're bastards like that, but in the best way.
(07-09-2020, 11:35 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: I'm weird with dreams, I'm the type who loves a good nightmare, I wake up thinking that was fun because it wasn't real.  Maybe I need to get out more  tinylaughing

The most powerful dream I've ever had happened maybe about 5 years ago, but I remember to this day EXACTLY how I felt in that dream.

I don't remember the entire dream, but i know for sure i went to a beach house.  I remember bringing luggage into a room, and I saw her.  

She was a ghost, maybe in her mid-teens?  She walked right in front of me about 10 feet away and disappeared behind a door that was open and against a wall.  Honestly she was kind of rough looking, she looked like she might have drowned and had been there for a little while, I remember she had a green hue to her and was blotchy.

A second later, when what I had just seen hit me, I sobbed like a baby.  Tears of joy.  I couldn't do the feeling justice in words.  Finally I knew that there was something more after we die.  I was the happiest I've ever been.

That dream has stuck with me to this day, I think about it often.
Once I dreamed that while being involved in the exorcism of a child the demon left her body and tried to possess me in her place. It felt completely real and my ex woke me up saying I was kicking and screaming. I have never felt so afraid in my entire life and continued to feel that way for weeks- I was afraid to even close my eyes after that.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]