Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FBF 2020] A cold winter's night..
Sleeping on a cold winter's night, with windows slightly opened, feeling some cold air filling my lungs every time I breathe, has always been an all time favorite of mine. Camping outdoors on a winter's night, with enough furs to keep my body warm has always put me in a state that I cannot fully describe. Feeling the cold air around me, on my face and hands, all the while being tugged under a mountain of heavy furry blankets is something I wish everyone could try, at least once in a lifetime.

For some odd reason, it also enhanced my vivid dreaming faculties. Dreams so real that they are almost scary - or glorious.

That was one of those nights.

I was oddly dreaming that I was in a sleep paralysis state, not able to move an iota. In this dream, I could always open an eye - briefly - but all there was to be seen was snow. Walls of snow. Just snow all around. I was hysterically laughing inside as I knew that this wasn't real, especially after trying to focus my eyesight on something that moved close to me...that looked like...well...fluffy bunny feet.

I could also feel that I wasn't alone, someone else was there, a few feet away from me. I couldn't really tell if it was a he or a she, or an it for that matter but it seemed dressed for outdoors and not moving an iota either.

The only thing moving were those fluffy bunny feet that I'd see, from the corner of my eye, every time they'd get close to me.

I'd sometimes hear some sort of a growl but figured that it was that other person there, snoring or something of the like. Vivid imagination!

Sleep paralysis is a curious thing. I couldn't move but all my senses were awake, just not fully responding. And then, I felt heat. Like really, really hot and went into some sort of a panic...hypothermia could have been setting in.

I guess that the panic increased my heartbeat or something like that, as I started to become conscious again...waking up slowly.

My eyesight was returning, I could feel my limbs, frozen but I was still able to move a bit.

It is at that moment that I realized that this wasn't a dream.

I was hung, upside down and that other person I had imagined was there as well, about twelve feet away, also hanging upside down, and I could see that his or her feet were stuck to the ceiling of this place, in ice. He was a he, I could see him now, young but a he.

Feeling that movement again coming towards me, I looked and saw those fluffy feet again but as I raised my head to glimpse at what the rest of this animal looked like...

A Wampa!!!!

I've been caught by a Wampa!! I noticed the creature turning around towards the other person as he started to move. He was clearly trying to reach for something.

A bright blue light came on, swishing sounds and a howl...the creature had been hurt.

The creature turned around, looked at me and went further in the cave, leaving a limb and a trail of blood behind.

The young one had run out of the cave, never even noticing I was there.

In that brief second, my blood went cold, my heart stopped as I realized that I was stuck to the ceiling of this cave and that I was this Wampa's next lunch.

I had been warned before that such is life on Hoth. I was offered a rank in the Empire but refused it.

I never listened.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-07-2020, 01:46 AM)Sol Wrote: Sleeping on a cold winter's night, with windows slightly opened, feeling some cold air filling my lungs every time I breathe, has always been an all time favorite of mine. Camping outdoors on a winter's night, with enough furs to keep my body warm has always put me in a state that I cannot fully describe. Feeling the cold air around me, on my face and hands, all the while being tugged under a mountain of heavy furry blankets is something I wish everyone could try, at least once in a lifetime.

For some odd reason, it also enhanced my vivid dreaming faculties. Dreams so real that they are almost scary - or glorious.

I was oddly dreaming that I was in a sleep paralysis state, not able to move an iota. In this dream, I could always open an eye - briefly - but all there was to be seen was snow. Walls of snow. Just snow all around. I was hysterically laughing inside as I knew that this wasn't real, especially after trying to focus my eyesight on something that moved close to me...that looked like...well...fluffy bunny feet.

I could also feel that I wasn't alone, someone else was there, a few feet away from me. I couldn't really tell if it was a he or a she, or an it for that matter but it seemed dressed for outdoors and not moving an iota either.

The only thing moving were those fluffy bunny feet that I'd see, from the corner of my eye, every time they'd get close to me.

I'd sometimes hear some sort of a growl but figured that it was that other person there, snoring or something of the like. Vivid imagination!

Sleep paralysis is a curious thing. I couldn't move but all my senses were awake, just not fully responding. And then, I felt heat. Like really, really hot and went into some sort of a panic...hypothermia could have been setting in.

I guess that the panic increased my heartbeat or something like that, as I started to become conscious again...waking up slowly.

My eyesight was returning, I could feel my limbs, frozen but I was still able to move a bit.

I was hung, upside down and that other person I had imagined was there as well, about twelve feet away, also hanging upside down, and I could see that his or her feet were stuck to the ceiling of this place, in ice. He was a he, I could see him now, young but a he.

Feeling that movement again coming towards me, I looked and saw those fluffy feet again but as I raised my head to glimpse at what the rest of this animal looked like...

A Wampa!!!!

I've been caught by a Wampa!! I noticed the creature turning around towards the other person as he started to move. He was clearly trying to reach for something.

A bright blue light came on, swishing sounds and a howl...the creature had been hurt.

The creature turned around, looked at me and went further in the cave, leaving a limb and a trail of blood behind.

In that brief second, my blood went cold, my heart stopped as I realized that I was stuck to the ceiling of this cave and that I was this Wampa's next lunch.

I had been warned before that such is life on Hoth. I was offered a rank in the Empire but refused it.

I never listened.

So are you saying Luke left you there????? tinysure
tinylaughing smallawesome
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-07-2020, 01:50 AM)guohua Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 01:46 AM)Sol Wrote: Sleeping on a cold winter's night, with windows slightly opened, feeling some cold air filling my lungs every time I breathe, has always been an all time favorite of mine. Camping outdoors on a winter's night, with enough furs to keep my body warm has always put me in a state that I cannot fully describe. Feeling the cold air around me, on my face and hands, all the while being tugged under a mountain of heavy furry blankets is something I wish everyone could try, at least once in a lifetime.

A Wampa!!!!

I never listened.

So are you saying Luke left you there????? tinysure
tinylaughing smallawesome

Was that his name?

tinylaughing

This guy:

[Image: OURrZNt.jpg]

A Wampa!!!!

I never listened.

I liked the theme!

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Thumbs Up 
Great story! Creepy, but I like it.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

You caught me on that part, because I entirely agree with it. I LOVE camping outdoors in the winter with 50 pounds of bedding on me...

But then you lost me and it wasn't your fault at all.

An embarrassing confession... the last Star Wars movie I watched was The Empire Strikes Back...

tinysurprised
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

(07-07-2020, 02:05 AM)beez Wrote:

A Wampa!!!!

I never listened.

I liked the theme!

tinybiggrin

Thank you!

minusculebeercheers
(07-07-2020, 02:17 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Great story! Creepy, but I like it.

Haha..creepy, yes!

Before I started writing it, I was wondering what type of animal would look like it's having fluffy bunny feet if all I could see were his feet.

Then I thought, yeah, that creature in Star Wars with Luke in the ice cave. With the help of Google, the story took form :)

Just thought it would be different if seen from someone other than Luke..

Thanks for reading it!!

minusculebeercheers
Very good. Enjoyed that one. Might have a go myself if i can come up with something twisted enough  minusculebeercheers
(07-07-2020, 02:35 AM)Lumenari Wrote:

You caught me on that part, because I entirely agree with it. I LOVE camping outdoors in the winter with 50 pounds of bedding on me...

But then you lost me and it wasn't your fault at all.

An embarrassing confession... the last Star Wars movie I watched was The Empire Strikes Back...

tinysurprised

I have a confession as well. I hate cold. Never went camping in winter. It was just setting the tone for what needed to follow..

Another confession: In my opinion, The Empire Strikes Back was, and still is the very best Star Wars movie ever written.

Thanks for reading it. :)
(07-07-2020, 10:51 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Very good. Enjoyed that one. Might have a go myself if i can come up with something twisted enough  minusculebeercheers

Thanks, Doc!

You should give it a try, it's fun...and addictive!!

Cheers!

minusculebeercheers
(07-07-2020, 10:57 AM)Sol Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 10:51 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Very good. Enjoyed that one. Might have a go myself if i can come up with something twisted enough  minusculebeercheers

Thanks, Doc!

Cheers!

minusculebeercheers
It's a deal. I'll get my poetic head in gear and give it a whirl.  minusculebeercheers
(07-07-2020, 01:09 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 10:57 AM)Sol Wrote:

Thanks, Doc!

Cheers!

minusculebeercheers
It's a deal. I'll get my poetic head in gear and give it a whirl.  minusculebeercheers

Cool !!

minusculebeercheers
The Force was sure with you when you wrote this!
Fun read.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-07-2020, 01:24 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: The Force was sure with you when you wrote this!
Fun read.

Haha..Thank you !!

minusculebeercheers
You really left us hanging with that ending . . .

tinybiggrin 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-07-2020, 07:57 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: You really left us hanging with that ending . . .

tinybiggrin 

Cheers

LOL

Thanks for reading it!!

tinybiggrin