Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL to Play Black National Anthem, Will the Pandering Ever Stop
Quote:The NFL is looking to make some changes in recognition of racial injustice.

The sports league is planning to play "Lift Every Voice and Sing" — a song often referred to as the Black national anthem — before the "The Star-Spangled Banner" during every game on the opening week of the 2020 season, according to reports by the NFL Network, USA Today and NPR on Thursday, all of which cited a source with knowledge of the discussions.

NFL to Play Black National Anthem Before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' During All Week 1 Games: Report

this is starting to get a little bit more than ridiculous. i mean i can understand being pissed about somethings, and wanting them to stop. but it also takes those that are bitchin to do their part. stop demanding special treatment, stop expecting people to kiss your ass, stop showing your ass, stop blaming everybody else. look for justice when a crime is committed, and not demand being treated differently than everybody else.    

a national anthem is just that a anthem for a nation, not a certain group in that nation. what now, should we play a national anthem for every ethnic group that lives in this country? hell that would take at least a hour or more. who would want to sit through that?

now about all these companies, organizations, groups changing their names, doing things to favor black people when in fact they were doing nothing against them in the first place is just a pitiful attempt to pander so the bucks keep rolling in, that's all it's about. if they really felt that something needed to be done they would have done something years ago.    

another thing how about ending the racism on the other side, you can see the racism that many black celebrities, athletes, politicians, preachers,professionals, and everyday people have for any other race but the black one.

i could go on and on and it probably would sound like i was incoherent racist, so i'm done bitchin now. i just can't understand what's going on and the hypocrisy that is being demonstrated in this country now.
If all we ever focus on is our differences, we'll never see our similarities and we'll never be equal.

This is driven by nothing more than overt racism.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-04-2020, 01:23 AM)beez Wrote: If all we ever focus on is our differences, we'll never see our similarities and we'll never be equal.

Truth!!

What has the National Anthem got to do with racism anyway?

I mean, it stands for this country and ALL of it's people as a whole.

Didn't know being a Patriot was about color, other than Red/White/Blue

But what do I know, eh?

They go to that extreme, I will simply change channels.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(07-04-2020, 01:23 AM)beez Wrote: If all we ever focus on is our differences, we'll never see our similarities and we'll never be equal.

there is a thread on ATS about this and the OP posted a video with a black guy talking about this and he said basically the same thing.

he said.... well hell i wasn't going to post it. but it would be better for you to hear his words than me trying to paraphrase it.
it's at the 5:43 mark

guy makes a lot of sense.

did you check out his trekie hat.

oh it's a space force hat.
(07-04-2020, 01:37 AM)senona Wrote: Didn't know being a Patriot was about color, other than Red/White/Blue

it's not and those that say other wise are full of shit.

i'm starting to firmly believe that some people behind the scenes are really trying to start a real shootin race war.
What a joke.  How about we just keep politics and social issues out of sports?  People are watching the game for entertainment, for a temporary escape from the stupidity of society nowadays.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(07-04-2020, 02:32 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: What a joke.  How about we just keep politics and social issues out of sports?  People are watching the game for entertainment, for a temporary escape from the stupidity of society nowadays.

I was about to say the same thing.

Sports are where people escape, be it from home stress, work related, politics etc etc

Wish they would leave politics and religion out of sports. Period.

Just let people enjoy watching it for a few hours, without any kind of controversial bullshit being thrown at them.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(07-04-2020, 02:32 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: What a joke.  How about we just keep politics and social issues out of sports?  People are watching the game for entertainment, for a temporary escape from the stupidity of society nowadays.

that's what i say, ball games are a relief from the pains of life, something to take your mind off of it. even though some take them to serious, i'm sure they don't want to have the same shit thrown in their face during a ball game.
(07-04-2020, 01:40 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

there is a thread on ATS about this and the OP posted a video with a black guy talking about this and he said basically the same thing.

he said.... well hell i wasn't going to post it. but it would be better for you to hear his words than me trying to paraphrase it.
it's at the 5:43 mark

guy makes a lot of sense.

did you check out his trekie hat.

oh it's a space force hat.

Thanks for that. 

He's right in that it will only bring separation and division.

And the NFL was built on Patriotism.

Well time will tell what the fallout will be if the NFL decides to dip into the political field and take this route.
It hurt them in 2018 with the kneeling stunt.
As did ESPN, when they constantly talked politics instead of sports. 

Bet the same will happen again this year if they are not careful.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(07-04-2020, 02:47 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

that's what i say, ball games are a relief from the pains of life, something to take your mind off of it. even though some take them to serious, i'm sure they don't want to have the same shit thrown in their face during a ball game.

And this is the exact reason I have not watched a single NFL game in two years. And I'm certainly not going to start back now.

NASCAR is out... they went off the deep end.

Basketball? Nope, been hearing crap about them... it's a testament to how much I refuse to play these silly games that I can't even remember what it was. All I remember is NBA... politics... nope.

Fox has been airing a commercial for MLB to start up this month... not even worried about that any more. They'll screw it up, too.

The good news is that I have more money since I'm not spending any on making sure I have the sports channels or merchandise and I can get more done because there are no games to watch.

Waiting now for WWE and NCAA to screw up... looks like NCAA is going to be the next one to go under.

TheRedneck
(07-04-2020, 02:47 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

that's what i say, ball games are a relief from the pains. of life, something to take your mind off of it. even though some take them to serious, i'm sure they don't want to have the same shit thrown in their face during a ball game.
Ball games; innocent...off site betting aside; the real Gladiator Games were invented by the Romans  to quell the negative energy of mass discontent. Blood sport. Free entertainment provided to keep uprisings at bay. Nothing has changed except we pay inflated prices for tickets to events to anesthetize ourselves; glory in the "virtual" annihilation of another nation (sports team) until next weeks stadium invasion.
(07-04-2020, 01:04 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
Quote:The NFL is looking to make some changes in recognition of racial injustice.

The sports league is planning to play "Lift Every Voice and Sing" — a song often referred to as the Black national anthem — before the "The Star-Spangled Banner" during every game on the opening week of the 2020 season, according to reports by the NFL Network, USA Today and NPR on Thursday, all of which cited a source with knowledge of the discussions.

NFL to Play Black National Anthem Before 'The Star-Spangled Banner' During All Week 1 Games: Report

this is starting to get a little bit more than ridiculous. i mean i can understand being pissed about somethings, and wanting them to stop. but it also takes those that are bitchin to do their part. stop demanding special treatment, stop expecting people to kiss your ass, stop showing your ass, stop blaming everybody else. look for justice when a crime is committed, and not demand being treated differently than everybody else.    

a national anthem is just that a anthem for a nation, not a certain group in that nation. what now, should we play a national anthem for every ethnic group that lives in this country? hell that would take at least a hour or more. who would want to sit through that? ? 

Zactly. Tha fuck is a "Black National Anthem"? Carry that shit off to a black nation. We don't have one here. This is not a Black Nation, a White Nation, a Hispanic nation, an Oriental Nation, or even a Muslim Nation. It's just a Nation. get along together, or get the fuck out of my nation. You want an ethnic nation? Plenty of those in the rest of the world Just pick one that suits you and go.

Quote:now about all these companies, organizations, groups changing their names, doing things to favor black people when in fact they were doing nothing against them in the first place is just a pitiful attempt to pander so the bucks keep rolling in, that's all it's about. if they really felt that something needed to be done they would have done something years ago.    

Fuck 'em. They get no more of my money. No panderers do. When Anheuser Busch decided that illegal aliens were a good thing that they should support, I stopped buying their swill. Have not bought an ounce since that day, and I drink a LOT of beer. Local store shelves are loaded down with that crap because no one is buying it. There's not even any room for real American beer any more, because the Busch folks have loaded down the shelves hoping someone will buy it. We just go elsewhere for our alcohol. Eventually the stores will probably figure that out. The day Anheuser Busch goes bankrupt will be a good day - they aren't "too big to fail", they're "too dumb to live".

Quote:i could go on and on and it probably would sound like i was incoherent racist, so i'm done bitchin now. i just can't understand what's going on and the hypocrisy that is being demonstrated in this country now.

Who care who thinks you or I are "racist"? That term has been so overused and misused at this point that it no longer holds any actual meaning - it's just "blahblahblah" from the peanut gallery. Even they don't know what the hell it means any more. Fuck the bunch of them - just say what you want to say, any way you want to say it - they have no idea how to handle that.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta" 
Quote:Zactly. Tha fuck is a "Black National Anthem"? 

Agreed, they can take their Asses Back To Africa and play that Shit,,, Oh No that's right, The African Nations don't want them either.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-04-2020, 07:40 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

Agreed, they can take their Asses Back To Africa and play that Shit,,, Oh No that's right, The African Nations don't want them either.

Liberia might. Liberia is an African nation founded by former US slaves, so it has that same history and heritage as the plantation system and the modern Democrat/Marxist Urban Ghetto system that replaced the plantations for keeping slaves in check and subjugated to their Democrat/Marxist Masters...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

What if, and remember this is a" what if" question
What if there are so few similarities that its impossible to focus on them.
What if the differences are just to massive.
What if the two can never become equal but one must destroy the other, or both destroying each other.
 For example islam and the west will never become equal, one will destroy the other.
Some times its best just to get drunk and not think
Since they're trying to appease one race, what about the other races? Since blacks have their own special song now what about Native Americans? I suggest the Flag Song, sung at Powwows to honor the flag and eagle staffs. They're the Native American national anthems. They're sung during Grand Entry and before the Veteran's song, which honors veterans from all races and wars. What's more patriotic and American than that?

Quote:Many tribes even have their own national anthems known as flag songs that focus on veterans. They’re popular among Plains tribes from which the modern powwow originated, said Dennis Zotigh of the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian. Powwows are social gatherings, generally with competitive dancing.
While some powwows are competitive most are more of a spiritual nature.

Linky

I don't really get "taking a knee" as an act of defiance. It's so stupid. In feudal Europe taking a knee was an act of fealty.

Quote:
Quote:Homage and fealty,, in European society, solemn acts of ritual by which a person became a vassal of a lord in feudal society. Homage was essentially the acknowledgment of the bond of tenure that existed between the two. It consisted of the vassal surrendering himself to the lord, symbolized by his kneeling and giving his joined hands to the lord, who clasped them in his own, thus accepting the surrender.
Linky
So, in effect, they're still paying homage to the flag. You can't just hijack an existing gesture and make it mean the opposite of what it's supposed to. It's like flipping somebody the bird and saying it meant hello.
(07-04-2020, 11:39 AM)Wallfire Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 01:23 AM)beez Wrote:  

Some times its best just to get drunk and not think

minusculebeercheers
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-04-2020, 07:40 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

This is exactly why they promote crap like this. They want to get people all fired up, making it easier for them to attack on command, based on an easy identifier.

A video was provided that showed a Black man speaking out against this proposal, and yet few listen to him. Propaganda works because it ignites a response that is based on the problem that sits in our core. I personally have spoken to a number of Americans that would be classified as Black by most, and they either shared this man's view on the subject, or found it so incredulous that they said they refused to give it a second of their valuable time.

When you hear someone say the Blacks did this, said that, wants this, voted for that, do you ever stop to think, just who the hell they are talking about? Black people are just as individual as any other group of people. They are not part of a Borg collective. If you find yourself angry and ready to strike out against any or all people that you think is Black, because the media throws out a bunch of chum for bait, you will be snagged, hook, line, and sinker.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this whole mask business is about further dehumanizing us. Making easier targets of us. When you can't tell if a person is wearing a smile or a snarl, it makes them so much easier to kill.

I am tired. I have seen enough evil in the last 16 hours. I am going to take a break. Please spread a little love and enjoy our holiday.
Isn't having a separate national anthem for blacks just promoting segregation? 

Seems like we are being led backwards by the puppet masters, not forward.
They can't allow a united country where there is no chaos for them to feed off our negative emotions; they would starve.
No war games for their entertainment?  No blood spilled to help with depopulation?

No, no, no! We can't have peace among the people, they say. A united people could "take them out" if all rose up against them and took their power away.

We were getting along too well with others in 2008, so they sent in the perfect person to divide us, all going unnoticed until it was too late; a half black half white man, Barry Obummer. Who would question his motives having seen both sides of the fence, so to speak?

The rest is history.

We need to start putting out more videos of being united, and stop retweeting and sharing all the videos of fights and chaos in the streets. That's what "they" want us to do. They show one small group and force feed it to us in the news making us think this is the majority, when in reality, it's just a small percentage.

We can beat them; there is still time. 
It's time to get angry and take out those pulling the puppet strings, not the puppets they are using, like the owners of these ball teams. Only then can we live in a world united and have peace.