Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have You Ever Been Visited by an Angel?
I would like to hear your experience with angels, if you have one. I know there are many who have had these beings intervene in their lives during crisis, help with one's spiritual growth, and many other reasons.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FmD6g...f=1&nofb=1]

Here is one experience I will share:

Back in the 1980's my mother got up to go to the bathroom one night around two in the morning. Before going back to bed she looked out the bathroom window, and saw every light in the house on in the home where my sister lived just below her. She wondered what in the world were all the lights doing on at that time of night, knowing they had work/school that morning. She went back to bed, and called my sister the next day to ask what was going on down there?  

My sister was silent for a moment, then she told my mother that was the time her husband said he awakened from sleep to see three angelic beings standing at the foot of his bed. He described them as being very tall, with wings, and emitting an almost blinding light.
He said one of them looked at him and pointed to his right (or could have been the left... I don't remember). He said the angel didn't have fingers, but had three appendages. He didn't hear them speak, or receive any telepathic message. They just stood there looking at him, with the one pointing, then they faded away.

He was terrified and woke my sister after they left. She thought he had dreamed the whole thing, but when my mother called her about the house being lit up at that same time, it was validation that it had actually happened because my sister said everyone was in bed at that time with all the lights out. The light from the angels was what my mother had witnessed.

My brother-in-law was affected by this in a negative way for months! He thought they were telling him he was going to die. He went through a type of post-traumatic stress from this experience for over a year.

Several months later, as he was driving to work, he saw one of the angels standing on a bridge as he was about to cross it. Again, he was terrified and thought maybe he was going to go off the bridge, or maybe he was supposed to jump off the bridge. He proceeded across the bridge safely though.

He never did learn what the message was, and he is still alive today.

Do you have a story to share?
(07-03-2020, 02:05 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I would like to hear your experience with angels, if you have one. I know there are many who have had these beings intervene in their lives during crisis, help with one's spiritual growth, and many other reasons.

Back in the 1980's my mother got up to go to the bathroom one night around two in the morning. Before going back to bed she looked out the bathroom window, and saw every light in the house on in the home where my sister lived just below her. She wondered what in the world were all the lights doing on at that time of night, knowing they had work/school that morning. She went back to bed, and called my sister the next day to ask what was going on down there?  

My sister was silent for a moment, then she told my mother that was the time her husband said he awakened from sleep to see three angelic beings standing at the foot of his bed. He described them as being very tall, with wings, and emitting an almost blinding light.
He said one of them looked at him and pointed to his right (or could have been the left... I don't remember). He said the angel didn't have fingers, but had three appendages. He didn't hear them speak, or receive any telepathic message. They just stood there looking at him, with the one pointing, then they faded away.

He was terrified and woke my sister after they left. She thought he had dreamed the whole thing, but when my mother called her about the house being lit up at that same time, it was validation that it had actually happened because my sister said everyone was in bed at that time with all the lights out. The light from the angels was what my mother had witnessed.

My brother-in-law was affected by this in a negative way for months! He thought they were telling him he was going to die. He went through a type of post-traumatic stress from this experience for over a year.

Several months later, as he was driving to work, he saw one of the angels standing on a bridge as he was about to cross it. Again, he was terrified and thought maybe he was going to go off the bridge, or maybe he was supposed to jump off the bridge. He proceeded across the bridge safely though.

I don't know if this counts, but ever since our youngest child was born, whenever he's outside (and warmer months obviously) there is a white butterfly in his location.

It doesn't matter if it's Illinois, Oregon, Utah, Germany, France, California, Wyoming, North Dakota, Connecticut.

Whenever he's outside, we'll ALWAYS see a white butterfly in his locale.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Visited, no. Interested? Yes. 

I have a strange religious view that much of what we've heard or been taught may be true. And I'd like to sucker punch god in his face one of these days. 

But that's another story. I truly do believe his Angels watch over us, and I do believe some of the fallen ones (including their leader...) had the best interests of mankind in their mind. 

Closest I ever came was cliff diving and "not making it". I was heading towards death and in a split second I felt something say "sleep" and I blacked out. I awoke to find myself concussed (but rescued) after jumping Lost Boyz, a fitting name for what I just jumped. But to this day, I swear I didnt feel pain from the tumble I took. I was put to sleep before hitting everything on the way down and I remember that clearly.
Nope, never have.
Sorry.
But would like to know they are out there. The Fallen Ones of our Creator, who ever that was.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-03-2020, 02:16 AM)beez Wrote: I don't know if this counts, but ever since our youngest child was born, whenever he's outside (and warmer months obviously) there is a white butterfly in his location.

It doesn't matter if it's Illinois, Oregon, Utah, Germany, France, California, Wyoming, North Dakota, Connecticut.

Butterflies seem to be the most used symbol used by our loved ones after passing.

My friend's mother passed away about 8 years ago. She loved butterflies. Her daughter had told her when she passed to send a butterfly to let her know she was okay.
It was just a couple of days after she passed that my friend was sitting on her front porch when a beautiful butterfly came and landed on the arm of her chair.
My friend was flabbergasted. She told the butterfly to stay put while she ran for her camera. It stayed right there until she returned and snapped a picture of it, then it floated away.

My friend said it gave her such a feeling of peace, she couldn't describe it.
I told her that her mom was keeping her promise.

ETA: The next year my friend was still having a very hard time after losing her mother, so some friends of mine helped me write a poem for her birthday from her mother.
I printed it out and attached this butterfly on the front.
The odd thing... I had already chosen this butterfly for the poem, and later after that she showed me the picture of the butterfly from her porch and it looked just like it!  WOW!

[Image: ii51bd8c86.png]

I come to you in your times of need,

Softly like a butterfly's breeze.
I give you signs so you can see,
I am always with you, when you need.

When a butterfly you happen to see,
Stop for a moment and remember me.
My love will descend as butterfly wings,
I will help you remember all good things.

I am the butterfly that keeps your heart warm.
I am always with you in every storm.
My memory lives on, I will always be,
I send you butterflies so you can see.

Think of me, and I will flutter by,
On the wings of a beautiful butterfly.
So remember and never forget,
When I come to you, my sign is set.

Happy Birthday from beyond the sky,
I will always be your butterfly
(07-03-2020, 02:23 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Visited, no. Interested? Yes. 

I have a strange religious view that much of what we've heard or been taught may be true. And I'd like to sucker punch god in his face one of these days. 

But that's another story. I truly do believe his Angels watch over us, and I do believe some of the fallen ones (including their leader...) had the best interests of mankind in their mind. 

Closest I ever came was cliff diving and "not making it". I was heading towards death and in a split second I felt something say "sleep" and I blacked out. I awoke to find myself concussed (but rescued) after jumping Lost Boyz, a fitting name for what I just jumped. But to this day, I swear I didnt feel pain from the tumble I took. I was put to sleep before hitting everything on the way down and I remember that clearly.

We all have guardian angels, I believe, and it sounds like yours was put to good use. 

Awesome story!   smallgreenklatsch
(07-03-2020, 02:27 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 02:16 AM)beez Wrote: I don't know if this counts, but ever since our youngest child was born, whenever he's outside (and warmer months obviously) there is a white butterfly in his location.

Butterflies seem to be the most used symbol used by our loved ones after passing.

My friend's mother passed away about 8 years ago. She loved butterflies. Her daughter had told her when she passed to send a butterfly to let her know she was okay.
It was just a couple of days after she passed that my friend was sitting on her front porch when a beautiful butterfly came and landed on the arm of her chair.
My friend was flabbergasted. She told the butterfly to stay put while she ran for her camera. It stayed right there until she returned and snapped a picture of it, then it floated away.

ETA: The next year my friend was still having a very hard time after losing her mother, so some friends of mine helped me write a poem for her birthday from her mother.
The odd thing... I had already chosen this butterfly for the poem, and later after that she showed me the picture of the butterfly from her porch and it looked just like it!  WOW!

That's the type of story that makes me wanna sucker punch a celestial being  tinylaughing  my dad was the same way. My mom (who is divorced from my dad, they split in like '86) was devastated when he passed. As were we all. But my mom and sister have both told stories about his  song coming on the radio when sad, certain birds appearing when he's on their mind, etc. Me? I get nothing. No messages from dad, no subtle signs, nothing. Not complaining, such is life.
(07-03-2020, 02:52 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 02:27 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

That's the type of story that makes me wanna sucker punch a celestial being  tinylaughing  my dad was the same way. My mom (who is divorced from my dad, they split in like '86) was devastated when he passed. As were we all. But my mom and sister have both told stories about his  song coming on the radio when sad, certain birds appearing when he's on their mind, etc. Me? I get nothing. No messages from dad, no subtle signs, nothing. Not complaining, such is life.

Maybe stop looking or wanting it so bad. Your energy could be keeping it away (the sign). Or, may be right in front of you, but you don't see it because you don't expect to see it deep down.

Just sayin'
Another story where I think an angel intervened was when my friend was coming down a hill in her car and her brakes gave out. She was headed straight for a big semi truck that was coming off a very narrow bridge. She had no where to go but hit him head on because the truck took up most of the room on the bridge.
There was no way she had enough space to get on the bridge with the truck.

She said she took her hands off the wheel and put them over her face waiting for the impact. When nothing happened, she took her hands away from her face and she was past the truck in the middle of the bridge.

I think an angel took a hold of the wheel and guided her safely past the truck, and it also kept the car from going over the side of the bridge!
Definitely some type of divine intervention there, and some quantum physics too, I think.   tinysurprised
(07-03-2020, 02:05 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I would like to hear your experience with angels, if you have one. I know there are many who have had these beings intervene in their lives during crisis, help with one's spiritual growth, and many other reasons.

That gave me chills!

My dad was 23 when he lost his 21 year old brother. While at basic training for the Air Force in the early 70's, he was awaken by a jiggle on his toe. He looked towards his feet and there was his brother, told him not to worry about him because everything was ok. The next morning, the guy next to him asked what that bright glow was and dad said "You saw that?" The guy said "Oh hell yeah I saw it! I covered my head and rolled the other way." 

He had taken his GF to prom earlier that May, she was a senior. Afterwards, he, his GF, and two of their friends changed clothes and went out. He fell asleep, ran off the road, and hit a big culvert. It killed everyone except his buddy's GF. 

Fast Forward to 1998 and I'm unknowingly about to do the same thing. It's prom night and I'd taken my GF, buddy, and his GF home so we could all change and then go out. As per usual, mom told me to take out the trash before I leave. The can was at the end if the driveway so I'm heading towards it when I look towards my truck. I saw someone dressed in 60's clothes with their hair slicked back. He looked at me for a split second and ducked down in my truck. I turned around with the hair on my neck standing up and walked back to the house. Left the trash on the front porch. After telling mom I wasnt going anywhere, she filled me in that it was the anniversary of my Uncle's death.
The Goonies R good enough
I have not ever seen one, but I think one did visit me when I was sick. I told my story here not long ago here on RN.

I have several other encounters, another one I posted here also, when I was in the hospital after complications related to a surgery. On each of my encounters I did not see them. I heard them and I felt them, just never saw them as far as I know.

http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=5534
I've had a few "interventions" over the years, like if someone was watching out for me.

One time,  I was driving the Blazer following Jim, going across this long, narrow bridge that had no emergency lane. I had thought I heard a grinding sound and I was like oh shit, not now.

At that same moment, I felt an odd peace come over me and I thought of my Mom at that instant for no reason.
Hard to explain.

Anyhow, we made it off the bridge and to a town when the barrings on the wheel went out, making one hell of a ruckus.
I flashed Jim for him to pullover.

And where did we just happen to pull over???

Across the street from a mechanic we knew.

What are the odds of that?
It still gives me goose bumps thinking about it, the feeling that Mom might have been watching over me (or something) to make sure I made it to safety.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(07-03-2020, 03:30 AM)LSU2018 Wrote: That gave me chills!

My dad was 23 when he lost his 21 year old brother. While at basic training for the Air Force in the early 70's, he was awaken by a jiggle on his toe. He looked towards his feet and there was his brother, told him not to worry about him because everything was ok. The next morning, the guy next to him asked what that bright glow was and dad said "You saw that?" The guy said "Oh hell yeah I saw it! I covered my head and rolled the other way." 

He had taken his GF to prom earlier that May, she was a senior. Afterwards, he, his GF, and two of their friends changed clothes and went out. He fell asleep, ran off the road, and hit a big culvert. It killed everyone except his buddy's GF. 

Fast Forward to 1998 and I'm unknowingly about to do the same thing. It's prom night and I'd taken my GF, buddy, and his GF home so we could all change and then go out. As per usual, mom told me to take out the trash before I leave. The can was at the end if the driveway so I'm heading towards it when I look towards my truck. I saw someone dressed in 60's clothes with their hair slicked back. He looked at me for a split second and ducked down in my truck. I turned around with the hair on my neck standing up and walked back to the house. Left the trash on the front porch. After telling mom I wasnt going anywhere, she filled me in that it was the anniversary of my Uncle's death.

Wow!   :mediumomg:
One morning as I was coming home from work on third shift, a truck pulled out in front of me onto the two-lane road I was traveling. I was pretty close to him when he pulled out. I remember being upset with him for taking a chance of me hitting him, and causing an accident. Anyway, I lagged behind a bit because there was a big semi in front of him. I don't like to travel too close to those guys on a narrow road.

Just about a mile on up the road a jeep came around a curve from the opposite direction, and he had to swerve to miss the semi because it was across the center line on the jeeps side of the road. The jeep somehow went airborne, hit the front of the truck in front of me, and landed on it's top! No one was hurt, thank God. Amazing!

The thing about this is, the truck was higher off the ground than my car, so the jeep hit him, only causing damage to the front of his truck. If the truck hadn't pulled in front of me, I would have been in the spot where the truck was, and the jeep would have came across my hood and right through my windshield because my car was lower to the ground. I'm sure I would have been killed!

I still get tingles thinking about how my angels spared me that day. No doubt about it! And they also spared the life of everyone else involved. The guy in the jeep should have been killed, judging from the looks of it, but he was out walking around.
So it seems several people here have had some kind of encounter with something helping them from beyond.

Great stories everybody!  Thanks for sharing.   smallawesome
Also, as I've talked about before, I see the numbers 11:11 or 1:11 numerous times --and I mean numerous times through out the day, for weeks -- when something is about to happen.

Now I have researched seeing these numbers, and basically they mean a change is coming.
For most people, it is a change for the better.

Well, not for me.

It is more of an omen of something bad fixing to happen.

Which I have now accepted and oddly enough, thank the Spiritual guardian angel or whatever Entity is giving me a heads up on.

I even say out loud when I see those numbers pop up numerous times in one day (over a period of a month or so) --- Okay, NOW WHAT?
Huh, what now????? smallnotamused

Like I am expecting an answer. LMAO

Weird, I know.

Guardian Angel at play?
Dunno.

But at least I am aware and try to prepare myself for whatever shit is about to happen.

So yeah, possibly so.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(07-03-2020, 03:21 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Another story where I think an angel intervened was when my friend was coming down a hill in her car and her brakes gave out. She was headed straight for a big semi truck that was coming off a very narrow bridge. She had no where to go but hit him head on because the truck took up most of the room on the bridge.
There was no way she had enough space to get on the bridge with the truck.

She said she took her hands off the wheel and put them over her face waiting for the impact. When nothing happened, she took her hands away from her face and she was past the truck in the middle of the bridge.

I think an angel took a hold of the wheel and guided her safely past the truck, and it also kept the car from going over the side of the bridge!
Definitely some type of divine intervention there, and some quantum physics too, I think.   tinysurprised

My spiritual beliefs include higher beings but I would be considered a pagan at the very least. My wife, however, has come out of a long battle with cancer and death and is now what I would consider a Warrior for Christ. Armor and all.

She doesn't push it, doesn't talk about it much... but she speaks to God sometimes and is just as spiritual as I am, if not more.

She was driving last winter over a mountain pass on a narrow crappy road just trying to get home from where she was... a storm was coming in and it was dusk.

A truck was coming from the other way, its headlights veering left and right... it was going downhill too quickly and couldn't stop.

My wife was in her little SUV and there was literally nowhere to pull off the road... cliff going down on one side, cliff going up on the other side.

The truck went sideways, the trailer behind it jack-knifing. She pulled over to the right and braced for the impact.

She said the headlights came right into the front of the hood and then it was gone.

She didn't understand... thought she was dead or something because the impact should have happened.

She looked in her rear view mirror... the truck had crashed into the rock cliff to her right and was still veering down the road jack-knifed. A police car came down the hill then and passed her... she just drove home.

She didn't see an angel, but swore there was someone in her passenger seat for a bit while she drove home.

She said he smelled like lavender.

minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

I believe what we know as Angels are part of this worlds life. They have been around for a very long time, sometimes they interact with humans but most of the time dont. Now when the "Church" got started it wanted power over the people so told everyone that Angels belonged to there "God", becouse only God would have such powerful things as Angels.
I have never seen one but I know people who have, and they have no reason to lie.
When I was in my early teens I went swimming in the river with a bunch of friends. We all started out at an area above where we were parked, and swam down to the parking area.

Everyone had already made it to the small sandy area where we were going, but the current got me and pulled me out, and under the water. I remember thinking, 'this is how I'm going to die'. I was fighting from panic, and I hollered out, "HELP!!", when I came to the surface, and then got pulled back under again.

While I was under the water I heard a voice in my head that said, "It isn't your time yet. Stop fighting the water, and just relax. You'll be okay." So I stopped fighting, and I floated to the surface.
When I opened my eyes one of my friends had swam out to get me. He reached for my arm and pulled me out of the current, and we made it to the river's edge.
The rest of my friends watched in stunned awe! They said I scared the s*** out of them! I was shaking myself! tinysurprised 

The guy that came after me said when I got pulled back under the second time I just missed hitting my head on a big boulder! If I had, I would have been knocked out and drowned.

My angel had come to my rescue... again.   minusculebiggrin
Every day I am visited by an angel.

Mrs R... tinybiggrin
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!