Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Been an interesting day
Today is my 28th wedding anniversary. My hubby is permanently in a nursing home, after having a stroke (his second) in February of this year. His mind is still pretty sharp, but body wise he is weak, in a wheelchair, and needs help with everything. I had a window visit with him earlier, and he looked really good. I got him a card, and talked to him about our wedding day, which he remembered everything about. I love him so much. I miss him so much. At 56, this means I’ve spent half my life with him. Actually more than that, as when I met him I was 23 and he was 35. I didn’t actually get married until I was 28. 

This morning is why today was so “interesting”. Around 4 AM, I thought I heard a loud shout, and it woke me up. I laid there for awhile to see if I would hear anything else. Occasionally we have the odd drunken people arguing since there are bars close by, but nothing that’s a big deal. I drifted off to sleep again. About 8:30 AM, the local PD came knocking at my door. It was a detective asking if I heard anything at 4:15 AM. I said yeah, a little after 4 AM I heard a shout. He said there was an altercation and they were canvassing the neighborhood. I felt really bad that I went back to sleep after the shout, and stated this. He said no problem. 

I looked out the window of my den, which faces the parking lot and garages of the condos, and the middle section where there is a grassy area, picnic table, and a couple of trees was all roped off with crime scene tape! I realized whatever took place was literally a few feet from my condo. I got on Facebook, and checked out the local PD Facebook page. Apparently, there was some dirtbag trying to break into cars, and another guy spotted him and confronted him. The dirtbag pulled a knife and stabbed the good guy several times before running off. Fortunately the good guy was not killed, but did wind up having surgery. I hope he’s okay. 

I am on a few police scanner pages on Facebook, and I checked out the one for our local area to see what people are saying. Of course, there were the usual posts bitching about how the town I live in is going into the shitter, “low income people and neighborhoods”, etc. I was in a mood at that point and put those people on blast. I do not live in a low income neighborhood, and even if I did, so what? I cannot stand it when people paint everyone with the same broad brush. Crime happens in all kinds of neighborhoods. The neighborhood I live in is an older neighborhood, quiet, lots of retired people and families with parents who work. Every neighborhood has their lowlifes, but many of us in our neighborhood think this person came from a different area. There are people who break into cars to see if they can find anything to sell or cash to support their drug habits. I hope they catch the dirtbag who did this. I will be more vigilant. I am looking to get one of those Ring systems, and eventually a gun. 

I love where I live and will be damned if I’m gonna move just because of a few dirtbags. Fuck that. I’m finally a homeowner after spending most of my life renting. I worked my ass off to find this place, and I love it. Thanks for listening to me whine and bitch.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
First off, happy anniversary!

Second, there are no safe places, so just be careful, aware, and keep your doors locked because nutters are everywhere.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Keep us updated if you hear more about the man that was stabbed, or if they catch the guy who did it.
@"ChiefD" 
Yes, Happy Anniversary and I do wish your husband could come home to you.

I agree, don't move, keep your 12 gauge by the couch and front door and that 9mm or 45 cal next to your pillow.

Our neighborhood started to get overrun by Mexicans 6 years ago.
They live 3 families to a house and drink and party at The Stupidest Times of the week.

They know we are well armed because after we go shooting, my husband cleans all our weapons on a 12 foot table under one of my Mulberry trees and they stay away from our sidewalk and driveway.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@"ChiefD" 

A frustrating way to spend your wedding anniversary.

Best wishes to you and your husband, and for your safety.

We had incidents in my neighborhood.  It boiled down to one family who were apparently a family of criminals or enablers of criminals.

There were two sons who were the troublemakers.  One ended up crossing the wrong gang and got beaten to the point of being disabled.  Later the mother of the family died and I think the other son and his wife moved to a different neighborhood.  Since then, it has been very calm here.  It only takes a small bunch to get up to a rash of crime.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-02-2020, 11:18 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Today is my 28th wedding anniversary.

Happy Anniversary, Chief!!

'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Good news is your husband's mind is still working which to me means he might be able to recover some of his motor functions with Physical
 therapy; yes it is a long shot ... 

I hope your world brings you happiness free from the many problems some people face in this life. I am much older than my wife so I hope I am in the middle of my back swing (golf) and just vapor lock.. I really do not want to be a burden on anyone.

Around here they burn the body after a set time of monks and friends knowing you are dead. My body will be back soaring and flying with the clouds, or something like that ? The next thing you smell might be me !!  minusculebeercheers
@"727Sky" , how long do they wait before cremation ?

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-03-2020, 11:45 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"727Sky" , how long do they wait before cremation ?

Cheers

Wife is in Laos and will return tomorrow Oops she just returned !! Ta Da... So a poor person may get burned in a day or two normally for a middle class person with family it is 3 or 4 days (they usually have a remembrance thing at the dead person's home with family.... For the rich and famous it can be up to 9 days.. because of all the people who want to attend the remembrance thing.. Kinda like a wake only with food ...
@"727Sky" 

Quote:The next thing you smell might be me !! 

Are you still using Hai Karate aftershave?

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Big Grin 
So the good guy who confronted the guy breaking into cars was bandaged up and discharged from the hospital. He may not have had to have surgery, but he had a few bandaged areas. 

So I was talking to one of my neighbors in the condo upstairs from me. She gave me some scuttlebut on this. Apparently, the good guy doesn’t live around here, but may have been visiting another condo resident or staying temporarily. His vehicle had an out of state license plate. Shortly after being discharged from the hospital, he left and as far as we know hasn’t come back. It does seem kind of curious. It may be some of mild paranoia on my part. My neighbor and I were talking about being more vigilant about what we see. 

The fact that many of my condo neighbors are older retired ladies like me, you know the nosy old ones who have nothing better to do than to watch every little thing going on in the neighborhood, [img=16x16]blob:http://rogue-nation3.com/647172cc-7a51-42c7-97e9-0165d7e53f1e[/img] will definitely be more vigilant. I’m taking ownership not just of my home, but my neighborhood. Damn dirtbags.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
Happy Anniversary.
You're both fortunate to have such a long and strong marriage.
He must be a very fine man.

ALSO...It's a good idea to get yourself a gun.
Do this as soon as you are able.

The Ring doorbell thing is fine, too...but absolutely useless to you if someone breaks in and the police in your area are eventually defunded or dismantled.

[Image: giphy.gif]

The misses and I rent this little apartment in a very nice complex. Usually, pretty quiet around here. But just down the hill from us is a different word. lots of crime going on. We are fully prepared and also members of some facebook scanner sites and such. 

Stay safe out there ! It seems to be a free for all these days. 

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere