Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digital impressionism
So some people are genuinely talented artists, like @"BIAD" . . . others are like me, performing the digital equivalent of throwing paint at walls and seeing what sticks.

One thing I like messing with from time to time are the effects filters in paint programs.  I'm fond of the "impressionist" filter, as it has potential to produce images that could be used as unique digital postcards and the like.

This is a photo of Mont Saint Michel with the impressionist filter applied at a strength of "8".  Nice to look at.  Or is it?

[Image: MSM-Imp.jpg]

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Art is art F2d, express yourself however you feel, not everything needs to be a masterpiece!

It's a lovely piece, and i've always been fond of that place.

Keep playing around minusculebeercheers
(07-02-2020, 06:16 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: Art is art F2d, express yourself however you feel, not everything needs to be a masterpiece!

It's a lovely piece, and i've always been fond of that place.

Keep playing around minusculebeercheers

Thanks!

MSM is quite special if one can be there at a time when it is not overflowing with visitors.

Cheers

(07-02-2020, 03:28 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: So some people are genuinely talented artists, like @"BIAD" . . . others are like me, performing the digital equivalent of throwing paint at walls and seeing what sticks.

One thing I like messing with from time to time are the effects filters in paint programs.  I'm fond of the "impressionist" filter, as it has potential to produce images that could be used as unique digital postcards and the like.

This is a photo of Mont Saint Michel with the impressionist filter applied at a strength of "8".  Nice to look at.  Or is it?

[Image: MSM-Imp.jpg]

Cheers

Art is subjective. Use whatever medium appeals to you, just keep making art that is pleasing to you for your own reasons.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
How right you are, @"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

Cheers!