Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Conversation With My Mom
My son's virtual graduation is tomorrow online at 6 pm. I let my mom know a few days ago and sent a link via facebook messenger. 

A few years ago, my sister got here a tablet and cell internet access so she could communicate with the family and keep up to date with everyone. 

I send the link again today and messaged her to make sure she got it. She responded that she would have to go to a truck stop to get free wi-fi to view it. I'm like, you are on facebook at all hours of the night, meaning she has internet at home. Mind you , my dad has never had or paid for cable, gets everything over the air for free and definitely no internet nor a computer. 

So, I tried to explain to my mom she has access to the internet. 

[Image: mom1.png]

[Image: mom2.png]

[Image: mom3.png]

[Image: mom4.png]

tumblr pictures black

LMAO !
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-02-2020, 02:55 AM)kdog Wrote: My son's virtual graduation is tomorrow online at 6 pm. I let my mom know a few days ago and sent a link via facebook messenger. 

A few years ago, my sister got here a tablet and cell internet access so she could communicate with the family and keep up to date with everyone. 

I send the link again today and messaged her to make sure she got it. She responded that she would have to go to a truck stop to get free wi-fi to view it. I'm like, you are on facebook at all hours of the night, meaning she has internet at home. Mind you , my dad has never had or paid for cable, gets everything over the air for free and definitely no internet nor a computer. 

tumblr pictures black

LMAO !

me or one of my brothers have to do anything that has to be done on the internet for my mom. she has a flip phone and that's it.
she not interested in the internet one bit. although she has said she wished she didn't have call us to help her with it.
smallrofl

Oh damn that was funny Kdog.

I miss my Mam so damn much! she would do things like this and have me in stitches all the time.
(07-02-2020, 03:00 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 02:55 AM)kdog Wrote: My son's virtual graduation is tomorrow online at 6 pm. I let my mom know a few days ago and sent a link via facebook messenger. 

tumblr pictures black

LMAO !

me or one of my brothers have to do anything that has to be done on the internet for my mom. she has a flip phone and that's it.
she not interested in the internet one bit. although she has said she wished she didn't have call us to help her with it.

Same with my mom. My sister takes care of all that. Kind of wish I lived closer to be of more help. Both parents are in their 70's and won't be around forever. This is some fun memories to have of her.
(07-02-2020, 03:02 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: smallrofl

Oh damn that was funny Kdog.

I miss my Mam so damn much! she would do things like this and have me in stitches all the time.

I'm lucky to still have  her around. 

But I was in tears ! Still waiting to hear back from my sister.
Oh, that is hilarious! 

My Dad finally broke down and bought a Chromebook. He had an old desktop that he hadn’t used in years. So I was on the phone with him trying to explain about the Chrome browser. So he said he couldn’t get it to load. After awhile of going back and forth, I asked him if he could see the app. He said yeah. I told him to click it and he was like “Oh!” He bought the damn thing off the Home Shopping Network of all places. I am very grateful my a Mom and Dad are still around. They are both 76.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-02-2020, 02:55 AM)kdog Wrote: My son's virtual graduation is tomorrow online at 6 pm.

Big ... fat ... con ... grat!!

Be proud!!
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(07-02-2020, 03:00 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: she not interested in the internet one bit.

Your mom might be smarter than everyone on the Internet ... combined.

You give her a hug one day soon ... and you tell her that's from me!!  I ain't got a mom on this rock anymore.  You'll have to share what you've got a bit, Brother.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(07-02-2020, 05:07 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 03:00 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: she not interested in the internet one bit.

Your mom might be smarter than everyone on the Internet ... combined.

You give her a hug one day soon ... and you tell her that's from me!!  I ain't got a mom on this rock anymore.  You'll have to share what you've got a bit, Brother.

i will do that when i see her tomorrow, have to take her to the eye doctor to see if her eye is healing right and get her glasses so she can drive after cataract
surgery.

i'm fairly sure she'd adopt you, she's that way.
(07-02-2020, 03:11 AM)kdog Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 03:00 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

tumblr pictures black

LMAO !

Same with my mom. My sister takes care of all that. Kind of wish I lived closer to be of more help. Both parents are in their 70's and won't be around forever. This is some fun memories to have of her.

me and one of my brothers live within 1/2 mile of her on the land that she and my dad bought and divided between us. i see her just about everyday.the  kids use run down to their house all the time but now there grown and gone. dad pasted away almost 4 years now so we try to keep a eye on her. she's apt to try and do something she shouldn't be. like out trying to cut grass on a 1 acre yard with a push mower because she doesn't know how to use the rider.she's turns 76 in Oct.