Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could your December cough actually have been COVID-19?
www.usatoday.com... 

I copied a link from USA Today with an article on speculation that some people who had a cough in December 2019 actually may have had COVID-19. I found this kind of interesting. I know both I and my husband had bad coughs, a temperature, and sore throats. We figured we had colds, bought some cold medicine, and waited it out. It took 2-3 weeks to go away, and the cough was pretty bad. I’m skeptical though too, because I really don’t think there were any COVID-19 cases in the United States until January. So I don’t know. The article is pretty interesting though.  

What do you all think of this?  
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-01-2020, 01:25 AM)ChiefD Wrote: [url=https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/26/coronavirus-fact-check-could-your-december-cough-have-been-covid-19/2899027001/][/url]

I have a couple of friends that have said from the beginning, they are almost positive they had the COVID, long before they started talking about it here in the US. They said they had the worse flu they ever remember having, and what stood out was the pressure in the chest, and their problems with breathing.

I believe them. I also believe there are likely a large number of folk that have been exposed, have had no symptoms, and have a natural immunity to it.

It reminds me of a weird respiratory infection I had back in 2014 that I contracted from a child on a ventilator. I was sick for over a month and lost my voice (completely) for weeks. They did cultures and they came back, unknown and unidentifiable. So to this day I have no idea what virus I had. Whatever it was it was pretty potent, because I have not been sick since.

I am not telling anyone not to be cautious. I just believe that either they don't know what they are dealing with, or they are being deceptive with the information they are sharing with us.
(07-01-2020, 01:25 AM)ChiefD Wrote: www.usatoday.com... 

I copied a link from USA Today with an article on speculation that some people who had a cough in December 2019 actually may have had COVID-19. I found this kind of interesting. I know both I and my husband had bad coughs, a temperature, and sore throats. We figured we had colds, bought some cold medicine, and waited it out. It took 2-3 weeks to go away, and the cough was pretty bad. I’m skeptical though too, because I really don’t think there were any COVID-19 cases in the United States until January. So I don’t know. The article is pretty interesting though.  

Pretty sure my hubby and I had this around the beginning of January.  Can't say it was Covid-19, and I'm not going to take the test and be marked (targeted) to find out.
I beat it by taking vitamin C, vitamin D, colloidal silver, and C-60.
I agree. Antibody tests came back negative for some, but a handful of friends and coworkers had the same thing in mid-December into the New Year. Not sure if the antibody test is accurate, but wouldn't surprise me at all.
I have heard this so many times, starting from September. 

"Pretty sure me and such and such had it back then" With diagnosis from doctors being " some kind of respiratory virus, we just don't know what".

My wife and I had something stretching from October through November. I was sicker than I can remember, and I don't get sick very often. My wife was too, and the doctors didn't know what it was other than a new virus going around and everyone had it. 

So, yeah, I believe it has been around longer than we thought.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-01-2020, 02:05 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I agree. Antibody tests came back negative for some, but a handful of friends and coworkers had the same thing in mid-December into the New Year. Not sure if the antibody test is accurate, but wouldn't surprise me at all.

I have no trust in anything they are throwing at us.

For me, their credibility is shot.
(07-01-2020, 01:58 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Pretty sure my hubby and I had this around the beginning of January.  Can't say it was Covid-19, and I'm not going to take the test and be marked (targeted) to find out.
I beat it by taking vitamin C, vitamin D, colloidal silver, and C-60.

Same here.

No test.

No vaccines.

No contact tracing.

There are speculations out there that China had the outbreak starting in early August, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit. It's all kept under lock and key.

I had all the symptoms in early February, worst cough ever, in bed for 3 - 4 days, taste and smell gone, sore throat, headaches, felt like I had been ran over by a bulldozer. The only thing I didn't check for was a fever but I am sure I had one.

Toughed it out but I still have a bit of a cough after all of this time. COPD not helping.

I do have friends and family that have had it, or so they think, before December.

They are clearly not telling us everything about this virus. And I still wouldn't trust them if they did. Not. One. Bit.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Yep.  Start out with shaky data, mix in different systems for each country as to how people are diagnosed, tested, treated, and cause of death declared, then get people with zero real qualifications involved (Gates) . . . and it becomes the perfect storm to provoke widespread skepticism.

It is out there.

But I assert it will years before enough solid data is accumulated to confidently say how infectious it is and how lethal it is.  All we know now is that it appears to be highly infectious and that it is a threat to those vulnerable because of age, existing conditions, etc.

Some of the indications are troubling -- a blood group being apparently quite vulnerable to it, the blood-brain barrier being breached in some cases.

There is a lot medically to pin down yet, and all of the political games going on aren't helping.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

It was probably SARS-COV-2.   It was found in Barcelona wastewater in March 2019.  

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/ase...tep-closer

My husband and I had a respiratory illness with diarrhea in February that the doc said was not influenza but didn't know what it was.   I think it's possible it was out even at that point.

BTW, who says you weren't popular on ATS?   We can all have fans who just don't speak up much.   minusculebeercheers