Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Australia: Defense spending to increase
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea...d1fdca442a?

Quote:Prime Minister Scott Morrison will warn Australians to prepare for a more “dangerous and disorderly” post-COVID world as he announces a $270 billion cash splash today on long-range maritime missiles and land strike capabilities as tensions with China intensify.

The Prime Minister will issue a blunt warning that tensions are rising across the region, citing recent border clashes between India and China and tensions in the South China Sea.

Article details the proposed funding.  I would be interested in hearing Aussie views on this.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-30-2020, 06:12 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea...d1fdca442a?

Quote:Prime Minister Scott Morrison will warn Australians to prepare for a more “dangerous and disorderly” post-COVID world as he announces a $270 billion cash splash today on long-range maritime missiles and land strike capabilities as tensions with China intensify.

The Prime Minister will issue a blunt warning that tensions are rising across the region, citing recent border clashes between India and China and tensions in the South China Sea.

Article details the proposed funding.  I would be interested in hearing Aussie views on this.

Cheers
Well, may I reserve my thoughts on the spending until I've had a sleep.  "Post COVID"  I am not so sure seeing that after lifting restrictions there has been a spike in cases.  Restrictions are being re applied in some of Victoria's parishes.

Anyways I'll get some Zeds and reply more with a better spectrum of mind later.  I have a bit to say about China's foray into the Southern Land.

Kind regards,

Bally :)
BUMP, BUMP!

This increase in Defense Spending,,,,, is it to supply more Ammunition for the Emu War?

Sorry Just Kidding,,,,,  tinybiggrin 
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
My husband was telling me that Australian's he knew in Vietnam had Balls Of Steel! 
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jsd0dzz4cql6qcjel8...=giphy.gif]
(02-09-2021, 09:12 PM)guohua Wrote: My husband was telling me that Australian's he knew in Vietnam had Balls Of Steel! 

That's nice of your hubby to say and for you to post the comment but nowadays 50 percent is made up of personnel in our ADF that have no balls at all. 

Kind regards,

Bally
(02-09-2021, 09:12 PM)guohua Wrote: My husband was telling me that Australian's he knew in Vietnam had Balls Of Steel! 

Considering the Emu Wars video you posted, and taking into account that the military killed about 250 emus, and when the veteran farmers were authorized to handle it themselves and proceeded to kill 300,000 emus, the only conclusion I can reach is that Aussies become exponentially more dangerous men AFTER they leave the service than while they are in!

If they have steel balls while in, there is no doubt that those develop into tungsten balls once they are out!

I do know that a guy I worked with, Sgt. Quick, who hailed from Albany in the southwest corner of Australia was a mean one - I think it was the calm. His calmness may have made him seem a lot meaner than he may have actually been...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-10-2021, 11:10 AM)Bally002 Wrote:

That's nice of your hubby to say and for you to post the comment but nowadays 50 percent is made up of personnel in our ADF that have no balls at all. 

Kind regards,

Bally

Everywhere,,,,, [Image: 200.gif] 
Kids today should ask,,,,"What did YOU do in the War Grandma?"[img]http://cds.library.brown.edu/projects/WWII_Women/Everybody'sWar.gif[/img]