Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help Aussies: " Brereton saga " ?
" Brereton saga " -- something involving the Australian Special Air Service.

Can the Aussies here expand on what the story here is?

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(05-13-2021, 03:41 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: " Brereton saga " -- something involving the Australian Special Air Service.

Can the Aussies here expand on what the story here is?

Cheers

not a Aussies, but maybe this will help. from what i'm seeing it was a for lack of a better term blood in like a gang initiation.

here a video and a link,

Quote:Nine Australian Defence Force members killed themselves in just three weeks in the leadup to the Brereton report being released, when alleged war crimes were widely covered in the media.

Quote:The 465-page Brereton report detailed a ‘shameful record’ of unlawful killings, including cases where new patrol members were told to shoot a prisoner to achieve their first kill in an ‘appalling practice’ known as ‘blooding’.

The Queen Is Embroiled In The SAS Medals Saga

i don't agree with killing of prisoners before they could be tried and found guilty of a war crime. should have killed them while the fight was still on going. as i always say, the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist. or you can replace terrorist with the word taliban, or jihadist, which ever you prefer.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Thanks @"hounddoghowlie" 

Yep, huge difference between killing in hot blood on a battlefield and in cold blood thereafter.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]