Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Environmentalist's Apology Over Three-Decade Climate Scare
Link

Not sure what to make of this article.  Just looks like some attempt to fabricate more frustration and confusion ... get attention.

Everything about this guy just screams, "Look!!  Look at me!!"

[Image: shellen.jpg]

The author of the story casts aspersion on Forbes with a click-bait title.

Quote:On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem.

The evidence is overwhelming that our high-energy civilization is better for people and nature than the low-energy civilization that climate alarmists would return us to

“We environmentalists condemn those with antithetical views of being ignorant of science and susceptible to confirmation bias,” wrote the former head of The Nature Conservancy, Steve McCormick.
A new tactic?  All my trash goes into the same garbage bag.  Still.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Is there any news on the climate accepting the human's apology?!

Jees, this seems to be a race to see who can be the weakest!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-30-2020, 12:43 PM)BIAD Wrote: Jees, this seems to be a race to see who can be the weakest!

[Image: hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif]
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
Same thing I have been saying since the former next President of the United States turned inconvenient.

Climate change is happening, has been happening since pre-history and beyond, and will continue to happen until the sun gets all frisky and engulfs the planet. We call it "weather." "Global Warming" is a con job built on a shaky pseudo-scientific basis and hyped by a complicit media for political gains using time-tested mass-marketing techniques. Climate Change is natural and normal; Global Warming is the stuff of dreams and unicorns trotting across rainbows.

The real ecological problems we face are deforestation, pollution, and a lack of understanding of how our everyday actions contribute to the ecology.

Now maybe we can get back to trying to fix the actual problems? I'm tired of checking tire pressures while the engine is burning. I mean, really, it's funny when some Global Warming summit meeting gets snowed under due to the massive cold snap no one there saw coming, but it gets old after so many times...

TheRedneck
(06-30-2020, 12:29 PM)Snarl Wrote: Link

Not sure what to make of this article.  Just looks like some attempt to fabricate more frustration and confusion ... get attention.

Quote:On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem.

The evidence is overwhelming that our high-energy civilization is better for people and nature than the low-energy civilization that climate alarmists would return us to

“We environmentalists condemn those with antithetical views of being ignorant of science and susceptible to confirmation bias,” wrote the former head of The Nature Conservancy, Steve McCormick.

He's just trying to sell a book that comes out today. Probably has buddies at Forbes and set this whole thing up to get publicity. 

Just my 2 cents
(06-30-2020, 12:29 PM)Snarl Wrote: Link

Does that mean we get all of those damn carbon taxes we paid for nothing back?

Didn't think so either.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
F*ck it... I'm ringing Greta.
tinyok
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-30-2020, 03:16 PM)BIAD Wrote: F*ck it... I'm ringing Greta.
tinyok

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]