Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020 Year of the Boomerang
Quote:[/url][Image: Gpnx2Os2_bigger.jpg]

Chuck Schumer@SenSchumer

I'm calling for an immediate briefing from the Directors of National Intelligence and the CIA for all 100 Senators on reports that Russia placed bounties on US Troops in Afghanistan. We also need to know whether or not President Trump was told this information, and if so, when.
11:47 AM · Jun 29, 2020·

Wait!  What's this? Why, it looks like an article from 2010. Who was POTUS in 2010?
Didn't Obummer send them a bunch of cash on pallets?  Hmm...   minusculethinking

(Strangely, it's not allowing me to copy the link to the article, so I copy/pasted the entire thing below. It comes from the Afghanistan on NBC News.com)

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 9/5/2010 9:56:51 AM ET

BOOMERANG!

OOPS!   tinybighuh

Quote:Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan, according to a report in a British newspaper.

[url=http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/]The Sunday Times described how a man it said was a "Taliban treasurer" had gone to collect $18,000 from an Iranian firm in Kabul, a reward it said was for an attack in July which killed several Afghan government troops and destroyed an American armored vehicle.

The treasurer left with the cash hidden in a sack of flour, the newspaper said, and then gave it to Taliban fighters in the province of Wardak. In the past six months, the treasurer claimed to have collected more than $77,000 from the company.
The Sunday Times said its investigation had found that at least five Kabul-based Iranian companies were secretly passing funds to the Taliban.

The newspaper's correspondent, Miles Amoore, said he met and interviewed the treasurer, who he said had been an illiterate farmer who was taught to read and write, plus basic accountancy, by the Taliban last winter.

1. Related content
    1. NATO general: Taliban are training in Iran
    2. 8 dead as Taliban targets U.S. Consulate
"We don’t care who we get money from," the treasurer was quoted as saying. He described the relationship with Iran as a "marriage of convenience." Iran is a predominantly Shiite country, while the Taliban is dominated by Sunni Muslims.
'For jihad'

"Iran will never stop funding us because Americans are dangerous for them as well. I think the hatred is the same from both us and Iran. The money we get is not dirty. It is for jihad," the treasurer told Amoore.
Advertise

In addition to the $1,000 bounty on U.S. troops, the unnamed man said Iran paid $6,000 for the destruction of a U.S. military vehicle.

"I have to sign off on all the receipts and I have to add up how much each fighter deserves after each operation. I also have to communicate in the Iranian language," the treasurer told the newspaper.

The report came as the Taliban threatened Sunday to derail elections this month and warned Afghans to boycott the vote in their first explicit threat against the poll.

The Sept. 18 parliamentary election is seen as a litmus test of stability in Afghanistan before U.S. President Barack Obama conducts a war strategy review in December that will examine the pace and scale of U.S. troop withdrawals from July 2011.
Despite the presence of almost 150,000 foreign troops, violence is at its worst across Afghanistan since the Taliban were ousted by U.S.-backed Afghan forces in late 2001.

"This (election) is a foreign process for the sake of further occupation of Afghanistan and we are asking the Afghan nation to boycott it," Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said.

"We are against it and will try with the best of our ability to block it. Our first targets will be the foreign forces and next the Afghan ones. So we are asking people to not take part," he told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.
Security is a major concern ahead of the vote, with four candidates killed already in recent weeks, according to the United Nations and government officials.

Another candidate was wounded, and 10 of his campaign workers killed, in an air strike in northern Takhar province on Friday, Afghan President Hamid Karzai has said.

The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) is investigating the incident but maintains it killed a senior member of the al-Qaida-linked Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan in the air strike.
Reuters contributed to this report.
(06-29-2020, 11:25 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

Chuck Schumer@SenSchumer
[url=https://twitter.com/SenSchumer]
I'm calling for an immediate briefing from the Directors of National Intelligence and the CIA for all 100 Senators on reports that Russia placed bounties on US Troops in Afghanistan. We also need to know whether or not President Trump was told this information, and if so, when.

Wait!  What's this? Why, it looks like an article from 2010. Who was POTUS in 2010?
Didn't Obummer send them a bunch of cash on pallets?  Hmm...   minusculethinking

(Strangely, it's not allowing me to copy the link to the article, so I copy/pasted the entire thing below. It comes from the Afghanistan on NBC News.com)

Global politics. Is there a single country with clean hands?

How many countries have government leaders that are committed to the welfare of the country, and are for the people? Politics is about money and power.

The rule of the people died a long time ago. We can't rule as a people if we are a people divided. A people divided are just pawns ruled by those that have positioned themselves into power.

I am old, tired, and ready to concede. It looks like the next generation is going to have a mighty battle to fight if they want to hold on to the country, the land, and the Constitution.
(06-30-2020, 01:12 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 11:25 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

Chuck Schumer@SenSchumer
[url=https://twitter.com/SenSchumer]

Global politics. Is there a single country with clean hands?
How many countries have government leaders that are committed to the welfare of the country and are for the people? Politics is about money and power.
The rule of the people died a long time ago. We can't rule as a people if we are a people divided. A people divided are just pawns ruled by those that have positioned themselves into power.
I am old, tired, and ready to concede. It looks like the next generation is going to have a mighty battle to fight if they want to hold on to the country, the land, and the Constitution.

From the little I've seen about this, Schumer wants to start ANOTHER investigation into Trump to see if he knew about RUSSIA paying to have our U.S. soldiers killed.

Turns out, all that happened in 2010 under Obama, and it was Iran killing them, not Russia.

Schumer is trying to get one over on the public again. Apparently, he thought no one would remember this.

I give credit to the Anons for finding the article. Nothing gets past them. tinylaughing
Go figure Democrats would use an old story and expect people to believe their new version  tinybiggrin
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
Here's the article (tricky to link)

Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban

9/5/2010 9:56:51 AM ET  minusculecheers smallgreenklatsch smallgreensmoker
(06-30-2020, 01:34 AM)xuenchen Wrote: Here's the article (tricky to link)

Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban

9/5/2010 9:56:51 AM ET  minusculecheers smallgreenklatsch smallgreensmoker

Thank you @"xuenchen". I don't know why it wouldn't work for me.   minusculethumbsup
Deep State Schumer wasn't kidding was he !!

What a bonehead  minusculebiggrin

(06-30-2020, 01:46 AM)xuenchen Wrote: Deep State Schumer wasn't kidding was he !!

What a bonehead  minusculebiggrin

That's one man I want to see walk the plank in GITMO.  Him, Comey, Nadler, Pelosi, Waters, Clapper,
Killary and Billy Bob, Obummer, and several others that I can't remember how to spell their names.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...f=1&nofb=1]
(06-30-2020, 01:17 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: From the little I've seen about this, Schumer wants to start ANOTHER investigation into Trump to see if he knew about RUSSIA paying to have our U.S. soldiers killed.

Turns out, all that happened in 2010 under Obama, and it was Iran killing them, not Russia.

Schumer is trying to get one over on the public again. Apparently, he thought no one would remember this.

I give credit to the Anons for finding the article. Nothing gets past them. tinylaughing

These investigations, how do they benefit the people? The constant digging around in the dirt to find ways to discredit Trump is a waste of valuable time and money. Trump is not perfect, no one is. But it is not Trump that is even the real reason for the division inside of our government. It has become a tug of war over two political parties. Two parties that are supposed to work together for the good of the country and the people, that are so involved in themselves and party loyalty, that they have abandoned their loyalty to the country and the people.

We have enough on our plates to deal with. The political battles within our government is causing the people in our country to continue the divide and is weakening our country. I don't know what the answer is to fixing this mess. I keep thinking that if we just clean out the whole government and start will all new representatives, maybe things would get better. It is just wishful thinking, but something definitely has to change,
(06-30-2020, 01:58 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 01:17 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: From the little I've seen about this, Schumer wants to start ANOTHER investigation into Trump to see if he knew about RUSSIA paying to have our U.S. soldiers killed.

These investigations, how do they benefit the people? The constant digging around in the dirt to find ways to discredit Trump is a waste of valuable time and money. Trump is not perfect, no one is. But it is not Trump that is even the real reason for the division inside of our government. It has become a tug of war over two political parties. Two parties that are supposed to work together for the good of the country and the people, that are so involved in themselves and party loyalty, that they have abandoned their loyalty to the country and the people.

We have enough on our plates to deal with. The political battles within our government is causing the people in our country to continue the divide and is weakening our country. I don't know what the answer is to fixing this mess. I keep thinking that if we just clean out the whole government and start will all new representatives, maybe things would get better. It is just wishful thinking, but something definitely has to change,

If you have ever listened to Pres. Trump speak at rallies, press briefings, etc., you would know he IS working for the good of the country, at least the kind of country I want to live in.

He wants to give power back to the people and take away a lot of control that government has forced upon the people.

The Left hates him because he is destroying their plans to be a one world government, with China (probably) at the helm. They are pulling out all the punches to get rid of him.

They do hit piece after hit piece, telling lies upon lies, hoping the American people will buy it.

I think people have had enough; they are beginning to see through it, and at this point, all they're doing is pushing more democrats over to Trump's side.
(06-30-2020, 01:58 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: These investigations, how do they benefit the people? The constant digging around in the dirt to find ways to discredit Trump is a waste of valuable time and money. Trump is not perfect, no one is. But it is not Trump that is even the real reason for the division inside of our government. It has become a tug of war over two political parties. Two parties that are supposed to work together for the good of the country and the people, that are so involved in themselves and party loyalty, that they have abandoned their loyalty to the country and the people.
It is not about the people. Trump is a real threat to the Marxist agenda hiding out within the Democratic Left.  Marxists flippantly explain their motive as "The end justifies the means"  humans have been murdered, enslaved and left hopeless. That is their UTOPIA; (kill innovation, crush the human spirit) that is why it always fails as a system of government. What drives this insanity to control and ultimately subject the human race to exist in misery, torture, despair?
Question...is the YT interview with Rachel Maddow supposed to be recent or was it back in 2017?

Because the tweet she showed of Trumps is old, from 2017

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(06-30-2020, 02:34 AM)senona Wrote: Question...is the YT interview with Rachel Maddow supposed to be recent or was it back in 2017?

Because the tweet she showed of Trumps is old, from 2017

@"senona" 
It was from 2017. She said his tweet was just released. It was from 2017, so the video had to be too.
[Image: Ebutq-7U8AU-FHH?format=jpg&name=small]

"Russia, Russia, RUSH-SHA!" - said in the voice of Jan Brady.

I'm still trying to figure out why this is even a story for the Left. It's no secret that when you are in a war zone, folks are going to try to kill you, bounty or none. That's really kinda the idea of throwing a war, you know?

When I was under the gun, folks wanted to kill me - bounty or none. My job was to not allow them to - bounty or none.

So, really, in the grand scheme of war, bounties don't mean shit.

So, I don't understand why the Left is suddenly trying to make a big deal out of a non-story.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:So, I don't understand why the Left is suddenly trying to make a big deal out of a non-story.

@Ninurta, they're stuck.  One playbook.  Scripts are delivered whether they make any sense or not.  The whole thing has a robotic feel to it, the tone deafness is astounding.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-30-2020, 07:24 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
Quote:So, I don't understand why the Left is suddenly trying to make a big deal out of a non-story.

@Ninurta, they're stuck.  One playbook.  Scripts are delivered whether they make any sense or not.  The whole thing has a robotic feel to it, the tone deafness is astounding.

Cheers

It sounds to me like they're saying "ZOMG! Somebody might shoot at the guys we sent to war!" Uh, yeah, DUH! Erm, "war", y'know? Shooting at one another is what guys at war do to pass time between meal breaks... it's to be expected.

It don't take a bounty to get 'em to do that, either, oddly enough!

I think you're right - at this point they seem to be on a pre-programmed auto pilot. The lights may be on, but ain't nobody home...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I didn't know about this when I started this thread. Smells like a setup to me. Q said there would be people close to Trump who would flip on him. Looks like that is about to happen.
I can see Bolton, Mattis, Paul Ryan, and a few others coming out to do a smear on Pres. Trump as the election approaches.
And, keep in mind, this article was written by Fake News, New York Times.

Quote:The investigation into Russia’s suspected operation is said to focus in part on the killings of three Marines in a truck bombing last year, officials said.

[Image: 29dc-intel3-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&...le=upscale]
The site of an attack in April 2019 in which three American service members were killed near Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.Credit...Rahmat Gul/Associated Press

American officials provided a written briefing in late February to President Trump laying out their conclusion that a Russian military intelligence unit offered and paid bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. and coalition troops in Afghanistan, two officials familiar with the matter said.

The investigation into the suspected Russian covert operation to incentivize such killings has focused in part on an April 2019 car bombing that killed three Marines as one such potential attack, according to multiple officials familiar with the matter.

The new information emerged as the White House tried on Monday to play down the intelligence assessment that Russia sought to encourage and reward killings — including reiterating a claim that Mr. Trump was never briefed about the matter and portraying the conclusion as disputed and dubious.

But that stance clashed with the disclosure by two officials that the intelligence was included months ago in Mr. Trump’s President’s Daily Brief document — a compilation of the government’s latest secrets and best insights about foreign policy and national security that is prepared for him to read. One of the officials said the item appeared in Mr. Trump’s brief in late February; the other cited Feb. 27, specifically.

Moreover, a description of the intelligence assessment that the Russian unit had carried out the bounties plot was also seen as serious and solid enough to disseminate more broadly across the intelligence community in a May 4 article in the C.I.A.’s World Intelligence Review, a classified compendium commonly referred to as The Wire, two officials said.
Hit the title to read the full article.

So, of course Killary had to put her two cents in on Twitter:

Quote:[Image: ilSawtpH_bigger.jpg]Hillary Clinton @HillaryClinton
·
4h

Either he knew and chose to do nothing, or he didn't know because he couldn't be bothered to do his job.

One word Killary:  Benghazi.
Smells like another Shity Schiff leak.

Quote:Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

·
3h

The Russia Bounty story is just another made up by Fake News tale that is told only to damage me and the Republican Party. The secret source probably does not even exist, just like the story itself. If the discredited

@nytimes
has a source, reveal it. Just another HOAX!

Source: Twitter