Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mark and Patricia McCloskey
Neither of them knows anything about what they are holding, that much is clear.
If the booger picker is on the trigger, then you should have already made the decision to make as many bodies as possible=ambient temperature as quickly as possible.
Trigger-happy is what is going to touch off CW2, in my opinion.
Which, to be honest, is just fine with me.
Let's get it over with already.
tinycool
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

The business across the road from us has a camera that shows parts of our property. We've had to ask to see it many times in the past when my hubby's tools or gas got stolen outside.
However, it doesn't show the back of our property, so I invested in another camera to set up to see the back of the house and towards his garage.
I can watch it in real time.
I've already warned the thieves that live around us that if I hear a noise out there, I'll blow their head off, no questions asked.
That goes for "peaceful protesters" too.

We have a sign that says, Stay Out! Private Property! 

I think that puts me in the clear if I have to blow someone into next week.   smallmachinegun
(06-29-2020, 03:08 PM)beez Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 11:52 AM)drussell41 Wrote: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/gun-...iral-video

Okay, is this even real?   She's posing like she thinks she a Charlie's Angel, and.....   who brings a small handgun like that to confront a mob?  She needs to rethink this whole situation.

There will be blood spilled before this is all over.

tinybighuh

I don't see how it can't happen....especially when they're trapping mothers in cars with their children, as I just read in one article.   I know my own mom would have killed to protect us....and when a gang tried to carjack her at a stoplight, she drove right through them.    She did it once when she was just tired of kids blocking the road into the jr high.   Some of them are no doubt making a mistake in underestimating the level of crazy and aggression in others out there.
(06-29-2020, 06:17 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 05:16 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 03:08 PM)beez Wrote: There will be blood spilled before this is all over.

We had us a little shooting up in Looterville over the weekend. 

you know what, that post inspired to do a little parody diddy, you know how i am.

done to ARS's Doraville,

looterville
a new autonomous zone tent city
looterville
it's their brand new home

their not friends of mine
they say we ought to move out of the city
that's not fine
but that's  looterville

lootin every night
it's how they  make a living
that ain't right, but it is to folks in looterville
yeah, hey hey

ooh, hot time in dixe,, hey
it's funky, and it aint pretty
down in blue grass kentucky

yeah, hey hey
ooh, hot time in dixie, hey
come on down visit
sure you won't dig it

Wonder what happens in 'Looterville' itself when they've run out of things to loot.  Do they start looting each other?  That would be a sight.  A riot ensues and tents are torched!

"Hey! I just looted and torched my own tent!"

Just a thought.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
(06-29-2020, 07:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote: [Image: 5ef954f727755.image_.jpg?itok=qzx4A0rs]

Yeah, it's either a .32 or a .38, probably a .32, and it'll put the hurt on a protester if she can hit 'em. 

And people wonder why I have 40 round mags for my AR and 32 round mags for my sidearm... When a crowd is rushing you, it's a pain in the ass to have to change magazines.

No expert on firearms here ... but, I'd guess crazy eyes there is carrying a Walther PPK, caliber .380, because rich (and a James Bond fan).

My biggest problem with these yahoos is that neither of them (apparently) is wearing hearing protection.  One of the worst things in the world, is to find yourself in a situation without it.  My muffs are nicely tucked onto my stock.  Since they enhance my hearing ... I really want them to be on.  Best case scenario I'd have my in-the-ear plugs in too and my shooting glasses since they enhance my visual acuity.  These things take seconds to don.  Let me get my gloves on too, dammit.

And, you be careful with them long magazines, big brother.  If you have to get into the prone position, your mag choice may limit your ability to aim.  Another thing about relying on magazine capacity, is that it doesn't promote training for magazine changes.  Highest probable cause of a weapon malfunction is the magazine.  The more you have around you to change out, the lower the likelihood of shooting in single-shot mode.

Let's keep this info between friends.  Don't need to be teaching our potential foes.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
@Snarl    

Looterville ! Love it ! 

Hey , at least the police have started to do something around here, clearing out the park. They arrest 33 people today for blocking the second street bridge earlier. 
But the hotel I am working at on Jefferson and 1st got hit Friday night. They took all the big tv's in the lounge and dining room area. 

I was on a comment section of an article from wdrb and son guy was calling every white person a white supremacist. I reminded him of what rascism means and it works both ways.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-29-2020, 11:11 PM)drussell41 Wrote: I don't see how it can't happen....especially when they're trapping mothers in cars with their children, as I just read in one article.   I know my own mom would have killed to protect us....and when a gang tried to carjack her at a stoplight, she drove right through them.    She did it once when she was just tired of kids blocking the road into the jr high.   Some of them are no doubt making a mistake in underestimating the level of crazy and aggression in others out there.

That's a fact. I had this conversation with some snowflakes on FB a couple of weeks ago. They were aghast that I would just plow right through them. Yeah, well, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. They claimed it would be "murder", and I pointed out that self defense is not "murder". They claimed they were "peacefully" protesting. I pointed out that at the precise point they unlawfully detained me on a public thoroughfare, it ceased being "peaceful".

Then they went back to the "murder" argument. So I informed them that a 1) a jury would determine that, and they would not be there to present their side of the story, and 2) even if I did manage to mishandle my defense so badly that I got life in prison, at my age a "life sentence" was no longer the deterrent it used to be, and again they would not be there to gloat over it.

The upshot is, there are folks out there who will kill you dead for screwing around with them, and there is no power currently on Earth that will bring you back from the dead - once you're dead, you're permanently dead. No do-overs. Life is not a video game, there are no respawns. The simplest solution is not to screw around with folks, and if they couldn't comprehend that, they get what they get.

Their parting shot was a weak "it's still murder..." and mine was "doesn't matter - it won't resurrect you no matter what you call it".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-29-2020, 11:33 PM)Snarl Wrote: No expert on firearms here ... but, I'd guess crazy eyes there is carrying a Walther PPK, caliber .380, because rich (and a James Bond fan).

My biggest problem with these yahoos is that neither of them (apparently) is wearing hearing protection.  One of the worst things in the world, is to find yourself in a situation without it.  My muffs are nicely tucked onto my stock.  Since they enhance my hearing ... I really want them to be on.  Best case scenario I'd have my in-the-ear plugs in too and my shooting glasses since they enhance my visual acuity.  These things take seconds to don.  Let me get my gloves on too, dammit.

And, you be careful with them long magazines, big brother.  If you have to get into the prone position, your mag choice may limit your ability to aim.  Another thing about relying on magazine capacity, is that it doesn't promote training for magazine changes.  Highest probable cause of a weapon malfunction is the magazine.  The more you have around you to change out, the lower the likelihood of shooting in single-shot mode.

Let's keep this info between friends.  Don't need to be teaching our potential foes.

My biggest problem is that big assed concrete or marble railing behind her, and that big old solid finial on it - she should have been behind it, not the bass-ackwards way around. Neither was making very good use of cover or concealment.

I don't generally use sights on handguns.

I had a great uncle (my grandpa's big brother) who ran away when he was 14 or so, and went out to Montana to pursue his fortune. he wound up cowboying it, and made a life there. This was in the first quarter of the 1900's, about a hundred years ago or thereabouts. When I was a kid, I've seen him flip a coin into the air with his right hand, and then draw his pistol and shoot that same coin out of the air. It was quite a sight. I asked him about it, and he passed the secret on.

I used to have to qualify yearly with my sidearm. We shot a modified FBI course, half day, half night. I regularly shot a 94% in the daylight, and a 96% in the dark. Paradoxically, I actually shot better in the dark, by a little bit. I chalk that up to not being distracted by the sights. My Great Uncle's lesson apparently took.

Back when I was training on the M16A1, there was a course of instruction called "Quick-Fire". It was for close up, rapid shooting (not long range of course), and they actually taped the sights to keep you from using them, forcing you to learn alignment awareness. The Russians do, or did, a similar thing, but instead of taping the sights they just rotated their AKs 90 degrees and took the sights out of the picture altogether. I mention this by way of explanation that a long mag in my pistol will be no barrier to going prone - I'll just crank the gun to the side until it fits. If your barrel orientation is right, the bullet will go where you want it to, with or without sights.

I did, however, get a 20 round Magpul mag for my AR to keep it from going all monopod on me in the prone. I detest Magpul magazines, but that was the only brand they had available, so you take what you can get - I just won't use it all that much, and only for emergencies - or for bench shooting at the range. I don't like Magpuls because they have plastic feed lips and a weak base plate that will dump all your carefully stacked ammo to the ground with just the right tap on the base. I personally think it would be pretty annoying for your mag lips to melt off due to a hot action - and AR actions get pretty hot - so I only use Lancer AWM magazines, because they have steel feed lips and so far have fed flawlessly. I also have a couple of Bulgarian AR magazines (MWC company) that have steel feed lips with a plastic coating over them, like a Bulgarian Circle 10 AK mag. I got those because they are 40 round, and I use them as ambush mags to give me 10 more rounds of obnoxiousness to find cover before I have to change magazines.

I might do a thread on magazine selection one day.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-29-2020, 07:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote: [Image: 5ef954f727755.image_.jpg?itok=qzx4A0rs]

Yeah, it's either a .32 or a .38, probably a .32, and it'll put the hurt on a protester if she can hit 'em. Even a .22 will work, 'cause no one WANTS to be shot! - and .22s have been the choice of professional assassins for decades. They're quieter and get the job done, you just have to pump 3 - 5 rounds into the target in a rapid succession.

All of the defensive shootings I've seen video of lately have the crowd dispersing and unassing the AO in a hell of a hurry as soon as caps start getting busted, but you can't count on it because some of the core cadre for Antifa have combat training and experience with the Marxist PKK terrorists. And as someone else observed, they are increasingly becoming armed. So, if you have to shoot, don't shoot to scare or tickle 'em, shoot to render them inoperative. VERY inoperative.

And, as someone else also observed, you won't get any more time for 50 than you will for one, so the more the merrier.

The article says they got in a "shouting match" with the rioters. Yes, rioters - if they're trespassing on private property and have destroyed a gate, it's no longer a protest. Shouting matches are stupid and non-productive. Loud bangs carry a message farther. I'd pump one - that's ONE - round into the ground at their feet, and then if they keep coming, light them up. 

Words are not necessary. Actions speak louder than words.

And people wonder why I have 40 round mags for my AR and 32 round mags for my sidearm... When a crowd is rushing you, it's a pain in the ass to have to change magazines.

That gateway was an excellent choke point - why were the rioters allowed to get past it where they could spread out? This could all have been prevented by one round into the ground at the gate while they were assailing the gate and destroying it.

See how they run...

that's much better picture than i was looking at, and yes it's got to be a .32,or.380.

as far as being rushed, yes it can happen. in the videos i've and read about, once the bullet start flying they bug out. have yet to see one where the antifa's have disarmed anyone. not saying it hasn't happened, but i have yet to see one. hell in the new mexico incident, there were four or five of them swarming him hitting him with a skate board, yelling i'm gonna kill you, but once he popped a cap in one it was run run run, you shot him you shot. the the guy that fired sat the gun down ground and then he sat down. no attacked any more.

then the guy in seattle shot the fella who tried to pull him out of his car was surrounded by hundreds, some thought they would be sneaky and come from behind, but when he turned and they saw the gun backed off. then he ran through the crowd and no one stopped him.

but there is always there is always the chance they want.
A video and they released a statement. Frankly, I don't blame them . I would have done the same thing, if not more.  

https://www.kmov.com/news/st-louis-coupl...7bfc8.html
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-29-2020, 10:41 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Going to the range, however, /= control of emotion and dealing with the effects of adrenaline once SHTF....imho.   Going to the range is better than nothing, but...

I'm sure you're right about most not closing with the enemy under fire.

going to the range and practicing will give the ability to focus on the psychical skills needed to handle the weapon and also on the reflex reaction of firing the weapon. it also builds confidence in your ability.

but your right, you never will be able to know for sure if you can control your emotions/ fear until you are tested.

but i'll tell you what we were taught by our weapons instructor while i was at Camp Pendleton during ITS.

"we practice reaction to spontaneous fire or threat by advancing on and if needed fire on the opposition. we don't run and take cover, we meet fire with fire, in order to overwhelm the opposition if possiple, if not then take cover.

you can tell the ones who can do this naturally,by the way they carry and handle themselves. most times you can see it in there face. for those that don't, the skills can be taught, the ability to use them only comes when under fire."

looking at that woman's face, she could bust some melons if need be.
(06-30-2020, 01:07 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I might do a thread on magazine selection one day.

When you do, please add in some pictures.

If I'm good, will you teach me the coin trick one day soon?
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(06-30-2020, 02:04 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 01:07 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I might do a thread on magazine selection one day.

When you do, please add in some pictures.

If I'm good, will you teach me the coin trick one day soon?

I've already taken the pictures weeks ago, just never made the thread.

What Uncle Dow said about the coin trick was this: "That gun is a part of you. from the moment it enters your hand, it's not a separate object, it IS your hand. You point it just like pointing your finger, and take the shot the instant it feels right". Shit loads of practice at it help. You start slow to train your muscles and avoid unsightly and bloody mishaps, and slowly build up to speed. Haste makes waste - and injury. Don't get frustrated or discouraged and try to rush it. It will come.

All firearms have their own individual ergonomic fit. Pick ONE to practice with, and that is the one you will "feel out" the best.

I had another Great Uncle, Hugh, who was a doddering old dude when I knew him. He shook all the time, shook like a dog shitting razor blades. You'd think, with all that shaking, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with him stood inside of it, but I tell you what - that old guy could take a .22 and light those old "strike anywhere" matches every shot by standing them up in the crack of a fence rail and dropping back a few yards to shoot them. He'd start at one end of the line and POW POW POW light them up in sequence, right down the line. He did that by taking the shot the instant his rifle sights got in alignment, and not waiting for the shake to carry him off target again. 

The only time I ever even got close to that was driving empty .22 hulls into a fence post with a 2 dollar rifle, an old used Stevens / Springfield Model 15 single shot .22 when I was a teenager. I gave 2 bucks for it because it was broke (I think they cost about 15 bucks brand new back in the day), and my dad looked at it and had it running in about 10 minutes. Straightest shooting gun I've ever owned, yet also the cheapest one. It was dangerous as a cocked cannon - had a hair trigger due to the repairs, which involved some work on the sear. You could cock it and just slap the side of the butt and it would go off. The only safety was to keep it uncocked and your finger off the trigger. You could fire it by either pulling the trigger or PUSHING the trigger. Either direction moved the sear.

I'm fairly certain that she's waving around a 380 Walther ppk. Its still more than enough pistol to get the job done if need be. Just throwing that out there.
What McCloskey is saying: 

"A mob of at least 100 [protesters] smashed through the historic wrought-iron gates of Portland Place, destroying them, rushed towards my home where my family was having dinner outside, and put us in fear of our lives," Mark recalled. "This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets. We were told that we would be killed, our home burned, and our dog killed."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/attorneys-...270%20days

If they were outside already and in fear for their lives, that gives it a different perspective.  Has anyone seen pictures of the destroyed gate?

I still can't get over her choice of weapon and how poorly she handled it, however.
(06-30-2020, 12:24 AM)Ninurta Wrote: That's a fact. I had this conversation with some snowflakes on FB a couple of weeks ago. They were aghast that I would just plow right through them. Yeah, well, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. They claimed it would be "murder", and I pointed out that self defense is not "murder". They claimed they were "peacefully" protesting. I pointed out that at the precise point they unlawfully detained me on a public thoroughfare, it ceased being "peaceful".

Then they went back to the "murder" argument. So I informed them that a 1) a jury would determine that, and they would not be there to present their side of the story, and 2) even if I did manage to mishandle my defense so badly that I got life in prison, at my age a "life sentence" was no longer the deterrent it used to be, and again they would not be there to gloat over it.

The upshot is, there are folks out there who will kill you dead for screwing around with them, and there is no power currently on Earth that will bring you back from the dead - once you're dead, you're permanently dead. No do-overs. Life is not a video game, there are no respawns. The simplest solution is not to screw around with folks, and if they couldn't comprehend that, they get what they get.

Their parting shot was a weak "it's still murder..." and mine was "doesn't matter - it won't resurrect you no matter what you call it".

I just cannot get over how disconnected they are from reality.   I can't comprehend how they couldn't realize the truth of what you were saying.   And your point about "folks out there who will kill you dead for screwing around with them"?   There really are.   How can they not know this?   They've never met any?  What must it be like to have lived such a sheltered life?
(06-30-2020, 01:53 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 10:41 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Going to the range, however, /= control of emotion and dealing with the effects of adrenaline once SHTF....imho.   Going to the range is better than nothing, but...

I'm sure you're right about most not closing with the enemy under fire.

going to the range and practicing will give the ability to focus on the psychical skills needed to handle the weapon and also on the reflex reaction of firing the weapon. it also builds confidence in your ability.

but your right, you never will be able to know for sure if you can control your emotions/ fear until you are tested.

but i'll tell you what we were taught by our weapons instructor while i was at Camp Pendleton during ITS.

"we practice reaction to spontaneous fire or threat by advancing on and if needed fire on the opposition. we don't run and take cover, we meet fire with fire, in order to overwhelm the opposition if possiple, if not then take cover.

you can tell the ones who can do this naturally,by the way they carry and handle themselves. most times you can see it in there face. for those that don't, the skills can be taught, the ability to use them only comes when under fire."

looking at that woman's face, she could bust some melons if need be.

I have been trained to close.

Marines: (heart) Much respect for their ability to bring it.
(06-30-2020, 04:50 AM)Anathros Wrote: I'm fairly certain that she's waving around a 380 Walther ppk. Its still more than enough pistol to get the job done if need be. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, in that most will run when shots are fired from anything, like someone else pointed out.
(06-29-2020, 07:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 01:31 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 11:52 AM)drussell41 Wrote: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/gun-...iral-video

Okay, is this even real?   She's posing like she thinks she a Charlie's Angel, and.....   who brings a small handgun like that to confront a mob?  She needs to rethink this whole situation.

looks like a .380 might be wrong. but if it is a .380 it can and will kill you just as dead as any other caliber. chances are 85 to 95 percent of the protesters will run when shootin starts, those that don't, will either try to hide behind something or have a gun themselves. Missouri is a premissive open carry state, so protesters just might be packin.

after enlarging  and looking a little closer the barrel looks a little small, could be a .22 or.25, not the best for self defense but will do the job. but might only piss a big man off, if not hit in the right spot.

also, looking at the one picture, it's kinda hard to tell just how close and what angle she is standing at in relation to her husband. but it's clear she doesn't know much about gun safety. it looks like the pistol is pointed at his head and her finger is on the trigger.
[Image: EbppxhdXQAE1CW1?format=jpg&name=small]

[Image: 5ef954f727755.image_.jpg?itok=qzx4A0rs]

Yeah, it's either a .32 or a .38, probably a .32, and it'll put the hurt on a protester if she can hit 'em. Even a .22 will work, 'cause no one WANTS to be shot! - and .22s have been the choice of professional assassins for decades. They're quieter and get the job done, you just have to pump 3 - 5 rounds into the target in a rapid succession.

All of the defensive shootings I've seen video of lately have the crowd dispersing and unassing the AO in a hell of a hurry as soon as caps start getting busted, but you can't count on it because some of the core cadre for Antifa have combat training and experience with the Marxist PKK terrorists. And as someone else observed, they are increasingly becoming armed. So, if you have to shoot, don't shoot to scare or tickle 'em, shoot to render them inoperative. VERY inoperative.

And, as someone else also observed, you won't get any more time for 50 than you will for one, so the more the merrier.

The article says they got in a "shouting match" with the rioters. Yes, rioters - if they're trespassing on private property and have destroyed a gate, it's no longer a protest. Shouting matches are stupid and non-productive. Loud bangs carry a message farther. I'd pump one - that's ONE - round into the ground at their feet, and then if they keep coming, light them up. 

That gateway was an excellent choke point - why were the rioters allowed to get past it where they could spread out? This could all have been prevented by one round into the ground at the gate while they were assailing the gate and destroying it.

See how they run...

Rich man and woman open fire on peaceful demonstrators. People need to start understanding how propaganda works, because this fight is not going to be won with guns but with propaganda
(06-30-2020, 10:14 AM)Wallfire Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 07:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 01:31 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

looks like a .380 might be wrong. but if it is a .380 it can and will kill you just as dead as any other caliber. chances are 85 to 95 percent of the protesters will run when shootin starts, those that don't, will either try to hide behind something or have a gun themselves. Missouri is a premissive open carry state, so protesters just might be packin.

after enlarging  and looking a little closer the barrel looks a little small, could be a .22 or.25, not the best for self defense but will do the job. but might only piss a big man off, if not hit in the right spot.

also, looking at the one picture, it's kinda hard to tell just how close and what angle she is standing at in relation to her husband. but it's clear she doesn't know much about gun safety. it looks like the pistol is pointed at his head and her finger is on the trigger.
[Image: EbppxhdXQAE1CW1?format=jpg&name=small]

[Image: 5ef954f727755.image_.jpg?itok=qzx4A0rs]

See how they run...

Rich man and woman open fire on peaceful demonstrators. People need to start understanding how propaganda works, because this fight is not going to be won with guns but with propaganda

Then are we SOL, because we do not control the mass media?