Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mark and Patricia McCloskey
(06-30-2020, 10:46 AM)drussell41 Wrote: Then are we SOL, because we do not control the mass media?

Nope. Propaganda is a funny thing. If you know how to propagandize, you don't have to control the mass media.

You put it out there via your own media, in your own way. You make it so they can't stop the signal.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-30-2020, 09:37 AM)drussell41 Wrote: I just cannot get over how disconnected they are from reality.   I can't comprehend how they couldn't realize the truth of what you were saying.   And your point about "folks out there who will kill you dead for screwing around with them"?   There really are.   How can they not know this?   They've never met any?  What must it be like to have lived such a sheltered life?

I have no idea. Hell, I can't even figure out who ties their shoes for them in the morning.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Just a meme, but it made me grin!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7966]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-29-2020, 02:30 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 11:55 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: All of it is insane.  There are going to be firefights soon.

Like @"hounddoghowlie" mentioned, those protestors might-well be armed themselves.  If anyone reading this has to fire on a mob ... might as well go full-force on 'em.  Mow the entire group to the ground so you don't go getting shot yourself.

I don't think I'd shoot Americans in the back or start laying down grazing fire (didn't say I wouldn't, if they're just ducking for cover).  I do know mowing down fifty of 'em will get you in just about as much trouble as two or three.  If you're taking one for the team ... what can I say?

Take the loudest, most abrasive ones first. Typically thats anyone with a megaphone or other amplification device. They tend to be the "leaders". If they are laid down then the others are much more likely to just run the fuck off. 

But these people are jack asses. Why the FUCK would you leave the cover/concealment that your house provides? I would just be peeking out the window making sure they don't actually start doing anything dumb to me or my neighbors (if I was on good terms with them, LOL).
(06-30-2020, 11:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 09:37 AM)drussell41 Wrote: I just cannot get over how disconnected they are from reality.   I can't comprehend how they couldn't realize the truth of what you were saying.   And your point about "folks out there who will kill you dead for screwing around with them"?   There really are.   How can they not know this?   They've never met any?  What must it be like to have lived such a sheltered life?

I have no idea. Hell, I can't even figure out who ties their shoes for them in the morning.

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing
I wasn't even searching for information regarding this incident, and it showed up on my search page.

There were several interesting legal articles that revealed in many states, just a threat of shooting a trespasser, even if a gun was never in the homeowner's possession, could be charged as a legal offense. 

The castle doctrine is different in different states, and in most, it only covers intrusion into your house, not intrusion on your lawn. 

I found the details extremely interesting. It makes what happened in the videos highly questionable, and probably illegal.

I can't give an honest opinion on the video because I don't believe it is legit. I am a bit fed up with this deadly game the provocateurs and the media are playing with lives, and the stability of our country.

We have become gullible nitwits that are so easily manipulated, that we make the characters of "Idiocracy" look like geniuses. 

We know we are being played, but we can't seem to help ourselves.