Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feral humans
One of the odder topics regarding "things in the woods" I've come across are the stories of feral humans -- people who have abandoned (or perhaps never knew) civilization and are living in a wild state.

We have some people here, like @"TheRedneck" , who have spent a lot of time outdoors.  Has anyone encountered anything like this?

I once ran across a rough campsite in a German forest, but I suspect the individual was homeless rather than a wild person.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-29-2020, 07:57 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: One of the odder topics regarding "things in the woods" I've come across are the stories of feral humans -- people who have abandoned (or perhaps never knew) civilization and are living in a wild state.

We have some people here, like @"TheRedneck" , who have spent a lot of time outdoors.  Has anyone encountered anything like this?

I once ran across a rough campsite in a German forest, but I suspect the individual was homeless rather than a wild person.

Cheers

I have my moments.

One of the up sides to going feral is you get to take God showers. Nothing better on a scorching day than stripping off your fake skin and washing in the cooling waters from above.
The incidents of feral humans is certainly being invested in with these Tennessee residents!

Quote:Toddler found in cage in Henry County; 3 charged, hundreds of animals rescued.

'HENRY COUNTY, Tenn. (WTVF) — Authorities have charged three people after a toddler was found in a dog kennel
during an animal rescue in Henry County. Henry County Sheriff’s deputies raided a single-wide mobile home with several
outbuildings in the northern portion of the county Thursday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7957]
Photos: Henry County Sheriff's Office.

Henry County Sheriff Monte Belew provided an update Friday morning, saying the 1 1/2 year old boy was found in a 4x4
cage in the living room. Belew said the child didn’t have any toys or blankets. “Everything that child possessed or played
with was in that kennel,” Belew said.

Belew said three buckets filled with hundreds of mice were propped up next to the cage. Three feet to the left, there was a
10-foot boa constrictor. In total, there were eight snakes found in the room. "With all of the law enforcement experience up
here, it's hard to find something that actually shocks us," he said.
"I've never seen this before, and I can guarantee the gentlemen up here with me have never seen this before."

The sheriff said 15-20 dogs were found running loose, along with feces on the floor. He said some portions of the home
didn’t have any flooring at all. Belew described the kitchen as “unlivable.” He said thousands of cockroaches and maggots
were also found.

"It's a very rural part of the county, you're not far from the state line. Dale Cemetery Road is not a very travelled road at all.
Not much traffic on it whatsoever," Belew said. "They just wanted to live their life. We had to explain to them that there is a
norm."

The Animal Rescue Corps responded to the location to help care for and remove the animals, some of which were deceased.

Belew identified the three suspects as 46-year-old T.J. Brown, 42-year-old Heather Scarbrough and 82-year-old Charles Brown.
All three have been charged with aggravated child abuse – which is a class A felony – aggravated animal cruelty, possession of
firearm in commission of a felony, manufacturing of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and cruelty to animals.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7958]
(Left-to-Right) T.J. Brown, Heather Scarbrough and Charles Brown

T.J. Brown was also charged with felon in possession of firearm.
Each was held at the at Henry County Jail on a $300,000 bond. A court appearance was set for June 30 at 9 a.m.
Belew said the following animals and items were recovered from the home:

86 chickens and roosters, 56 dogs, 10 rabbits, 4 parakeets, 3 cats, 8 snakes, 1 pheasant, 531 mice, rats and hamsters,
1 gecko, 3 sugar gliders, 127 marijuana plants and 17 guns.

"In our community children are treasured. They're treasured very highly and the slightest allegation that one may be in danger
causes a large number of people to spring into action. We're going to investigate this and every allegation of child abuse
extremely closely," said District Attorney Matt Stowe.

Stowe said prosecutors are working hand-in-hand with the Henry County Sheriff's Office.
"These things oftentimes can be hidden, especially when it's in a remote or rural area. But even in an urban area, the truth is
we never really know what our neighbors next door are doing. It's important that this serves as a warning that if you see
something out of place that you let someone know."...'
NewsChannel5:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
It begs the question as to what a "feral human" is.

Homeless living rough in the woods -- no.

Situation like @BIAD mentioned -- borderline, but those people are still connected with civilization, even if tenuously.

Children raised by animals -- definitely.

I've read plenty of accounts out camping to lend the impression there is some banditry going on -- robbery, murder, etc.  Hard to say in that case, each situation would have to be individually evaluated.

Related to the last are those who have voluntarily "left the grid".  I would guess most remain bound to civilization even if they don't regularly interact with it.  But some ... may go all the way.

I've read accounts of people spotted in the woods who avoided contact and who apparently had become quite hairy (but not apes or BF).  Makes me wonder if some of those who "left the grid" raised families away from everything.  How would those children have much of an opportunity to socially develop enough such that they could reintegrate with society if they wanted to do so?

Cheers

(06-29-2020, 02:01 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It begs the question as to what a "feral human" is.

Homeless living rough in the woods -- no.

Situation like @BIAD mentioned -- borderline, but those people are still connected with civilization, even if tenuously.

Children raised by animals -- definitely.

I've read plenty of accounts out camping to lend the impression there is some banditry going on -- robbery, murder, etc.  Hard to say in that case, each situation would have to be individually evaluated.

Related to the last are those who have voluntarily "left the grid".  I would guess most remain bound to civilization even if they don't regularly interact with it.  But some ... may go all the way.

I've read accounts of people spotted in the woods who avoided contact and who apparently had become quite hairy (but not apes or BF).  Makes me wonder if some of those who "left the grid" raised families away from everything.  How would those children have much of an opportunity to socially develop enough such that they could reintegrate with society if they wanted to do so?

Cheers

Over here on the little islands of Britain, the Government statistics report we have around 66 million people living here.
Tesco -a countrywide range of stores and a large outlet for many, worked-out from their food sales that the number is
probably closer to 80 million.

During a short time when I made a banner for Deborah Hatswell's YouTube channel, I asked if the weird beings that people
in the UK are reporting -and the odd stick formations, could actually be illegal immigrants who are staying 'off the radar'
and are communicating via these arranged formations.

She's a strong advocate of Britain and Mainland Europe having its own colonies of Bigfoot and some her reports can be
very entertaining. Also, Deborah has often suggested that these supposed 'Forest-Folk' are using corridors of woodland
and fenced-off railway tracks to travel unseen around Britain.

Ms. Hatswell doubted that the elusive figures and their rare evidence could be anything connected with unregistered people,
but did admit that where she lives, there's a main railway track at the rear of her home and she has witnessed unknown
'Indian-looking' young males wandering along the rail tracks and added that she believed they worked somewhere up the line.

I didn't push it as an option, but considering the problems in exposing oneself as an illegal immigrant, living in the countryside
might well be a good option.
"stick formations" ?  Sounds like the "signage" used by Hoboes.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/All-thi...nd-symbols

All kinds of sub rosa activity going on, it seems.

Cheers

If you like accounts of Feral people... look no further than Scotland's own infamous Sawney Bean! (...and family!)

Sawney Bean – Scotland’s most famous cannibal

On a side note...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7960]

That was my youngest (Dougie) in 2012 (when he was two).
We took our eyes off him for 2 secs and he had climbed into the cage that was used for my Brother in law's wee dog!!
Honest officer.... he went in there by himself!!!

We did later release him into the wild. I hope he's doing ok.....

tinyhuh
G

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-29-2020, 03:26 PM)gordi Wrote: If you like accounts of Feral people... look no further than Scotland's own infamous Sawney Bean! (...and family!)

Sawney Bean – Scotland’s most famous cannibal

On a side note...

That was my youngest (Dougie) in 2012 (when he was two).
We took our eyes off him for 2 secs and he had climbed into the cage that was used for my Brother in law's wee dog!!
Honest officer.... he went in there by himself!!!

We did later release him into the wild. I hope he's doing ok.....

tinyhuh
G

I know of a case where a child therapist was raked over the coals and lost her job because she took an innocent picture of her child sitting in their dog's crate. The child walked into the crate on his own and was laughing at his mother from inside of the crate. She thought it was funny, as most people did, and she posted it to Facebook. She forgot about it, until a few years later it was brought up in court as a tool for discrediting her.

Considering how we got here in one piece, in spite of all the ridiculously stupid things we did along the way, our new found attitude of judgement and scorning is not likely to serve us well at all.

We may not have been smart, but were surely creative.
(06-29-2020, 07:57 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: One of the odder topics regarding "things in the woods" I've come across are the stories of feral humans -- people who have abandoned (or perhaps never knew) civilization and are living in a wild state.

Cheers

Fits the description of Mrs Rodinus...!

I'll get my coat... "Taxi?"
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(06-29-2020, 03:25 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: "stick formations" ?  Sounds like the "signage" used by Hoboes.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/All-thi...nd-symbols

All kinds of sub rosa activity going on, it seems.

Cheers

You could be right, it's what I thought too. I also believe in some cases, it's just local kids farting
about after seeing a particular YouTube video. Then again, in a wood, you will find evidence of
sticks!
minusculethumbsup
(06-29-2020, 01:37 PM)BIAD Wrote: The incidents of feral humans is certainly being invested in with these Tennessee residents!

Quote:Toddler found in cage in Henry County; 3 charged, hundreds of animals rescued.

'HENRY COUNTY, Tenn. (WTVF) — Authorities have charged three people after a toddler was found in a dog kennel
during an animal rescue in Henry County. Henry County Sheriff’s deputies raided a single-wide mobile home with several

It's people like this who give the rest of us country folk a bad name.   smalltappinghead
You know.. The one thing I keep thinking about in regards to this is; how would no exposure to language actually affect development, psychology, etc?

Its gotta be really interesting. Clearly talking about full feral.

Itd be interesting to explore where the social tendencies really start to take form. Obviously, we see plenty of social structure/language with isolated tribes. But, I would think there is some threshold there. Two, three people?

Would have to be a pretty unique situation that somehow plops a few people into the wild with no previous human contact, but the worlds a pretty crazy place.
(06-29-2020, 09:07 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 01:37 PM)BIAD Wrote: The incidents of feral humans is certainly being invested in with these Tennessee residents!

It's people like this who give the rest of us country folk a bad name.   smalltappinghead

They probably don't even recognize they're doing anything wrong. Some peoole are just irrevocably broken.
internet Agent Provocateur
This story 'sort-of' ties in with the thread's title and it may be that similar accounts can explain some of the experiences
of those who see humanoid-shaped creatures in the woods. However, I believe this story is somewhat manipulated to
suit a narrative.

Quote:‘JUNGLE BOY’ Real-life Mowgli lives in the jungle and walks 20 miles a day after cruel villagers bully him for ‘being different’

'A real-life 'Mowgli' lives in the African jungle and hikes 20 miles daily to escape cruel villagers bullying him for being 'different'.
But the doting mum of Zanziman Ellie, 21, considered him a "miracle" after losing her first five children in Rwanda.

In a poignant video, it's described how she and her husband were so upset about their children dying, that they knelt
and pleaded with "God for a son", writes Zolex. The couple even asked for an “abnormal child as long as he/she wouldn’t die".
Nine months later, Ellie was born.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8723]

He has microcephaly, a condition where a baby's head is much smaller than expected. Sadly, life has been a battle for the
man ever since. He is harassed about his facial features on a daily basis by insensitive villagers, reports Afrimax Rwanda.
While visiting Ellie's mum, the station was told that he's always being mocked and criticised.

As a result, he has learnt to be quick on his feet, or even to flee high into a tree, to escape villagers' constant bullying.
Incredibly, Ellie - who has never been to school - spends his days hiking through the jungle for hours on end.
He sometimes covers up to 230km (143miles) in a week, and eats grass while in the jungle, his mum said.
The boy's mother says in the interview that she has to chase after him every evening to bring him home.

She told the station: "I always graze him as an animal, and he's always running away."
The station visited Ellie and his mum in a bid to raise awareness and support fundraising efforts to help the poverty-stricken
family. His mum told Afrimax that her son can't speak, but he understands her instructions.

At one stage in the report she tells him to fetch a jerry can lying on the ground.
He immediately runs over and gets it for her, prompting the reporter to say: "This proves he understands what you tell him."

Savannah News reports: "From consultation with health experts, we believe the boy is suffering from microcephaly which is
further compounded by a lack of understanding and love from the villagers. "He may not necessarily like to live in the jungle
but he looks to be running away from an abusive mob that causes him to do things he dislikes."

Ellie's mother has lovingly cared for her son all these years, but her circumstances have worsened and she now finds it hard
to feed the family. A GoFundMe fundraiser has been started by Afrimax to help her put food on their table.

Just three years ago, The Sun reported on a child dubbed “Mowgli Girl” who was rescued after being found living with wild
monkeys. The protective primates even attacked a police officer as he attempted to free the girl from the group in India’s
Katarniaghat Forest.

And four years ago a dad and son were discovered after spending 41 long years in the forest by stunned officials.
Ho Van Lang and his dad Ho Van Thanh spent decades living secretly in deep forest in the Tay Tra district of Quang Ngai
province after fleeing the Vietnam war...'
The Sun:

This is one of those stories that takes a while to flesh out. There is a lot of truth in the story I am sure, but like you, I believe it has been woven in a way that would make it difficult to see with the naked eye, and a logical mind.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers