Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Knife attack in Glasgow
Three dead and suspect shot in Park Inn Hotel attack

Quote:Three people have been stabbed and killed and a suspect has been shot by police in a major police incident at a Glasgow city centre hotel.

Emergency services earlier raced to the Park Inn Hotel on West George Street as the council confirmed streets had been shut down in response to a 'serious police incident'.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasg...e-18494009

And the insanity goes on.  My heart goes out to Scotland.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Sh*t.
I'm not much more than 10 or 12 miles from there.....
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Looks bad. 
Policeman is critical in hospital, and may be 6 people injured. 
Not sure if the 3 fatalities include the suspect who was shot dead.
I have family who work around the Glasgow town centre, but they have been in touch and are not near the incident.
There is a lot of info/misinfo ? being shared around sm regarding the details.
@"cosmickat" 
Great AVATAR  minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-26-2020, 08:56 PM)guohua Wrote: @"cosmickat" 
Great AVATAR  minusculeclap

thank you !  tinybiggrin
@BIAD gave me a make over. Got to agree .. it's great.
Scotland.
tinywhat

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-26-2020, 03:40 PM)gordi Wrote: Sh*t.
I'm not much more than 10 or 12 miles from there.....

That is a little too close for comfort.  tinyshocked

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-27-2020, 11:58 AM)BIAD Wrote: Scotland.
tinywhat

Indeed.
1) The guy presenting that video is not Scottish, he's English and a Unionist (going by the Butchers Apron in the background). Anything that he "presents" relating to the SNP-led Scottish Parliament will inevitably be biased against it. He wants to retain the Union of the UK+NI. Simples.

2) Taking the mickey out of having a "debate" with no opposition is, at best bending the truth.
They are having a DISCUSSION about a problem that they all agree needs addressed. It was referred to as a "Debate" ONLY because of the technicality of it being held during the time allocated to "DEBATES" within the Scottish Parliament.

3) Systemic racism DOES exist.
How many BEM chairmen are there in the UK's top FTSE ranked companies for example?? It's not actually as bad in Scotland as it can be elsewhere, but the Scottish Parliament recognises that it does exist and that they should at least try and discuss doing something about it.

4) Some of the individual MSP's in the video clips do come across as simpering idiots and potential SJW's!! BUT that does not in any way mean that SCOTLAND or the Scottish Parliament is ALL like that.

5) What is the better approach or attitude?
The Scottish Parliament, allocating debate time to discuss systemic racism and what to do about it, maturely, calmly, and sensibly...
OR
Westminster using the equivalent time to allow a Conservative MP to make a RACIST JOKE about "sending The Scots to the Colonies as slaves" to solve the "West Lothian" question whilst the entire unionist ranks guffaw and chortle in the face of the Scottish MP's who were present?

/rant
I have two very dear friends from Scotland, they are husband and wife, and I have to say, they have a strange and wicked sense of humor, PC they are not and the husband is the worse of the two.

I don't really understand what they were laughing at, but I don't always understand my friends either.

I will try to find the whole of the debate, but what was the point she was trying to get across? It went over my head.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-27-2020, 02:33 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I have two very dear friends from Scotland, they are husband and wife, and I have to say, they have a strange and wicked sense of humor, PC they are not and the husband is the worse of the two.

I don't really understand what they were laughing at, but I don't always understand my friends either.

I will try to find the whole of the debate, but what was the point she was trying to get across? It went over my head.

Hi @"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

Which "she" are you asking about?
Is it the Conservative MP in Westminster in the clip I linked?

If it was, then I can maybe offer this...?

Her Speech reads thus:
Quote:"Landslides on the whole do not produce an effective Government, so our Prime Minister can rest assured of an effective and smooth 5 years (the term of the Government - She's saying that the Scottish Government will be ineffective with an SNP landslide, thereby making his life easier.)
...And it was the home of Oliver Cromwell, who defeated the Scots at Dunbar, incorporated Scotland into his protectorate, and transported the Scots as slaves to the colonies... (laughter and "hear hear hear" from Conservative MP's)
...Now THERE's an answer to the West Lothian Question!". (Send Scots away to the colonies as slaves, so that they can't vote on English matters.)

The West Lothian question was an on-going sore-point for English members of parliament in Westminster, that since Scottish devolution (the formation of a Scottish Parliament), the Scots MP's in Westminster had the right to vote on UK matters (and English (only) matters) since England does not technically have it's "own" parliament, whilst English MP's could not vote on Scottish (only) matters which were devolved to the Scottish Parliament.

This situation was resolved recently by the introduction of EVEL (English Votes for English Laws) which EXCLUDES MP's representing Scottish regions from sitting and voting on English (only) matters.
It's basically English MP's treating the UK parliament (that ALL of the UK pays for btw) like an "English" Parliament.

IMHO England should have set up (and paid for) their OWN devolved Government (like Scotland had to do), instead of kicking Scots MP's out of the UK parliamentary chamber that they were legally and democratically elected to sit in.

In Summary:
They (The Conservative Unionist MP's) were laughing along with the suggestion that the UK should send Scots to the colonies as slaves.

Nice?
An update on the stabbing...

Quote:PC David Whyte 'stable'.

'A police officer who was critically injured in a mass stabbing in Glasgow is now in a stable condition
in hospital, police have said. PC David Whyte, who is 42, was hurt as he responded to the incident
at the city's Park Inn Hotel on Friday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7937]
Officer Whyte.

He was among six people injured and taken to hospital. The suspect was shot dead by police.
Police said another five casualties remained in hospital, one of them in a critical condition.

They have been described as three asylum seekers who were staying at the Park Inn Hotel at the
time of the attack and two hotel staff.
Officers remained at the scene, in the city's West George Street, on Saturday...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-27-2020, 03:34 PM)gordi Wrote: They (The Conservative Unionist MP's) were laughing along with the suggestion that the UK should send Scots to the colonies as slaves.

Nice?

I fully get it.

You did an awesome of job of clearing up my confusion. Thank you.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-27-2020, 03:34 PM)gordi Wrote: They (The Conservative Unionist MP's) were laughing along with the suggestion that the UK should send Scots to the colonies as slaves.

I just want to make this point very clear here...

Can you imagine the OUTRAGE if a UK MP had "Joked" about ENSLAVING  (Black) Afro-Caribbean people so that we could send them off as slaves to "the colonies"?????

Then WHY does anyone think that it is OK to do so with regards to The Scots?

Anyone?
G
I hear you, Gordi. More than just a bit tone-deaf.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-27-2020, 05:33 PM)gordi Wrote: ...Can you imagine the OUTRAGE if a UK MP had "Joked" about ENSLAVING  (Black) Afro-Caribbean people so that
we could send them off as slaves to "the colonies"?????

Anyone?
G

Of course you're correct, the eternal sea of politics -especially the constant shit-throwing from Westminster towards
devolved Governments in the United Kingdom, is an arena where discourse is is a friend to inequality.
The English Government DO look down their noses at other British Governments and will always do that.

The further the distance from London, the less interest and seriousness is shown by Westminster.

It's just sad that the media promote that behaviour.
tinysure
Update: The shot suspect in the Glasgow stabbings was a Sudanese Asylum-seeker
and The Guardian portray him in the usual fashion... he had mental-health issues.
tinysure

This is another facet of the in-buried racism that so-called Liberals believed we can't see.
They perceive anyone who has different coloured skin as a person who should be helped,
forgiven and promoted to a high standing.

Not due to merit, but due to their in-built belief that confuses people of certain ethnicity
with pets. And they call you a racist!
tinywondering

Quote:Glasgow hotel staff 'were told of concerns about attack suspect's mental health'

'Staff at a Glasgow hotel where six people were stabbed were told of concerns about the suspect’s
mental health the night before the incident, the Guardian has learned.

The victims, including a police officer and two teenagers, were seriously injured in the attack at the

Park Inn on Friday. The alleged perpetrator, believed to have been a Sudanese asylum seeker, was
shot dead by police..."

The Guardian: (More in Link)
(06-27-2020, 05:33 PM)gordi Wrote:

I just want to make this point very clear here...

Can you imagine the OUTRAGE if a UK MP had "Joked" about ENSLAVING  (Black) Afro-Caribbean people so that we could send them off as slaves to "the colonies"?????

Anyone?
G

I think they have no regard for any of us. I think on any given day they go for the lowest hanging fruit, whatever is in their way at the moment.

They will have us fighting each other, those left that will not comply, they will pick off one by one.

Those laughing at the Scots will be next.

• minusculebeercheers 

A little bit more on this tragedy.

The Man shot dead in the Glasgow incident has been named as Badreddin Abadlla Adam.
Apparently, the meals weren't to his liking at the Park Inn hotel and the Wifi was poor that he struggled to contact
his relatives back in Sudan.

Considering the distances and the tribulations in finding a way across to the UK, this chap did well for an alleged
'vulnerable mentally-unstable' person.
tinyhuh

Quote:'...Sky News has been told the Sudanese man had begun to behave erratically.
One fellow resident recalled how he had told him he wanted to attack other people in the hotel, including staff.
Other Sudanese asylum seekers had become scared of him and made their concerns known to a Glasgow-based
liaison worker who deals with asylum issues.

The liaison worker phoned staff at the hotel reception desk at 11pm on the night before the attack to pass on the
concerns. The asylum seeker, who came to the United Kingdom six months ago, had been complaining about living
conditions in the hotel and was having particular difficulty with noise.

Sky News also understands that in the minutes before the assault, he had a telephone consultation with an immigration
solicitor. During the call, around 11am on Friday, the same individual who had warned hotel reception staff had taken
part in the three-way conversation.
During the consultation, he told the lawyer of his concern for the man's state of mind

The solicitor said he would pass on the concerns to the "safeguarding" team at the Home Office, set up to protect
people in vulnerable circumstances. However, shortly after ending his call with the lawyer, the man launched the knife
attack inside the hotel at 12.50pm...'

Quote:'...Siraj, an asylum seeker who was in the same hotel, revealed how the suspect had made violent threats previously.
He told Sky News: "He was saying the people are against him, the people hate him.
"The next room, they were making some noise and he was saying the noise was just to disturb him.
The room on top of him the same.

"One day he said 'I want to attack them. I want to attack that room next to me. That room on top of me'. He said 'I want
to attack the hotel workers'. "I said to him 'Not needed, there's no logic to do that, everyone is fine just try to ignore
everything'."...'
Sky Source:
It seems these sorts of problems move in pairs.
tinysure

Quote:Man is victim of 'targeted' Glasgow attack less than a mile from hotel where knifeman attacked six
and was shot dead by police on Friday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7945]

'A man has been the victim of a 'targeted' attack in Glasgow this afternoon, less than a mile from where a
knifeman attacked six and was shot dead by police on Friday. Police were called to the city centre just after
midday and have cordoned off an area outside a Premier Inn on Argyle Street. 

An eyewitness, who was not named, told the Glasgow Times:  'Literally just happened, was loads of screaming
and guy is on the ground with blood all over him. 'Looked like the guy came out of the Premier Inn hotel.'
He added: 'The guy's shoes and a load of blood still on the pavement.' 

Inspector Gareth Griffiths said: 'We were called around 12.10pm on Sunday, 28 June, to a report of an assault in
Argyle Street, Glasgow.
'Officers are currently at the scene. We believe this was a targeted assault and we do not believe there is a threat
to the wider public.' 

It comes just two days after the frenzied knife attack less than a mile from today's incident, in which a police officer
and five others were injured. Police Scotland named the man shot by officers during an attack in Glasgow on Friday
as Badreddin Abedlla Adam, 28, from Sudan.

In a statement on Twitter, Police Scotland said: 'The identity is based on information the deceased provided to the
Home Office earlier this year...'
Archived Daily Mail Source:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)