Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Easy Solution to COVID
Go outside.

I wonder why there were no air filtration mandates during the outbreak of Legionnaire's disease. I could be very wrong, but I don't think it is because we know more today than then. I think it is because more people are compliant than would have been at the time.

Cuomo mandates air conditioner filters in NY malls

If just one person is positive for COVID, and is placing the virus into the air, by the time the virus makes it to the a/c filter I am sure numerous people may have been exposed to the virus before it hits the filter. As long as the person is in the building, they are still projecting the virus with each breath, if you believe the logic. So just how much help is the mandated filters, since they do nothing to eliminate the source?

I could be all wrong in how I am processing this, so I will not be offended in the least if you can make me understand this logic.
(07-03-2020, 12:03 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Go outside.

I wonder why there were no air filtration mandates during the outbreak of Legionnaire's disease. I could be very wrong, but I don't think it is because we know more today than then. I think it is because more people are compliant than would have been at the time.

Cuomo mandates air conditioner filters in NY malls

If just one person is positive for COVID, and is placing the virus into the air, by the time the virus makes it to the a/c filter I am sure numerous people may have been exposed to the virus before it hits the filter. As long as the person is in the building, they are still projecting the virus with each breath, if you believe the logic. So just how much help is the mandated filters, since they do nothing to eliminate the source?

I could be all wrong in how I am processing this, so I will not be offended in the least if you can make me understand this logic.

I think what appears useless alone becomes another tool in the fight. If it seems proactive, why not? If it could possibly assist it would seem to be a good idea.Like masks, social distancing, washing hands...etc...etc. Every little thing. If it saves one life, I'm all for it.
internet Agent Provocateur
I don’t think filters would help. It’s like what you said. This is why I won’t go to my local mall, or most stores. God only knows how often they clean their central air. If I go to a restaurant, I sit outside. If the weather sucks, I just don’t go. 

As long as the weather’s good, I’ll try to do most of my activities outdoors. When autumn arrives, that’s pretty much it. I will be locked down at home when the weather turns colder again. I don’t really know if there’s any solution.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-03-2020, 01:11 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I think what appears useless alone becomes another tool in the fight. If it seems proactive, why not? If it could possibly assist it would seem to be a good idea.Like masks, social distancing, washing hands...etc...etc. Every little thing. If it saves one life, I'm all for it.

And I have no problem with suggestions, and recommendations. 

I have a serious problems with mandates, especially mandates for illogical solutions that cost money that people and businesses can't afford. 

They are using this virus to overstep their authority.  It is part of the conditioning process and pushes us closer to the edge.
(07-03-2020, 01:36 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 01:11 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I think what appears useless alone becomes another tool in the fight. If it seems proactive, why not? If it could possibly assist it would seem to be a good idea.Like masks, social distancing, washing hands...etc...etc. Every little thing. If it saves one life, I'm all for it.

And I have no problem with suggestions, and recommendations. 

I have a serious problems with mandates, especially mandates for illogical solutions that cost money that people and businesses can't afford. 

They are using this virus to overstep their authority.  It is part of the conditioning process and pushes us closer to the edge.

I'm still working through that in my head? My internal Jury is still out on that note.
internet Agent Provocateur
(07-03-2020, 01:36 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: ........

I pretty much feel the same way.

I understand the need to take precautions of the virus, especially for the people who have underlying health issues, but due to the numerous contradictory information being passed around by so-called "experts, it makes me a little suspicious and want to question the sincerity of the issue at hand.

And then when regular doctors in middle America start to question the CDC procedures/recommendations and restrictions, that in turn makes me even more suspicious about the genuine health issue that the CDC is wanting the public to believe is going on.

I do not doubt the severity of coronavirus for people who have health issues already, for it makes their immune system weak and not able to fight it off.
I do not doubt it is real.

But what I do doubt and question is when govt officials condemn one group of peoples for gathering yet not another group of people, making it more of a political issue IMO.

Where social justice issues are immune to scrutiny of spreading COVID, all the while beach goers and people who attend church get blasted for endangering others.

THAT is where the lines blur for me, making what started out as a health issue turn into a political issue.
Making the overall safety of health conversation seem disingenuous.

Just my opinion tinysure

a.k.a. 'snarky412'