Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Wife and I Explore Cannabis Shopping
A couple of weekends ago, we decided to take a road trip to a state with legal , recreational cannabis. 

It's only about 3 hours away, but well worth the trip and the money. 

Now , we have become connoisseurs of cannabis. Sitting here, picking out the next products to purchase. 

In my 55 years on this planet, I never would imagine going online, researching the best product for your money and just driving up to some little store out in the middle of no where and picking it up.  

Love it !

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-26-2020, 12:14 AM)kdog Wrote: A couple of weekends ago, we decided to take a road trip to a state with legal , recreational cannabis. 

Now , we have become connoisseurs of cannabis. Sitting here, picking out the next products to purchase. 

In my 55 years on this planet, I never would imagine going online, researching the best product for your money and just driving up to some little store out in the middle of no where and picking it up.  

Love it !

minusculebeercheers

I live in Oregon and have never even entered a shop that sold the Devil's Kale!

tinylaughing
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Here in Quebec, it's now legal and so my better half and I have been at it almost since they opened. I would say that errrr I am under the influence at this very moment lol

2020. The weirdest thing. We buy thc and pot legally, we wear mask and gloves to go to the bank. Ironic !! tinylaughing
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(06-26-2020, 12:17 AM)beez Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 12:14 AM)kdog Wrote: A couple of weekends ago, we decided to take a road trip to a state with legal , recreational cannabis. 

Love it !

minusculebeercheers

I live in Oregon and have never even entered a shop that sold the Devil's Kale!

tinylaughing
My 21 year old daughter lives in Oregon. She use to be a CNA working on getting a nursing degree, but is giving it up to roll joints for more money. LOL !
Unfortunately, with my profession, I cannot partake.

I have to (on occasion) verify calibration standards for ventilators and anesthesia equipment.

I and every member of my profession is regularly tested for narcotics, drugs.

If I have a tooth pulled, I cannot work if I'm taking pain-killers from the dentist.
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-26-2020, 12:26 AM)Sol Wrote: Here in Quebec, it's now legal and so my better half and I have been at it almost since they opened. I would say that errrr I am under the influence at this very moment lol

2020. The weirdest thing. We buy thc and pot legally, we wear mask and gloves to go to the bank. Ironic !!   tinylaughing

The only time I wore a mask and gloves was in the beginning in March. Ever since then, haven't had to. Really enjoy going to restaurants again.
Lets be honest though, if you or a loved one is having surgery or going to a hospital, you'd want the people verifying the equipment used on a loved one to be stone-cold sober and not on any medication or "herb".
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-26-2020, 12:40 AM)beez Wrote: Unfortunately, with my profession, I cannot partake.

I have to (on occasion) verify calibration standards for ventilators and anesthesia equipment.

I and every member of my profession is regularly tested for narcotics, drugs.

If I have a tooth pulled, I cannot work if I'm taking pain-killers from the dentist.

In mine, I only get tested if I have an accident at work and get injured or if I get into an accident with the company vehicle. 

I work for a small company that is union, the I U E C , and with having one of their guys busted driving under the influence of alcohol twice and is still working, not to worried. Only a few more years till retirement. Heck I could retire today if it wasn't for the insurance.
(06-26-2020, 12:42 AM)beez Wrote: Lets be honest though, if you or a loved one is having surgery or going to a hospital, you'd want the people verifying the equipment used on a loved one to be stone-cold sober and not on any medication or "herb".

I'm stone cold sober at work. I do a little through the week and drink some beers. You make it sound like I am stoned on the job. LOL !

Been installing elevators for thirty some years and haven't had any problems so far. 

minusculebeercheers
(06-26-2020, 12:53 AM)kdog Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 12:42 AM)beez Wrote: Lets be honest though, if you or a loved one is having surgery or going to a hospital, you'd want the people verifying the equipment used on a loved one to be stone-cold sober and not on any medication or "herb".

I'm stone cold sober at work. I do a little through the week and drink some beers. You make it sound like I am stoned on the job. LOL !

Been installing elevators for thirty some years and haven't had any problems so far. 

minusculebeercheers

My apologies if I inferred otherwise.
-Abraham Lincoln
I hope they change the laws here soon. We have medical and a ton of dispensaries but you have to go to a doctor to be approved and getting your card costs like $300 for two years.

Then there's also the whole thing of being on a list and with a card, you supposedly can't buy or aren't supposed to have guns and I'm not giving mine up or the right to get another one if I want to smoke weed.

Everybody here that doesn't have a card knows somebody that does so there's no shortage of "medicinal" grade.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(06-26-2020, 12:58 AM)beez Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 12:53 AM)kdog Wrote:

minusculebeercheers

My apologies if I inferred otherwise.

Naw, it's all cool. I have carrots if you need some. Fresh from the garden.
(06-26-2020, 01:02 AM)Freija Wrote: I hope they change the laws here soon. We have medical and a ton of dispensaries but you have to go to a doctor to be approved and getting your card costs like $300 for two years.

Then there's also the whole thing of being on a list and with a card, you supposedly can't buy or aren't supposed to have guns and I'm not giving mine up or the right to get another one if I want to smoke weed.

Everybody here that doesn't have a card knows somebody that does so there's no shortage of "medicinal" grade.

That's exactly why I haven't asked my doctor for a prescription. The way times are right now, I want my gun more than a buzz.

On the other hand, if everyone in America had a buzz, maybe the country would finally find that peace they've been longing for?   smallgreensmoker
(06-26-2020, 12:40 AM)beez Wrote: Unfortunately, with my profession, I cannot partake.

I used to have a mandatory whiz-quiz the first Wednesday of every month and twice a year random.  Miss a test ... and you're basically fired.  That was for contract work.  They thought if you 'became dependent' then the job was too much for you to handle.  The pay was enough to cure any addiction or desires.

All over now.  Might have to drop in on @"kdog" and see what he's been shopping for.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(06-26-2020, 01:33 AM)Snarl Wrote:

I used to have a mandatory whiz-quiz the first Wednesday of every month and twice a year random.  Miss a test ... and you're basically fired.  That was for contract work.  They thought if you 'became dependent' then the job was too much for you to handle.  The pay was enough to cure any addiction or desires.

All over now.  Might have to drop in on @"kdog" and see what he's been shopping for.

Some really good stuff. 

Our fav so far is gg #4.  pretty high thc, the highest they have. More of a chill and get busy with the lady kind of buzz, indica .

We got a variety and trying them out. I am more partial to the sativa, but the gg #4 is really good for the sex life.
I can't smoke anything anymore without cleaning out the fridge and cupboard. If I smoked daily I'd be fat AF Glad it's hard to get tbh.....
internet Agent Provocateur
(06-26-2020, 02:23 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I can't smoke anything anymore without cleaning out the fridge and cupboard. If I smoked daily I'd be fat AF  Glad it's hard to get tbh.....

Lord, you sound like my wife. She is still looking good for her age, put plenty of youngin's to shame, but she does clean everything out like a teenager. LOL ! Sexy time makes up for it.
(06-26-2020, 01:02 AM)kdog Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 12:58 AM)beez Wrote: My apologies if I inferred otherwise.

Naw, it's all cool. I have carrots if you need some. Fresh from the garden.

So ... I'm walking past Beezzer's place ... and I see he's got a sign posted at his front door.

Ya know @"beez" leaves notes up there every once in a while (for me to tear down) about keeping back 100yds and what not.

Now I'm creeping up there ever so quietly.  Gonna snatch that piece of paper as fast as I can (hopefully tear away some of that new paint he so carefully applied last month.  Was laughing so hard I had to take this pic twice:

[Image: WM.jpg]
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
I met a guy who went to a dispensary and was overwhelmed with it all. He's from a state where it's not legal and he said his mind was just boggled by the variety of consumables and weed. He said he felt like a kid in a toy store. I hope they legalize it here.
I live in Wisconsin, where it’s not even approved for medicinal use, much less recreational use. I’ve been getting migraines for over 40 years, and was hoping to try weed for that. I’ve tried just about everything else.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]