Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Ocean is Found,,,,,,,,On,,,,,,Pluto
Yes my friends, there looks like they have found a Ocean Under the Surface of Pluto and I Personally till count Pluto as a Planet!
But here you go.

Quote:Pluto likely has an ocean buried beneath its frozen exterior, study reveals

[Image: pluto-faults-410.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
Quote:Extensional faults (arrows) on the surface of Pluto indicate expansion of the dwarf planet’s icy crust, attributed to freezing of a subsurface ocean.
I will attach a link here Linky because the article is long and wordy.
the just need to say, Hey, at some time in the past, Pluto had water on it's surface and now it is under the surface, at least we think so.
There my Friends is the Short Of the Long  tinysure
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Maybe our new Space Force will be able to take us there someday for a day trip? tinybiggrin 
Of course they'll have to announce that portal technology they're hiding from the rest of us first.
(06-24-2020, 02:16 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Maybe our new Space Force will be able to take us there someday for a day trip? tinybiggrin 
Of course they'll have to announce that portal technology they're hiding from the rest of us first.

To be Honest with you, I believe this statement below for one reason and one reason only, my husbands father worked in the 70's and 80's for Lockheed Skunks factory and his boss was Ben Rich before they both retired. 
Quote:During a 1993 Alumni Speech at UCLA, Rich stated: “We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an Act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity…Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do.” At the end of the speech, Rich said, “We now have the technology to take ET home.”

My husbands father told me once when we were setting at his little kitchen table in the apartment my husband built for him in our backyard, that he hopes he gets to see them again, I ask you was them and he just pointed UP and smiled, 6 months later he died from a stroke. That was nearly 7 years ago.

He Knew but kept his secret, like my husband knows things and keeps his secrets.

Yes @"Mystic Wanderer" we can go there I Believe and we can go Further.
(06-24-2020, 02:30 AM)guohua Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 02:16 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Maybe our new Space Force will be able to take us there someday for a day trip? tinybiggrin 

To be Honest with you, I believe this statement below for one reason and one reason only, my husbands father worked in the 70's and 80's for Lockheed Skunks factory and his boss was Ben Rich before they both retired. 
Quote:During a 1993 Alumni Speech at UCLA, Rich stated: “We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an Act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity…Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do.” At the end of the speech, Rich said, “We now have the technology to take ET home.”

My husbands father told me once when we were setting at his little kitchen table in the apartment my husband built for him in our backyard, that he hopes he gets to see them again, I ask you was them and he just pointed UP and smiled, 6 months later he died from a stroke. That was nearly 7 years ago.

He Knew but kept his secret, like my husband knows things and keeps his secrets.

Certainly an exciting discovery.  Perhaps in the next decade when we finally return to the moon and take a step on mars some secrets may be unlocked.  Mars and the 'far side' of the moon have always intrigued me.

Might be old but I still enjoy being educated.

Great read,

Kind regards,

Bally:)
Quote:I Personally till count Pluto as a Planet!

The change cheerleaders really outdid themselves on that one.  That "decision" in the scientific community went a ways to undermining my confidence; not in pure science, but in scientists themselves.  They should have waited until the probe got to Pluto.  Turned out it was far more interesting than what had been expected.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-24-2020, 06:44 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
Quote:I Personally till count Pluto as a Planet!

The change cheerleaders really outdid themselves on that one.  That "decision" in the scientific community went a ways to undermining my confidence; not in pure science, but in scientists themselves.  They should have waited until the probe got to Pluto.  Turned out it was far more interesting than what had been expected.

Cheers

I agree  minusculeguzzlingbeer they couldn't wait to show everyone how important their opinion was back then, NOW the ass holes see that Pluto is Very Interesting and May Very Well have Live under that ice cold surface.
There was an article within the last two years about Earth having sub-crustal water amounting to more than all the surface oceans of the world. I do not know if I posted that here or at ATS ? Anyway with deep space spectra searches H2O is very common. What is surprising about Pluto is the lack of a big title force heating the interior like some of the moons of Saturn or Jupiter.. Yes Pluto has 5 known moons 
Quote:[/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon_(moon)]Charon (the largest, with a diameter just over half that of Pluto), StyxNixKerberos, and Hydra.

With half the diameter and one eighth the mass of Pluto, Charon is a very large moon in comparison to its parent body. Its gravitational influence is such that the barycenter of the Plutonian system lies outside Pluto.

Pluto is small as Charon is only around 606 km (377 mi)  radius .. Is that enough for tidal force heating (evidently it is) ? Either that or Pluto has a hot beating heart.
Wow, thanks for posting!   I had not heard!
(06-24-2020, 01:11 AM)guohua Wrote: Yes my friends, there looks like they have found a Ocean Under the Surface of Pluto and I Personally till count Pluto as a Planet!
But here you go.

Quote:Pluto likely has an ocean buried beneath its frozen exterior, study reveals

[Image: pluto-faults-410.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
Quote:Extensional faults (arrows) on the surface of Pluto indicate expansion of the dwarf planet’s icy crust, attributed to freezing of a subsurface ocean.
I will attach a link here Linky because the article is long and wordy.
the just need to say, Hey, at some time in the past, Pluto had water on it's surface and now it is under the surface, at least we think so.
There my Friends is the Short Of the Long  tinysure

I love discoveries like this. I've always wondered what would happen if we could drill into the oceans of other planets. One of Saturn's moons, Titan, is said to have a massive ocean buried below the ice and flows all over the planet moon due to the heat of Titan's core. Imagine all the things you could find in it. I bet Pluto is the same.
The Goonies R good enough
(06-24-2020, 02:30 AM)guohua Wrote:

Get outta here! Seriously??? That's badass! I think we've got alien technology out there that they're not letting us know about.
Interesting news, and I am with you.  I learned it was a planet when I was young, and it will always be a planet to me.
Quote:Get outta here! Seriously???

My favorite bit in Nick Cook's "The Hunt for Zero Point" was the comment made a British technology recovery officer in 1945.  Words to the effect of,

We won in the nick of time.

One may view that comment in different ways, but my take is that they realized German research was on to something the Allies had either never considered, or, had mistakenly dismissed as impractical.

And then there was the sudden change of policy in the 50s regarding the publishing of articles related to "anti-gravity" research.  All of a sudden, it was a non-topic.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-24-2020, 05:13 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
Quote:Get outta here! Seriously???

My favorite bit in Nick Cook's "The Hunt for Zero Point" was the comment made a British technology recovery officer in 1945.  Words to the effect of,

We won in the nick of time.

One may view that comment in different ways, but my take is that they realized German research was on to something the Allies had either never considered, or, had mistakenly dismissed as impractical.

And then there was the sudden change of policy in the 50s regarding the publishing of articles related to "anti-gravity" research.  All of a sudden, it was a non-topic.

Cheers

True, True, All True. JMHO
@"LSU2018" 

Quote:Get outta here! Seriously??? That's badass! I think we've got alien technology out there that they're not letting us know about.

Yes seriously   tinydrroling
Quote:TR-3B Anti-Gravity Spacecrafts
I'm sure these are our's.
Good video and article
[Image: TR-3B-875221.jpg]
We all know HP Lovecraft was not making up fiction when he talked about the 'crab like' diabolically intelligent creatures from Yuggoth (Pluto) that came from the icy planet to remote areas of New England to scout and colonise.
Crab like even makes sense now, with this ocean discovery. 
What did he know.....
(06-24-2020, 08:16 PM)guohua Wrote: @"LSU2018" 

Quote:Get outta here! Seriously??? That's badass! I think we've got alien technology out there that they're not letting us know about.

Good video and article

When I was a kid, back in the early 70's, I saw a white triangle. It was early afternoon, during the summer holidays and the sky was cloudless.
I don't know what made me look up, there was no sound, no contrail, just a perfect white equilateral triangle crossing the sky at what looked to be the usual altitude and speed of a standard airliner.
 My Dad was an aviation fanatic, and we went to all the airshows, and I had seen Concorde, so I knew this was something different. I looked through all of his books and couldn't find anything remotely like it.
Oddly, I never felt the need to tell Dad what I had seen, I never considered my sighting to be a UFO, I always thought it was some sort of experimental plane.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(06-25-2020, 10:17 AM)WonderCow Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 08:16 PM)guohua Wrote: @"LSU2018" 

Good video and article

When I was a kid, back in the early 70's, I saw a white triangle. It was early afternoon, during the summer holidays and the sky was cloudless.
I don't know what made me look up, there was no sound, no contrail, just a perfect white equilateral triangle crossing the sky at what looked to be the usual altitude and speed of a standard airliner.
 My Dad was an aviation fanatic, and we went to all the airshows, and I had seen Concorde, so I knew this was something different. I looked through all of his books and couldn't find anything remotely like it.
Oddly, I never felt the need to tell Dad what I had seen, I never considered my sighting to be a UFO, I always thought it was some sort of experimental plane.

You probably seen an early TR-3.
From what my husband tells my that he did learn from his father, that the Cigar or long slender UFO's are theirs and the very early USO's are theirs.
The Tick Tack UFOs that the UNS Navy released videos of are theirs I think.
Anyone interested in the UFO topic should go check out our forum. ATS was massive, but we have some real gems here too.

And here is a file I did that covers the beginning to end of UFOs and alien life.
http://www.rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=60
At the end of each file, you can click on the link to take you to the next file. There are five in all.

(Not trying to toot my own horn, but I want people to see what we have to offer here.)
(06-24-2020, 08:16 PM)guohua Wrote: Yes seriously   tinydrroling
Good video and article

I think they are, too. There are lots of UFO's like that spotted over the skies of South Carolina.
(06-25-2020, 08:18 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Anyone interested in the UFO topic should go check out our forum. ATS was massive, but we have some real gems here too.

And here is a file I did that covers the beginning to end of UFOs and alien life.
http://www.rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=60
At the end of each file, you can click on the link to take you to the next file. There are five in all.

(Not trying to toot my own horn, but I want people to see what we have to offer here.)

That's not what your horn said!

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'll go check it out. I could use some science (non)fiction in my life.