Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I hate you... You Parasite
Many years ago an Airforce guy hand an engine failure either in northern Canada or southern Alaska.  The ejection was uneventful and he parachuted safely uninjured. It was night time, foggy, and deep wilderness where he landed so SAR could not get to him. The next morning after the fog burned off they found his body...he was dead..

He had gone into a nearby lake and covered himself with mud trying to keep the mosquito's from devouring him. He died of hyperthermia ... Horrible way to die.
(06-29-2020, 04:40 PM)Rodinus Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 03:31 PM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 07:50 AM)Rodinus Wrote: Around 11pm we both went upstairs and went through the usual routine of brushing our teeth, having a shower, inspecting faces for wrinkles, squeezing spots, farting etc etc when i noticed that not only were the windows open but SHOCK HORROR also the shutters....

So THAT'S what happens when you're Married ...Wow tinybigeyes

That was a hell of a post Rod, never seen it at the other place.

I have one word though ....SPIDERS! *takes fetal position*

There is nothing that ruins a night more than those things, gimme a Mosquito any day (do we have them in the UK? don't think I have ever seen one)

I was up til about 4am the other night because a Spider decided it was gonna just sit there above my bed looking like a serial killer for a few hours, while I sat there sweating in fear for my life, slowly going insane with sleep deprivation.

.... I'm having flashbacks! tinybighuh
Yep, that's marriage for you!

We have these insects called Scutigéres over here in France (House centipedes)

[Image: scuti2m.jpg]

From Spring until end of October we have these things scurrying from time to time on the walls of our house.

They can bite (rarely) and one night I woke up with one half way into my mouth! That slap hurt I can tell you!

Respects

Rod

OMG ! We have those creepy crawlies here in Kentucky ! I just got chills thinking about it. 

BTW, awesome story !

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-29-2020, 07:23 PM)LSU2018 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 04:40 PM)Rodinus Wrote: Yep, that's marriage for you!

We have these insects called Scutigéres over here in France (House centipedes)

From Spring until end of October we have these things scurrying from time to time on the walls of our house.

They can bite (rarely) and one night I woke up with one half way into my mouth! That slap hurt I can tell you!

Respects

Rod

Dead... I would've been dead... I would have shit, pissed, puked, burped, and farted all over the place. No. Nuh-uh. Hell no man, no way. Only thing worse would have been a spider or roach going into my mouth. I'll kill, peel, and grill a snake all day long (They wander up from the back of my land all the time), I'll take on a wolf or a robber any day. I'll hunt or fish, I'll do any of that man shit. But if THAT son of a bitch in your picture crawls into my mouth, or a spider or a big waterbug roach, I'll burn the fucking house down to kill it. (excuse the dirty language)

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15722930]
Feeling squeamish?

This is a French bloke playing with his pet house centipede :

I found another one in the kitchen sink this morning (about 5 cm long) and managed to capture it with a glass after chasing the bastard around the sink and eventually feeding it to our bearded dragon... "OM NOM NOM NOM"

Kindest respects

Rod
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(06-29-2020, 11:19 PM)727Sky Wrote: Many years ago an Airforce guy hand an engine failure either in northern Canada or southern Alaska.  The ejection was uneventful and he parachuted safely uninjured. It was night time, foggy, and deep wilderness where he landed so SAR could not get to him. The next morning after the fog burned off they found his body...he was dead..

He had gone into a nearby lake and covered himself with mud trying to keep the mosquito's from devouring him. He died of hyperthermia ... Horrible way to die.

Ouch!
(06-29-2020, 10:10 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 08:55 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 04:40 PM)Rodinus Wrote: We have these insects called Scutigéres over here in France (House centipedes)

Respects

Rod

We have those in the US too. I've never seen any here where I live now, but I used to see them a lot when we lived in Kansas City. I don't know what they are called here, but I call them "gozillion legged death bugs from hell". Look to me like a mad scientist experiment crossing centipedes and spiders gone horribly wrong.

I used an aerosol can of hair spray and a bic lighter as a makeshift flamed thrower to kill them.

The normal centipedes that live here where I am now are bad enough. Thank God the giant Huntsman spiders keep them in check!  tinysurprised

I think they are called house centipedes.

A quick search will tell you they are the bugs you want to have around, because they eat other bugs like spiders, roaches, silverfish, and even termites.

I have learned to make friends with some critters,  like lizards, frogs, and snakes. Because their dinners are my enemy.  It looks like this fellow will be spared the shoe in the future.

As long as he stays way from me. Touch me and it is toast.
You are right (As I bracketed in my original post) : House centipedes.

They actually are pretty useful but still horribly creepy and crawly...

Each time I manage to catch one they go straight into the gob of our bearded dragon.

YUK...