Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monet's Pond/Koi Fish
Heart 
Come sit with me by the pond and we shall dream of wondrous things.
So beautiful and serene. 

A golfing friend just completed a huge fish pond with waterfall and beautiful landscaping... The pond, filters, and rocks etc etc were  close to $15,000 and some of the Japanese fish were over $300 each !! My wife says, "he can not even eat the fish" !!! hahaha very practical woman my wife !! hahaha

I like playing him golf for he has more money than sense... but I have to admit it is nice sitting around watching the fish do fish stuff. 

Reminds me of another time when I was doing some diving in the Red Sea... There was a Puffer fish paying me no mind so I reached out and touched his butt.. He/she turned around and gave me the biggest go to hell looks you can imagine.. Fish are neater in their own environment instead of gasping for breath when we catch them and bring them out of the water.. 

Anyway beautiful vid thanks.
Sky's tale reminds me of another time in my past and sadly, it's less beautiful and serene as Night Star's video.

Just outside of the town I live in and next to a road that takes you northwards to where Bonnie Gordi awaits, there
was a pond hidden by tall hawthorn bushes and where only those in-the-know knew of its location.

Of course, boys who rarely went home in the daylight hours often learn of the secrets of adults and with time -that
stuff every kid believes they have in abundance, such covert information can swiftly become common currency in
their ignored world.

This pond had one difference to the other rivers and flooded quarries that also tolerated tossed-away bread-bags
and snagged hooks, it held an occupier that -once I learned of his existence, swam from the murky shadows of its
lair and often visited my dreams.

The pond was named 'The Cop Pond' and from the older boys who sometimes handed down to the ranks of a gang,
the remains of their white-hot-tipped cigarettes, we were told it was due to a group of Policemen who owned
the body of water.
True or not, this knowledge was from a higher standing than oneself and who could also beat you senseless in front
of your peers. Ergo, it was taken as fact.

There was another piece of alleged classified intelligence that was imparted from the Elders who had girlfriends
and knew about something called 'fucking'. Listening with bated-breath and scraped knees, we became aware of
a monster, a leviathan of the pond that was so dastardly, boys of a certain age were guaranteed to be on its menu.
They named the Devil of the deep, it was called 'Caesar'.

The back-stories of how such a beast came to be trapped in such a small filthy pool were many. A crazed angler
had caught the young Pike -because that was the nearest fish it could be compared to, and fed it raw meat until a
time he delivered it as revenge for an unknown crime, unto the dark waters of the Cop Pond.
No doubt, the transfer was performed under moonlight.

The Police themselves were also blamed. A scheme had been hatched to breed a 'super-Pike', A fish so malevolent,
that regular fishermen would avoid the pond and leave the best catches for the group of constabulary who supposedly
owned the property.
Any straying youngster who ventured too close to the pond were seen as a mere collateral benefit... would-be adult
thieves taken out before their prime.

Caesar was big, nine-feet in length and impossible to land. The odd angler we did see sitting amongst old truck tyres
and rusted oil-drums would relate accounts of failure to haul such a brute even to the surface. One or two had said they'd
witnessed it's vast shadow passing through the shallows near the edge and added that it wasn't too-long after, they would
pack away their equipment and leave.
Such was the power of Caesar.

But time swims in larger waters and so the land was eventually purchased by a commercial haulage company. The pond
was filled-in and the nightmare-tales of my youth faded. Females have their own type of fishing and just like the few roach
and perch that avoided Caesar's wake, we -older now, swam to their alluring hooks.

It would be a full twenty years until I overheard a conversation between two men in a local Public House regarding the fate
of that small pond and its abhorrent tenant. A talk over a beer that made me smile and order another brew.
Caesar was alive.

Under the cloud of tobacco smoke, the one wearing a flat-cap said he knew it to be true because he was there as the
trucks tumbled their aggregate into the Cop Pond and caused it's circumference to reduce. He saw the huge gouts of
tossed water and the awful thrashing as the pond became smaller and Caesar came to realise it was trapped.

Stubbing out his cigarette, the stranger stated that he was witness to an event where several uniformed men arrived with
a net and a reversing Police van. Daring to save the monstrous resident of their equity, these men waded into the remains
of the pond and apprehended the frantically splashing carnivorous fish.

The fight took almost an hour -he said. Injuries were numerous, but gumption overrode dread, he added. Eventually, with
both sides exhausted, the team of unidentified Officers carried Caesar towards the vehicle and within minutes, the area
was quiet and what was left of the pond went silent.

"But where did they take him?" -his fellow imbiber asked with wide-eyes and in my heart I awarded the man with first-prize
for acumen. Where indeed?

Of course, this yarn cannot end without a mystery and so with a second cigarette set ablaze, the gent-in-the-know leaned
closer to his friend. Like a mirror, I -too bent towards the answer.

"Some say he went to a laboratory for experiments, some say he resides in the stone quarry just north of us here and some
say he was released into the municipal pond in the local park" he whispered like a modern-day Guido Fawkes accepting the
incendiary lucifers of plot.

His companion's eyes became tea-saucers as the realisation crept upon him, Caesar could be -even as they drank and
spoke, deliberating on the frolicking child ignoring it's mother's caution and licking it's heinous lips with anticipation.
Like a wolf among the flock of sheep, the deadly predator was out there awaiting an unsuspecting meal and nobody knew.
Nobody but us, eh?
Caesar is alive.

I'll never wear a life-jacket again.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-30-2020, 09:52 AM)727Sky Wrote: Reminds me of another time when I was doing some diving in the Red Sea... There was a Puffer fish paying me no mind so I reached out and touched his butt.. He/she turned around and gave me the biggest go to hell looks you can imagine.
LOL ... you're lucky you weren't attacked.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(06-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 09:52 AM)727Sky Wrote: Reminds me of another time when I was doing some diving in the Red Sea... There was a Puffer fish paying me no mind so I reached out and touched his butt.. He/she turned around and gave me the biggest go to hell looks you can imagine.

I carried a big long spear gun for the sharks and huge Eels that were bigger than my legs. I only used the gun to push them away if they got to friendly for I did not want blood in the water.

Beautiful but deadly the Red Sea is/was. I was young bold and stupid for I dove many times by myself..
(06-30-2020, 01:14 PM)727Sky Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Snarl Wrote:

I carried a big long spear gun for the sharks and huge Eels that were bigger than my legs. I only used the gun to push them away if they got to friendly for I did not want blood in the water.

Beautiful but deadly the Red Sea is/was. I was young bold and stupid for I dove many times by myself..

I wanted to try spear fishing for a while, but then I watch this shit.  Nope.

[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(06-30-2020, 09:52 AM)727Sky Wrote: A golfing friend just completed a huge fish pond with waterfall and beautiful landscaping... The pond, filters, and rocks etc etc were  close to $15,000 and some of the Japanese fish were over $300 each !! My wife says, "he can not even eat the fish" !!! hahaha very practical woman my wife !! hahaha

I like playing him golf for he has more money than sense... but I have to admit it is nice sitting around watching the fish do fish stuff. 

Reminds me of another time when I was doing some diving in the Red Sea... There was a Puffer fish paying me no mind so I reached out and touched his butt.. He/she turned around and gave me the biggest go to hell looks you can imagine.. Fish are neater in their own environment instead of gasping for breath when we catch them and bring them out of the water.. 

Anyway beautiful vid thanks.

Wow, your friend's pond and waterfall sounds gorgeous! I can imagine sitting there for hours. 

HA, you touched a puffer fish's butt! Bahahaha!  tinylaughing
@"BIAD" , I was quite entertained by hearing the stories of Caesar.  That was a great read! minusculeclap
@"727Sky",  Yikes, I'm too much of a wimp to go diving. With my luck, my air tank would malfunction.  tinywhat
@"Schmoe1",  I was at the edge of my seat watching the shark video. I can see why you changed your mind. LOL
(06-30-2020, 08:51 AM)Night Star Wrote: Come sit with me by the pond and we shall dream of wondrous things.
So beautiful and serene. 

Beautiful vid Night, Music has a nice Medieval or Old folk vibe to it tinycool
(06-30-2020, 07:50 PM)Night Star Wrote: @"Schmoe1",  I was at the edge of my seat watching the shark video. I can see why you changed your mind. LOL

First time I watched it I felt like I was there, I was biting my nails lol.  He was very wise to stick near that rock ledge, I'm very glad he didn't attempt to surface.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
Heart 
@"Moonmagic", Glad you enjoyed it. I love your posting name and avatar!
(06-30-2020, 08:51 AM)Night Star Wrote: Come sit with me by the pond and we shall dream of wondrous things.
So beautiful and serene. 

Thank you so much.
That looks lovely. Thought about a pond myself  But the herons would have a field day  minusculebiggrin
Thank you for posting this. It was so relaxing watching the video and listening to the music. Quite beautiful.

Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I was in the Navy and stationed in Yokosuka Japan 1985-1987. I saw a few of these lovely koi ponds in different locations in Japan. I could stand around for hours watching the beautiful fish. Better than any aquarium.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Relax and Meditate and Heal.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]