Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'll Show You Mine... If You Show Me Yours!
Fellow Rogues...

It struck me that our very own little Rogue Nation is in itself, a very diverse International Community.

We may come together via this humble website, but we hail from many different cultures, nationalities and locations around the globe (across the plane if you're a Flat-Earther!).

This interests me very much, and in these recent times of lock-down due to the Global Coronavirus Pandemic 2020, I began to think... What better time to travel with our minds, to take a break from the Doom & Gloom, the viruses, pandemics, and the politics... and to spread our wings in flights of fancy.... (or fantasy?) to the far-away lands that our fellow Rogues call "Home" (when not skulking around these hallowed halls!)?

As many of you will know, I hail from Bonny Scotland.

Which geographically is the most Northerly 1/3rd of mainland Britain with a few thousand islands thrown in for good measure.
Scotland is famed for its amazing natural beauty and its warm & hearty welcome.
It is a small country, but boasts a huge variety of climates and habitats, from white sandy beaches, through ancient forests and sweeping lowland/grassland hills & valleys, to majestic & rugged Highland mountains and glens, with vibrant Cities & Towns contrasting sleepy rural villages.

It enjoys a long and proud history, with ancient standing stones (older than Stonehenge), medieval castles & keeps, battles-a-plenty, and a strong, vibrant cultural identity. World-renowned food & drink, entertainment, sport....
I could go on and on.....
BUT I think I'll let some video footage do the talking.

Here is my land.
This is Scotland.
I'll show you mine,
Now, Show me Yours!

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
England here, born and raised in Yorkshire, live sandwiched between Yorkshire and Lincolnshire now.

We talk funny apparently. Famous for Yorkshire puddings (drools) and our no nonsense but fun chatter/attitude

I guess we could say that where I live and the North is similar to how Southern states and people are talked about in America, it's just the reverse of North/South here. Generalizing.

Anyways I couldn't find much but ....

I was raised in the foothills of the beautiful Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, USA.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvisitcherokeenc.com%2Fus...f=1&nofb=1]

We had all kinds of critters in the forests surrounding my childhood home. I think we even had a Bigfoot at one time, but that's another story.

The Smoky Mountains attracts thousands of tourists each year. Dolly Parton has several attractions in Piegon Forge, and Gatlinburg offers cabins in the mountains and many things to do in it's small town shops.

This is the tram at Ober Gatlinburg that offers rides to view breath-taking views of the surrounding mountains:

[Image: TRam-header-cc-1-1536x576.jpg]

Piegon Forge is nestled in a valley amid majestic mountains. It's more of a tourist town with shops, theaters for live shows, child attractions, water slides, and lots of other fun things to do.
This city experienced a devastating fire that made world news a couple of years ago. They have just about recovered, I think.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cdn.tripadvisor.c...f=1&nofb=1]

Dollywood is separate from the town, but very close by. Dollywood is a major attraction for the Smoky Mountains all by itself. It recently opened the longest and highest roller coaster in the world (or maybe the country ?), called Wild Eagle.
The number of things to do at Dollywood are too numerous to mention.
Dolly has  live shows all year round, and even makes surprise appearances herself from time to time, but she always has a Christmas show where she performs.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fblog.dollywood.com%2Fwp...f=1&nofb=1]

Along the road going from Gatlinburg to Piegon Forge you can visit Cades Cove, which offers a beautiful scenic drive through a time forgotten, showing homes of days gone by, beautiful green fields, and if you're lucky, you'll see deer, bears, and wild turkey. They offer horses for those who wish to rent one for the hour, day, etc.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F2oxg30wj5i43omj954e30yb...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.fineartamerica.c...f=1&nofb=1][Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gannett-cdn.com%2F-...f=1&nofb=1]

I know how lucky I am to live so close to all this beauty, and I have never taken it for granted. It has given me the food for my soul that it so desperately needs in times like we're seeing now.
If you have never experienced this type of peace, you need to make your next vacation destination be The Great Smoky Mountains; the land I love.
According to my DNA, most of my ancestry hails from Greater London, Dublin, and Galway. But my ancestors came here in the early 1700's before the United States existed. 

[Image: 66322f9c0fd946bf9ea1216d7e832e9c.jpg]

[Image: ireland-dublin-day-trips-cliffs-of-moher.jpg]

[Image: Connemara-National-Park.jpg]

[Image: 87512122.jpg]

[Image: Skyline-London-Golden-Gallery-dome-west-...est-St.jpg]

The rest of Greater London is too citified for me... 

I reside in a tiny little town. If the shart ever hits the fan, my land will keep my family fed. 

[Image: 10012864_10201432626490368_6578170251547...e=5F19316A]

Here's the road heading away from my house. 
[Image: IMAG0456_zpscf813b7e.jpg]
The Goonies R good enough
China Born and raised.
[Image: HERO%201920x540%20Asia-China.jpg?h=7e48d...k=cgYxOFmF][Image: china-forbidden-city-imperial-palace.jpg][Image: china-attractions-zhangjiajie-national-f...k.jpg-.jpg][Image: china-attractions.jpg]
Now I live with my husband in Phoenix, Arizona.
Just think HOT and HELL from midnight to midnight the next day during 8 months of summer.
[Image: 4-29+arizona+heatwave.PNG] That is 5:01 AM
[Image: balloooons.png][Image: c3fa02c22ecc9037134594aadee84b69-300x197.jpg]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Well, I was born in Alaska, thanks to the Army, but my parents moved back to Michigan when I was very young.
[Image: OIP.HBWQ4LZZiViXJrdKiwTGvgHaEK?w=296&h=1...25&pid=1.7]
I live almost right in the middle of the mitten, but lived in several places around it when I was younger.

It is a beautiful state, with so much to do, all year.  Not a big fan of snow, but the other 3 seasons are worth being here.
We do have the Detroit lions, so we deserve much sympathy.  
There really is something for everyone here.
(06-23-2020, 08:47 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Well, I was born in Alaska, thanks to the Army, but my parents moved back to Michigan when I was very young.
[Image: OIP.HBWQ4LZZiViXJrdKiwTGvgHaEK?w=296&h=1...25&pid=1.7]
I live almost right in the middle of the mitten, but lived in several places around it when I was younger.

It is a beautiful state, with so much to do, all year.  Not a big fan of snow, but the other 3 seasons are worth being here.
We do have the Detroit lions, so we deserve much sympathy.  
There really is something for everyone here.

Do you have vampires that come out at night over there in the rural areas?
The Goonies R good enough
[Image: 8wQXbYr.jpg]

I've spent my life on the outskirts of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Living in Quebec, where we fully experience the four seasons, has always been a charm. Montreal is diverse in cultures and languages. Even though we are under a French regime - contrary to the rest of Canada which is English - you can pretty much find suburbs of different cultures here and there. Little Italy, Chinatown and so on.

Travelers from around the world enjoy coming to Montreal, because of our warmth, our sense of camaraderie. The Old Port of Montreal is a joy to discover, as it has a feel of Europe along with a touch of pure Quebec lineage.

[Image: V7FocqN.jpg]

And if you really look around, you can catch a few artistic touches that are hidden here and there, like this mural of Leonard Cohen - painted on the side of a building wall - after he passed.

[Image: kg1d0PS.jpg]

Oh...it's also where Captain Kirk was born. Yep, the Shat (the original Kirk) was born here..

Oh...and the Montreal Canadiens! OK...they were glorious at one point lol...

Great thread idea, @"gordi" !!
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Bump!  Show us where you're from. We'd like to get to know our new members.   tinybiggrin
I'm a gypsy.

Mixed race, mixed parents, mixed cultures.

Army brat, company brat, military career myself.

My wife is my home.  For over 30 years she has put up with my shit and craziness.

She is my home, my sun.

I'm just a lumpy little rock orbiting her.

Edit to add;

I've lived in Hong Kong, US (everywhere), UK (London, Ipswich), Germany.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-24-2020, 01:02 AM)beez Wrote: I'm a gypsy.

My wife is my home.  For over 30 years she has put up with my shit and craziness.

She is my home, my sun.

Edit to add;

You're Still Our little Cute Bunny. tinylaughing
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-24-2020, 01:02 AM)beez Wrote: I'm a gypsy.

She is my home, my sun.

Edit to add;

Are tou the Beezer from ATS from years ago [  ASKING FOR A FRIEND ]
I am the droid you've been searching for.

tinybiggrin
-Abraham Lincoln
So, no fancy pictures yet, dealing with an almost broke foot and pain meds, but Gordi, know of any doyle's ? Supposedly my ancestry places us from scotland and were vikings that invaded there and eventually assimilated with the people. Wonder if it's true. 

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-24-2020, 01:22 AM)beez Wrote: I am the droid you've been searching for.

tinybiggrin

Great to find you again Beez you make me lol minusculebeercheers
Born in the USA, raised in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Arizona, Oklahoma, British Columbia, Yukon Territory.

When I came back from overseas I lived in Florida, Texas, Oklahoma again, Colorado.

I was always looking in the USA for something that reminded me of the best times of my childhood... like a BC in the States.

So when the time was right I settled down in western Montana.

A quiet place with not a lot of people.

[Image: glacier+national+park+montana+mountains+...age%2Fjpeg]

[Image: OC08BeartoothMountainsPD.jpg]

[Image: DSexton_MissionMountainsBB1edit.png]

[Image: Summer-2009-Clark-Fork-River-019.JPG]

tinycool
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

(06-24-2020, 01:37 AM)Stoner William Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 01:22 AM)beez Wrote: I am the droid you've been searching for.

tinybiggrin

Great to find you again Beez you make me lol minusculebeercheers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Glad your here.

Have fun!
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-24-2020, 01:02 AM)beez Wrote: My wife is my home....

PICS or it didn't happen!!!

tinylaughing
(06-24-2020, 01:24 AM)kdog Wrote: So, no fancy pictures yet, dealing with an almost broke foot and pain meds, but Gordi, know of any doyle's ? Supposedly my ancestry places us from scotland and were vikings that invaded there and eventually assimilated with the people. Wonder if it's true. 

minusculebeercheers

YES!

(Just across the water, on the Emerald Isle...)

In RL...?
I'll have to have a wee think about it.

G
(06-24-2020, 01:40 AM)Lumenari Wrote: Born in the USA, raised in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Arizona, Oklahoma, British Columbia, Yukon Territory.

When I came back from overseas I lived in Florida, Texas, Oklahoma again, Colorado.

I was always looking in the USA for something that reminded me of the best times of my childhood... like a BC in the States.

So when the time was right I settled down in western Montana.

A quiet place with not a lot of people....

tinycool

BEAUTIFUL images @"Lumenari"
Breathtaking.
Thank You.
G