Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wings In The Night
I'm bringing over some of my posts from ATS I made years ago, just to save the post without having to download the entire thread.
This is one of those stories. I hope you enjoy it.

I have a true story to share with you, but before you reply, I would appreciate it if you would read the source text I have provided on page two.
I didn't have a camera at age 10 to take pictures or record the sound of this thing; all I have is my word that this is true.
Take it, or leave it; It Happened!

My Story:

There was a creature that used to run past my window when I was around the age of 10 years old. My bedroom was on one end of the house and my parents bedroom was on the other end, with my sister's room in the middle.

During the winter of 1967 (?) a creature of some type would start running at the other end of the house (at my parents bedroom), and run past the three bedrooms.
When it reached my window it sounded like it took flight with very large wings. I could hear them flapping as it went airborne.
As it ran it sounded like horse hooves, but only with two legs, which was very loud!
I never could figure out why my parents and sister were never awakened by it. Later on during my research I discovered that ETs, (or the military) have a frequency they can use to keep people asleep.)

The sound it made when it screamed (if this was it) was unlike anything the old-timers in the area had ever heard! They had heard panthers, bobcats, etc. all their lives, and they said this was not a cat or anything they had ever heard! To me it sounded exactly like a pteranodon! (Like the sound the movies give it.)

[Image: da5166aae1.jpg]

I never did look out my window to see what it was; I was too frightened! I also felt like it knew I was there... and it was there because of me.

The adults in the area were afraid to go outside at night, and my parents wouldn't allow me to play outside during the day. They, too, had heard the screams in the woods.

Also, another interesting fact: My neighbor had a pig sliced open on it's belly during this time with only the liver missing! He said the cut was smooth, like it could have been a very sharp knife. ( Probably the creature's razor-sharp claws! )

The "visitations" happened every night for several weeks or more.
One night when there was snow on the ground, I got lucky and saw where it had left footprints in the snow. They were shaped like a bird, sort of; about a foot long or more, with three long appendages in front and one going out in the back. I showed the footprints to my sister and she was flabbergasted!
I don't remember sharing that information with my parents.... they already thought I was nuts anyway! Ha!

Now, I have come across this information where others have described a similar creature, and I have to wonder...

(cont'd on pg. 2)
Source:www.thecrowhouse.com...

Author, Maxwell Igan, states:

Quote:" Frank Mellard was the Chief Magistrate for the Kasempa district of Northern Rhodesia from 1911 until 1922 and also a respected scholar and explorer. In one section of his book he describes a tribe of natives known as the ‘Kaonde’ who live in the Jiundu swamps in North-West Zambia reporting that the tribe lived in fear of a terrifying winged monster that inhabited the depths of a nearby section of swamp. The natives called the beast a ‘Kongomato’ which means ‘the overwhelmer of boats’ and they describe the creature as not being so much like a bird, but rather more like a huge lizard but with large membranous wings that spanned around 4 to 7 feet, similar looking to those of a bat. They say it has no plumage and leathery skin, reddish in colour. The natives told Mellard that they believed it has a beak that also contained teeth but readily admitted that no-one had actually seen it close enough to be really sure and lived to tell any tales about it." There are a number of other explorers who have lent corroboration to Mellards’ strange tale of flying beasts from Zambia too."

An interesting comment is made by A. Blayney Percival in his book entitled, [i]‘A Game Warden on Safari’[/i] that was published in 1928. When writing of a conversation he had with some local natives in Kenya, Blayney states:
Quote:“… the Kitui Wakumba tell of a huge flying beast which comes down from Mount Kenya by night; they only see it against the sky, but they have seen its tracks; more, they have shown these to a white man, who told me about them, saying, he could make nothing of the spoor, which betrayed two feet and an, apparently, heavy tail.”

Another tale containing similarities to Mallards’ story were also recorded in ‘A Game Warden Takes Stock’ by Colonel C.R.S. Pittman published in 1942:
Quote:“When in Northern Rhodesia I heard of a mythical beast which intrigued me considerably. It was said to haunt formerly, and perhaps still to haunt, a dense, swampy forest region in the neighbourhood of the Angola and Congo borders. To look upon it is death. But the most amazing feature of this mystery beast is its suggested identity with a creature bat-bird-like in form on a gigantic scale strangely reminiscent of the prehistoric pterodactyl. From whence does the primitive African derive such a fanciful idea?”

THE EVIDENCE:

Quote:Even America has its fair share of similar tales. As a point of interest, the largest pteranodon skeleton ever found was retrieved in fossil form, from Big Bend National Park in North America. The creature sported a wingspan of an impressive 51 feet making it the largest flying reptile remains ever found. A number of Pterodon remains have been retrieved from the Big Bend area so we know they inhabited the area once and another interesting fact is that almost every Indian tribe in continental America, both north and South all have tribal legends of flying monsters. According Hatcher-Childress in ‘Lost Cities…’ many have stories of: “…a gigantic flying monsters.

AND, MORE RECENTLY:

Quote:Firstly, on December 24th in 1975 a man, by the name of Joe Suarez, woke up to find his tethered goat had been ripped to shreds and partial devoured yet strangely, no tracks could be found that led either led to or from the carcass. What had killed the animal was a total mystery to the man. Local police were called but could also find no trace of tracks or footprints to identify the unknown assailant. Then, 21 days later, at 10.30 in the evening, on January 14th, 1976, and in the same town a young man called Armando Grimaldo was sitting with his Mother in their backyard when he was suddenly attacked viciously by a ‘strange winged creature.’ Armando apparently told the Raymondville press that as he walked around to the far side of the house, he felt something with big claws grab him from behind and that he looked back to see what it was then began running for his life, claiming it to be the most scared he has ever been. Armando kept running to reach the cover of his Mothers house, stumbling and sprawling as the beast kept clutching at his clothes and trying to get hold of him as he ran. Unable to reach the house, he was forced to dive under a low bush to escape the creature, his clothes now all but torn to shreds. The beast hovered about the bush a little and then flew off panting as if tired from the exertion. Eventually the boy collapsed through the door of his Mothers house and onto the floor, his clothes torn and bloodied muttering ‘bird’ over and over again in Spanish. He was taken to hospital and treated for minor wounds and shock before being later released. Armando Grimaldo describes his attacker as being about 6 feet tall, blackish-brown leathery skin, a wingspan of 10 to 12 feet and large red eyes.

And, we continue with more...

Quote:A short time later, on that very same night, on the outskirts of the nearby town of Brownsville, which is also on the Rio Grande, a creature exactly matching its description crashed into the side of a mobile-home owned by a Mr. Alverico Guajardo. He quickly went outside to investigate the incident and noticed a large creature of some kind on the ground next to his wall. So he got inside his station-wagon and flicked on his headlights for a better look. Guajardo described what as saw as looking like ‘a creature from hell.’ The beast was apparently startled by the lights because, according to Guajardo, as soon as his headlights struck the creature it rose up from the ground turning to glare at him with huge red eyes and began making ‘a horrible sounding noise in its throat.” He reports that the creature then continued regarding him menacingly for 2 or 3 minutes with its wings drawn up and ‘wrapped around its shoulders’ before slowly backing out of the light and disappearing into the night. He says that the beast was truly terrifying and at the time, he was almost paralysed with fear at the sight of it. In January of 1976, another bizarre incident was reported by two sisters named Deany and Libby Ford who saw what they described as a “Huge and strange, big black bird” at a pond just outside of Brownsville, Texas. The sisters say that the creature was as tall as they were and had a face like a bat. When they were later show a book containing pictures of prehistoric animals both sisters identified the creature they had seen as being a Pterodon.

Igan states, "These are just some sightings that have been reported. There have been quite a number of other
sightings of similar creatures in many other places around the world as well, places as diverse as
Africa, North and South America, Sumatra and even in France, England and New Zealand."

Could it be possible that some of these creatures managed to survive in the more remote and inaccessible regions even until the 20th Century?

According to Igan, there is absolutely no conclusive evidence at all, to prove that
the chronology of 65 million years is in any way correct for the extinction of the species and
further evidence that even suggests that the event may have in fact occurred a good deal more
recently than any Palaeontologist who values his doctorate would ever care to admit.

Did a Pterodon visit me? I think so.
Land Beasts are scary, but for some reason the Idea of Creatures or Monsters (as my imagination likes to think) Either capable of flight or in the water, absolutely terrifies me!

Reminds me of those Old photos of people with that ''Thunderbird'', I have no idea if they were ever debunked? but they were fascinating and also a little chilly to look at.

I can't even imagine the terror a 10 year old would feel, seeing and hearing what you did. I had a lot of paranormal experiences growing up, and I know how that made me feel, though the end result was Desensitization.
I take people at there word for what they say they experienced, unless there are obvious holes or people trolling. It isn't easy relaying a story when you know some people will probably ridicule you or dismiss it off the bat.

We are all here for the weird and strange, or we wouldn't be here in the first place.
Personally for Cryptid's  I like his site.
Ben Miller
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]