Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FBF 2020] Sampling
Dimensional Phasing:

Dimensional Phasing was not hard to do. Instead of the normal one plus percent penetration we use to travel via the BULK in our dimensional universe, when going to a different dimension, you actually had to do almost a 5% penetration into the Bulk boundary. Once there, you had to know which frequency to select for your desired destination. This had all been figured out long ago by the USSB droids or otherwise dimensional travel would be a hit and miss affair with no guarantee of ever returning home.

We had a Que message to Phase to a planet in this dimension that USSB wanted us to personally survey. That right there is unusual as Droids usually handle the mundane surveys while Tiki (our sentient ship) and us are reserved for doing a flag waving missions which consist of us flying around with our lights on just to let the locals see us and wonder. Exploring a system that the Droids had not touched or been to was one of our specialties so we all thought this was a strange request as this planet had been Droid mapped and surveyed long ago.

Layla my pair bond mate, our two grown children, Fhaa and Sky (and of course Tiki the wondership) watched and waited for the survey to be completed by the multiple droids we has sent out for another planet wide survey; the Droids would report to back to Tiki and everything would be sent back to USSB Main. We then got down to the business of creating a one way dialog with the Sentient Beings of this planet without being to intrusive.

This was a cold world in the mist of a global ice age where the few creatures remaining alive were huge; they needed to be as the snow was compacted ice in most cases. The few remaining Sentient beings stood around 5 feet tall and walked mostly on their hind legs. They were covered in fur and their feet were huge and reminded me of some kind of fluffy Bunny feet only on a giant scale.

We found two individuals who were out by themselves so we had Tiki tractor beam them onboard. They were not fighting the restraint of the force field even when Tiki placed them on the two examination tables she had just grown and created for our purposes. Fhaa drew blood and fur samples from both individuals as we examined their bodies. We had retrieved one male and one female which had planned on going to a settlement just a few miles away to visit family/litter mates. Layla had found this out when she, 'with her considerable telepathic capabilities' got into both their minds and basically read their entire lives, dreams  and wishes.

This planet was dying along with the inhabitants simply because the cold was unrelenting. What could be dug up to eat by by these creatures was just about exhausted or frozen over solidly and unrecoverable. 

Our two Sentient life forms were vegetarian as were all their kind so we now understood why USSB had wanted us to do a sampling. They did have fire for warmth but even creating a fire was getting extremely hard to do as what trees that had once existed on this continent were either buried under deep thick ice and snow or had already been used to make a fire by past generations. Some of the huge herbivorous animal's dried dung was being used for kindling and making fires but they too were dying out rapidly. The prognoses for this planet and all land dwelling creatures was not good.

I asked Tiki to send an emergency Que message to USSB asking if we could move the planet only 38 million miles closer to their Red-M dwarf sun.

The answer was, “No we do not interfere.” Which pissed my human brain off but I understood.

There are countless Sentient Beings in the multiverse who either thrive or perish in some cataclysmic event either of their own making or what some would consider a natural event. We are here to save this race by retrieving their DNA and one day by USSB discretion these Fluffy Feet entities' descendants will walk on a new world that USSB will seed.

We had all we needed so Tiki tractor beamed the two individuals just outside the place they were intending to go in the first place. They were mind wiped so other than thinking they made good time to their destination they would not have a story to tell their litter mates.

The End
(06-22-2020, 09:53 AM)727Sky Wrote: Dimensional Phasing:

Dimensional Phasing was not hard to do. Instead of the normal one plus percent penetration we use to travel via the BULK in our dimensional universe, when going to a different dimension, you actually had to do almost a 5% penetration into the Bulk boundary. Once there, you had to know which frequency to select for your desired destination. This had all been figured out long ago by the USSB droids or otherwise dimensional travel would be a hit and miss affair with no guarantee of ever returning home.

We had a Que message to Phase to a planet in this dimension that USSB wanted us to to personally survey. That right there is unusual as Droids usually handle the mundane surveys while Tiki (our sentient ship) and us are reserved for doing a flag waving missions which consist of us flying around with our lights on just to let the locals see us and wonder. Exploring a system that the Droids had not touched or been to was one of our specialties so we all thought this was a strange request as this planet had been Droid mapped and surveyed long ago.

Layla my pair bond mate, our two grown children, Fhaa and Sky (and of course Tiki the wondership) watched and waited for the survey to be completed by the multiple droids we has sent out for another planet wide survey; the Droids would report to back to Tiki and everything would be sent back to USSB Main. We then got down to the business of creating a one way dialog with the Sentient Beings without being to intrusive.

This was a cold world in the mist of a global ice age where the few creatures remaining alive were huge; they needed to be as the snow was compacted ice in most cases. The few remaining Sentient beings stood around 5 feet tall and walked mostly on their hind legs. They were covered in fur and their feet were huge and reminded me of some kind of fluffy Bunny feet only on a giant scale.

We found two individuals who were out by themselves and had Tiki tractor beam them onboard. They were not fighting the restraint of the force field even when Tiki placed them on the two examination tables she had just grown and created for our purposes. Fhaa drew blood and fur samples from both individuals as we examined their bodies. We had retrieved one male and one female which had planned on going to a settlement just a few miles away to visit family/litter mates. Layla had found this out when she with her considerable telepathic capabilities got into both their heads and basically read their entire lives and wishes.

This planet was dying along with the inhabitants simply because the cold was unrelenting. What could be dug up to eat by by the creatures was just about exhausted or frozen over solidly and unrecoverable. Our two Sentient life forms were vegetarian as were all their kind so we now understood why USSB had wanted us to do a sampling. They did have fire for warmth but even creating a fire was getting extremely hard to do as what trees that had once existed on this continent were either buried under deep thick ice and snow or had already been used to make a fire by past generations. Some of the huge herbivorous animal's dried dung was being used for kindling and making fires but they too were dying out rapidly. The prognoses for this planet and all land dwelling creatures was not good.

I asked Tiki to send an emergency Que message to USSB asking if we could move the planet only 38 million miles closer to their Red-M dwarf sun.

The answer was, “No we do not interfere.” Which pissed my human brain off but I understood.

There are countless Sentient Beings in the multiverse who either thrive or perish in some cataclysmic event either of their own making or what some would consider a natural event. We are here to save this race by retrieving their DNA and one day by USSB discretion these Fluffy Feet entities' descendants will walk on a new world that USSB will seed.

We had all we needed so Tiki tractor beamed the two individuals just outside the place they were intending to go in the first place. They were mind wiped so other than thinking they made good time to their destination they would not have a story to tell their litter mates.

The End

minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-22-2020, 11:25 PM)guohua Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 09:53 AM)727Sky Wrote: Dimensional Phasing:

We had a Que message to Phase to a planet in this dimension that USSB wanted us to to personally survey. That right there is unusual as Droids usually handle the mundane surveys while Tiki (our sentient ship) and us are reserved for doing a flag waving missions which consist of us flying around with our lights on just to let the locals see us and wonder. Exploring a system that the Droids had not touched or been to was one of our specialties so we all thought this was a strange request as this planet had been Droid mapped and surveyed long ago.

Layla my pair bond mate, our two grown children, Fhaa and Sky (and of course Tiki the wondership) watched and waited for the survey to be completed by the multiple droids we has sent out for another planet wide survey; the Droids would report to back to Tiki and everything would be sent back to USSB Main. We then got down to the business of creating a one way dialog with the Sentient Beings without being to intrusive.

We found two individuals who were out by themselves and had Tiki tractor beam them onboard. They were not fighting the restraint of the force field even when Tiki placed them on the two examination tables she had just grown and created for our purposes. Fhaa drew blood and fur samples from both individuals as we examined their bodies. We had retrieved one male and one female which had planned on going to a settlement just a few miles away to visit family/litter mates. Layla had found this out when she with her considerable telepathic capabilities got into both their heads and basically read their entire lives and wishes.

This planet was dying along with the inhabitants simply because the cold was unrelenting. What could be dug up to eat by by the creatures was just about exhausted or frozen over solidly and unrecoverable. Our two Sentient life forms were vegetarian as were all their kind so we now understood why USSB had wanted us to do a sampling. They did have fire for warmth but even creating a fire was getting extremely hard to do as what trees that had once existed on this continent were either buried under deep thick ice and snow or had already been used to make a fire by past generations. Some of the huge herbivorous animal's dried dung was being used for kindling and making fires but they too were dying out rapidly. The prognoses for this planet and all land dwelling creatures was not good.

The End

minusculeclap

Thank you for reading and commenting  minusculebeercheers  we now have some new members that have the gift so the competition has got a much higher ladder...I am not sure these old bones can climb any higher !! tinyhuh
A weird déjà-vu feeling. Extremely well written !!!
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
As you told me a long time ago, we know the topic but have no idea where the story is going to go in other writer's heads.

It has always been a pleasure reading what you write.

Thank you for sharing it.

minusculeclap
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

Awesome story, thanks for sharing!  minusculeclap
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
A cool approach!

minusculebeercheers
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
After survey action report:

A Que message was sent to USSB Main of Tiki's analysis of the samples while the actual samples were placed into a droid for transport. The droid departed for one of USSB's many sentient library repositories. It was redundant but when you are dealing with a species extinction you can not be to careful. 

We were free so I asked Tiki to find us someplace warm with life thriving and abundant to survey as places like the Fluffy Bunny Feet planet create a bad memory for me; especially since I know we could have stopped the death of the planet and all its' inhabitants if we would have acted. 

Layla saw my mood was darkening so she pulled me into our private cabin. When we were finished with our love making I was too tired to worry about much of anything.. Kinda takes the edge off a hard days work, if you know what I mean ! 

The real end I promise unless I change my mind !!