Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To all the xATS’ers - I feel you
Dont worry WonderCow, no on here will ask you to mooooo out of the way. Nor shall we milk you for information tinybiggrin
(06-22-2020, 10:09 AM)WonderCow Wrote: @Gordi I'm so not worthy, lol!

But.... BUT...... THE @"WonderCow" IS MOST Worthy!!!

[Image: girlywonder_pink_front.jpg]
She MUST be, because she has her OWN T-SHIRT!!!

minusculebeercheers
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-22-2020, 10:14 AM)gordi Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 10:10 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: Change is always hard and starting over isn't always easy but it does give us a moment to pause and reflect on where we've been and where we're going.
Starting over? Not likely for this old redneck.

It may be a new site with new rules and new gadgets, but I'm not starting over. I'm bringing everything I have learned from my time with ATS with me! All of the secrets whispered among TPTB, all of the evidence for corruption and coverups, all of the knowledge gleaned through years of reading posts.

And I'm bringing the relationships. I know you; you know me. Same people, different forum.

I'm too freakin' old to be starting over. I'm plowing on through.

(06-22-2020, 08:26 AM)Freija Wrote: There is no growth without change. It's just a part of life.
Amen, Sister. Amen.

TheRedneck

That's far too sensible, you are... B A N N E D !

smallroflmao

JUST KIDDING!!! btw

minusculebeercheers
G
NOW I'm starting to feel at home! tinylaughing 

minusculebeercheers 

(Don't worry; I'll say something seriously stoopid soon enough to make up for this.)

TheRedneck
(06-22-2020, 10:16 AM)gordi Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 10:09 AM)WonderCow Wrote: @Gordi I'm so not worthy, lol!

But.... BUT...... THE @"WonderCow" IS MOST Worthy!!!

[Image: girlywonder_pink_front.jpg]
She MUST be, because she has her OWN T-SHIRT!!!

minusculebeercheers
G

Ooh! I feel an avatar coming on!
Mixed feelings about ATS. I am absolutely gutted on one hand, I been going there since I was a pup! on the other hand, it lost so many great people and never really filled there spots, it turned into something a little unfamiliar and lost the respect it once had, so to me this has been coming for awhile.

I'm sad for the few genuine friends I made there that will probably be lost in time, since they were banned or didn't come back, and sad I never made more. Genuine friends are a rare rare thing.

I'm looking forward to what this place has to offer, feels good already, very chilled out, none of that constant tension ATS has had for the last few years! I just hope it doesn't turn into a Liberal bashing fest, and we can get back to some great topics and conversations.
Truly glad to be here.

There were bad events on ATS (bannings).  Used to crush me looking back through the old threads and seeing accounts that had just been trashcanned.  What was the good of it?

No idea whose protective wings I posted under, but I suspect one or more of our recent sign-ups.

Cheers
-Snarl
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
I joined ATS in 2012, became addicted on the first day. Spent years being very active in making threads and participating in others. I made many friends while there.
Even though most of my topics were on the fringe side, most people swarmed to my threads; seems people like that sort of thing regardless of being afraid to admit it.

I don't remember exactly when it was that the old ATS started banning people left and right, and then started with all the ads popping up, but that is when I lost a bunch of friends there. I felt very saddened and alone. I only had a couple of friends left after all that.

I stayed low key after that and just lurked for the most part. There was still one active thread of mine that I needed to tend to. It was my second thread after joining, and it is still active today, although I have said my good-bye at the end of the thread now.
I have so many wonderful threads I made over at ATS, and others I subscribed to that I hate to lose; such a huge loss!

I feel your pain too.

I've been active with RN since the beginning; dragged all my threads on different boards until we settled for this one, RN3. This is my home now, and I can tell you it's a great place to be.
(06-22-2020, 08:05 AM)TheRedneck Wrote: We're entering a new world, my friends... one with intelligent virii, one with wal and redro instead of law and order, one where reality is a fake tapestry woven by those with the loudest voices on the highest podiums. In such a world, a place to get real, honest truth out to the public is our only hope.

Exactly. There have been some members that I once respected and looked forward to their insight, that I have watched get sucked up into the whirlpool of deception, hate, and hostility.

It is a new world and we are under attack. It is not just truth that will save us from a dismal future. We have to be willing to face what that truth is telling us, and we have to reject the primordial and instinctive reactions that they are able to manipulate in us.

No one that is human is immune to their methods. We may not be in control but we can control how we react and how we respond. Every time I feel myself being sucked in, I walk away. I take a walk through the 100 acre woods. I look at my plants, weed a little, water a little as needed. I drop off a little extras to my neighbors, or walk over to my brother's and play Rummikub for a while. Little things that reconnect me to reality.

My neighbors have developed a closer sense of community in the last four months. there is a genuine loving and joy when we see friends, neighbors and familiar faces. This is not what they want. So this is what we should be doing and growing. Love, compassion, civility. There are no roving gangs in my area, and there never will be. I doubt if you will ever see such a thing outside of the media.

We can't let them bait us. We can't fall for the lies and the grand deception.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-22-2020, 07:06 AM)Freija Wrote: Howdy!

Howdy!

We've been in operation a bit over 4 years now, and in all that time I cannot recall the ban-hammer ever having fallen. Maybe once, in the very early days of the anti-spammer campaign. We're just not like that. The only thing we exclude are the incessant spammers trying to infiltrate the site - and they don't get banned, they just don't get in. 

I personally don't like banning folks because I would rather rake them over the coals over and over and over again, but that's just me. I have a mean streak like that.

I was nenothtu at ATS. The ATS "Regent". Won the election, didn't even get a t-shirt! I left ATS over a comment Neformore made regarding my missus when he was a mod. Since I felt that it wasn't prudent to get in a row with a mod, I just walked away. that's why my avatar over there is still a silhouette of a man in a slicker walking away into the light. That was the only "statement" I made when I bailed.

It's not like that here. Folks can feel free to get in a row with me without fear of getting banned. I kinda live for that sort of thing, y'know? It's what keeps me sharp. I might drag their carcass a few miles behind my jeep, but banning is not in their future.

You're welcome here. Like family, there may be times we fight like cats and dogs, but the love is still there. It never fades. I grew up the eldest child, and only male in a bouquet of sisters. We fought like cats and dogs too, but to this day we still have one another's backs when the chips are down against the outside world.

That's what R-N-3 is like, too.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-22-2020, 07:35 AM)TheRedneck Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:20 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:17 AM)Freija Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:13 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote: I'd like to see DTOM here guys, she is the epitome of what ATS stands/stood for so I am going to lobby her at the right time, see if she's keen.

She's already here!

That's great news, it really is good to see so many of the crew here - love it!!!

The downside to seeing all the old crew again is that a couple of undesirables might sneak in, too.

Not my fault, though... I was invited. tinytongue

TheRedneck

I'm psychic, and see a gas tank full of sugar in your near future.

Welcome aboard, Redneck! You're one of the few who spoke to me last time I visited "over there"!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I was the same.  Had some great friends on Ats many years back.  They helped me through some dark times in my life with there humour and kindness. Then they got banned and I felt sad. Always had a great friend in DaphneApollo who thankfully is here minusculebeercheers. The thing is you couldn't even mention them on Ats when they got banned .Or the big Ats Hammer would be swinging over your skull!!!
(06-22-2020, 11:07 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: Mixed feelings about ATS. I am absolutely gutted on one hand, I been going there since I was a pup! on the other hand, it lost so many great people and never really filled there spots, it turned into something a little unfamiliar and lost the respect it once had, so to me this has been coming for awhile.

I'm sad for the few genuine friends I made there that will probably be lost in time, since they were banned or didn't come back, and sad I never made more. Genuine friends are a rare rare thing.

I'm looking forward to what this place has to offer, feels good already, very chilled out, none of that constant tension ATS has had for the last few years! I just hope it doesn't turn into a Liberal bashing fest, and we can get back to some great topics and conversations.

HEY!

What's wrong with bashing Liberals? Other than it being so easy, that is... it's like there's just no sport in it, y'know?

Nah, we don't bash Liberals here. Might rake their IDEAS over the coals when we're bored, but we don't bash the PERSON, and that's an important distinction to me.

The idea of a forum to my mind is the exchange of ideas, and vetting them for veracity. It's emphatically NOT to tear anyone down. When you do that, they go quiet and dark, and if you can't find them to discuss, what good was it ever knowing them to begin with?

Can't drag 'em along behind the jeep if I can't find 'em!

So, yeah, it might get lively from time to time, but no bashing of other folks. Set their ideas on fire instead!

I have been here almost 3 years and no one was ever banned. But I have heard roomers that when Guohua hears about some thing she does not like she PMs Ninurta, then there is a knock on your door. No one notices the extra hump of ground on his land. But I have no idea if this is true.
Hang on some one is knocking on my door, will tell you the rest when I get back
I can confirm that above  tinylaughing

They may bash my ideas but never bash me!

And "bash" is a strong word for here. I've seen some truly vicious attacks over there. Some moderated, some were just consistent trolling (even in unrelated threads those people seemingly followed you). 

I have some thick skin, so it was never about being butt hurt, just annoyed that I couldn't even comment on UFOs without it turning political. Here, I just lob left wing grenades in threads and then run for the hills  tinylaughing
I've been post banned a few times and given many warnings regarding T&Cs etc over the years. Once, I even had to agree to not engage in conversations with a specific member because it always turned into a brutal war of words.

Even with all that said, I was never once permanently banned from ATS. I can't really imagine what you could possibly had done to have been banned so many times???? 

I actually see ATS as being pretty tolerant and does what it can to avoid banning members. Sometimes it can't be avoided, like purposely posting a hoax or threatening someone etc. 

So anyway, yeah can't imagine what you possibly could have done so many times...
- I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.
(06-22-2020, 07:20 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:17 AM)Freija Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:13 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote: I'd like to see DTOM here guys, she is the epitome of what ATS stands/stood for so I am going to lobby her at the right time, see if she's keen.

She's already here!

That's great news, it really is good to see so many of the crew here - love it!!!

The downside to seeing all the old crew again is that a couple of undesirables might sneak in, too.

TheRedneck

Already I'm getting trash-talked?

tinywhat
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-22-2020, 05:58 PM)Wookiep Wrote: I've been post banned a few times and given many warnings regarding T&Cs etc over the years. Once, I even had to agree to not engage in conversations with a specific member because it always turned into a brutal war of words.

Even with all that said, I was never once permanently banned from ATS. I can't really imagine what you could possibly had done to have been banned so many times???? 

I actually see ATS as being pretty tolerant and does what it can to avoid banning members. Sometimes it can't be avoided, like purposely posting a hoax or threatening someone etc. 

So anyway, yeah can't imagine what you possibly could have done so many times...

ATS did have a couple of "purges" while I was active there. There were times when I'd log in every morning expecting to have been denied access because the purges had become so generalized. - and I wasn't always the nicest guy in the thread, y'know? I'm really kind of amazed I never got banned. 

(06-22-2020, 06:24 PM)beez Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:20 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote: That's great news, it really is good to see so many of the crew here - love it!!!

TheRedneck

tinywhat

You're tough, you can take it. Besides, with them long legs and giant feet, you're able to "thumper" the shit out of attackers anyhow, so I ain't watching yer back - you're able to take care of yourself!

(06-22-2020, 06:29 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 06:24 PM)beez Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 07:20 AM)Sublimecraft Wrote: That's great news, it really is good to see so many of the crew here - love it!!!

TheRedneck

tinywhat

You're tough, you can take it. Besides, with them long legs and giant feet, you're able to "thumper" the shit out of attackers anyhow, so I ain't watching yer back - you're able to take care of yourself!

tinybiggrin

I'm just a delicate little flower, gentle and naïve to the ways of the world, but I think I'll be okay.

tinylaughing tinylaughing
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
You will be ok, if there is a knock on your door just dont answer it