Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Curious case of Alan Godfrey
Question 

• [Image: alan-photo-300-dpi.jpg]Alan Godfrey was a police constable in the Yorkshire Constabulary. In June 1980 he was sent to a coal yard in Todmorden on the Yorkshire/Lancashire border to investigate the find of a body dumped  on top of a pile of coal http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/yorkslinc...tery.shtml Alan was the first officer on the scene. He was greeted by a foreman who drove past the pile of coal moments earlier and said that the body wasn't there then. It was the body was of a coal minor Zigmund Adamski whom had previously gone missing 5 days earlier no less than 20 miles away from where he was eventually found. Zigmund despite being missing for 5 days only had 1 days beard growth, And was found  with strange burn mark's at the back of his head, Kneck and shoulders and was covered 
In a strange unknown ointment. It was at a time when strange lights were often seen in the area.
Now I remember as a kid playing on top of coal piles (Heaps as more commonly known). When you try to run up them your feet sink in and the coal goes everywhere. They are also quite high and you would never make it to the top minusculebonker. Yet there was no evidence of disturbance of the pile.As Alan suggested at the time it was as though Zigmund had been "dropped from the sky "..
Now if that ain't strange enough 
Just 6 months later Alan was again on duty in Todmorden at 5am looking for a herd of cattle that had vanished and claims to have had an encounter with a Ufo.....https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.halifax...4710%3famp

Alan Godfrey’s Encounter
The bizarre circumstances surrounding the death of Zigmund Adamski haunted Alan Godfrey, even months after the discovery of the body.

Something truly strange happened to Zigmund Adamski and Alan Godfrey would soon find of what that something was. A something that defied logic.

While on patrol in Todmorden, Alan Godfrey was dispatched to search for a herd of cattle that inexplicably vanished.

As he drove his patrol car slowly down a country lane, he brought his car to an abrupt halt when his eyes met a bizarre sight.

Hovering silently five feet over the road was a diamond shaped craft that emitted bright flashing lights.

When Godfrey came to his senses he tried to radio his sighting in but was met with nothing but a strange whining and static sound.

And then the flying craft just vanished leaving the constable with the eerie feeling that something beyond reason just occurred.

Understandable Reluctance
At the first, Godfrey felt that it would probably be in his best interest to keep his encounter to himself.

Afterall, to report an encounter with little green men could turn him into a laughingstock. And his colleagues on the force might think he had lost his mind.
Nevertheless, Godfrey could not shake the feeling that something more than just merely seeing a flying saucer had occurred that night.

He still couldn’t quite understand why he could not account for 25 minutes. Not to mention his boot being split and the itchy sensation in his foot.

Additional Eyewitnesses
The mystified, and somewhat terrified, police constable was finally inspired to report his encounter upon discovering others had seen the diamond shaped craft that night.

According to reports from the surrounding area five other police officers, local residents and a lorry driver had witnessed the craft.

Unfortunately for Godfrey, his superiors didn’t share in his enthusiasm to share his encounter.

So, Godfrey was given a choice, either retire or be sectioned out of the police.

Not wanting to be considered a madman, Godfrey took the upper road and retired from the job that he loved more than life itself.

Despite being forced to retire, Alan Godfrey remained determined to understand the strange incident that altered his life in such an undesirable way.

Godfrey Agrees to Regressive Hypnotherapy
A year after the incident, Alan Godfrey agreed to undergo regressive hypnotherapy.

He was convinced this was the only way to get to the bottom of the mystery that had consumed his life.

While under hypnosis, Godfrey, was able to recall getting out of his patrol car and approached the craft.

When he got within a few feet, a beam of light shot out hitting him squarely in the chest.

He remembered feeling the sensation of weightlessness as he was brought into the craft. And then everything went dark.

When he awakened, he found himself lying on an exam table and an oddly human looking man with a beard stood at the end of the bed staring down at him.

According to Godfrey the man spoke to him telepathically and told him to lie still and everything would be fine.

Just then eight short beings with lightbulb shaped heads and large black eyes rushed in and began a series of medical examinations.

Godfrey reported that the beings fixed an injury he sustained years earlier when he was severely beaten by a group of suspects he attempted to arrest.

The beings brought their examinations of Alan Godfrey to an end when he began to experience a great deal of stress. They told him they feared he might have a heart attack.

The abduction of police constable Alan Godfrey is considered by many in the field of UFOlogy as being England’s first legitimate case of alien abduction.

To this day, Godfrey believes that his abduction was directly related to the abduction and subsequent death of Zigmund Adamski.

I’m inclined to believe Alan Godfrey’s strange story. As well as his theory.

What's interesting to me is that this happened about the same time as the famous 
Rendlesham Forest incidenthttps://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegra...ident/amp/

Even when the incident happened to Alan the patch on the road was dry where the craft had been hovering even though it had been raining earlier. This was witnessed by his colleagues. Also Alan says he was threatened by men in grey suits. And pressure put on him to keep quiet by his superiors in the police force 
Alan wrote a book about his experiences years later 
[Image: Alan-Godfrey-768x432-jpg.png]
[Image: 41vprqo-Ynu-L-AC-SL1500.jpg]
[Image: 81-Unjr-OVfj-L-AC-SL1500.jpg]

[Image: 7155-Ux-Amz-XL-AC-SL1500.jpg]

So there we have it. An interesting story from not a million miles away from myself. Hope you enjoy
Fascinating!   minusculeclap 

I remember hearing the one about the guy being found on the pile of rocks, but I don't think I've come across the rest of your story.

I definitely believe in ET life. I've had many, many unexplained sightings myself during the course of my lifetime. Some were not from this Earth, (even with our secret space program).
There was one time who/whatever was in the craft communicated with me telepathically. That freaked me out!

Thanks for sharing.  Great story!   smallawesome
I remember reading about this a few years back, its a strange story. If I have time I will go deeper in to Alans past, a red flag is the police wanting to have him sectioned. Now if the police did this to him all he had to do was to get independently evaluated and if he passed he could bring the police up for wrongful dismissal. 
This one fact very much pulls the rug from under him. Something happened to him, but its not as he tells it. He must have a past history of strange behavior for the police to take the "section" road, so many other ways to get him out, and if they wanted to paint him black they would of just sectioned him.
This story need to be looked into.
(06-21-2020, 05:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Fascinating!   minusculeclap 

I remember hearing the one about the guy being found on the pile of rocks, but I don't think I've come across the rest of your story.

I definitely believe in ET life. I've had many, many unexplained sightings myself during the course of my lifetime. Some were not from this Earth, (even with our secret space program).
There was one time who/whatever was in the craft communicated with me telepathically. That freaked me out!

Wow think I'd have run a mile if one communicated with me...Well that's if I could run a mile minusculebonker. I'm a believer also. Never seen anything unusual as yet but I'll keep looking. Thanks again
(06-21-2020, 05:29 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I remember reading about this a few years back, its a strange story. If I have time I will go deeper in to Alans past, a red flag is the police wanting to have him sectioned. Now if the police did this to him all he had to do was to get independently evaluated and if he passed he could bring the police up for wrongful dismissal. 
This one fact very much pulls the rug from under him. Something happened to him, but its not as he tells it. He must have a past history of strange behavior for the police to take the "section" road, so many other ways to get him out, and if they wanted to paint him black they would of just sectioned him.
This story need to be looked into.
Yes it is definitely a strange one. As it happened in 1980 i guess Alan wouldn't have had the same protection with regards of wrongful dismissal at a guess.  Who knows. Definitely worth looking into deeper. Thanks again  minusculebiggrin minusculebeercheers
(06-21-2020, 06:04 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 05:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Fascinating!   minusculeclap 

Wow think I'd have run a mile if one communicated with me...Well that's if I could run a mile minusculebonker. I'm a believer also. Never seen anything unusual as yet but I'll keep looking. Thanks again

I have that story here somewhere under the UFO topic, but lord only knows which one it is. It's buried deep in the pile somewhere now. It was kind of funny. Who would guess that ETs have a sense of humor?   tinybighuh
@"TheDoctor46" 
Yes, yes, I remember some of that story. 
Really interesting if I remember correctly.  mediumalien
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-21-2020, 08:07 PM)guohua Wrote: @"TheDoctor46" 
Yes, yes, I remember some of that story. 
Really interesting if I remember correctly.  mediumalien

Yes it sure is interesting. Going to get a copy of the book and read into it further  minusculebeercheers
Hi Doc, here's a link to an earlier Rogue Nation piece regarding Alan Godfrey and his interesting time
in the Police Force.

Officer Godfrey & Todmorden.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Always enjoyed this one, especially since it's in my part of the world.

Abduction stories always creep me out, yet I find them the hardest to believe, but the most interesting!
(06-22-2020, 11:23 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: Always enjoyed this one, especially since it's in my part of the world.

Abduction stories always creep me out, yet I find them the hardest to believe, but the most interesting!

Yes they do certainly creep me out as well. Im only about an hour away. So not far for them to travel and give me a good probing  tinysurprised
(06-22-2020, 09:06 AM)BIAD Wrote: Hi Doc, here's a link to an earlier Rogue Nation piece regarding Alan Godfrey and his interesting time
in the Police Force.

Officer Godfrey & Todmorden.

Cheers for that. Will have a look now minusculebeercheers
(06-22-2020, 05:18 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 11:23 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: Always enjoyed this one, especially since it's in my part of the world.

Yes they do certainly creep me out as well. Im only about an hour away. So not far for them to travel and give me a good probing  tinysurprised

Sounds like you are living in hope  minusculebiggrin
(06-22-2020, 06:38 PM)Wallfire Wrote:

Ohhh noooo couldn't be doing with that carry on. Especially as theres no records of anyone saying they were offered tea and biscuits afterwards  tinywhat
(06-22-2020, 06:42 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 06:38 PM)Wallfire Wrote:

Ohhh noooo couldn't be doing with that carry on. Especially as theres no records of anyone saying they were offered tea and biscuits afterwards  tinywhat
You have your aliens, I have my reindeer, I wont tell if you dont  minusculebeercheers
Dropped from above, kinda like some of the Cattle Mutilations?  Hmmm.

Charles Fort: "This is a farm, "we are someone else's property."

Never heard this case before, thanks for putting it up Doc.  They do good too, curing ailments on the ship during abduction, some others they deem not worth preserving, killing them.  Just my opinion on it. 

Have you listened to Steph Young?  She goes further in depth about creepy stuff, aliens included. 

tinyhuh minusculebiggrin
(06-23-2020, 11:15 AM)DaphneApollo Wrote: Dropped from above, kinda like some of the Cattle Mutilations?  Hmmm.

Charles Fort: "This is a farm, "we are someone else's property."

Never heard this case before, thanks for putting it up Doc.  They do good too, curing ailments on the ship during abduction, some others they deem not worth preserving, killing them.  Just my opinion on it. 

The Coroner's comment may have had a lot to do with enhancing the strange incident, as apart from Zigmund Adamski
having the same surname as the more famous George Adamiski, the UFO contactee, I'd wager that this story wouldn't
ever hit the major mediums.

But Coroner James Turnbull really put the cherry on the top with his comment:
"....The question of where he was before he died and what led to his death could not be answered.”
“In my 12,000 cases, this is the most baffling I’ve ever had. If I was told a UFO took this man up and dropped him on the
coal pile, I would only raise one eyebrow.”

Turnbull never said Adamski was dropped onto the coal-pile, but the damned media ran with the inference.
tinywondering
Respectfully @"BIAD" 

"As Alan suggested at the time it was as though Zigmund had been "dropped from the sky "..

I was wondering did I read that wrong.    I didn't.  Looking for missing cattle and this man missing five days, only one days beard growth.  Yet again... Hmm.  Same MO for these 'visitors'.  

That may be that it wasn't proven, but then again people say UFO's don't exist.  I've never seen even a sighting of a UFO but I still believe they are there.  The abductees tell the rest of the story, through regression.
What machine was used to make the coal piles and could that machine be used to dump a body. Thing is people often see what they want to see or what they expect to see, but not the facts
(06-23-2020, 11:57 AM)DaphneApollo Wrote: Respectfully @"BIAD" 

"As Alan suggested at the time it was as though Zigmund had been "dropped from the sky "..

I was wondering did I read that wrong.    I didn't.  Looking for missing cattle and this man missing five days, only one days beard growth.  Yet again... Hmm.  Same MO for these 'visitors'.  

That may be that it wasn't proven, but then again people say UFO's don't exist.  I've never seen even a sighting of a UFO but I still believe they are there.  The abductees tell the rest of the story, through regression.

I've seen three of the buggers! I believe in them!

Yeah, the thing I was getting at -which is my own pet-hate, is the media's corruption of a situation.
I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to you and your view, it's just that word-smithing is something that
really grabs my... well, down there, shall we say.
tinysurprised

The same surnames, P.C. Godfrey's involvement and the odd placement of a body with undefined injuries
on it... a mystery in itself. Maybe centuries from now, we'll discover that this case -along with other odd
instances, is connected to a reality we're currently unaccustomed to.
minusculethumbsup