Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
ROGUE WRITERS CONTEST - "Fluffy Bunny Feet" [FBF2020]
This is an OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST thread.

FLUFFY BUNNY FEET [FBF2020]

YES fellow Rogues.... it is THAT time again!

Your Mission, should you choose to accept it... is to write a NEW and ORIGINAL Short Story which contains or relates to the theme "Fluffy Bunny Feet".

HOW you do that is of course, up to YOU!

[Image: 3665514-Pink-fluffy-bunny-slippers-0]

RULES:
There is no word count but PLEASE bear in mind that this is a SHORT STORY Contest.

You should write your own, brand new, original short story and place it in a New Thread within this (Rogue's Writers Contests) forum HERE 

It can be serious, funny, scary, rhyming, crazy, dull... ANY style that you choose.

Please include [FBF2020] in the title, so that we know it is an official entry.

(e.g. "Fluffy Bunny Feet [FBF2020]")

Typed Text only this time please... no images, video, sound or music etc
Nothing but the "naked" words this time around!

The contest will run from Now until Thurs 16th July.

[Image: 19176.jpg]

The Judging will be done in secret, by our very own Super-Secret judging panel and behind closed doors... to deliberately induce feelings of paranoia and delusions of persecution in the minds of the entrants!!!

The Judges decision is final.

PRIZE:
The Winner of our Contest will receive the Honorary Title of "FluffyBard" until such times as a young upstart FluffyBard seizes your Title in a future Fluffy Contest!

Any questions, queries, bribes etc.... just place them under my desk in the break-room, in a plain brown envelope, (**available from @BIAD 's garden shed supplies store).

Under Starters Orders.....
GO WRITE!
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-21-2020, 10:19 AM)gordi Wrote: This is an OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST thread.

FLUFFY BUNNY FEET [FBF2020]....
I know where you got the inspiration for the title from, looking at those disturbing rabbits through your window.

Kind regards,

Bally tinybiggrin
(06-21-2020, 10:31 AM)Bally002 Wrote: I know where you got the inspiration for the title from, looking at those disturbing rabbits through your window.Kind regards,

Bally tinybiggrin

True Story That..... and I never even thought about it!
Funny how the old mind works!!!

boing boing......
(06-21-2020, 10:19 AM)gordi Wrote: This is an OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST thread.

FLUFFY BUNNY FEET [FBF2020]...

...The Winner of our Contest will receive the Honorary Title of "FluffyBard" until such times as a young upstart FluffyBard seizes your Title in a future Fluffy Contest!...

Oh quite fancy a go at this.  The Fluffybard title would go well with my other strange titles in my strange title trophy cabinet, What's kept in my strange trophy cabinet room minusculebeercheers
The REAL inspiration for this contest theme.....

I have NO IDEA why I find this clip so funny, but I LOVE that fact!!
There, my secret's out!
G
Challenge?

Accepted!

minusculebiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Heh.

I'm onnit!

tinybiggrin
As I looked at my fluffy bonny feet it came to mind, its summer, time to take the woolen socks off. Then to my horror I noticed I had taken the woolen socks off. Perhaps I should phone the health center
My story starts with my husband leaving our cave.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7368821] OK, That is the End, What You Think  smallrofl
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
My humble entry...

http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=5382

Just to get things started.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=5386 who would have thought a story could be created out of fluffy bunny feet ?
(06-22-2020, 09:58 AM)727Sky Wrote: http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=5386 who would have thought a story could be created out of fluffy bunny feet ?

Me, actually...

tinylaughing
(06-22-2020, 10:08 AM)gordi Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 09:58 AM)727Sky Wrote: http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=5386 who would have thought a story could be created out of fluffy bunny feet ?

Me, actually...

tinylaughing
minusculebeercheers hugedancingbaby
Yes folks, we have had our very first couple of Fluffy Bunny entries!

"No Officer... I didn't mean... THAT kind of... no... sorry... won't happen again...."

Uhm, the first few contest entries have started rolling in, YAY!

Go Check 'em out!
G
Here's my submission.

Fluffy Bunny Feet
My entry. . . tinybiggrin

http://rogue-nation3.com/showthread.php?tid=5633
-Abraham Lincoln
My entry...

The early morning sunlight slowly forced it's way through the dusty, old, Venetian blinds...crawling steadily across the clothing-cluttered floor until it hit Kevin's side of the bed.

Kevin was not asleep. 
It seemed as if sleep would never again be at hand to rescue Kevin by helping him to smother his demons.
The morning light, for it's part, seemed only to further taunt him with offerings of new shadows to further contrast and define the aged derelict he felt he had now become. 

Kevin looked over at his mate, resting silently beside him. Karen was still as beautiful as the first day they had met. That day...a day now long past, yet, remembered for nothing beyond Karen...held the genesis of all his most treasured moments.

Years ago, in what seemed to be by the purest serendipity, they found themselves beside each other in that quaint little shop...in that quaint little town. 
At that moment, Kevin felt he had found his partner for life...and that they were made for each other.
He knew Karen felt it too...and she did.

From that moment on, Kevin and Karen were inseparable. They did everything together; never concerned about their destination, while simply enjoying their journey together. 

Of course,...that was all before the accident.

That damned accident...on that damned street...caused by that damned 18 yr. old 'daddy's girl' texting while driving her new BMW 3-Series 328i/Graduation Present.

The impact in the crosswalk was sudden and unexpected; the damage, devastating and life altering.
Kevin never even saw it happening.

The doctors said the leg was severely crushed...with multiple catastrophic compound fractures to the femur, tibia and fibula. Muscle, tendon and cartilage was irreparably damaged beyond saving...and they said that leg must go.
From that day forward, Kevin and Karen would never be the same together.

That was all well over a year ago...and over that time, Kevin had spent many sad, restless days and long, sleepless nights shuffling between the bar, the fridge and the bed.
Each trip, he felt, took him further and further away from his beautiful mate and all those beautiful days they shared together...before the accident. 

His hygiene suffered greatly and Kevin was becoming tired, ragged and worn out. Kevin smelt of old sweat and stagnant body odor...and now...there was the foot fungus. 

And, yet, through it all, here, still, was his faithful partner Karen, resting quietly by his side under the bed....her fluffy bunny slipper ears and fluffy bunny slipper body still looking as fresh, new and beautiful as that day their owner lost the leg that wore her.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-03-2020, 10:55 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: My entry...

The early morning sunlight slowly forced it's way through the dusty, old, Venetian blinds...crawling steadily across the clothing-cluttered floorboards until it hit Kevin's side of the bed.

Kevin was not asleep. 
It seemed as if sleep would never again be at hand to rescue Kevin by helping him to smother his demons.
The morning light, for it's part, seemed only to further taunt him with offerings of new shadows to further contrast and define the aged derelict he felt he had now become. 

Keven looked over at his mate, resting silently beside him. Karen was still as beautiful as the first day they had met. That day...a day now long past...and remembered for nothing beyond Karen...held the genesis of all his most treasured memories.

Years ago, in what seemed to be by the purest serendipity, they bumped into each other in that quaint little shop...in that quaint little town. 
At that moment, Kevin already knew he had found his partner for life...and that they were made for each other.

From that moment on, Kevin and Karen were inseparable. They did everything together...never concerned about their destination, while simply enjoying life's journey together. 

That damned accident...on that damned street...caused by that damned 18 yr. old 'daddy's girl' texting while driving her new BMW 3-Series 328i/Graduation Present. 
The impact in the crosswalk was sudden; unexpected; the damage, devastating and life altering.
Kevin never saw it coming.

The doctors said the leg was severely crushed...with multiple compound fractures to the femur, tibia and fibula. Muscle, tendon and cartilage was irreparably damaged beyond saving.  They said that leg must go.
And from that day forward, Kevin and Karen were never the same together.

That was all well over a year ago...and over that time, Kevin had spent many sad, restless days and long, sleepless nights shuffling between the bar, the fridge and the bed.
Each trip, he felt, took him further and further away from his beautiful mate and all those beautiful days they shared together...before the accident. 

His hygiene suffered greatly and Kevin was becoming tired, ragged and worn out...he smelt of old sweat and stagnant body odor...and now there was the foot fungus. 

And, yet, through it all, here, still, was his faithful partner Karen, resting quietly by his side under the bed....her fluffy bunny slipper ears and fluffy bunny slipper body still looking as fresh, new and beautiful as that day their owner lost the leg that owned her.

I really hate Kevin!

tinyangry
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-03-2020, 11:31 PM)beez Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:55 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: My entry...

The early morning sunlight slowly forced it's way through the dusty, old, Venetian blinds...crawling steadily across the clothing-cluttered floorboards until it hit Kevin's side of the bed.

Kevin was not asleep. 

Keven looked over at his mate, resting silently beside him. Karen was still as beautiful as the first day they had met. That day...a day now long past...and remembered for nothing beyond Karen...held the genesis of all his most treasured memories.

Years ago, in what seemed to be by the purest serendipity, they bumped into each other in that quaint little shop...in that quaint little town. 
At that moment, Kevin already knew he had found his partner for life...and that they were made for each other.

From that moment on, Kevin and Karen were inseparable. They did everything together...never concerned about their destination, while simply enjoying life's journey together. 

The impact in the crosswalk was sudden; unexpected; the damage, devastating and life altering.
Kevin never saw it coming.

The doctors said the leg was severely crushed...with multiple compound fractures to the femur, tibia and fibula. Muscle, tendon and cartilage was irreparably damaged beyond saving.  They said that leg must go.
And from that day forward, Kevin and Karen were never the same together.

His hygiene suffered greatly and Kevin was becoming tired, ragged and worn out...he smelt of old sweat and stagnant body odor...and now there was the foot fungus. 

And, yet, through it all, here, still, was his faithful partner Karen, resting quietly by his side under the bed....her fluffy bunny slipper ears and fluffy bunny slipper body still looking as fresh, new and beautiful as that day their owner lost the leg that owned her.

I really hate Kevin!

tinyangry

Kevin is the worst.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Explanation: Lo and Behold my roguish entry ...

Not For Beez! [FBF2020]

Personal Disclosure: @Beez ...

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!