Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Civil Unrest in Louisville
It has been surreal 3 or 4 months. All of a sudden , things were locked down, businesses shut down. 

We started stocking up beforehand , so we were good. 

I continued working during it all. The only time I wore a mask is if I went into a nursing home or hospital. 

Driving around the city all the time, I saw how it progressed. Nobody but road and construction working, downtown a ghost town. 

This went on for months. And finally, as we ease up on the lock downs, a couple of deaths and boom !, 

Protests all across the country.

Now , I am for peace protests 100% , but looting, blocking roads and general mayhem is just criminal and has nothing to do with the original message. 

Everything is boarded downtown now. They arrested 60 people yesterday . Glad I live 8 miles from ground zero , but not far enough. 

Suppose to peak here this weekend, waiting for the sun to go down.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-20-2020, 12:17 AM)kdog Wrote: It has been surreal 3 or 4 months. All of a sudden , things were locked down, businesses shut down. 

We started stocking up beforehand , so we were good. 

I continued working during it all. The only time I wore a mask is if I went into a nursing home or hospital. 

Driving around the city all the time, I saw how it progressed. Nobody but road and construction working, downtown a ghost town. 

This went on for months. And finally, as we ease up on the lock downs, a couple of deaths and boom !, 

Protests all across the country.

Now , I am for peace protests 100% , but looting, blocking roads and general mayhem is just criminal and has nothing to do with the original message. 

Everything is boarded downtown now. They arrested 60 people yesterday . Glad I live 8 miles from ground zero , but not far enough. 

Suppose to peak here this weekend, waiting for the sun to go down.

I've been pretty much the same here. Classed as a key worker been working throughout the lockdown. Strange feeling driving around at first on the empty roads. Only been one demonstration nearby in Manchester. Not many arrests as I can gather. But can sense trouble is coming between BLM and football supporters/Right wing group's.  I'll be staying away that's for sure
I just hope this all goes down without a hitch, seeing as many law enforcement officers are either walking off the job or calling in sick because of the New Blue Flu

Prayers & good karma for everybody involved, hope people can state their piece without getting too out of hand or hurting anybody
It's times like this when I'm glad I live in a rather small town.  I'm about 45 minutes from a larger city though.

We had a small incident here a few weeks ago when all this BS started. Someone thought it would be a good idea to throw a coke bottle at a police car... then they discovered that wasn't such a good idea after all. tinylaughing  Got arrested.
Haven't heard of anything else bad happening.

I did see that there were many "protests" scheduled for today in some larger cities across the country.

Stay safe out there everyone!
I can tell everyone what is going to Set These People OFF,,,, 1 million Plus Trump Rallies and they see we Don't Give A Shit About Their Quarantines and Lock Downs.

When they see all the Woke and Proud Black Americans going to a Trump Rally to support a REAL President, Their Heads are going to Explode!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I drove through Louisville a few years back when I was escaping Kansas City and coming back home. Don't recall much about it other than thinking that it wasn't any place I'd want to be when the balloon went up... and now here we are.

I'm back in the boonies now, surrounded by 70 miles of armed hillbillies, so I don't have the concerns that many of you will have. Around here, we've had just a couple protests miles and miles away, but no unrest yet. Today may have been a turning point, as I understand there was a "protect our monuments" rally in Tazewell, which is about an hour and a half away as the Jeep flies. Lot of armed protesters there, so it was peaceful - no one WANTS to get shot! The "unrest" is regarding the timing of it - some lowbrows are upset that it was carried out on Juneteenth. Piss on 'em - if you don't want your holiday ruined, don't go try to tear up our stuff on it!

I'm armed up and stocked up, and have recently acquired a black powder revolver as well, in case cartridges become an issue. I can roll my own with that, and it'll work good enough to restock off the dead if they try an assault, so I'm good. Black powder killed around 600,000 soldiers (counting the dead from both sides) in the Civil War, so I'm confident it will still do so in a pinch if CW II rolls around, which it's looking like to do.

Police are leaving in record numbers, because enforcing the law is becoming a far less viable option, and that is kinda what they do, their whole reason for being, so why bother if you're not going to be allowed to do your job? Not so much around here - we like our cops for the most part, and don't want outsiders screwing with them, so they're relatively safer than cops elsewhere.

The whole nation seems to be undergoing a meltdown, but things have not changed that much here - a few local posting racist BLM, Antifa, etc. craziness on Facebook just to try to stay relevant with the lunacy in the rest of the nation, but not much, and not many. I raised hell about the George Floyd murder, because that is exactly what it was. I raised hell about Brionna Taylor's murder too, because that's just what THAT was as well - but when the communists started taking over the narrative and shaping it to their will, I stopped raising hell about them. I'm not a communist, and will not support their efforts. Now I'm just hunkering down and bunkering down and getting ready for the assault. The pendulum has swung too far to the other extreme, police are leaving the force, and law and order are breaking down as we watch - all in pursuit of the communist objective.

We'll weather this storm just like we have all the others that came by. Make sure you do, too!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

What the lock-downs didn't destroy, the riots and looting will.

What we're seeing is the deliberate harming of the American regular guy in the hopes of damaging and influencing a presidential election.

In my humble opinion.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-20-2020, 03:34 AM)beez Wrote: What the lock-downs didn't destroy, the riots and looting will.

What we're seeing is the deliberate harming of the American regular guy in the hopes of damaging and influencing a presidential election.

In my humble opinion.

That is a fact, you are right. It is just Shameful.
(06-20-2020, 03:34 AM)beez Wrote: What the lock-downs didn't destroy, the riots and looting will.

In my humble opinion.

I think you're right.

I look at who the promoting actors are, and from that trace it back to a communist source. That's why I'm laying it at the feet of the communists.

It appears to me to be a two pronged assault - they want to damage Trump's chances, and install Biden into the presidency instead on one prong, and break down societal structure on the other prong, in order to rebuild it in their image and likeness.

They want Biden in office because his doddering decrepit ass will be easily "influenced" i.e. "directed", to lead the nation down the path they desire. I'm still not convinced that Biden will be the Leftist pick, however - I think there is a high probability of a switcheroo occurring at the DNC convention, and Biden is just a placeholder.

Either way, I said early on when these riots started that if they continued for more than a week, war was coming, and I still stand by that... which is why I'm geared up and ready to roll on a moment's notice.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Here some Food For Thought,,,,,[Image: Vladimir-Lenin-TLD-Meme-Statue-Seattle-435x245.jpeg] Yes, WHY?
If people want answers to what is happening in the streets today, look to yesterday, look to how communism works, how it got started. Look to how communism controlled and educated the youth so they could do things of such horror  and think they are doing good. It was the natzi s that sent people to Russia to learn how to do the horrors, how to educate young people to do evil and think its good. 
It seems that people dont want to look at history, people want to feel superior to history, how often have you hears some person saying, "this has no place in 19xx, or 2020.
If you want to know what is going on in the streets now look at the 1930s in Europe, if you want to understand the 1930 go back to 1900.
History does not repeat its self, people repeat history. Destroy infrastructure, divide the people, sow hate, destroy culture, destroy family values.
In communism there must always be someone to blame, some one to kill, some one to oppress, without fear the revolution will never work.
BLM does not tell the truth about slaves, only 5% of slaves were sent to the America, the biggest slave traders were and still are the Arabs, Yes they hate and still hate black people, Islam took most of the women for sex slaves and when the women got pregnant they just killed them. So why is BLM not fighting Islam ?, why is BLM fighting and blaming the whites ?. If you have read this far then you have read the answer.
Things are relatively calm here in Scotland.
Most folks are still hunkering down and just trying to get through this.

There has been a recent incident in Glasgow city centre with a "Protect The Statues" type protest,
BUT I have it on good authority (from first hand witnesses) that the group of "protestors" aren't from around here.
They seem to be "British Nationalists" bused in from parts to the south of here, and they are just nasty, racist, aggressive, bully-types looking for a fight / story.

My gut feeling is that Westminster may have "arranged" this, to stir up some trouble so that they can clamp down on future public protests/marches etc in light of the increasing support for Scottish Independence. (e.g. putting a limit on the number of people allowed to march in a single protest to minimise the public impact of Indy marches which were getting HUGE before lockdown.)

I keep on repeating the same mantra to anyone who will listen -
TPTB thrive when WE are fighting one another instead of fighting THEM.
They deliberately stir up conflict, whether it's black-white, patriot-commie, sunni-shia, gay-straight, yoony-indy, you name it... then publicise and popularise it through THEIR controlled media outlets.
The people on the streets are then fighting among themselves, looking left-right and over their shoulders instead of looking UP at those pulling the strings!!!
I just wish that more people would wake up before it gets waaaay out of hand this time.
/rant

Stay Safe folks,
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-20-2020, 08:36 AM)gordi Wrote: Things are relatively calm here in Scotland.
Most folks are still hunkering down and just trying to get through this.

There has been a recent incident in Glasgow city centre with a "Protect The Statues" type protest,
BUT I have it on good authority (from first hand witnesses) that the group of "protestors" aren't from around here.
They seem to be "British Nationalists" bused in from parts to the south of here, and they are just nasty, racist, aggressive, bully-types looking for a fight / story.

My gut feeling is that Westminster may have "arranged" this, to stir up some trouble so that they can clamp down on future public protests/marches etc in light of the increasing support for Scottish Independence. (e.g. putting a limit on the number of people allowed to march in a single protest to minimise the public impact of Indy marches which were getting HUGE before lockdown.)

I keep on repeating the same mantra to anyone who will listen -
TPTB thrive when WE are fighting one another instead of fighting THEM.
They deliberately stir up conflict, whether it's black-white, patriot-commie, sunni-shia, gay-straight, yoony-indy, you name it... then publicise and popularise it through THEIR controlled media outlets.
The people on the streets are then fighting among themselves, looking left-right and over their shoulders instead of looking UP at those pulling the strings!!!
I just wish that more people would wake up before it gets waaaay out of hand this time.
/rant

Stay Safe folks,
G
If people are to fight something they need to see it and have it with in reach, so I ask who are TPTB, who are "them". What has been happening this last few years seems to me not to be controlled by any one person, and, it seems to be more a social Von Neumann machine. Some thing that was started a long time ago, and people just keep doing it because the person before them did it, but no one knows or asks why or even understands what it is. In the book 1984 the leader is never reveled, because there is no one leader. Also there must always be war, friends become enemy's, enemy's become friends but always war. Could it be what we have now with BLM and man made climate change is a social Von Neumann machine, no one understands what it is doing or why but some leaders know how to use it gain what they want. The thing about a social Von Neumann machine is it is not rigid, it changes it evolves to use the materials available so it can never be fully understood or controlled, but it can be used, and when used it causes confusion and knee jerk reactions. Communism has always tried to use the socail Von Neumann machine but they forget its not rigid, as the social material changes so does the material the machine produces, thats why communism always fails but not before it leaves people dead, poor, and so much destroyed
(06-20-2020, 10:34 AM)Wallfire Wrote: If people are to fight something they need to see it and have it with in reach, so I ask who are TPTB, who are "them". What has been happening this last few years seems to me not to be controlled by any one person, and, it seems to be more a social Von Neumann machine. Some thing that was started a long time ago, and people just keep doing it because the person before them did it, but no one knows or asks why or even understands what it is. In the book 1984 the leader is never reveled, because there is no one leader. Also there must always be war, friends become enemy's, enemy's become friends but always war. Could it be what we have now with BLM and man made climate change is a social Von Neumann machine, no one understands what it is doing or why but some leaders know how to use it gain what they want. The thing about a social Von Neumann machine is it is not rigid, it changes it evolves to use the materials available so it can never be fully understood or controlled, but it can be used, and when used it causes confusion and knee jerk reactions. Communism has always tried to use the socail Von Neumann machine but they forget its not rigid, as the social material changes so does the material the machine produces, thats why communism always fails but not before it leaves people dead, poor, and so much destroyed

That is pretty much the point (Who are they?)
TPTB are the elite select group of people who operate above the level of Governments or Corporations.
They are the super-rich "influencers".
The movers and shakers.
The ones who manipulate public opinion by controlling the media to suit their own ends.
Obsessed with power and control.
They are the ones steering the ship towards a NWO.

Generally, their specific identities are not publicly known, but if you follow the money trail to the super-rich elite families then you won't be far off the mark...

e.g. (potentially) participants in The Bilderburg Group?
(06-20-2020, 10:54 AM)gordi Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 10:34 AM)Wallfire Wrote: If people are to fight something they need to see it and have it with in reach, so I ask who are TPTB, who are "them". What has been happening this last few years seems to me not to be controlled by any one person, and, it seems to be more a social Von Neumann machine. Some thing that was started a long time ago, and people just keep doing it because the person before them did it, but no one knows or asks why or even understands what it is. In the book 1984 the leader is never reveled, because there is no one leader. Also there must always be war, friends become enemy's, enemy's become friends but always war. Could it be what we have now with BLM and man made climate change is a social Von Neumann machine, no one understands what it is doing or why but some leaders know how to use it gain what they want. The thing about a social Von Neumann machine is it is not rigid, it changes it evolves to use the materials available so it can never be fully understood or controlled, but it can be used, and when used it causes confusion and knee jerk reactions. Communism has always tried to use the socail Von Neumann machine but they forget its not rigid, as the social material changes so does the material the machine produces, thats why communism always fails but not before it leaves people dead, poor, and so much destroyed

That is pretty much the point (Who are they?)
TPTB are the elite select group of people who operate above the level of Governments or Corporations.
They are the super-rich "influencers".
The movers and shakers.
The ones who manipulate public opinion by controlling the media to suit their own ends.
Obsessed with power and control.
They are the ones steering the ship towards a NWO.

Generally, their specific identities are not publicly known, but if you follow the money trail to the super-rich elite families then you won't be far off the mark...

e.g. (potentially) participants in The Bilderburg Group?

With respect, do you understand what a social Von Neumann machine is, if as I believe what has been happening this last few years is a social Von Neumann machine then the above groups are using it, but dont control it. What they are trying to do is manipulate the social material  to the machine so it produces what they can use. So far this has never worked long term. I honestly believe there is no "them" in power, its just a social Von Neumann machine
(06-20-2020, 11:16 AM)Wallfire Wrote: With respect, do you understand what a social Von Neumann machine is, if as I believe what has been happening this last few years is a social Von Neumann machine then the above groups are using it, but dont control it. What they are trying to do is manipulate the social material  to the machine so it produces what they can use. So far this has never worked long term. I honestly believe there is no "them" in power, its just a social Von Neumann machine

Nope, never heard of it, but that's absolutely fine.
Sounds just as likely as any other explanation of this shitstorm!

minusculebeercheers

G
(06-20-2020, 11:16 AM)Wallfire Wrote: With respect, do you understand what a social Von Neumann machine is, if as I believe what has been happening this last few years is a social Von Neumann machine then the above groups are using it, but dont control it. What they are trying to do is manipulate the social material  to the machine so it produces what they can use. So far this has never worked long term. I honestly believe there is no "them" in power, its just a social Von Neumann machine

Will I need to contact John Titor for assistance?!!
tinysurprised tinylaughing
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-20-2020, 11:24 AM)BIAD Wrote:

Nope wrong guy, we need some one from the past to tell us how this mess we have in the world all got started  tinylaughing

Nope, Johnny Boy can't help with this.

A von Neumann Machine is a machine postulated decades ago for the purpose of space exploration. It is a machine that is sent out to another star, then builds copies of itself from materials present there, to send those copies to yet other stars, and each of them them produces more copies of itself to send out to yet OTHER stars, ad infinitum. Theoretically, given enough time a single von Neumann Machine could populate the entire universe with copies of itself.

It is a self-perpetuating avalanche.

I believe Wallfire's description of what is going on is very accurate, and it has been going on for quite some time now - since at least the 1840's, probably longer. @"gordi"'s "TPTB" are simply the current users of a machine that was set in motion long ago, using it to promote their own vision of what the world should look like, with them at the top of the heap lording it over all of the rest of us, the peons. They are not the designers or inventors who invented it, nor are they the engineers who keep it running - they are just the current users making use of it.

That's a tough nut to crack. We don't need Titor, we need wrenches and sand to throw into the machine works.

(06-20-2020, 12:07 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

Nope, Johnny Boy can't help with this.

A von Neumann Machine is a machine postulated decades ago for the purpose of space exploration. It is a machine that is sent out to another star, then builds copies of itself from materials present there, to send those copies to yet other stars, and each of them them produces more copies of itself to send out to yet OTHER stars, ad infinitum. Theoretically, given enough time a single von Neumann Machine could populate the entire universe with copies of itself.

It is a self-perpetuating avalanche.

I believe Wallfire's description of what is going on is very accurate, and it has been going on for quite some time now - since at least the 1840's, probably longer. @"gordi"'s "TPTB" are simply the current users of a machine that was set in motion long ago, using it to promote their own vision of what the world should look like, with them at the top of the heap lording it over all of the rest of us, the peons.

That's a tough nut to crack. We don't need Titor, we need wrenches and sand to throw into the machine works.

I postulated the social Von Neumann a few years ago for a course I was teaching  in communications, and have often had the idea of sand and wrenches to take the bastard thing apart. Then one morning wile drinking my coffee it hit me, what if social structure was made by the machine, if we destroy the machine do we destroy social structure ?