Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feels familiar, yet new
Information 
I'm glad to have been invited to this community. ATS is falling apart and I feel like a refugee. 

I spent a lot of time thinking about the course they will be taking. I give them a month, maybe two at most, and all the work I put on that site will disappear forever. I don't wanna make this entirely about ATS. I just think it's important to discuss where I'm coming from and how I wound up here. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that the reasons and circumstances that brought me here are similar to many others who already made the exodus. 

I fully intend to contribute as much here as I did there only more so. I need a place that will really allow creative content.

For those of you who don't know who I am: 

I am a combat veteran, OEF 13-14

I am a husband for the last 15 years and a father for the last 7. 

I am a martial artist with a decent background and a beginner's mindset. Currently focused on Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

I am a leader. I believe in leadership through accountability, compassion, and empathy. 

I am a follower. I believe in following leaders who lead with accountability, compassion, and empathy. 

I am on The Path. The Path of personal growth, discipline, and responsibility. 

I am a conservative man. This does not make me inaccessible, rigid, or unchanging. But it does make me cautious in accepting ideas without first placing them through proper filters. 

I am always striving to be better today than I was yesterday and unapologetically seek to be better

I am seeking more responsibility not less. 

I am not religious. Nor do I have a right to say that I believe in God. Belief requires truth and action. If I believe in God it isn't enough to say that I do, but I must act as though I do by emulating what God is. I am human and will never achieve this. So therefore I acknowledge God as the creator of the universe and I acknowledge God's authority over it. But I cannot say that I believe in God in accordance with my convictions.  

Sometimes I fail to live up to my own standards. In those moments I require the calibration of others who are sticking with their standards. We all need to be checked. 

I do NOT always subordinate my ego. You'll know when that happens. Everyone does. 

Generally, I'm just another human on God's Earth. I am entitled to nothing but my responsibilities. 

I'm projectvxn. People not on the internet know me as Bryan. Nice to meet you.
Hello projectvxn, nice to meet you too. If you wish the image that you've provided to be placed
into an avatar with your name attached to it, Boy In A Dress -the weirdo that lives in my garden
shed, is available!

Cheers Sir.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Welcome to RN.

I'm excited to welcome all the people I saw in the shoutbox to RN. It makes conversations much more interesting to have more than a couple ideas (people) to debate.
We are a family here, agree or disagree, so I hope you like it and make it your new home.

Now, I must hurry over and save my threads from ATS before they disappear into cyber space!   tinyshocked
Welcome aboard ! 

I am Groot over there. 

I think you will like it alot better over here.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-19-2020, 07:21 PM)kdog Wrote: Welcome aboard ! 

I am Groot over there. 

Welcome back @"kdog"!

Good to see you here again too. Tell Mrs. Kdog to not be a stranger.  Mrs. G and myself are the only active females on the board. It gets lonely.   tinycrying
@"projectvxn" 
You have a Home Here and I think you and others well be Comfortable.
Our MODS and SUPER-MODS are Great people and there is No Training, I choice these people because I trusted their Hearts and Their Love For Our Site and Most Of All, They care About Our members and What they think.

I need to Say Thank You to them more often.  minusculehail Super-Mods and  minusculehail Mods.

A little about me.
Gouhua is my real name, I was born and raised in main land China under Chairman Mao.
In China I worked for the MSS (Minister of State Security) for 12 years after I graduated from the University of Beijing.
That is how I met my husband he worked for the CIA for 38 years and retired shortly after I shot him and then we married.
I am a Naturalized American Citizen now and a Doctor of Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine here and run my own Clinic.

My husband is retired.

I love Rogue-Nation 3 and our family Here.

Please everyone Enjoy Your New Home Here and Remember Not Everyone Agrees with you all the time smallkillingpc , BUT that Is OK  minusculethumbsup2
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Bryan AKA vxn, good seeing you brother
(06-19-2020, 07:21 PM)kdog Wrote: Welcome aboard ! 

I am Groot over there. 

Hi Groot AKA kdog!  minusculebeercheers
@"JBurns" 
Hi  :minusculehi:

PM BIAD and let him know what you'r like as a AVATAR.
Nice to have you joining our little world here.
(06-19-2020, 08:23 PM)guohua Wrote: @"JBurns" 

Will do and thank you  mediumalien
(06-19-2020, 09:17 PM)JBurns Wrote:

BIAD's avatar tailor shoppe awaits JB's instruction!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-19-2020, 09:27 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 09:17 PM)JBurns Wrote:

BIAD's avatar tailor shoppe awaits JB's instruction!

I suppose BIAD is Preparing to to grab that Pointy Instrument again,,,,,,,,,,, tinylaughing  Don't stand or bend over in his way  tinybiggrin
Heart 
Hello and welcome!  minusculebeercheers
Hi everyone!

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-19-2020, 10:21 PM)beez Wrote: Hi everyone!

tinybiggrin

Hello beez, how are you?

Did you have anything to do with the Playboy Mansion Bunny Lock Down,,,, I here they may have the pregnancy results soon!!!! smallroflmao
(06-19-2020, 10:23 PM)guohua Wrote:

tinybiggrin

Hello beez, how are you?

Did you have anything to do with the Playboy Mansion Bunny Lock Down,,,, I here they may have the pregnancy results soon!!!! smallroflmao

6 decades I've been around.

And while I may have been quite the Lothario in my youth, I've been snipped and put out to pasture.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-19-2020, 10:39 PM)beez Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 10:23 PM)guohua Wrote:

tinybiggrin

Hello beez, how are you?

6 decades I've been around.

And while I may have been quite the Lothario in my youth, I've been snipped and put out to pasture.

Snipped,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tinywhat 
Put Out To Pasture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mediumwink  Never!!!
Hello to all of you, and welcome! You're not "refugees" here - you've just come home is all. You're among family.

I recall all of you from "over there", where I was nenothtu in a former incarnation. I've not used that handle since ATS, and it seems "nenothtu" is scheduled to soon die. that's the nature of life. Shit happens. It seems that "Regent in perpetuity" does have time limits after all! @"Beez", you're the one that came up with that idea... and some of the rest of you helped rope me into the gig - but it's ok, I don't hold grudges.

Here, you're in a different world. You're among family, and perhaps more importantly, friends. Sure, we're gonna fight some times, but all family and most friends do occasionally - it don't mean a thing. We're all adult enough to buy each other a beer while we're patching one another back up.

@"Projectvxn" - eagle has landed, and here we are! Let's make the most of it, and above all enjoy!

I'd say more, but I need to go spend a couple hours earning my daily bread so I can buy more guns n stuff, so I'll catch you all again in a few!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-19-2020, 05:38 PM)projectvxn Wrote: I'm glad to have been invited to this community. ATS is falling apart and I feel like a refugee. ...

...I'm projectvxn. People not on the internet know me as Bryan. Nice to meet you.

Hi Bryan,

Very nice to meet you too.

I'm Gordi (on and off the interwebz!) - "Gordi The Drummer" on ATS.

Around these parts, they sort of see me as...
mediumscotshowingbutt

Welcome aboard!
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-19-2020, 05:38 PM)projectvxn Wrote: I'm glad to have been invited to this community. ATS is falling apart and I feel like a refugee. 

I spent a lot of time thinking about the course they will be taking. I give them a month, maybe two at most, and all the work I put on that site will disappear forever. I don't wanna make this entirely about ATS. I just think it's important to discuss where I'm coming from and how I wound up here. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that the reasons and circumstances that brought me here are similar to many others who already made the exodus. 

I fully intend to contribute as much here as I did there only more so. I need a place that will really allow creative content.

For those of you who don't know who I am: 

I am a combat veteran, OEF 13-14

I am a husband for the last 15 years and a father for the last 7. 

I am a martial artist with a decent background and a beginner's mindset. Currently focused on Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

I am a leader. I believe in leadership through accountability, compassion, and empathy. 

I am a follower. I believe in following leaders who lead with accountability, compassion, and empathy. 

I am on The Path. The Path of personal growth, discipline, and responsibility. 

I am a conservative man. This does not make me inaccessible, rigid, or unchanging. But it does make me cautious in accepting ideas without first placing them through proper filters. 

I am always striving to be better today than I was yesterday and unapologetically seek to be better

I am seeking more responsibility not less. 

I am not religious. Nor do I have a right to say that I believe in God. Belief requires truth and action. If I believe in God it isn't enough to say that I do, but I must act as though I do by emulating what God is. I am human and will never achieve this. So therefore I acknowledge God as the creator of the universe and I acknowledge God's authority over it. But I cannot say that I believe in God in accordance with my convictions.  

Sometimes I fail to live up to my own standards. In those moments I require the calibration of others who are sticking with their standards. We all need to be checked. 

I do NOT always subordinate my ego. You'll know when that happens. Everyone does. 

Generally, I'm just another human on God's Earth. I am entitled to nothing but my responsibilities. 

I'm projectvxn. People not on the internet know me as Bryan. Nice to meet you.

Glad to see you made it around here ! Welcome