Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ATS has just about closed..needs a buyer
(06-19-2020, 09:57 PM)Night Star Wrote: I missed you guys so much! HUGS!

I have to get re-oriented and learn how to post pics again and navigate the site. I'll need a new Shed. Not sure if I'll keep that particular name or not though. OH cool I got a pic in here. LOL

[Image: 12247143-970984816273669-5831678332018729106-n.jpg]

My Friend, you've always been apart of our Family Here.
Anything you need just ask.

We treat everyone here as Equals and Family.  Biggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I went over to ATS and put out the welcome mat.  I see a few more have come over. I hope I get my thread downloaded before they ban me for posting this website.

On page 177 right now. 

Back to it...
(06-19-2020, 10:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I went over to ATS and put out the welcome mat.  I see a few more have come over. I hope I get my thread downloaded before they ban me for posting this website.

On page 177 right now. 

Back to it...

Be careful Mystic Wanderer, that is how I got Banned there, I PM'ed a friend there and got turned into a MOD and Banned, back when i was trying to inform people about H H.

Stay Safe, I would prefer you got all your content stored away.
(06-19-2020, 10:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I went over to ATS and put out the welcome mat.  I see a few more have come over. I hope I get my thread downloaded before they ban me for posting this website.

On page 177 right now. 

Back to it...

Hi Mystic,
I'm not sure if this helps, but...

The Wayback Machine has archived all of ATS already. (It might just be a wee bit of a pain to dig down to the thread you might want to revisit...)

LINK to ATS on Wayback Machine

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
The Wayback Machine is a neat idea, but does it have any actual web pages archived, or is it just a ton of stats claiming they were archived? I've seen the stats and pretty graphs, but can't find any actual pages...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-19-2020, 08:46 AM)guohua Wrote: Yes he should have, My Husband paid to have the Domain Name change from Dot Net To Dot Com through Go Daddy.
When he Banned Me and Sol and you others I sent all the Go Daddy information to his Personnel Email and I informed him the account was paid up for Five years I think it was.

No Hard Feelings, I remember when Senona told me about one of the Member there at H H said each time I posted it made Her Squirm in her chair because I talked about S&M and B&D some time.
No hard Feeling and OUR Site Allows that here if it is What Floats Your Boat!  smallslavedriver minusculemooning   tinybigeyes

Oooh OOOH!

made her squirm in her chair, did it?

tinyangry tinybighuh tinybigeyes tinybiggrin tinyangry

I didn't know what happened to it until I went looking night before last. I couldn't even get in to archive my stuff there until the time came that I didn't even care to archive it any more - now it's just drifting in the electronic wind.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Hello everyone, good to be here.

I made a thread on ATS requesting sites that are similar to it.
This place was mentioned, so ive registered.

Im gonna tell people there how good this place is i like what ive seen so far.

For those that know me, im gonna try keep my birds in my signature fwiw tinycool
[Image: birds.gif]
[Image: yc51103838.gif]

(06-20-2020, 02:04 PM)SecretKnowledgeATS Wrote: Hello everyone, good to be here.

For those that know me, im gonna try keep my birds in my signature fwiw tinycool

Hi Secret!
Thanks very much for that and WELCOME to the good ship Rogue!
G
(06-20-2020, 02:04 PM)SecretKnowledgeATS Wrote: Hello everyone, good to be here.

Good to see you found your way over @"SecretKnowledgeATS". Welcome!   minusculebeercheers 

I hope all the new members enjoy their new home at RN. 
I look forward to the many new conversations that lie ahead.   tinybiggrin
(06-20-2020, 12:40 PM)Ninurta Wrote: The Wayback Machine is a neat idea, but does it have any actual web pages archived, or is it just a ton of stats claiming they were archived? I've seen the stats and pretty graphs, but can't find any actual pages...

Hi @"Ninurta" 

YES, the whole site is saved AFAIK.
All of those green circles on the calendar (at the page I linked to) represent snapshots of the website taken on those dates, (sometimes more than one per day) Hover over the date that you want to see/visit and choose which snapshot to open (if there are more than one.)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7790]
cheers,
G

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-18-2020, 10:43 PM)guohua Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 11:23 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I followed ATS for some years, and have watched its slow downfall. From the way mods wrote it was easy to see that a lot of infighting was going on, MODs blocking and deleting the work of other MODs. Then came the big purge and the winning MODs started to mess the site up. Posts were censored not because of been offensive but because the post did not fit into what the MODs wanted.
They would just block people from signing on with no warning, it was also suspected that MODs had multi names to try and cover up what was happening, MODs posting as normal members so to control the posts.
ATS was one of many sites and news papers that were chosen for a project to study how MODs try and control information as well as the use of posters with multi accounts.
I seen some of the results and ATS did not fair well.
Having said that I have no wish to see ATS fall.

I think we are more Liberal with our content and the why we encourage people to Post their Thoughts.
We have The VERY Best MODS of any site.

By The Way,,,,,ATS'ers need to check us out, we are not the complicated of a site to post on.
I think we are Fair and Welcoming.  minusculebeercheers
JMHO

For the record, you just said Liberal in a positive way. I will cherish this comment forever G  tinyinbiglove
@"DuckforcoveR" said,

Quote:For the record, you just said Liberal in a positive way. I will cherish this comment forever G 

Scoreboard:

@"guohua" :  1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

@"DuckforcoveR" :  1

minusculebeercheers Cheers Duckypoo! You finally got one!   tinybiggrin
(06-20-2020, 05:37 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"DuckforcoveR" said,

Quote:For the record, you just said Liberal in a positive way. I will cherish this comment forever G 

Scoreboard:

@"guohua" :  1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

@"DuckforcoveR" :  1

minusculebeercheers Cheers Duckypoo! You finally got one!   tinybiggrin

YAY!!!! tinybiggrin tinybiggrin tinybiggrin
(06-20-2020, 05:32 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 11:23 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I followed ATS for some years, and have watched its slow downfall. From the way mods wrote it was easy to see that a lot of infighting was going on, MODs blocking and deleting the work of other MODs. Then came the big purge and the winning MODs started to mess the site up. Posts were censored not because of been offensive but because the post did not fit into what the MODs wanted.
They would just block people from signing on with no warning, it was also suspected that MODs had multi names to try and cover up what was happening, MODs posting as normal members so to control the posts.
ATS was one of many sites and news papers that were chosen for a project to study how MODs try and control information as well as the use of posters with multi accounts.

I think we are more Liberal with our content and the why we encourage people to Post their Thoughts.

By The Way,,,,,ATS'ers need to check us out, we are not the complicated of a site to post on.
JMHO

For the record, you just said Liberal in a positive way. I will cherish this comment forever G  tinyinbiglove

Im still trying to understand what a "positive liberal" is  minusculebiggrin
Well I consider myself a positive person...  tinycool

But I also differentiate between liberal ideas and being a liberal.  minusculebeercheers
(06-20-2020, 05:32 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:

JMHO

@"DuckforcoveR"  I have to admit, I have many Liberal friends and Actually, YOU My Friend are My All Time Favorite Liberal Minded Friend  mediumbluelove
@guohua that made my day! I promise to keep being that bern in your side, I mean thorn...  tinycool tinylaughing
Well it seems that a member buyout might be on the cards over there.

Whether the talk turns to action is another thing but it seems to be gaining momentum
[Image: birds.gif]
[Image: yc51103838.gif]

(06-21-2020, 08:46 AM)SecretKnowledgeATS Wrote: Well it seems that a member buyout might be on the cards over there.

Whether the talk turns to action is another thing but it seems to be gaining momentum

Yup,
my gut feeling was that the owners would lean that way if given the chance.
I think it's probably the best outcome for everyone there?
Interesting Times!
G
(06-18-2020, 10:43 PM)guohua Wrote: I think we are more Liberal with our content and the why we encourage people to Post their Thoughts.
JMHO
Not sure I qualify as a refugee (yet) but I am having happier thoughts than I was yesterday.