Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Favorite Movie math god chooses
WELL DONE 

For as long as I can remember, I have loved math tricks. This one really works! It will take you only about ten seconds and, amazingly, it will reveal your all-time favorite movie.

I'm pretty good at math, so I did it in my head, then on paper, and finally on a calculator just to confirm my mathematical calculations. Each time I got the same answer, and sure enough, it IS my very favorite movie... EVER

DO NOT cheat. DO YOUR math, THEN compare the results on the list of movies at the bottom.  You will be AMAZED at how scary true and accurate this test is:

1. Pick a number from 1-9.
2. Multiply that number by 3.
3. Add 3.
4. Multiply by 3 again.
5. Your total will be a two digit number. Add the first and second digits together to find your favorite movie (of all time) in the list of 17 movies below:

Movie List:

1. Gone With the Wind
2. E.T.
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Star Wars
5. Forrest Gump
6. The Good, the Bad, and the ugly
7. Jaws
8. Grease
9. The Nancy Pelosi Resignation Speech
10. Casablanca
11. Jurassic Park
12. Shrek
13. Pirates of the Caribbean
14. Titanic
15. Raiders of the Lost Ark
16. Home Alone
17. Mrs. Doubtfire

... Now, isn't that something?

A little hard to read, needs to be highlighted.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-05-2020, 06:20 PM)guohua Wrote: A little hard to read, needs to be highlighted.

I can fix it so that the text is more visible without having to highlight it if Sky would like me to. Some of my own posts have started doing that, so I had to figure out how to fix them.

But yeah, that IS my favorite movie!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Wow...! It works, that movie would be any sensible person's favourite.
tinylaughing
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I can't see it.   tinycrying

ETA: Went to the white screen. See it well.  I guess we know which shade Sky is using.   minusculebiggrin 

That would be my all-time favorite movie, for sure!
(06-05-2020, 09:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 06:20 PM)guohua Wrote: A little hard to read, needs to be highlighted.

I can fix it so that the text is more visible without having to highlight it if Sky would like me to. Some of my own posts have started doing that, so I had to figure out how to fix them.

Yes Please.. I know nothing about fixing just about anything on a computer
(06-05-2020, 10:18 PM)727Sky Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 09:09 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

Yes Please.. I know nothing about fixing just about anything on a computer

Done. 

For some reason, what has been happening to me the past couple weeks is that a cut and paste always brings spurious BB tags that make the letters illegible. I have to do an edit to remove the tags, and voila! the words magically appear.

@"Mystic Wanderer"'s comment makes me wonder... it may be a function of copying text from an HTML5 document and transplanting it. Most webpages have a light background and dark text, and it may be that using the dark background with light text here is interfering with the text because of that. I use the dark background to prevent migraines, and sometimes the text does not appear on it when I post stuff, and doing the "quick edit" editing option gives me the ability to remove the BB code tags and make the writing legible.

If you are using the light background, let me know if the text still appears for you.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I've noticed that when BIAD is posting and he finds some of the posted text 'problematic', he uses an icon that is
in one of the boxes contained within the white posting-area that you're pasting the text.

Just above your pasted text there eight rectangular boxes. The first box holds letters that helps if you want to have
your text bold, italic, underlined or crossed-out. But it's the third box that holds the secret of helping with copied
text from other websites.

The third box contains three letters 'A' and tiny set of coloured squares. But the final 'A' -the one with a small red
circle at its base is the important one. Highlight your pasted text and click that icon... then any previous formatting
of your copied-and-pasted text is removed.

Also -and I don't know if this helps, Boy In A Dress sticks his tongue out of the side of his mouth whilst performing
the manoeuvre.
tinyfunny
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.