Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking! Explosion at Central Park New York
I had a feeling things would get "hairy" this weekend, and I don't think this is all we will see in the news. 
I just hope whatever it is, it won't be a major catastrophic event that kills lots of people.   tinyshocked 

Quote:A man was severely injured in an explosion in New York's Central Park today, but it was not yet clear what caused the blast, police said.

The incident occurred not far from the Central Park zoo, and a bomb squad was on the scene, the New York Police Department said.

The man was taken to Bellevue hospital with a "possible amputation," a Fire Department of New York spokesperson said. The spokesperson would not speculate on what caused the explosion.

Source

This is all the information I've seen on this, for now.  If anyone has updates, please share.

From an article I read it sounded like an IED set off by a pressure device.. Something as simple as a shot gun shell rigged as a land mine... There are so many ways to hurt someone for the determined. If it was wait for the, "ban all shotgun shell brigade".
I actually preside as the president of the Ban Shotgun Shell chapter of Cloud Nine tinyangry

Among the other things I'm working daily to ban:

Spoons, Forks, Sporks, canoe anchors, weed-whackers, dutch ovens, those plastic "table" looking things that used to keep the wax paper pizza box thingy from being melted to the pizza, and smores. Stay tuned, I'm working on more ballot initiatives for November minusculebiggrin
(07-04-2016, 01:26 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I actually preside as the president of the Ban Shotgun Shell chapter of Cloud Nine tinyangry

Spoons, Forks, Sporks, canoe anchors, weed-whackers, dutch ovens, those plastic "table" looking things that used to keep the wax paper pizza box thingy from being melted to the pizza, and smores. Stay tuned, I'm working on more ballot initiatives for November minusculebiggrin
Super Glue,,,, Yes we need to Ban Super Glue!!!! minusculebiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-04-2016, 01:26 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I actually preside as the president of the Ban Shotgun Shell chapter of Cloud Nine tinyangry

Good to know we have someone out there who is taking care of things.  One of my biggest fears is to be walking down the street and have a dutch oven fall on my head.   minusculebeercheers