Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus - Take two - Action!
Thank you all, annual flu has been a regular friend of mine, but this time I just felt lousy!

Maybe I should get one of these?!!!
tinylaughing

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9138]

(And Ferguson is an deceiving asshole!)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(02-25-2021, 06:39 PM)BIAD Wrote: I'm laid-up in bed at the moment with a horrible bout of (NOT Covid!) flu and decided to lift my spirits with
some good old-fashioned comedy called mainstream news on a Television set in my bedroom that makes a
fine dust-collector.

So as I hacked a lung out and steadied my bowels, I watched my local news outlet on the only major
independent channel in the UK that could supposedly rival the BBC. It was the usual reportage of misery,
with clips of old people weeping their relief of being saved by an hospital and as long as the camera didn't
pan down to the twenty-stone bodies stuffed into a wheelchair, we could easily fall for the usual narrative
that Coronavirus came to this chilly land, scared everyone into their homes and only took the slowest and
unhealthy.

Stay away from medical personnel. They'll insist on testing you, and it's a well known scientific fact that the common flu turns into covid immediately upon exposure to a test kit. Follow the science! Stay away from doctors!

Plus, the CCP has taken a page from the alien playbook and started testing for covid by anal swap. Now we know what all that "alien probing" was REALLY all about! Rest assured that it will only be a matter of time before anal probe testing spreads around the world, just like covid did, both courtesy the CCP. You don't want to be the first for that treatment, now do you?

Get better soon! I'm still recommending the 151 proof rum as a valid medical treatment. If it'll kill covid, it ought to at least beat the shit out of a flu... in the meantime, do not laugh at anything I've posted here. You have a delicate Ailementary condition to consider. Laughter cannot be good for it, and the results could be disastrous.

If you get a package from the US with "Ninurta" in the return address that is labelled "delicate auto parts - do not drop!", it's a special virus treatment I've been working on - moonshine infused with hot peppers. That'll kill any virus ever made.

The CCP also taught me that smuggler's trick with the package labelling...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Care home “Covid” deaths have increased by 240% since Vaccinations began   tinybighuh

The Daily Expose
Dr.Fauci explained 2014 how mandatory quarantines for healthcare workers involved in the extremely deadly West African Ebola virus outbreak that occurred just several years ago was too harsh. Few years later this same idiot  is promoting lockdowns to covid_19 aka the flu . 

Stunning admission: Mandatory quarantines too harsh for Ebola, “justified” for COVID, according to Dr. Fauci

Watch the video now before they delete it :     NBC News

You can't make this stuff up tinyok
So, who is Bill Gates really?   minusculethinking

Quote:Contrary to popular perception, Bill Gates did not invent the original Microsoft operating system and by the early 2000s, Gates was universally reviled for his mercenary, back-stabbing business practices against competitors and his closest associates, alike.
After Microsoft lost its antitrust cases with the governments of the US and the EU, Bill Gates took cues from the late John D Rockefeller in order to transform his public persona from the world’s most ruthless monopolist to the world’s most generous philanthropist. Today, he is the Planetary Vaccinator-in-Chief, who has inflicted death and untold damage on victims in India and Africa with his HPV and polio vaccines. This excerpt from the documentary film, ‘Plandemic’ charts this transformation.

You cannot find a person promoting coronavirus alarmism who’s not part of the interlocking directorates of the World Health Organization, the CDC, the NIAID or the philanthropic organizations that are the cover organizations that fund them, most of them controlled by Bill Gates.

There are over 1,300 patents that are issued and held by organizations that are multiple recipients of funding, through the Gates Foundation and others and all of them also have links to Anthony Fauci’s NIAID’s funding sources. The conflicts of interest, in the funding and in the decision-making and in the inside knowledge between competitor organizations constitute violations of the antitrust laws of the United States, which are Federal crimes.

Sadly, Big Pharma companies have bribed everybody and are holding the entire medical industry hostage, from the medical schools, to the regulators, to the journals. Outside of paying fines as a cost of doing business, they have no accountability, whereas, in the old days, such CEOs would do jail time.

Much more to read here: LINK

Watch the video:  A DELETED BILL GATES DOCUMENTARY HAS BEEN REVIVED
(03-01-2021, 08:38 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: So, who is Bill Gates really?   minusculethinking

Quote:Contrary to popular perception, Bill Gates did not invent the original Microsoft operating system and by the early 2000s, Gates was universally reviled for his mercenary, back-stabbing business practices against competitors and his closest associates, alike.
After Microsoft lost its antitrust cases with the governments of the US and the EU, Bill Gates took cues from the late John D Rockefeller in order to transform his public persona from the world’s most ruthless monopolist to the world’s most generous philanthropist. Today, he is the Planetary Vaccinator-in-Chief, who has inflicted death and untold damage on victims in India and Africa with his HPV and polio vaccines. This excerpt from the documentary film, ‘Plandemic’ charts this transformation.

You cannot find a person promoting coronavirus alarmism who’s not part of the interlocking directorates of the World Health Organization, the CDC, the NIAID or the philanthropic organizations that are the cover organizations that fund them, most of them controlled by Bill Gates.

There are over 1,300 patents that are issued and held by organizations that are multiple recipients of funding, through the Gates Foundation and others and all of them also have links to Anthony Fauci’s NIAID’s funding sources. The conflicts of interest, in the funding and in the decision-making and in the inside knowledge between competitor organizations constitute violations of the antitrust laws of the United States, which are Federal crimes.

Sadly, Big Pharma companies have bribed everybody and are holding the entire medical industry hostage, from the medical schools, to the regulators, to the journals. Outside of paying fines as a cost of doing business, they have no accountability, whereas, in the old days, such CEOs would do jail time.

Much more to read here: LINK

Watch the video:  A DELETED BILL GATES DOCUMENTARY HAS BEEN REVIVED

Yeeh Bill is total nut 

Here is more info about the Global health overlord Kill hates :

Bill Gates Wants to Realize Global Vision in His Lifetime

Bill Gates What you were not told BitChute

The parody shows the other darker side of Bill hates
Here are some links to some documents about the Covid-19 virus and Dr. Fauci's communications with the WHO.

Quote:This is a partial response to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request that is the subject of the complaint filed in Daily Caller v. HHS, 20-cv-1149, now pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Your FOIA request, dated April 1, 2020, was received by the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) on the same day.
You requested communications of Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. H. Clifford Lane that either 1) include a World Health Organization official and concern the novel coronavirus, or 2) discuss the World Health Organization or certain of its officials, as well as China and the novel coronavirus. You requested these communications from January 1, 2020 to April 1, 2020.
In accordance with the Court’s order dated September 22, 2020, we have processed 301 pages of responsive records this month, in addition to 300 pages that were processed last month. We are producing them to you, with certain information withheld pursuant to FOIA Exemptions 4 and 6 of the FOIA, 5 U.S.C. 552(b)(4), 5 U.S.C. 552 (b)(6) and sections 5.65 and 5.67 of the HHS FOIA Regulations, 45 C.F.R. Part 5. Exemption 4 protects from disclosure trade secrets and commercial or financial information that is privileged and confidential. Exemption 6 exempts from disclosure records the release of which would cause a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.

Read the PDF here: Link

And here are graphs and a closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19:  Link
More deaths occur in Canada after patients in nursing home take the vaccine. 

Quote: The Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19) is ravaging the Cottonwoods Care Center in British Columbia (BC), Canada, after both patients and staff members at the facility were mass vaccinated for the alleged disease.

Reports indicate that many at Cottonwoods are now falling seriously ill or dying due to the jabs, which the government and mainstream media continue to claim will “cure” the plandemic if only everyone would agree to get one.
Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry admitted during a press conference about the outbreak that getting stabbed for the Chinese virus does not actually do anything beneficial, and is actually just for show or for virtue signaling bragging rights.

According to Henry, two staff members and 10 residents tested “positive” for the Wuhan flu after getting vaccinated. Some of these cases occurred in people who had received both doses of the messenger RNA (mRNA) experimental gene therapy injection from Pfizer and BioNTech.
“You can have transmission even when people are fully vaccinated,” Henry told reporters. “The illness seems to be milder and doesn’t transmit as much [and we] won’t see rapid explosive outbreaks.”
As it turns out, the exact opposite of what Henry claims occurred at Cottonwoods, where those who took the injections suffered horrific adverse events, including death. Meanwhile, the rest of BC, much of which has not been vaccinated, would seem to be doing just fine.

At the end of the month, Henry says, the province will offer a new public health guidance that allows for increased visitation at long-term care facilities such as Cottonwoods.
Henry, as you may recall, announced the BC’s first known case of the Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19) last February. An area resident in his 40s tested “positive,” and afterwards agreed to voluntarily self-isolate.
Wearing a mask and getting jabbed both appear to be risk factors for early death

Read more: Source
I'm posting this website as a reference for myself, as well as others, who may wish to get the HCQ prescription. My doctor would not give it to me, so I'm forced to get it elsewhere.

If you are truly scared of getting Covid-19 and fear it could kill you, go to this site and order HCQ to have on hand in case you do get it. Taking it early after getting infected is key.

There are other prophylactics one can take as well; no need to be a DNA experiment guinea pig for these tyrants. 

Check out the Front Line Doctors page for all kinds of great information:  Front Line Doctors
(Just a reminder, please see my post above.)

David Jensen on GAB:
Quote:This fits with Dr. Vanden Bossche's warning that mRNA vaccines create dangerous COVID variants while shutting-down your innate immune system's broad antibodies from responding to new variants:

COVID Cases Spiking in States with HIGH VACCINATION Rates

Just posting one paragraph down on the page:

Quote:Circling back to these new strains, scientists and health officials are on edge because both the UK and Cali strains spread more easily than their predecessors and seem to be more resilient to some of the medicines used to treat COVID-19. The California strain has also shown signs of resistance to the current crop of COVID-19 vaccines, which is just a reminder that a second generation of jabs is already being designed. Studies have found that the California strain, which is one of two new strains first sequenced in the US, is 20% more infectious than other strains.

So, am I understanding this right?  People who get this "vaccine" are producing (shedding?) a more infectious strain of Covid than the Covid-19 variant?

If so, then this means the human population will have to take vaccines every few months for the rest of their "short" lives! AND THEY'RE GOING TO KILL THE REST OF US IN THE PROCESS!

There might be some very healthy youth left when all is said and done. They will become the slaves to the elite who forced this plandemic on humanity.  The old and unhealthy will become victims of Bill Gates' depopulation agenda. He did say, "Just wait until the second wave hits; it will get your attention".

ETA: Here is a video of a panel discussing the depopulation agenda Bill Gates has in mind:  

Quote:https://gab.com/ivanahaffun/posts/105917570590720685

Read more and see the states that have had the most vaccines administered, which are also the ones where Covid cases are spiking quickly:  Source
If you, or someone you love, is considering taking the vaccine for Corona virus, PLEASE watch this short clip by some who did and are living to regret it. It just might save you from the fate they now have to bear. 

Warning! This might be difficult to watch. There are many people out there now who are suffering from this vaccine. 

Quote:https://www.bitchute.com/video/9KCxyj9zQ4N8/
Should I start a new thread titled, "Coronavirus - Take Four - Action!" ?

Big Media Spread Fears About a Fourth Wave Caused by a “Double Mutant” Covid Variant Found in the US (VIDEO)
Source

Quote:Since buzzwords like “mutant” and “variant” haven’t scared Americans into submission, Big Media is now telling the public that a fourth wave of Covid is around the corner because of a “double mutant” variant found in the US.

These Covid tyrants want you cowering in fear forever.

Several states have opened up at full capacity within the last couple weeks so the media is in full force screeching about another “surge.”

“This morning concerns about a double mutant Coronavirus variant in the US…now identified in the San Francisco area,” GMA said.
Watch the videos in the source link above. 

Meanwhile in TX, the case numbers have been steadily lowering since people have removed the mask. 

[Image: 036915955fc1a95f.png]

Which science are you going to believe?
[Image: ec467694389cea08.jpg]
(03-19-2021, 06:37 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: (Just a reminder, please see my post above.)

David Jensen on GAB:
Quote:This fits with Dr. Vanden Bossche's warning that mRNA vaccines create dangerous COVID variants while shutting-down your innate immune system's broad antibodies from responding to new variants:

COVID Cases Spiking in States with HIGH VACCINATION Rates

Just posting one paragraph down on the page:

Quote:Circling back to these new strains, scientists and health officials are on edge because both the UK and Cali strains spread more easily than their predecessors and seem to be more resilient to some of the medicines used to treat COVID-19. The California strain has also shown signs of resistance to the current crop of COVID-19 vaccines, which is just a reminder that a second generation of jabs is already being designed. Studies have found that the California strain, which is one of two new strains first sequenced in the US, is 20% more infectious than other strains.

So, am I understanding this right?  People who get this "vaccine" are producing (shedding?) a more infectious strain of Covid than the Covid-19 variant?

If so, then this means the human population will have to take vaccines every few months for the rest of their "short" lives! AND THEY'RE GOING TO KILL THE REST OF US IN THE PROCESS!

There might be some very healthy youth left when all is said and done. They will become the slaves to the elite who forced this plandemic on humanity.  The old and unhealthy will become victims of Bill Gates' depopulation agenda. He did say, "Just wait until the second wave hits; it will get your attention".

ETA: Here is a video of a panel discussing the depopulation agenda Bill Gates has in mind:  

Quote:https://gab.com/ivanahaffun/posts/105917570590720685

Read more and see the states that have had the most vaccines administered, which are also the ones where Covid cases are spiking quickly:  Source

I like the Gab videos. I can download them directly without having to jump through hoops to do so.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:VAERS data released today showed 50,861 reports of adverse events following COVID vaccines, including 2,249 deaths and 7,726 serious injuries between Dec. 14, 2020 and March 26, 2021.

To @"PLOTUS" and @"Wallfire", have you submitted your adverse reactions to VAERS?

Look at the numbers above. Just imagine how many more people have not reported their injuries?

Read more and watch a video here:  Source
In the UK, the dying mainstream media continue to discuss -mainly with other fellow-Journalists,
the Government-stated redundant issue of 'Covid Certificates' as a guessed-at means of entry to
certain public gatherings.

Even though the Prime Minister and his designated Covid-Czars have ruled them out for access to
British alfresco venues like pubs, restaurants and even shopping, the media are still hanging onto
the idea that somewhere in the future, there be a need for someone-unsaid, to see your paperz!

Why...? Nobody in the UK seems to want such restrictive measures and such constrictions go against
many of the Human-Rights Acts that the UK Government are fully aware of. Yet everyday, mouth-pieces
on TV are pushing such an agenda so much, that the biased comments often let slip the previous narrative
that a vaccine is good for us.

The media's ignorant narrative goes like this:
If you've had the vaccine, you should have a certificate that states this. Hence, you can access a facility
or travel overseas.
If you've had a test and proven negative, you should have a certificate that states this. Then the same
'privileges' apply. 
If you've had Covid-19 and now clear of possible transmission, you should have a certificate that states this.
Immunity guarantees a person cannot be a danger in the venues listed above.

Then, a unknown non-Governmental person at a Public drinking-establishment -who hasn't permission from
your Doctor or yourself to access your private medical records and not extensively-trained in health-variables
and public safety, can say yay-or-nay on whether you can drink a pint of beer.
(As of writing this, I noticed the 'Google' logo even have surgical-masks on!)
tinysure

This morning, I discovered from a commentary of Adam Fleming -a 'Westminster' BBC's Chief Political
Correspondent, who unwittingly stated that the best option to be able to avoid all these imagined landmines,
was to contract Covid-19. Presumably -in his imagined world, then any certification would be single and
permanent, as Covid-testing would demand an everyday check and an everyday update of a certificate.

We can all agree when deliberating over a supposed serious matter, various options will be discussed.
This is normal when one is given the responsibility of solving an issue or coming up with alternative ways
of succeeding. Then it would be sensible to look at certain ideas that initially, may seem viable.

Then when such a suggestion is applied to the realities of -in this case, a freedom-based society that
generates finance, a healthy outlook in humanitarian issues and concern for itself and other societies,
a genuine idea might collapse and look ridiculous in the cold light of reality.

So again, why would the mainstream media pursue this dead-and-buried empty-headed narrative?
The answer has nothing to do with the same major news outlets laying in bed with unseen global power-brokers
or doing the bidding of AOC and Greta Thunberg, it's about the failure via today's technology, to retain their control
on public discourse.

People of a certain age trusted the media. Those same people are dying off and as the young -stalwarts of social
-media grow older, they rely on the only thing they know to acquire information. The internet.
Their customer base is diminishing and they don't know what to do except ask the main internet forum-providers
to cancel their -now perceived, enemy.

The social-status of a Journalist has been used for many years as the equivalence of a person of professional
standing, someone who is reliable, trustworthy and self-accountable. Doctor, Teacher... that sort of thing.

A Journalist's name could be used as a reference in a character letter for employment and even to acquire a passport.
Sadly, as the trade melted to accommodate the concept of 'infotainment', a better way of attaining ratings and supporting
the conviction of having social-control via constructed narratives This status has been ironically lost in the minds of the
public. The actual people Journalists were originally perceived to serve!

Sometimes, day-to-day reality takes the place of conspiracy and doubt. When the Loch Ness Monster articles appear in
newspapers or on establishment news websites, it's not because Nessie decided to rear its head when the weather is
better in the Great Glen, it's because news becomes slower when the public -and Journalists, go on vacation and the
workforce is scaled back.
Life is often simple.

The standard method of Journalism is dying and refuses to go down alone. It will report anything at an angle that could
increase traffic to its product and the idea of morally-based principles of neutral factual exposition now belongs to a
romantic past, when social-trust was still believable.

It's a tragic situation, but I -for one, will not be putting flowers on its grave.
On the back of the above opinion piece, the media's pushing of Covid-19 certification seems to have hit
a slight obstacle. Would it be appropriate to have a 'document of freedom' that relies on a vaccine that
may cause blood clots in children and possibly adults?!

They're still not sending their best.

Quote:Covid: Child jabs halted in trial as adult clot link probed

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9231]

'A trial of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid vaccine on children has stopped giving out jabs while the UK's medicines
regulator investigates a possible link with rare blood clots in adults. Prof Andrew Pollard from the University of Oxford
told the BBC there were no safety concerns with the trial itself, but its scientists were waiting for further information.

Around 300 volunteers signed up. Earlier, PM Boris Johnson said people should get their jab when invited.
More than 31.6 million people in the UK have had a first vaccine dose.
A total of 5.4 million people have received a second dose.

Two vaccines - developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca and Pfizer-BioNtech - are being used in the UK, while a third
- from Moderna - has been approved. The trial of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine on children, which started in
February, is assessing whether the jab produces a strong immune response in those aged between six and 17.

Its suspension comes after a European Medicines Agency (EMA) official, speaking in a personal capacity, said
there appeared to be a link with the jab and rare blood clots. Confirming that the trial on children was being paused,
Prof Pollard said: "Whilst there are no safety concerns in the paediatric clinical trial, we await additional information
from the MHRA on its review of rare cases of thrombosis/thrombocytopaenia that have been reported in adults,
before giving any further vaccinations in the trial."

Participants are advised to continue to attend all scheduled visits and can contact the trial sites if they have any
questions. Updates from the EMA and the UK's regulator, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
(MHRA), are expected in the coming days.

The EMA said its safety committee had "not yet reached a conclusion and the review is currently ongoing".
The MHRA says the benefits of the jab continue to outweigh any risk...'
Archived BBC Article:

Not to worry, I'm sure the guinea pigs public will provide any further evidence.
tinysure

I've noticed an increasing number of "news" outlets putting their claptrap behind onerous paywalls. I guess the scare narrative they've been pushing is not as effective at keeping people glued to their rubbish as they hoped it would be - so in their efforts to grasp one more pfenning, they decide to charge all comers to read what they know not to be so. it seems a poor strategy to me. Instead of dropping a coin in their coffers, I just close the page and go on about my day blissfully unaware of whatever bit of prevarication or "spin" they were trying to push in that article. I don't pass "Go", they don't collect their 200 dollars. They don't get their ad revenue that I would have generated, and no clicks for their click bait.

And my mind is cleaner and clearer for it.

Somehow, the human race has managed to survive for a couple hundred thousand years now without double or triple masking or producing their papers at gestapo checkpoints. I think we can still make it without such nonsense, even if another flu season DOES roll around. I have no need for a vaccine passport, there is no justification for it, and I won't be acquiring one. If folks don't like that, they can just keep themselves safe by staying the hell off my patch and outta my yard. My "covid" can't get 'em if they don't get close enough to me to breathe my air.

I feel a small amount of pity for anyone who tries to keep me from going anywhere I want to go for lack of a mask or a hall pass slip of paper. It never ends well for them...

... but that smidgeon of pity is a truly small one. I do not gladly suffer fools.

(04-06-2021, 08:49 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Somehow, the human race has managed to survive for a couple hundred thousand years now without double or triple masking or producing their papers at gestapo checkpoints. I think we can still make it without such nonsense, even if another flu season DOES roll around. I have no need for a vaccine passport, there is no justification for it, and I won't be acquiring one. If folks don't like that, they can just keep themselves safe by staying the hell off my patch and outta my yard. My "covid" can't get 'em if they don't get close enough to me to breathe my air..

T H I S !!!

[Image: tenor.gif]
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
As the weeks roll by and the news-outlets' praises for the Science God' s cure for mankind fades, I believe that the standard
line of todays type of Journalism is still being adhered to. Cannibalism!

The remedy-narrative is all well and good for ratings, the war is won and the public can look forward to going back to normality.
But what is the true effect to the media of this pretend-release from the grip of the plague? Trump has gone, Brexit is all-but put
to bed and the masses are bored with identity-politics. What is a duplicitous power-grabber to do?

News articles that offer wholesome incidents don't sell well. For every kid pulled from a well, there has to be a household hit
with a tornado, such arithmetic ensures an uncertain reader will realise the strata of media is an important factor in their
lives. And if you're needed, then you have control... and get paid.

But what can be used to scare the public and corral them back to their televisions and their preferred newspapers?
The fear-porn of the virus is ageing and avoiding Biden's stumbles doesn't draw outrage. How can one begrudgingly tow the
Government's line and state the country is recovering from the Coof, whilst at the same time shouting that people of colour are
resisting the jab in case it's the syphilis-trials again?

In the best upper-class tones, the answer arrives. "Wait a moment!"
Cannibalism of the vaccine would work and further scares about the disease might help. Doubt could be spread and the death
of the narrative might be delayed. Maybe for a couple of mortgage-payments, at least.

Hmmm.

Quote:Covid-19 raises risk of depression and dementia, study suggests

'People diagnosed with Covid-19 in the previous six months were more likely to develop depression, dementia, psychosis and
stroke, researchers have found.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9233]
Scary image of Grannie dying.

A third of those with a previous Covid infection went on to develop or have a relapse of a psychological or neurological condition.
But those admitted to hospital or in intensive care had an even higher risk. This is likely to be down to both the effects of stress,
and the virus having a direct impact on the brain.

UK scientists looked at the electronic medical records of more than half a million patients in the US, and their chances of developing
one of 14 common psychological or neurological conditions, including:
*brain haemorrhage
*stroke
*Parkinson's
*Guillain-Barré syndrome
*dementia
*psychosis
*mood disorders
*anxiety disorders

Anxiety and mood disorders were the most common diagnosis among those with Covid, and these were more likely to be down to the
stress of the experience of being very ill or taken to hospital, the researchers explained.

Conditions like stroke and dementia were more likely to be down to the biological impacts of the virus itself, or of the body's reaction
to infection in general. Covid-19 was not associated with an increased risk of Parkinson's or Guillain-Barré syndrome (a risk from flu).

Cause and effect

The study was observational, so the researchers couldn't say whether Covid had caused any of the diagnoses - and some people would
have had a stroke or depression in the next six months regardless.

But by comparing a group of people who had had Covid-19 with two groups - with flu and with other respiratory infections respectively
-the researchers at the University of Oxford concluded Covid was associated with more subsequent brain conditions than other respiratory
illnesses.

The participants were matched by age, sex, ethnicity and health conditions, to make them as comparable as possible.
Sufferers were 16% more likely to develop a psychological or neurological disorder after Covid than after other respiratory infections,
and 44% more likely than people recovering from flu.

On top of this, the more severely ill with Covid the patient had been, the more likely they were to receive a subsequent mental health
or brain disorder diagnosis Mood, anxiety or psychotic disorders affected 24% of all patients but this rose to 25% in those admitted to
hospital, 28% in people who were in intensive care and 36% in people who experienced delirium while ill.

Strokes affected 2% of all Covid patients, rising to 7% of those admitted to ICU and 9% of those who had delirium.
And dementia was diagnosed in 0.7% of all Covid patients, but 5% of those who'd experienced delirium as a symptom.
Dr Sara Imarisio, head of research at Alzheimer's Research UK, said: "Previous studies have highlighted that people with dementia are at
higher risk of developing severe Covid-19. This new study investigates whether this relationship may also hold in the other direction.

"The study doesn't focus on the cause of this relationship and it is important that researchers get to the bottom of what underlies these findings."

There is evidence the virus does enter the brain and cause direct damage, neurology professor Masud Husain at the University of Oxford, explained.
It can have other indirect effects, for example by affecting blood clotting which can lead to strokes. And the general inflammation which
happens in the body as it responds to infection can affect the brain.
For just over a third of people developing one or more of these conditions, it was their first diagnosis.

But even where it was a recurrence of a pre-existing problem, researchers said this did not rule out the possibility that Covid had caused the
episode of illness. Prof Dame Til Wykes, at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King's College London, said: "The study
confirms our suspicions that a Covid-19 diagnosis is not just related to respiratory symptoms, it is also related to psychiatric and neurological
problems.

"Looking over six months after diagnosis has demonstrated that the "after-effects" can appear much later than expected - something that is no
surprise to those suffering from Long Covid. "Although as expected, the outcomes are more serious in those admitted to hospital, the study
does point out that serious effects are also evident in those who had not been admitted to hospital."...'
Archived BBC Article:

'Delirium while ill''... been there, had that!