Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This Lunatic,,,, Again!
[Image: Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-Insane.jpeg]
Quote:AOC Commemorates Juneteenth By Calling For Reparations
Source

I have to ask, anyone here Buy, Sell or Own Slaves?  tinysure Do we owe the descendants of past slaves Money, maybe the country that sold its own people into slavery should pay them. 
If you own a Slave it is Wrong!

:mediumomg:  OMG, did I upset someone by standing on my  minusculesoapbox from the Bronx of NY that supports her, I'm Sorry I was Told To be Nice  and more considerate of others,,,,  tinysure
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-20-2020, 06:00 AM)guohua Wrote: [Image: Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-Insane.jpeg]
Source

I have to ask, anyone here Buy, Sell or Own Slaves?  tinysure Do we owe the descendants of past slaves Money, maybe the country that sold its own people into slavery should pay them. 
If you own a Slave it is Wrong!

:mediumomg:  OMG, did I upset someone by standing on my  minusculesoapbox from the Bronx of NY that supports her, I'm Sorry I was Told To be Nice  and more considerate of others,,,,  tinysure

You only have to be considerate of others if they are human, and they in turn are considerate of others. Sandy Cortez does not qualify on either count...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-20-2020, 06:00 AM)guohua Wrote: [Image: Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-Insane.jpeg]
Source

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475e2506fa33be150d4c...=200w.webp]
My wife's family is from Germany.  They came to the US in the early 1900's.

They are white, but had never been related to anyone who's ancestors owned slaves.

Are they exempt from paying reparations, or does this include all white people?

Also, how would that work on taxes?

I remember somewhere that it would be unequal taxation which was/is against the Constitution if memory serves.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-20-2020, 07:23 PM)beez Wrote: My wife's family is from Germany.  They came to the US in the early 1900's.

They are white, but had never been related to anyone who's ancestors owned slaves.

I remember somewhere that it would be unequal taxation which was/is against the Constitution if memory serves.

My ancestors came here before the US was the US, but none of them had slaves. Most were clergy or educators of some sort. Lots of Lords and Ladies back in the UK prior to their coming here in the early 1700s.

-- Hal 
(06-20-2020, 07:23 PM)beez Wrote: My wife's family is from Germany.  They came to the US in the early 1900's.

My ancestors are all still in China (except for my two Aunts in Spirit Form).
My husbands ancestors are all either Blackfoot Sioux Nation peoples or an his mother side German that came to America through Ellis Island.

I have to ask, what about the Chinese brought to America to Build the Railroads under Slave Conditions.
What about the Natives of South America and North America that were Enslaved or Massacred  by the Spanish?
(06-20-2020, 07:58 PM)guohua Wrote:

My husbands ancestors are all either Blackfoot Sioux Nation peoples or an his mother side German that came to America through Ellis Island.

I have to ask, what about the Chinese brought to America to Build the Railroads under Slave Conditions.
What about the Natives of South America and North America that were Enslaved or Massacred  by the Spanish?

I think that's the point, maybe.

Once you obligate yourself to someone else for the sins of the past, you obligate yourself to anyone.
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-20-2020, 08:40 PM)beez Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 07:58 PM)guohua Wrote:

I think that's the point, maybe.

Once you obligate yourself to someone else for the sins of the past, you obligate yourself to anyone.

True, but I have to think if any ask Spain for Reparation for their past, I think Spain would give them the [Image: giphy.gif] [Image: giphy.gif]
(06-20-2020, 08:48 PM) pid=\37944' Wrote:[quote pid='37942' dateline='1592682049']

True, but I have to think if any ask Spain for Reparation for their past, I think Spain would give them the [Image: giphy.gif] [Image: giphy.gif]
[/quote]

It's the white, liberal apologists who gladly kneel to BLM, apologize for every slight done 200 years ago that will sacrifice their freedoms and ours on the altar of Virtue Signaling.
-Abraham Lincoln