Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thus the Republic falls to applause: Hypocrisy of the elite
Zuckerberg Targets Trump; Blasts 'Fearful' Anti-Immigration, Anti-Trade Voices

Quote:Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg used his opening speech at his company's annual conference to speak out against those calling for a "wall," for "slowing immigration," and for "reducing trade." Zuckerberg's comments appeared directly aimed at the Republican frontrunner, Donald Trump.

"We stand for connecting every person. For a global community. For bringing people together. For giving all people a voice. For a free flow of ideas and culture accross nations," said Zuckerberg. "And this idea of connecting the world has gotten stronger over the last century."

Added the Facebook founder, "But now as I look around and as I travel around the world, I'm starting to see people and nations turning inward. Against this idea of a connected world and global community. I hear fearful voices calling for building walls and distancing people they label as 'others,' for blocking free expression, for slowing immigration, for reducing trade ... It takes courage to choose hope over fear."

The tech mogul tried to be optimistic. "Instead of building walls, we can help people build bridges. And instead of dividing people, we can bring people together. We do that one connection at a time. One innovation at a time."

"That's why I think the work we're doing together is more important now than ever before," said Zuckerberg.

Article Tags2016 ELECTIONSMARK ZUCKERBERG

Standard liberal flare But..

Mark Zuckerberg Angers His Hawaiian Neighbors by Building 6-Foot Wall

Quote:Mark Zuckerberg’s construction of a 6-foot wall around his oceanfront property in Hawaii has reportedly made him a lightning rod in the community.

The wall around the 32-year-old Facebook billionaire’s more than 700-acre Kilauea property is reportedly being built to block noise from nearby roads.

Local residents are complaining, however, that the wall will block their views and the ocean breeze.

Mark Zuckerberg Reveals the Surprising Length of His Workday at Facebook

Mark Zuckerberg Puts Tape Over His Webcam

“The feeling of it is really oppressive. It’s immense,” Kilauea resident Gy Hall told The Garden Island newspaper. “It’s really sad that somebody would come in and buy a huge piece of land and the first thing they do is cut off this view that’s been available and appreciative by the community here for years.”

Other neighbors who spoke to the newspaper described the wall as a “monstrosity” and not “neighborly.”

“I’m super unhappy about that. I know that land belongs to Zuckerberg. Money is no option for him. I’m 5 [foot] 8, and when I’m walking, I see nothing but wall,” Kilauea resident Donna Mcmillen told The Garden Island. “It just doesn’t fit in with the natural beauty that we have here. There are people on the island who money can pay for anything. These kind of things that they do take away what Kauai is all about.”

According to Forbes, Zuckerberg spent upward of $100 million in 2014 to acquire the property, on Kauai’s North Shore. The Facebook CEO and his wife, Priscilla Chan, have an infant daughter.

Neighbors told The Garden Island they have tried to reach out to Zuckerberg, whose primary residence is in California, through letters and even signs on the wall.

“Somebody has been putting up signs, appealing to Zuckerberg’s generosity and humanity — polite signs on the wall — but those signs just get ripped off as soon as they appear,” Hall said. “There’s a total disconnect from what the community is concerned about and what he wants.”

In a statement, a representative for Zuckerberg’s Kauai operation told ABC News the wall is compliant with the area's rules and regulations.

“Rock walls like this one being built along the roadway are routinely used as sound barriers to reduce highway and road noise, and that is its primary purpose," the statement read. "The sound barrier follows all regulated rules and regulations by the county, and our entire team remains committed to ensuring that any development respects the local landscape and environment and is considerate of neighbors.”

One resident told ABC News the wall is traditional lava rock, which is consistent with the area.

Other observers are questioning if Zuckerberg is building the wall as a privacy measure. All beaches in Hawaii are open to the public, meaning anyone could approach the property by water.

His possible privacy concerns made headlines recently after he posted a photo on Facebookwith his laptop in the background, its camera and microphone jack apparently covered by tape.

The privacy measures were spotted by Twitter user Chris Olson.

Quote:3 things about this photo of Zuck:
Camera covered with tape
Mic jack covered with tape
Email client is Thunderbird pic.twitter.com/vdQlF7RjQt

— Chris Olson (@topherolson) June 21, 2016

LMEAO

tinyangry

Quote:The tech mogul tried to be optimistic. "Instead of building walls, we can help people build bridges. And instead of dividing people, we can bring people together. We do that one connection at a time. One innovation at a time."

I get it .. It is ok for him to have a wall to protect him and his family but not everyone else

Quote:In a statement, a representative for Zuckerberg’s Kauai operation told ABC News the wall is compliant with the area's rules and regulations

I bet if this was some lady following the rules to plant herself a survival garden, it would have been ripped out!
'No, no, Miss.     minusculenonono     You have no money, therefore we will bully you and hope you have to get on welfare so we can control you. Otherwise, we will watch you whither in your skin and die! Then we will seize your property and rent it out to illigals so we can all be a united people.'  Pfft!

Zuckerberg and every last one of "them" who has enough money to think they have power over others are all hypocrites, and that's about the lowest of low; right down there with all the other criminals, IMO.   tinyok

Money is the root of all evil; that's what my granddaddy used to say, and I think he was right.