Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harry and Meghan Want Our Tax Dollars
Now that Harry and Meghan are moving to the U.S. they expect the U.S. taxpayer to pay for their security detail.

Really?

Quote:Will Harry and Meghan get US-taxpayer funded Secret Service protection in LA? Couple will have to ask for 'special help' and the final decision could rest with President Trump as Canadians bid the couple and their security costs farewell.
  • The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and baby Archie made a last minute dash from Canada to the US this week to start their new life in LA 
  • Questions are now being asked about who will foot the bill for their new Hollywood lifestyles 
  • A royal source said the couple will need to ask for 'special help' from President Trump if they want Secret Service protection in the US
  • Harry will no longer be entitled to diplomatic protection in the US, because he is not an 'international protected person' after Megxit 
  • Angry Canadians on social media seemed glad to see the back of the couple
  • They slammed the couple for not contributing to Canada, saying 'we got played'
  • Others criticized their move to fly across borders with baby Archie during pandemic but not return to UK where Prince Charles is sick with coronavirus 
  • Some US residents were happy to hear the Sussexes were new neighbors

President Trump will have the final say, but with this virus taking so much of our money right now, I don't know what his answer will be.
Maybe they should write home to Daddy for a loan?

Quote:Meghan Markle and Prince Harry face having to ask President Trump for 'special help' if they want Secret Service protection for their new life in LA, as Canadians bid the couple and their security costs farewell. 

Trump will have the final say over whether the couple can have diplomatic protection in the US, because Harry will no longer be classed as an 'international protected person' when he completes the final phase of Megxit next week, according to a royal source. 

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and ten-month-old baby Archie made a last minute dash across the border from Canada to the US this week to start their new life in LA.  

Questions are now being asked about who will foot the bill for their new Hollywood lifestyles. 

[Image: 26527520-8163161-image-a-19_1585426818877.jpg]

A royal source said the pair's stepping down removes any obligation on the US government to pay for their security.

No obligation, but they're going to ask anyway? 
I don't see them as royalty here. They aren't in "the family" any longer. They might have to learn to walk the streets just like the rest of us without guards with guns!

Source
Well, that was quick!   tinylaughing 

Quote:'They must pay!' Donald Trump says US will not pay for Harry and Meghan's security after move from Canada

The US will not pay for the security protection of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, President Donald Trump has said.

"Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!"

minusculebeercheers

Source
(03-29-2020, 08:27 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: No obligation, but they're going to ask anyway?  
I don't see them as royalty here. They aren't in "the family" any longer. They might have to learn to walk the streets just like the rest of us without guards with guns!

Source

Speak for yourself - I go nowhere without guards and guns, mostly because I AM a guard, and I have a gun... 

LOL!

As for paying for their security, nope. There aren't any OTHER private citizens from any country on Earth that the US gives Secret Service protection to, and they shan't be the first. The Secret Service is supposed to be protecting our politicians, not private foreigners. They may not recall, but we fought a whole war to get out from under a monarchy, THEIR monarchy, and I can't think of any reason off the top of my head that we should voluntarily re-enter under their monarchy and give them OUR taxes - didn't taxes factor in to that little war we had to begin with? 

Besides, they quit the Royal Family - they're just private folks now, like you or me. The US government doesn't pay for my security, and I bet they don't pay for yours, either.

Nope.

Now, if they want to move here to the Appalachians, I might be persuaded to provide their security for a nominal fee, but I'll be damned if I'll move to Commiefornia to provide it there - they ain't got enough money to pay for that, not even with a loan from Granny E!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

And this:

Quote:Sixth in line to the throne Harry and American former actress Meghan are walking away from the monarchy for a life of personal and financial freedom on March 31.

Source

Freedom means paying your own way, free from encumbering yourself or being beholden to any other government or person.

Nope. No taxes for private citizen security. Not among a free people.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-29-2020, 10:47 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Besides, they quit the Royal Family - they're just private folks now, like you or me...

Yep, that's what they wanted. If they were deemed important enough in the UK to have personal security,
they should've either stayed in the UK or take their chances like everyone else if they choose to split from
the system that required security.

In fact, being in Canada -a Commonwealth country, that security was made available to them. It's been
Harry and Megan's decision to move to Commiefornia and so they should be responsible for their own
safety.
When in Rome...
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(03-30-2020, 09:00 AM)BIAD Wrote: Yep, that's what they wanted. If they were deemed important enough in the UK to have personal security,
they should've either stayed in the UK or take their chances like everyone else if they choose to split from
the system that required security.

In fact, being in Canada -a Commonwealth country, that security was made available to them. It's been
Harry and Megan's decision to move to Commiefornia and so they should be responsible for their own
safety.
When in Rome...

Personally, I think Missus Harry's US citizenship should be stripped form her. If I went to the UK and accepted even a commission in Her majesty's Services, my citizenship would be forfeit. On top of that, we have a law here specifically prohibiting acceptance of foreign titles of nobility (which I presume would include "Duchess") on pain of citizenship loss - yet nothing has been done.

One law for the high-born, a different one for us peons, I reckon. That's the only way the situation can be squared with adherence to "the rule of law"...

(03-30-2020, 09:50 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Personally, I think Missus Harry's US citizenship should be stripped form her.
If I went to the UK and accepted even a commission in Her majesty's Services, my citizenship would be forfeit.
On top of that, we have a law here specifically prohibiting acceptance of foreign titles of nobility (which I presume
would include "Duchess") on pain of citizenship loss - yet nothing has been done.

One law for the high-born, a different one for us peons, I reckon. That's the only way the situation can be squared
with adherence to "the rule of law"...

Personally, I think she'd fallen for the 'lil' Princess'-shyte and thought it would be all wandering through rose gardens
and blinking innocently from the royal carriage as it passed by waving villagers. When she discovered how constricted
her movements would be, the f*cked-up family she'd married into and the lack of narcissistic adoration she'd receive
from the UK press and their need to use her skin colour as a ratings platform, she quickly decided that the best bet
would be to go back to Hollywood and its film-star preening.

Harry -the cuck, just went along with the idea because it gives him the freedom he lost when he became an adult.
With the boring smile-at-the-peasants duties gone, he could attempt to be the spare ginger Prince in a country that
adores the mythical life of royals and romantic pageantry.

But Megan better lay low and not cause waves, that thirteenth pillar in the Alma tunnel can still take another vehicle
being ploughed into it and those French traffic-cameras have a habit of just switching off by themselves.
tinywhat
(03-30-2020, 10:33 AM)BIAD Wrote: Personally, I think she'd fallen for the 'lil' Princess'-shyte and thought it would be all wandering through rose gardens
and blinking innocently from the royal carriage as it passed by waving villagers. When she discovered how constricted
her movements would be, the f*cked-up family she'd married into and the lack of narcissistic adoration she'd receive
from the UK press and their need to use her skin colour as a ratings platform, she quickly decided that the best bet
would be to go back to Hollywood and its film-star preening.

Harry -the cuck, just went along with the idea because it gives him the freedom he lost when he became an adult.
With the boring smile-at-the-peasants duties gone, he could attempt to be the spare ginger Prince in a country that
adores the mythical life of royals and romantic pageantry.

But Megan better lay low and not cause waves, that thirteenth pillar in the Alma tunnel can still take another vehicle
being ploughed into it and those French traffic-cameras have a habit of just switching off by themselves.
tinywhat

That may be the most accurate assessment I've ever seen! Of anything!

Kudos, sir!

Well, that's the end of that debate!!!

Quote:WHO DARES ONES Harry and Meghan to hire former SAS soldiers to keep their family safe in LA.

'Prince Harry is hiring a crack team of former SAS soldiers to keep his family safe.
The unit will provide protection for him, wife Meghan and baby Archie after their move to LA.

The couple chose from a shortlist of two firms whose staff have guarded superstars including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie,
Nicole Kidman and Madonna, as well as senior politicians and diplomats.

The Sun has agreed not to name those guarding the couple due to safety concerns.

A source said: “It doesn’t come cheap — in the region of £400 per operative per day, which will quickly add up with a
team on hand around the clock. “The overall bill will be many tens of thousands of pounds, but Harry and Meghan are
huge celebrities, at least on par with the biggest A-listers in the world...'
The Sun:

Has agreed to not name them or doesn't know their names...?
tinyhuh
(03-30-2020, 10:33 AM)BIAD Wrote: But Megan better lay low and not cause waves, that thirteenth pillar in the Alma tunnel can still take another vehicle
tinywhat

...is that a knock at yer door @"BIAD" ???
...a ticking from under your kettle??
...black helos overhead?

I'll miss you...    tinyhuh

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Well, I believe that our wonderful Royals and... Ex-Royals-to-be should be looked after and cared for in the manner to which they have been accustomed.
How dare these (mere) colonials imply that the cost of keeping our beloved overlords safe should fall on their own shoulders!
I blame the US gun culture!
If the US didn't have weapons on every street corner and in every concealed pocket then our wonderful superiors could be protected with nothing more than a shake of a smartly brandished umbrella and a strongly worded rebuff.

"Begone colonial knave or you'll feel the wrath of the pointy end of my trusty parasol!"

Sorted.

So, just get rid of the guns USA.
Simples,
or Pay for (y)our Royal Sovereignty!

tinybiggrin

(04-01-2020, 01:51 PM)gordi Wrote: Well, I believe that our wonderful Royals and... Ex-Royals-to-be should be looked after and cared for in the manner to which they have been accustomed.
How dare these (mere) colonials imply that the cost of keeping our beloved overlords safe should fall on their own shoulders!
If the US didn't have weapons on every street corner and in every concealed pocket then our wonderful superiors could be protected with nothing more than a shake of a smartly brandished umbrella and a strongly worded rebuff.

"Begone colonial knave or you'll feel the wrath of the pointy end of my trusty parasol!"

Sorted.

Simples,

tinybiggrin

Begone Royals, Begone! tinysure

You are part of the Hollywood Elite Now, if you don't like L A (I don't blame you) Move back to Canada or the Royal Family.
Americans Don't Need or Want You,,,, Real Americans anyway.

We are going out to fire and resight our big bore rifles and hand guns today because it is a Great Day, sunshine and 72 degrees. Should be firing about 1500 rounds, that is what my husband loaded into our truck.
Using our older lot number ammunition up first. minusculeuzi
smallmachinegun
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-31-2020, 09:05 AM)BIAD Wrote: Well, that's the end of that debate!!!

Quote:WHO DARES ONES Harry and Meghan to hire former SAS soldiers to keep their family safe in LA.

'Prince Harry is hiring a crack team of former SAS soldiers to keep his family safe.
The unit will provide protection for him, wife Meghan and baby Archie after their move to LA.

The couple chose from a shortlist of two firms whose staff have guarded superstars including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie,
Nicole Kidman and Madonna, as well as senior politicians and diplomats.

The Sun has agreed not to name those guarding the couple due to safety concerns.

A source said: “It doesn’t come cheap — in the region of £400 per operative per day, which will quickly add up with a
team on hand around the clock. “The overall bill will be many tens of thousands of pounds, but Harry and Meghan are
huge celebrities, at least on par with the biggest A-listers in the world...'
The Sun:

Has agreed to not name them or doesn't know their names...?
tinyhuh

My guess would be knows the name of the agency, but not the individual operatives.  The agency itself has probably just finished putting the roster together, and has only learned the operative names a few minutes ago - I bet the ink isn't even dry!

£400 per operative per day is a bargain price for former SAS. The agency will take anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of that, usually, and pay the operatives the rest.It's a rare agency that takes less - I only know of one that charged 21.00 an hour per man, and paid the operatives themselves 18.00 of that, pocketing a mere 3.00 per hour per man - that was back in the 1990's, and I'd guess prices have gone up since then.

At £400/$500 per day per man, that's going to give the agents themselves roughly $250/day. Let's call it $240/day for easy calculation. That would be $20.00/hr for a 12 hour shift, which is what off duty cops were making back in the 90's - not much for an SAS caliber individual today. Because of that, I'm guessing it will be on standard 8 hour shifts, so they are making roughly $30.00/hour. Probably 4 men for each 8 hr shift = 12 agents per day@ $500/day each comes up to £4800 / $6000 per day, a pretty hefty bill. Harry is probably going to have to get a second job... 

-----------------

Explanatory note: I'm basing the figures on experience I gained doing the same sort of work for Bank of America executives who were under threat back in the 90's and early 2000's, so the figures are extremely "ballpark", and may be off by a mile. We were not SAS-caliber, and so were working 12 hour shifts instead at a fixed rate. It had it's perks, however - we had to go wherever they went, and eat whatever they did, so meals were thrown in at pretty ritzy places on top of the salary and paid accommodations for off-time, plus a minor per-deim that never got spent due to having to eat with the execs... the hourly rate was cash-in-pocket, and doesn't include the value of the perks. The perks were partially paid for out of the agency's cut, by the agency. Call it "overhead".

(04-01-2020, 01:51 PM)gordi Wrote: Well, I believe that our wonderful Royals and... Ex-Royals-to-be should be looked after and cared for in the manner to which they have been accustomed.

Sorted.

Simples,

tinybiggrin

You forgot the guns hidden under mattresses and inside hollow trees in the woods...

But seriously - if Harry needs some extra cash to help cover the security costs, my lawn could use a good mowing... I can guarantee his safety while he's on my property... that's one of the perks of cutting my grass!

(04-02-2020, 02:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote: You forgot the guns hidden under mattresses and inside hollow trees in the woods...

But seriously - if Harry needs some extra cash to help cover the security costs, my lawn could use a good mowing... I can guarantee his safety while he's on my property... that's one of the perks of cutting my grass!

seven, do you copy?... affirmitive... under his mattresses and... inside hollow trees in his woods... [beep]

Uh huh, and is there anywhere else that you'd someone might conceal weapons on your their property, sir?

Actually, cutting your grass sounds soooo much like a euphemism for something.... else! But hey, whatever Royal rocks yer boat man!!! LOL

tinyhuh

Agent G... out!
(04-02-2020, 02:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote: But seriously - if Harry needs some extra cash to help cover the security costs, my lawn could use a good mowing...
I can guarantee his safety while he's on my property... that's one of the perks of cutting my grass!

It's okay and there's nothing to panic about -except possibly Ninurta's lawn becoming overgrown, it seems Harry's
dad (the one with the big nose, not James Hewitt!) is giving them money.

Quote:'...Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have officially left the Royal Family - but they might still be receiving money
from Prince Charles' Duchy of Cornwall estate, according to an unearthed report...'
The Express:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7402]
Harry's father is the one on the right.
tinysurprised

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7402]Harry's father is the one on the right.   tinybighuh
@"BIAD" 

You sure? [Image: -photo-by-max-mumby-indigo-getty-images-square.jpg] I think there was a Redhead with smaller Ears Under The Bed  tinylaughing
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]