Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great news and a quick cure for COVID-19..no joke
Quote:On Monday night Laura Ingraham reported that a new study revealed the anti-viral medication chloroquine is successful in fighting the coronavirus.
** An Effective Treatment for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Laura invited Dr. Gregory Rigano, the co-author of the study to discuss the latest findings.
Dr. Rigano said their study found that those COVID-19 patients who took hydroxy-chloroquine were found free of the disease in 6 days. The patients were testing negative for the coronavirus in six days!
Dr. Rigano also said taking choroquine could act as a preventative.
This is a remarkable study!

Via The Ingraham Angle:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03...ronavirus/

I will add that choroquine tablets are just about 5 cents a pill !! Bet this will piss big farma off ! 
(03-20-2020, 10:25 AM)727Sky Wrote: I will add that choroquine tablets are just about 5 cents a pill !! Bet this will piss big farma off ! 

You forgot to add the markup for the US market - if it's 5 cents a pill in the rest of the world, it will probably be around $700.00 a pill in the US!

I've got a friend who buys all his meds from overseas for that very reason - they can be had at a reasonable price over there while we're paying out the ass for the same damned thing here.

I believe that chloroquine is a form of or related to quinine. 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-20-2020, 01:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I believe that chloroquine is a form of or related to quinine. 

Hence, I drink gin and tonic, the original preventative medicine!
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I'm just going to take my natural "meds" and lay low, just like I do to prevent getting the flu.

I don't trust anything coming from Big Pharma.
And I won't be taking their poisonous vaccine when it comes out either.
It might have what is needed to fight the virus, but no telling what else they'll put in it.
Good time to add a few more nanobots.   tinyhuh
(03-20-2020, 06:18 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 01:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I believe that chloroquine is a form of or related to quinine. 

Hence, I drink gin and tonic, the original preventative medicine!
tinybiggrin

Now that's the best advice I've heard all day!

Quinine being the active ingredient of tonic water that gives it it's bitterness, it seems a very practical solution. When used for treatment of malaria, the wholesale price in the developing world is about US$1.70 to $3.40 per course of treatment. In the United States a course of treatment is more than $200 - underscoring what I said above about the price of drugs in America. 

However, it IS used to treat malaria that is resistant to chloroquine, and so must have some value in treating other things that chloroquine is useful for, like the COVID-19, eh?

I myself have been experimenting with other treatments because I can't find a Chincona tree anywhere around here to strip the bark from so I can boil up some quinine. Instead, since the CDC is recommending at least a 60% alcohol content for hand sanitizer, I'm experimenting with 151 proof rum as an emergency entrail sanitizer, since that has an alcohol content of 75.5%, and using it to sterilize my insides. I figure that the virus ain't really dangerous until it gets to my insides, so having a fair amount of alcohol coursing through my veins should counteract it

As an adjunct to the rum, I'm using Tapatio Mexican hot sauce to replace the tonic water, since I can't find a chincona tree.

It's working so far - I've not caught the covid!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Regarding the drug pricing, and specifically relating to the pricing of chloroquine, I did find this:

Quote:The wholesale cost in the developing world is about 0.04. In the United States, it costs about 5.30 per dose.

Source

That's a markup effect of 132.5X or, put another way, the markup is 13,250.00%

Price gouging bastards. They do that because they know folks would rather pay their exorbitant prices than suffer the alternative of death. Drug prices are similarly gouged like that across the entire US pharmaceutical and medical spectrum.

But Obamacare insurance is gonna give us "affordable health care" right? RIGHT?

And folks wonder why I avoid doctors like the plague!

I was a little late as the prices have already started to rise.. 15 pills 320 Baht (32 baht to the dollar) so call it $10 bucks.. Ended up with 30 pills which I am going to take regularly.. I took pretty much the same thing when the great parotic war was going on in S.E. Asia... I never got Malaria so at least it worked for that.  

I am out and about just about everyday playing golf... Plus my wife is very active.. My Caddies at the different golf courses are exposed to who knows what so at my age I do not want nor do I have time for COVID-19..

I can not say enough how happy I am being away from the American medical establishment and their outlandish price gouging. Took a kid (8 year old girl) to a clinic last week for a sore throat... $6 for the visit and meds with no insurance.. Try that in the states and get back with me ...hahahah
...And remember, a Gordon's gin & tonic must be sipped whilst wearing a monocle,
it's just not G&T without that 'snooty' appearance!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7316]
Because here at Rogue Nation... we care.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-21-2020, 07:01 AM)727Sky Wrote: I was a little late as the prices have already started to rise.. 15 pills 320 Baht (32 baht to the dollar) so call it $10 bucks.. Ended up with 30 pills which I am going to take regularly.. I took pretty much the same thing when the great parotic war was going on in S.E. Asia... I never got Malaria so at least it worked for that.  

I am out and about just about everyday playing golf... Plus my wife is very active.. My Caddies at the different golf courses are exposed to who knows what so at my age I do not want nor do I have time for COVID-19..

I can not say enough how happy I am being away from the American medical establishment and their outlandish price gouging. Took a kid (8 year old girl) to a clinic last week for a sore throat... $6 for the visit and meds with no insurance.. Try that in the states and get back with me ...hahahah

I got charged $5500.00 for an hour and a half visit to the hospital (only a half hour of that in an actual exam room), and then wound up having to take care of the problem myself - they made a 1/4" incision, just an incision in the skin, no deeper, and NOTHING else, not even a stitch. Hell, I coulda cut myself if I'd just wanted to be slashed for nothing! Part of that cost was $32.00 for A gauze pad. One. I stopped at a store and bought a whole damned box of them for my self-treatment, and only paid $4.00 for the whole box.

They charged me $280.00 just to have a suture tray in the room, no sutures installed, just a suture tray in the same room with me. I've thrown my own stitches in my own one and only body a couple of times for a lot less than that, with actual stitches put in!

It took me 4 days to treat and heal from it, but I fixed it myself, for a lot less money.... but the bastards still charged me for their "treatment".

And folks wonder why I've sworn off doctors...

(03-21-2020, 10:05 AM)BIAD Wrote: ...And remember, a Gordon's gin & tonic must be sipped whilst wearing a monocle,
it's just not G&T without that 'snooty' appearance!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7316]
Because here at Rogue Nation... we care.

ALERT! ALERT!

That gent is using the wrong style of pipe to be drinking gin and tonic! It should be a calabash style, or at the least a bent style!

GUARDS! SEIZE HIM! Take him to the dungeon!

(03-21-2020, 10:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ALERT! ALERT!

That gent is using the wrong style of pipe to be drinking gin and tonic! It should be a calabash style, or at the least a bent style!

I admit, the pipe and his attire are very post-colonial, but I'm allowing the monocle a pass.
tinywondering

(And he looks a bit of a 'pimms' man, in my opinion!)
(03-21-2020, 10:33 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 10:28 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ALERT! ALERT!

I admit, the pipe and his attire are very post-colonial, but I'm allowing the monocle a pass.
tinywondering

(And he looks a bit of a 'pimms' man, in my opinion!)

Ok, I may have overreacted a bit - the monocle IS pretty posh, as is his buttoneer and the suit itself, not to mention the deerstalker hat and it's rakish set. I'll give him a pass, then, but someone get me a torch so I can bend that pipe stem myself!

(03-21-2020, 10:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Ok, I may have overreacted a bit - the monocle IS pretty posh, as is his buttoneer and the suit itself, not to mention the deerstalker hat and it's rakish set. I'll give him a pass, then, but someone get me a torch so I can bend that pipe stem myself!

I apologise for hijacking Sky's thread, but a pipe is one thing I've never tried. The aroma is something
that smacks of mature confidence and 'old-school'.
tinywondering
(03-21-2020, 10:48 AM)BIAD Wrote: I apologise for hijacking Sky's thread, but a pipe is one thing I've never tried. The aroma is something
that smacks of mature confidence and 'old-school'.
tinywondering

Grace loves it when I fire one of mine up - she likes the way it makes the house smell. Paradoxically, she will beat me to the outdoors with a broom if I light a cigar, however... about 5 years ago I managed to inherit 9 Cuban cigars, and had to smoke every one outdoors, rain or shine, wind or snow!

(03-21-2020, 10:54 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Grace loves it when I fire one of mine up - she likes the way it makes the house smell. Paradoxically, she will beat me to the outdoors with a broom if I light a cigar, however... about 5 years ago I managed to inherit 9 Cuban cigars, and had to smoke every one outdoors, rain or shine, wind or snow!

Are those cigars still illegal in the US...?!
I'm not a physician, but I'm sure pipe-smoke will subdue any virus. Whether it's from China or not!
(03-21-2020, 10:56 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 10:54 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Grace loves it when I fire one of mine up - she likes the way it makes the house smell. Paradoxically, she will beat me to the outdoors with a broom if I light a cigar, however... about 5 years ago I managed to inherit 9 Cuban cigars, and had to smoke every one outdoors, rain or shine, wind or snow!

Are those cigars still illegal in the US...?!
I'm not a physician, but I'm sure pipe-smoke will subdue any virus. Whether it's from China or not!

I don't think they're illegal any more, but they still were then. Those were smuggled into the US by a former Air Force pilot of my acquaintance who subsequently died and actually left them to me.

Yes, I think pipe smoke IS an affirmative defense against the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes the COVID-19 - I've noticed men in space suits around the world running all over the place throwing smoke at it on the news!

I dont drink, I dont smoke, I dont like women, God I have such a boring life. I forgot to add i NEVER NEVER tell any lies  minusculebiggrin
(03-21-2020, 11:04 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I dont drink, I dont smoke, I dont like women, God I have such a boring life. I forgot to add i NEVER NEVER tell any lies  minusculebiggrin

This is the basic outline for any hashtag movement!!
(03-21-2020, 11:04 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I dont drink, I dont smoke, I dont like women, God I have such a boring life. I forgot to add i NEVER NEVER tell any lies  minusculebiggrin

Me too - wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

I think Grace must have hijacked my computer and typed in the foregoing posts while I was innocently in the kitchen, making her a cup of coffee and being a good little husband!

Hot coffee is another defense against the covid - they're telling us to drink something every 15 minutes to make sure any virus gets washed into our stomach where it will allegedly be killed by hydrochloric acid, and coffee IS wet! Furthermore, it's also hot, and heat kills the virus, which is why your temperature rises when you catch one...

Well!

We didn't see this coming, now did we?

Quote:US drugmaker doubled price on potential coronavirus treatment

https://www.ft.com/content/b7a21a16-6a1f...EE3j6R3ybA