Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One night 1988
Hello Folks, I know this is an odd sort of "First Thread" but I would really like to share and I trust you won't crucify me. 
If you think I am nuts that's fine. 
I hope this, copy and paste thing works. 

I have contemplated whether to write this as a story or a report, I chose a partial reporting style, because I tend to be “overly” descriptive. Additionally I will conduct it in metric as it is more natural for me

Date/Time: December 17-18 1988/approx. 0100.
Place: Aalborg, Denmark.
Coordinates: 56,997791-9.905859
Duration: Not sure.
Shape: Round
Bottom: Grayish mother of pearl, shimmering. Not bright.
Side: Lights alternating as Northern Lights with various colours.
Top: Too big to determine. Vaguely illuminated.
Sound: None
Size: Approx. 600 meters in diameter.
Weather: Overcast, cold, mist.

It is amazing what google can do. Had I had it back then I wouldn’t had have to physically go back to measure the size.

So this occurrence, took place on one of my drives home from sitting with Mom at the hospital, she practically lived there so I would stay as long as I could before driving home to check on Dad. This to explain my intimate knowledge of everything going on at night in the sky.
There isn’t much else to look at at night on an interstate.
I could set my time on the nearby airports flights, I knew their directions. I could fairly well determine the craft type by its lights, whether it was from the military base, close by, or a civilian. All just trivial pass time.

Having driven approx. two kilometers from the inner city off ramp, I saw to my right a plane and made a double take seeing how low it was and the speed with which it approached, slowly. My brain told me there were no flights in route at this time of day, log it and go home, my damned curiosity told me to get out and look.
Curiosity won.
I had the good sense not to park on the road but drove my little Honda Civic to the entrance of a nearby up-ramp rest area, got out and stared up at what ever it was now almost right above me. It moved so I was directly under its center.
I just stared and thought this was nuts and why the fuck am I alone. I looked around to see if there were other vehicles, nada, then I looked around for land marks.
I have a weird tendency to focus on shape, size, distance and time, silly details.
I noted where it seemed to “end” and then just observed it, for how long I don’t know.
It moved away slowly, passing closely over the power-lines beyond the road, it was then I could observe “a top”.
It continued beyond them and then just vanished into a dot of light.
I recall being so pissed that I was alone, stubbornly I noted the place I where thought it’s edge was and exactly where I was, intending to measure it later and drove on, promising my self I would never tell any one or report it. It was too crazy.
I looked at the time, halfway home, some sixty kilometers, irritated about the delay, and guess what? No time had passed since I noticed time when I parked.

Only two others I know have listened to my account. After this I just plain stopped exploring “The Outer Dimension” as a fun pass time; nothing could compare.
I wasn’t a tin-foil hatter, but I assumed “something” had to be out there, so I “investigated” and then I stopped, just like that. Never engaged in other than superficial conversation to any one about UFO’s again.

Make of it what you may, but please lend your opinion and perhaps one of your wonderful artist can make an image that resembles what I saw.
Nothing I have searched on-line has ever come close.
Thank You for reading. I post it here because I really want to share this in a safe place.
There are a couple of twists to this you may find intriguing. If you would like?

WIS tinywondering tinybiggrin
Great story, and thanks for sharing.

If you only knew the high strangeness I've been through you wouldn't be worried at all to share here. I've always preached that people should share so others will be encouraged to do the same; and they do.

As for the time thing... you said no time had passed.  I don't know how they do it, but they can manipulate time to make it stand still, so to speak. They can also make what seems like five minutes turn out to be closer to 30 minutes, which is what happened to me with my close encounter.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing, and yes, please tell us the twists and turns to this story.
Intriguing...

When you say it was "round", do you mean cylindrical round, spherical round, saucer shaped round, cone shaped round, or some other variant of round? For example, my sister saw one here and said it was "round", but when I dug an actual description out of her, it seems it was two round spheres connected by some sort of tubular scaffolding or catwalk, more of a dumb-bell shape but all of the parts were "round" in their own way, more or less. It moved with one of the spheres leading and one trailing with the connecting scaffold in between, as if someone were throwing a barbell like a spear.

Can you estimate the altitude, speed, direction of travel?

A "couple of twists" - what sort of twists? More, please!
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Thank you both for replying, I am on one of my marathons so I will get back to it. 
I was so nervous about posting this. WIS
Thanks WIS - WOW!
That sounds amazing (and maybe a bit scary?).
Please do tell us more about the twists etc

Gx
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Hi WIS, you dont need to worry, here we show respect. I dont think that there is another site that shows respect and honesty at the level that is found here. Yes we do disagree with each other sometimes, but always respect.
So feel free to write what you feel, if you are unsure about writing something you can PM the staff and ask advice.
Looking to reading more about your story.
Hi WIS, did this happen in an area that get "Northern" Lights. If so your description could be a round northern light, I have seen this and it looks very strange and could be mistaken for something else, the center of the lights looked gray with no stars but that was because of the lights. In my time I have seen some strange things in the night sky.
Quote:Intriguing...
Thank You, it still baffles me to this day 
Quote:When you say it was "round",
A perfect circle, sorry I should have specified that. Above the round bottom there was a sort of side "panel" where the lights were. 
While it "rested" above me I could see nothing but the underside.
Above that I am not certain of dimensions or accurate appearance. 
I only saw that when it moved away and it was not well illuminated. 

That section of the road is close to town and thus well lit. 

Quote:Can you estimate the altitude, speed, direction of travel?
Altitude. It wasn't up very far,. I had time to look around while it "hung"  there, taking landmarks and as it moved away it passed very low over the giant power-lines running by the interstate. 

Speed. I can't say with certainty, but it seemed to approach very slowly from the time I noticed it, ten fifteen KPH. As it move away it was also slow but after it cleared the power-lines at some distance it just vanished in a dot of light. 

Direction. I was traveling SSW. It came in on my right from the west and crossed over the road going east. If you look up the coordinates you can can get an idea of the dimensions. 
Quote:A "couple of twists" - what sort of twists? More, please!

Later perhaps it is rather odd. 
WIS
Quote:Hi WIS, did this happen in an area that get "Northern" Lights.
Thanks for asking that would be a logical assessment, being in Scandinavia. But no. I only used the analogy because it is the closest I can to describe how the "lights" on the side behaved. They weren't "flashing" symmetrically, It was organic in a way like northern lights. 
In the full colour spectrum with white, in a limited area above the bottom. 

As a reference I have only once in the thirty years I lived there observed northern lights. It was in 1989 I remember it vividly.
Quote:Thanks WIS - WOW!
Welcome, where's my Guinness for a good story?  minusculebeercheers 
Quote: That sounds amazing (and maybe a bit scary?).
Amazing and weird yes, but not scary at all, I felt no fear, just curiosity. 
Quote:Please do tell us more about the twists etc

Well I wasn't, abducted , at least I don't think so.  tinylaughing If I was I darn well wish I had some recollection of it. 

There are other things I will have to find a little more courage to talk about. 

What does seem very odd to me is that there were no other vehicles present and no matter how much I have searched over the years there were no reports of any thing unusual in that period or location. 
I never reported it to the usual channels, reluctant to have some one dissect my experience or me. 

I have not encountered any reports close to what I had. There was no drama, no electrical disturbance, nothing. It seemed so "normal".
Toodles. WIS
@"WalksInSilence" - Thank you for the response and clarification.

The Northern Lights are caused by ionized particles from the solar wind interacting with Earth's upper atmosphere, ionizing it as well to produce that eerie glow and shimmering. They are funneled in by Earth's magnetic field to create the display. It's not impossible that a similar effect could be produced by a strong magnetic field surrounding an object and creating an energetic interaction with air, ionizing it as well - so that's entirely plausible. Other magnetic effects have been reported in connection with other UFOs as well.

Looking at Google Earth, it appears that the object moved in from the west, and would have had to have moved directly over some residential and business areas in Aalborg. Given that it occurred at around 01:00, it could have been missed altogether by other observers, however, or if it was seen by anyone else, they may have been as reluctant as you to report it, and so you would not have heard of any other reports either, if that were the case. The 80's were a different time, and folks were less forthcoming when they saw unexplainable things.

Time stasis is also not unheard of - either "missing time", or time that SHOULD be missing and isn't. Some have attributed a time stand-still to magnetic effects on older (non-digital) watches during such observations. How plausible that is I couldn't say, because I've never really considered it. I have a different view of the nature of time that does not require that explanation. I don't see time as being linear, from "past" to "present", from "present" to "future". I see it as eternally co-existent. In other words, everything that ever has happened, or ever will happen, IS happening, right now, all at the same time, and what we see of it is determined by mechanisms that affect observation bias. It's complicated. BUT it explains "missing time", time "standing still", and occasional glimpses into the past or future that people have occasionally reported.

I do wonder - were normal night sounds present, or was there an "eerie silence"?

All in all, I've not seen anything in your report that would make me think "well THAT can't happen!" - it all seems plausible to me.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Mystic Wanderer
Quote:If you only knew the high strangeness I've been through you wouldn't be worried at all to share here.
 I wish I did know what you have experienced. Strange is only foreign to those want to be "comfortable". 
I don't share my "strangeness" with regular beings, it gets too complicated, 

Quote:As for the time thing... you said no time had passed. 

It is rather odd. I call it "Time Gain" or t"Time Suspension". For me it slows time down at what ever rate I request. 
Yes, I "Request" it. 
I don't use it very often any more, because I am weary of the repercussions, and I don't use it in close gatherings. 
Many years ago on route to a destination I picked up a hitch hiker, I was late and "asked" for "time gain".  The poor guy began fidgeting, crying and screaming to get out of the car. 
He ran like a bat out of hell when I stopped. 

I hope this quote and reply works, i like things to look nice and I still don't know how to edit it properly 
Ninurta
Quote:I do wonder - were normal night sounds present, or was there an "eerie silence"?
I guess it was "an eerie silence" because absolutely nothing occurred in that time period. 
It was at night when birds would be absent. But no, I didn't hear anything. 
I wasn't afraid though , just curious. 

Quote:- it all seems plausible to me.

Thank you but it is still very odd to me. Particularly because I have never found any one giving a similar description of what I experienced. All other accounts are homogeneous, with in defined perimeters. Scripted.
(03-25-2020, 11:24 PM)WalksInSilence Wrote: Mystic Wanderer
Quote:If you only knew the high strangeness I've been through you wouldn't be worried at all to share here.
 I wish I did know what you have experienced. Strange is only foreign to those want to be "comfortable". 

It is rather odd. I call it "Time Gain" or t"Time Suspension". For me it slows time down at what ever rate I request. 
Yes, I "Request" it. 
I don't use it very often any more, because I am weary of the repercussions, and I don't use it in close gatherings. 
Many years ago on route to a destination I picked up a hitch hiker, I was late and "asked" for "time gain".  The poor guy began fidgeting, crying and screaming to get out of the car. 

I hope this quote and reply works, i like things to look nice and I still don't know how to edit it properly 
The lost time "thing" has interested me over many years. When I was younger I use to wonder alone in the mountains in Norway. I remember once I sat about 600m up look out to sea, slowly everything slowed down and I felt as if I was becoming one with the mountain, then slowly I came back. How long did this last, well I would say a few moments but the sun had moved in the sky and my watch showed well over an hour.
The passing of time is not a solid thing, its how we perceive it. Sometimes it seems very fast some times slow, sometime no real feeling of it at all.
Perhaps time is not linear, perhaps we step to different parts of time when something special happens. I just dont know but its not to be feared
(03-25-2020, 11:24 PM)WalksInSilence Wrote: Mystic Wanderer

Yes, I "Request" it. 

How very interesting!  So, when you asked for time gain, I'm assuming what seemed a normal speed to you must have been like over 100 mph or more to him?  Or was it like a tunnel/portal opening up and you going through it?

Yeah, if I got in a car with a stranger and experienced that, I would be screaming to be let out too. tinylaughing