Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who has heard of Bell Island?
I should ask if anyone has ever heard about the Great Boom's of Bell Island.

I put this video about Bell Island here because of the Men in Black being mentioned.
The excuses given by the Government are just So Ridiculous.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
The authors show the XB-70 Valkyrie and talk about Concorde. It just makes me wonder about the rest of the info given in this video.
(05-24-2020, 08:13 AM)Wallfire Wrote: The authors show the XB-70 Valkyrie and talk about Concorde. It just makes me wonder about the rest of the info given in this video.

The Governments men they sent to investigate wanted to blame the Valkyrie by saying all this Damage was caused by its Sonic Boom  tinysure which was Bull-Shit excuse.
There were some sonic booms I am sure of that, but those sonic booms from breaking the sound barrier didn't cause all that damage or the electric sockets and breaker boxes to short out.
Next they used the excuse that High Altitude Lighting caused all this disruption and those Balls of Lights people were seeing.
THEN they had the Men In Black start investigating.

I have looked into Bell Island now and it is an island setting on a Giant/Large deposit of Iron ore with miles of old Iron Mines running under their feet.
Now, I was thinking if UFO's use a type of Magnetic Source for their Population Drive, would they not be attracted to a Huge Deposit Of Raw Iron?

JMHO
Sorry, I couldn't resist!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7667]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I had not heard of Bell Island that I recall.  Good information!

I think it's as the narrator said, an EMP test, unfortunately for inhabitants of the island.

Why the Men in Black?  I have no idea, unless it actually was caused by the little gray men who sprinkle our skies with their craft.
Will we ever know the answer? I don't think so.
Found this, hope it helps, so many story's about this island, its worth reading about it. The text is more a "government approved version", so do take the time to read more about the island and make your own judgement 

Quote:[Image: 4190.jpg]

Today we're going to go back in time about a third of a century to 1978, when something strange
happened on remote Bell Island in Newfoundland.

It was a quiet community, some fishermen and scattered families on small farms and in a smattering
of hamlets. It was the last place on Earth you'd expect to be rocked by a sudden, shattering explosion.

But it wasn't just an explosion. On what should have been a sleepy Sunday morning, electrical appliances
on the island burst apart. Animals fell over dead. Buildings were rent asunder. Though the explosion was
the loudest anyone there had ever heard, it seemed to have no precise epicenter.

To this day, the cause remains unknown, but hypotheses and conspiracy theories abound.
The Bell Island Boom has become, to some people, proof of government tests of secret superweapons.

Newfoundland is a large island off the east coast of Canada, and within Conception Bay at its eastern end
is Bell Island. It's a pretty small island, only about 9 kilometers long and 3 kilometers wide. The significant
part of its history began in the 1890's when rich iron deposits were discovered and mining began.

Tiny Bell Island actually became one of the world's major producers of iron ore, and even saw action in
World War II when it was attacked by a German submarine. The mine prospered until the 1960's when
pressure from cheaper competition finally forced a closure.

Bell Island is low lying with its highest point only a hair above 100 meters, so its deep mines were almost
entirely below sea level, requiring constant pumping to keep the water out. So while it was productive,
it was always expensive and dangerous. Since the mines closed, they have been filled with water.

The island is now laced with tunnels and entrances and passages that lead to underground lakes marking
the top of the water table. It's now a site of interest to cave diving adventurers.

With its mine closed and its small economy in shambles, the communities on Bell Island had been largely
emptied out for more than a decade when the Bell Island Boom struck on Sunday, April 2, 1978.

Without warning, a sudden BANG rocked the island, like a giant electric shock. By some reports, it was
heard as far as 100 kilometers away. There was extensive damage to electrical wiring. One property,
that of the Bickford family, reported physical damage to their buildings.

There were holes in the roof; their television set and fuse boxes actually exploded; and the roof of their
chicken coop was destroyed and five chickens inside were killed. Near the shed were two or three holes
in the snow which looked like some buried explosives had gone off. Digging in these holes found nothing
of interest.

And then the strangest of the stories began trickling in. The Bickford's young grandson reported a hovering
ball of light after the blast. One woman on Newfoundland reported a beam of light slanting up into the sky
from Bell Island.
And several people on the island said they heard a ringing, like a tone, just before the boom struck.

A 2004 documentary film called The Invisible Machine postulated that the Bell Island Boom was a test of
an electromagnetic pulse weapon. This particular theory was deeply flawed, and depended upon a
hypothesized beam weapon being attracted to the iron ore from Bell Island's old mines.

These filmmakers were apparently pretty confused to think that natural iron ore is a terrifically powerful
magnet, which of course it's not. Although iron is magnetic and can be magnetized, natural iron ore has
its molecules jumbled in every direction and rarely happens to have a significant magnetic field, certainly
not strong enough to divert or attract a particle beam.

Fueling the fires of conspiracy theories about weapons testing was the mysterious presence of John Warren
and Robert Freyman from the Los Alamos National Laboratory (then called the Los Alamos Scientific
Laboratory) in New Mexico, who happened to show up right after the boom struck.
To many, this was confirmation enough that the Bell Island Boom was indeed a weapons test.

But to understand what the boom really was, we first have to understand the context in which it took place.
For about four months before the boom struck, the entire eastern seaboard had been plagued by a series
of unexplained booms.

Beginning in late 1977 and fading out in mid 1978, some 600 of these so-called "Mystery Booms" left
reporters and the public scratching their heads from South Carolina up to Canada. The same conspiracy
theories surrounding the Bell Island Boom had been proposed to explain the Mystery Booms.

Everything from tests of some kind of superweapon by the United States or the Soviet Union, to an
atmospheric doomsday device inspired by Nikola Tesla, or even a massive nuclear device like Convair's
proposed Sky Scorcher.

As it turns out, the majority of the Mystery Booms were solved, but with disappointingly mundane
explanations that paled beside the much more intriguing conspiracy theories. Many witnesses noted
that the Mystery Booms seemed to politely follow a predictable schedule.

There was a good reason for this, according to Dr. Gordon MacDonald, who spent seven months compiling
an authoritative report on the Mystery Booms for the Mitre Corporation. Of the nearly 600 booms recorded,
over 2/3 of them could be positively attributed to sonic booms from aircraft, most notably the Concorde.

The Concorde began its flights between New York and Europe only a few days before the first recorded
Mystery Boom on December 2, 1977. Because of sonic boom concerns, the Concorde was required to
take a wider path out to sea; but on particularly hot days, fuel expansion required the pilots to shortcut
over Nova Scotia in order to retain the required fuel reserve.

On some days, these booms would propagate up to 100 kilometers by bouncing between two main
refracting layers of the stratosphere.

But eliminating the booms that could be traced to supersonic aircraft still left nearly 200 of MacDonald's
Mystery Booms unexplained. He attributed them to natural phenomena, but of exactly what nature he did
not know.

As it turns out, the reason the guys from Los Alamos were there is that they did know. Warren and
Freyman had been monitoring imagery from the Vela satellites. This fleet of four satellites kept the globe
under constant surveillance, looking for the distinct signatures of nuclear bomb detonations.

They also picked up large lightning flashes, and it was in part from the Vela satellites that we learned about
lightning superbolts. About five of every ten million bolts of lightning is classified as a superbolt, which is
just what it sounds like: An unusually large bolt of lightning, lasting an unusually long time:
About a thousandth of a second.

Superbolts are almost always in the upper atmosphere, and usually over the oceans.
Often these upper atmosphere storms can occur with people on the ground being completely unaware,
perceiving nothing other than a clear sunny day. Dr. William Donn, chief atmospheric scientist at Columbia
University's Lamont-Doherty Observatory, compiled reports from airline pilots of extremely high-altitude
flashes that corresponded with nighttime

Mystery Booms. He said the daylight booms may have high-altitude flashes as well, but if they do we
wouldn't be able to see them from below because of the daylight.

Although versions of this story on the Internet often claim that Warren and Freyman snooped around and
went back to Los Alamos without a word to anyone, the truth is that they spoke quite openly with the
media and with other scientists investigating Bell Island.

According to Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reporter Rick Cera who spoke with Freyman off-camera,
Warren and Freyman had been tracking superbolts over the east coast since December 1977. When they
learned of the Bell Island Boom and saw that it correlated with a rare overland superbolt, they were asked
to go check it out to see what kind of damage it might have caused.

They were surprised the damage to the Bickfords' property was not worse. Warren's specialty was in plasma
physics, and Freyman was an expert in RF and its propagation in the upper atmosphere. He's best known as
a co-developer of RFID technology.

They certainly had a professional interest in observing the aftermath of a superbolt.
There's no evidence to support the hypothesis that the Bell Island Boom was the result of a manmade
weapon, and all the pieces are in place that support its characterization as a freak lightning superbolt.

Popular tellings of the Bell Island story refer to Warren and Freyman as "military attaches", including The
Invisible Machine
 authors. I suppose you could call them this if you're so inclined. Los Alamos is a
government facility, but Warren and Freyman were both well established scientists with publications and
legitimate credentials.

Whether this qualifies them as "men in black" is, I suppose, a matter of personal language choice.
Their visit to Bell Island could reasonably be argued to be consistent with a government weapons plot,
but in the same way that my ownership of a toothbrush is consistent with a government plot to keep
my breath minty fresh. Imagination is the only evidence supporting either plot.

All the evidence that does exist, however, is consistent with a lightning superbolt.
The destruction of electrical appliances was due to the staggering voltage propagating throughout Bell
Island's copper power grid.

The damage to the chicken shed roof and the electrocuted chickens inside are also consistent with lightning,
as were the holes in the snow outside. The angled beam striking the island reported by a witness on
Newfoundland could have been a lightning bolt; it's anecdotal and the CBC reporter dismissed it as unreliable.

The high-pitched tone preceding the boom reported by witnesses on Bell Island is interesting, but anecdotal;
it could have been anything, we can't know, and there's nothing concrete that indicates it was related to the
subsequent boom.

The Bickfords' grandson's story of the hovering ball of light is also interesting, and unfortunately anecdotal.
Even if we take the his story at face value — which stretches the limits of a responsible scientific investigation
— we still learn nothing.

Hovering balls of light are not consistent with any known phenomenon, certainly not any military weapons,
not an electromagnetic pulse, and not lightning either. However, undoubtedly something extraordinary did
happen on the Bickfords' property and any report coming from the boy is not surprising.

This may constitute an intriguing footnote to the Bell Island Boom, but by no logic can it invalidate the
prevailing theory to explain the evidence we have: That a lightning superbolt struck the Bickfords' property.
link
@"Wallfire" 
The article mentions the Lightning Superbolt theory and I have my doubts about that.
Kind of like Swamp Gas or Venus moving across the sky.

I think either a High Altitude Massive EMP blast or UFOs being affected by all that Iron just below the ground.
JMHO
(05-25-2020, 07:06 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Wallfire" 
The article mentions the Lightning Superbolt theory and I have my doubts about that.
Kind of like Swamp Gas or Venus moving across the sky.

I think either a High Altitude Massive EMP blast or UFOs being affected by all that Iron just below the ground.
JMHO

I agree, I could not find any info about a lightning superbolt ever been close to the ground, this was something else