Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At least 36 dead, 147 injured in suspected ISIS attack at Istanbul airport
Quote:BREAKING:  At least 36 people were killed and 147 more were injured when three suspected ISIS suicide bombers attacked Istanbul's main international airport Tuesday night, Turkish officials said.

Prime Minister Binali Yildirim confirmed the death toll from the blasts at Istanbul Ataturk Airport. Earlier, Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag confirmed that 147 people had been wounded in the attacks.

The Associated Press initially quoted a senior Turkish official as saying that close to 50 people had already died. However, the news agency later said that the official told them the figure was expected to rise to close to 50.

A Turkish official told Reuters that the "vast majority" of victims were Turkish, but some foreigners were also affected.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but the same senior Turkish official told AP that initial indications suggested ISIS were behind the attack. According to Reuters, a police source also told the Dogan News Agency, "ISIS is behind the attack."

News Source

[Image: 422f5ec993344261b0e26fefee57d947.png]

As of yet, they have not confirmed who was responsible for the attack, but some are lead to believe that ISIS was behind it.

Quote:A U.S. government official told Fox News that the attack fits the profile of ISIS, which has stepped up its targeting of Turkey. The official said that ISIS tends to attack internationally known targets with an economic impact, such as an airport, while the Kurdish terror group PKK generally targets Turkish military and law enforcement.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families/friends.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Quote:Turkey's Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag says at least 31 people have been killed and some 147 wounded in the attack on Istanbul's Ataturk airport. Another senior government official says the death toll could climb much higher. (June 28)

CNN: Video from inside the terminal

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Damn Animals,,,, The Religion Of Peace Strike Again!
[Image: religion-of-peace-my-ass-GIF.gif]
[Image: 250193_526805420669185_1089469650_n.jpg]
Who in their Right Mind Would Flew Out Of or Into a Third World Nations Airport Unarmed? tinywhat
Just think about it, Much Like Obama, Hillary Wants To Allow These Murders In Un-Checked!
Quote:A German woman named Duygu, who was at the airport, told Reuters: "Everyone started running away. Everywhere was covered with blood and body parts. I saw bullet holes on the doors."
Another passenger told the Associated Press that she hid under a counter after hearing an explosion and a loud bang.
Lady, How Stupid Are YOU? Why would you even travel through a Shit Hole Like Turkey?
Link

Now read the Stupidity of The Obama Administration!
Quote:Speaking Tuesday evening at the Aspen Ideas Festival, Secretary of State Kerry said the fact that ISIS is targeting airports is a sign of weakness by the terror group, which he referred to by the name Daesh.
Kerry's a FOOL!

You Idiots, Airport are Soft and Easy Targets, especially Third World One!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
What is weird about this whole thing (it may change) is Turkey does everything to demonize the Kurds to include bomb the crap out of them. When I first heard about the airport I figured they would blame the Kurds just so they can bomb them more.. ISIS doing this does not really make sense because Turkey buys their stolen oil and treats their injured fighters in Turkish hospitals from what I have read...

Now, maybe some cut out agency of some government set this up to weaken the Turkish PM which has been a pain in the butt for just about everyone to include the Turks. Maybe Russia helped finance and direct the attack from far far away... I would not blame them, for their is some serious bad blood there.

Just some thoughts that have crossed my mind.......
(06-29-2016, 08:41 AM)727Sky Wrote: What is weird about this whole thing (it may change) is Turkey does everything to demonize the Kurds to include bomb the crap out of them. When I first heard about the airport I figured they would blame the Kurds just so they can bomb them more.. ISIS doing this does not really make sense because Turkey buys their stolen oil and treats their injured fighters in Turkish hospitals from what I have read...

Now, maybe some cut out agency of some government set this up to weaken the Turkish PM which has been a pain in the butt for just about everyone to include the Turks. Maybe Russia helped finance and direct the attack from far far away... I would not blame them, for their is some serious bad blood there.

Just some thoughts that have crossed my mind.......

That is actually a really good point you brought up.

Yes, I too remember Turkey being in the spotlight a while back for helping ISIS.
Unless Turkey started to refuse to help them, cannot see why ISIS would attack the airport.
Unless it was another terrorist group, or random 'Lone Wolves' as they like to call them in our country.

A setup possibly, but for what gain?

a.k.a. 'snarky412'