Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
According to Genetics, at age 47, I am already dead!
Explanation: So uhm yeah ... according to genetics ... I am dead already ... here is why ...

New ‘DNA clock’ finds that if our genes had their way, humans would have a ‘natural’ lifespan of 38 years

Quote:Humans have a “natural” lifespan of around 38 years, according to a new method we have developed for estimating the lifespans of different species by analysing their DNA.

Personal Disclosure: This has come as a sudden shock to me and I am not sure how to deal with it! tinywhat

According to that study I have been dead for nearly an entire decade and nobody told me! tinybighuh 

How the hell does this affect my bucket list? tinyshocked
P.S. NO!, You CAN NOT Have My Stuff!  tinyfunny 

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
Seems I have been dead for -- years, that does explain why I had a dead end job. But to be honest im glad my DNA clock has run out of battery. But im sure God will get round to putting a new battery in soon  minusculebiggrin
(02-16-2020, 11:13 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Seems I have been dead for -- years, that does explain why I had a dead end job. But to be honest im glad my DNA clock has run out of battery. But im sure God will get round to putting a new battery in soon  minusculebiggrin

Worst-comes-to-worst, there's always that kid's blood that Henry Kissinger and George Soros use!!
tinywhat tinylaughing
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I think that the research and conclusions are probably fairly accurate.

If we were still living in the wild, with all of its associated hardships/dangers and untreated illnesses and injuries, my guess if that the average human lifespan would be around that mark.

Fortunately (or not!), we've evolved, learned and adapted our lifestyles.
We (mostly) have safe, warm homes with fresh water and plentiful nutritious food.
Our illnesses and injuries are treated, or have been eradicated.
We've eliminated or diminished all of our competitor and predator species...

With less danger, less illness, less hardship, less hunger, less disease, less competition, less predation etc it makes sense (to me) that our current expected lifespan would far exceed our expected Genetic (DNA based) lifespan.

It also explains why I feel like sh!t every morning!! (Now that I'm waaaaaaaaay past my sell-by date!!!!)

tinysurprised
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(02-16-2020, 11:27 AM)gordi Wrote: It also explains why I feel like sh!t every morning!! (Now that I'm waaaaaaaaay past my sell-by date!!!!)

tinysurprised
G

No-no, it's because your inner-self feels bad because you no longer have to go out and hunt down a Mastodon!

I get that way too at times, but by donning a chamois leather tied around my waist and a sharpened-stick, the
couple of hours of grunting and scampering around my garden always brings a warm feeling inside.
(But that tends to come later when I'm stooped over the fire, shivering)
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"OmegaLogos"  
Quote:P.S. NO!, You CAN NOT Have My Stuff!  [Image: tinyfunny.png] 

But, But, But,,,,, You got Such Nice Stuff  tinybiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Wow, Methuselah really beat the odds big time didn't he?  969 years old! 

I wonder what he ate?   minusculethinking
(02-16-2020, 05:16 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Wow, Methuselah really beat the odds big time didn't he?  969 years old! 

I wonder what he ate?   minusculethinking

Only Organic,,,,, crap,,,, from the Pastor[Image: cowsfield.jpg?w968h681] 
and Alfalfa Fields.  tinybighuh
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]