Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[UK] Meteor Or Invaders...? You Decide.
Aw lawks-a-mercy, they're here. My bum is twitching and there's rustling in the bushes outside.
Maybe it's because I have a pair of Fox Mulder's speedos, a genuine prize, I'm sure you'd agree.

Derby is the first and then they'll move outwards like a colony of a....... arrrrgh!
(White noise)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
smallgreenhurray  Fox Mulder Speedo  smallgreenbananadancer  Oh yes that strange looking light, I forgot what it looked like again, wait a moment,,,,,, Yes, It is very strange, descending straight down and not at an angle , Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could have been a Landing.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-05-2020, 12:45 AM)guohua Wrote: smallgreenhurray  Fox Mulder Speedo  smallgreenbananadancer  Oh yes that strange looking light, I forgot what it looked like again, wait a moment,,,,,, Yes, It is very strange, descending straight down and not at an angle , Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could have been a Landing.

Viewing angles can be tricky things. It looked to me like it was going either directly away from, or directly towards, the camera, which would make it appear to be dropping straight down if it didn't actually hit the camera and give away the illusion.

It looked like a bolide to me. I saw one once in my younger days that has stuck with me all these years. There I was, just minding my own business out roaming around with a gun in hand in the dark. The night was dark, no moon in the sky to make it light, and stars were sprinkled all over the sky. I was crossing an open field between two wood lines when all of a sudden it was like I had a spotlight thrown on me, it got so bright. Of course, I immediately hit the ground in the weeds and rolled over on my back, thinking it might have been a parachute flare and wanting to know which way it was drifting. Instead, it was a BRIGHT meteor streaking across the sky and getting brighter by the second It traveled about 2/3 of the way across the whole sky and suddenly exploded in a really bright flash and disappeared. The whole time, it made no sound at all that I could hear, which kinda freaked me out. Then I got back up and went on about minding my own business until I got to the other side of that field and back into the woods.

Now about those speedos... I don't think even Drano will wash that image out of my brain - thanks for that!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-05-2020, 12:43 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...It looked like a bolide to me.

Do you think there'll there be any bolide-remains? It'd be interesting for someone to investigate and
report.

Quote:...Now about those speedos... I don't think even Drano will wash that image out of my brain - thanks for that!

I've told BIAD to get rid of them.

And stay off my laptop.
tinysure
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD"  
Quote:I've told BIAD to get rid of them.

I'll PM you my address  tinybigeyes
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(02-05-2020, 01:32 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 12:43 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...It looked like a bolide to me.

Do you think there'll there be any bolide-remains? It'd be interesting for someone to investigate and
report.

Quote:...Now about those speedos... I don't think even Drano will wash that image out of my brain - thanks for that!

I've told BIAD to get rid of them.

And stay off my laptop.
tinysure

It's doubtful there would be any remains. The one I saw blew up spectacularly, but all of the "sparks", which were bitty little particles of "space rock", more like like "space dust", burned out way up in the sky, and never hit the ground. With the one in the video there is no telling. It's possible that remnants from the explosion could make it all the way to the ground. It was behind the houses still when it exploded, so it's impossible to say. One might try to find the landing area and hunt with a metal detector for iron fragments from it, but that landing area could be hundreds of miles away. Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear, but objects in the sky are usually a lot farther away than they appear.

Thanks for getting rid of the speedos, but only death will un-burn that image from my brain. Speaking of burning, I recommend destroying the speedos with fire...

... or just send them to Mrs. G - they will never be seen again, I'm sure of it!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’