Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Traffic-Cam Bigfoot.
Another report to ridicule or another crazy guy in a fur-suit walking around in the snow.

Quote:‘Bigfoot’ spotted? Washington state traffic camera shows mysterious figure.

'Did a traffic camera just capture some Bigfoot traffic in Washington state?
One person at the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) seems to think so after
tweeting out some puzzling images captured by one of the department’s webcams on Wednesday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7081]
Some believe that a dark shape in the lower portion of this photo is an image of the mythical Bigfoot.

“Sasquatch spotted!” the WSDOT East Twitter account tweeted, along with three circled and zoomed-in
photos. “I’m not superstitious .. just a little stitious.” The WSDOT employee points out that there appears
to be “something” in the bottom left part of the frame. It looks like a person-shaped figure silhouetted
against an evergreen tree.

“Might be Sasquatch,” the tweet says. “We will leave that up to you!”

The blurry shape certainly resembles a person in mid-stride, although it’s too dark and featureless to
clearly make out. The all-black shape appears to be bent forward at the waist, its weight on one leg
while it lifts a trailing leg to take another step.

It could be a tall, fur-covered, ape-like figure. It could be a man with a hood who’s out for a hike.
Or -perhaps most likely -it could be the trunk of the tree outlined by its own branches.

The tweet says the photos were captured on State Road 20/Sherman Pass, a route that winds its way
through the forested Cascade Mountains in the northeastern part of the state.
The spot is about 70 kilometres south of the Canada-U.S. border in Grand Forks, B.C.

The tweet appears to include at least two different photos, although the images do not have time stamps.
One image shows the “figure” circled in red. Several trees are casting shadows on the sunlit snow, and
there are no vehicles visible on the highway in the distance.

A second image appears to have been captured before sunrise or after sundown. There are no more
shadows visible on the snow, and a vehicle with its lights on can be seen on the highway.
The “figure” appears to be in the same position.

“If it’s a Bigfoot it must be a slow one,” Twitter user Scott Christy wrote, citing a new photo from the same
traffic camera. “He’s still there…”

Several tweets from WSDOT East and its affiliated Twitter accounts have cracked jokes about hunting for
Bigfoot or Sasquatch since the photos were released. However, no big hairy apes have been apprehended.

There is no definitive proof that Bigfoot exists, despite several reported sightings in wooded areas of North
America each year. Washington state and neighbouring British Columbia are among the hotspots for
supposed Bigfoot sightings.

Intrepid Bigfoot hunters can look for him at any time through the WSDOT’s publicly available traffic cameras.
The cameras take new snapshots a few times each hour.

The shape that is supposedly “Bigfoot” was still visible on the SR20/Sherman Pass camera as of Friday
morning. Perhaps the big guy just needs some help to get his feet moving?...'
Global News:

Or as many of those in the comments believe, it's part of the tree trunk.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
If that image is part of a tree trunk, I'm Queen of England! 

What some people claim to see that is right in front of them, being something so far removed from the object that is plainly there, amazes me more than the image itself... sometimes. tinysurprised
(01-30-2020, 10:55 PM)BIAD Wrote: Another report to ridicule or another crazy guy in a fur-suit walking around in the snow.

Quote:‘Bigfoot’ spotted? Washington state traffic camera shows mysterious figure.

'Did a traffic camera just capture some Bigfoot traffic in Washington state?...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7081]
Some believe that a dark shape in the lower portion of this photo is an image of the mythical Bigfoot....
Global News:

Or as many of those in the comments believe, it's part of the tree trunk.

THAT image makes it look very much like a human-shaped figure striding past the tree.
BUT, the OTHER image on the source page...
[Image: sasquatch1.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=720]
...to me shows much the same shape and shading, but in a less blurry (and more natural coloured) image.
The 2nd one (obviously a different shot, taken at a different time but still "mid-stride") looks much more like it's just part of the tree trunk with snow/branches framing the dark bark in such a way that it LOOKS a bit like a human-shaped figure.

(I was actually more intrigued by what the red "eye reflections" up in the tree were coming from in the first image!! An Owl maybe? or is it just a result of the colour "adjustments" that have been made to that image? There's another one off to the far right of the image too.)

/2 cents worth

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(01-31-2020, 10:06 PM)gordi Wrote: ...to me shows much the same shape and shading, but in a less blurry (and more natural coloured) image.
The 2nd one (obviously a different shot, taken at a different time but still "mid-stride") looks much more like it's just part
of the tree trunk with snow/branches framing the dark bark in such a way that it LOOKS a bit like a human-shaped figure.

(I was actually more intrigued by what the red "eye reflections" up in the tree were coming from in the first image!!
An Owl maybe? or is it just a result of the colour "adjustments" that have been made to that image?
There's another one off to the far right of the image too.)

/2 cents worth

G

My first thoughts were that the figure was one of those Bigfoot silhouettes that can be purchased these days
and deliberately placed as a prank. But I think you're correct about the 'red-eye' enhancements and if so, it
could also be that a little manipulation on the figure was also done to make it more... Bigfoot-ish!

I believe there's another photograph connected with this article, but I cannot find it.
Hmmm. Dropped in because I recently had an "experience" that isn't worth creating a thread for but peaked my curiosity. 
The first blurry picture could be plausible if it was real, but I think the second one just shows, Big G said a person walking and I think "he" has a back pack on. 
The "red eye' in the first one is odd. 
I will share my story. Do I believe? I believe there are things we can't or don't want to explain. Am I a Bigfoot Hunter. No. 

What I do like to do in my spare time is spend as much time as possible in remote places away from "Huuuman" interference. And I am compelled to investigate odd terra forms especially meteor craters. 
There is one close to my abode. I frequent the area on and off but can not gain close access because it is all private property (they shoot bunnies for trespassing). So I'll drive around find a spot and walk the dog on the road. It is rather remote, wooded and sparsely populated with cozy winding narrow roads.  
Any who, I am derailing my self.
One sunny early fall day I am meandering at low speed going into a curved with a plain view of a small clearing in the trees. Right there is "something" walking quickly, brownish, lots of brown, hair? GONE 
Stomp the breaks, takes a closer look at the trees to determine height, two meters thirty perhaps.  
I wanted to get out so bad, but I didn't dare. I wanted to see if there were tracks or a scent. (I track critters for fun, good at it too)
No I don't have pictures, and yes it walked upright, with long strides, arms swinging, hunched shoulders. 
UPS BIAD I hogged your thread. Sorry
(02-04-2020, 04:29 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: ...UPS BIAD I hogged your thread. Sorry

No problem WIS, there's no real rules when discussing subjects we're all interested in.

Quote:...So I'll drive around find a spot and walk the dog on the road. It is rather remote, wooded and sparsely populated with
cozy winding narrow roads...

...One sunny early fall day I am meandering at low speed going into a curved with a plain view of a small clearing in the trees.
Right there is "something" walking quickly, brownish, lots of brown, hair? GONE

Stomp the breaks, takes a closer look at the trees to determine height, two meters thirty perhaps.  
I wanted to get out so bad, but I didn't dare. I wanted to see if there were tracks or a scent. (I track critters for fun, good at it too)
No I don't have pictures, and yes it walked upright, with long strides, arms swinging, hunched shoulders...'

So do you think it was a physical upright being...? What they call Bigfoot?
Can you indicate whereabouts in the world you saw this odd 'glimpse'?
Thanks.
@"WalksInSilence" 

Quote:WalksInSilence ...The first blurry picture could be plausible if it was real, but I think the second one just shows, Big G said a person walking and I think "he" has a back pack on....

It might look like a person walking with backpack, but I am of the firm opinion that it is just an artifact of light and shade, tree bark and branches/snow, pareidolia no less (the 2nd pic was taken at a different time and still shows the "figure" mid-stride?? nah).

Quote:The "red eye' in the first one is odd....

That is either eye-shine/reflection from an owl or other critter in the tree, or (more likely) an artifact of the photo manipulation which was used to increase contrast etc to highlight the supposed "figure".

Quote:I will share my story....
...No I don't have pictures, and yes it walked upright, with long strides, arms swinging, hunched shoulders....

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc....
minusculebeercheers 

PS - Look at you, posting coherent replies!!!
Nice.
Gx
Hi WIS, nice to see you  tinybiggrin
(02-04-2020, 09:56 AM)BIAD Wrote:
Quote:No problem WIS, there's no real rules when discussing subjects we're all interested in.
Oh Good, thanks.  So there are fake rules?  tinybiggrin Just slap me. 

Quote:So do you think it was a physical upright being...? What they call Bigfoot?
Can you indicate whereabouts in the world you saw this odd 'glimpse'?
Thanks.

Yes it was a physical upright being, striding with purpose, humanoid. So it was essentially a "UWO" an Unidentified Walking Object" 
And my apologies, the US, central Wisconsin. 
I am not sure what your opinion is on the pictures you posted. 
Toodles
(02-04-2020, 11:03 AM)gordi Wrote: It might look like a person walking with backpack, but I am of the firm opinion that it is just an artifact of light and shade, tree bark and branches/snow, pareidolia no less (the 2nd pic was taken at a different time and still shows the "figure" mid-stride?? nah).

Quote:I agree. 

Quote:PS - Look at you, posting coherent replies!!!
Nice.
Gx
Oh, you are so infuriating.  tinyok
[Image: Avatar-Elephant.jpg]
God,  I have missed the warm fuzzy adrenalin kick it gives me.  tinybiggrin
(02-05-2020, 01:12 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: I am not sure what your opinion is on the pictures you posted...

Well, it's difficult for me because -apart from the perpetual hoaxing, photograph manipulation
and evangelistic-like manner the phenomena is presented, I refuse to believe that every single
person who's ever witnessed an unknown hairy biped is a liar or mistakenly identified a bear for
a Bigfoot.

Even if just one person is correct, then the matter is so serious that it overturns everything we know
as reality. I've written before about all the problems that recognising such an entity existing will bring
in regards of the lack of trust in science, trust in Governments, safety-issues, the effects on industry
(timber-orientated jobs) and even the idea that humans now have an actual living 'cousin'.

Where do we go from here if it's true? Their elusiveness, did we cause that and why?
What qualities for living in the wild have they retained that we may have lost...? And will action be taken
to investigate these traits that could be detrimental to the species?

There's a sh*t-load of effects that await these possible creatures just around the corner.
I want them to be real, but I'm wary of what will happen to them if recognised as real.
For anyone who's interested in the "Bigfoot" subject...

I like to look at historically recorded cases (BEFORE any social media and photoshop existed), and to that end I'd like to recommend BIGFOOT CASE FILES on youtubby.
In their Historical Case files, they present videos with no "fluff", no sound effects, no blurry pics etc - Just a well presented, simple narration of old newspaper articles and witness accounts from statements which were written down back in the day.

I think there are about a dozen or so videos in that series, but they also have many other interesting Bigfoot related videos on their channel.
(I'm not saying that ALL old reports are true... BUT it is VERY interesting to me that so many of the reports, from hundreds of different small, local, independent newspapers, in locations which are spread far and wide, seem to convey VERY consistent traits in many of the creatures that have been encountered.)

Enjoy!
G
(02-05-2020, 01:13 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: Oh, you are so infuriating.  tinyok
[Image: Avatar-Elephant.jpg]
God,  I have missed the warm fuzzy adrenalin kick it gives me.  tinybiggrin

Have you done something with your ears? They look smaller!
tinylaughing
Gx

PS - LOVELY to see you posting here on Rogue, and I'd LOVE to hear more about any encounters you've had!