Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just a few songs I like
(03-01-2020, 11:31 AM)Wallfire Wrote: The only music I cant stand is Rap, I just hate it. I remember this song from many many years ago when I was at a party, one guy kept playing it over and over and over again. Strange that only the next day or was it a bit later that I understand how much I hate this song and still do.
(if video does not work you can find it here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc

That,,,,,, Was Just Terrible!  minusculepuke
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-01-2020, 04:25 PM)guohua Wrote: That,,,,,, Was Just Terrible!  minusculepuke

I found it... horrendous... yet strangely attracting, like a moth to a bug zapper. It dredged up memories of a time that is long gone, and perhaps thankfully will never happen again...

For instance, one of the girls in the audience reminded me of a girl I knew lo those many years ago that I hooked up with at a dance - she was so lit up that she had to keep dancing to stay upright. If she stopped, she dropped. That's actually how I hooked up with her - the music stopped, and I was near enough that she glommed on to me to keep from hitting the ground... 'twasn't MY fault, honest!

" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

- Jayne Cobb, Hero of Canton
Video 
Re-The singer of 'Middle Of The Road' As an eleven year-old boy, I thought she was dreamy...!

But then again, I used to hold back a tear during the end-credits of The Littlest Hobo,
so what do I know!
tinybiggrin

[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]

" I don't mind killin' a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight... or if there's money involved... or a woman... "

Yep I like WZ, not all his music but I wonder what he could of done if had lived. Perhaps my Favorited is this one. If video does not work use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODRGLFQ-QcY

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER
Changing up a bit to some good old Appalachian hillbilly music. I reckon it's Appalachian hillbillies - there's a banjo, a mandolin, and a guitar, a lake, a pontoon boat and some half nekkid wimmins - what else COULD it be other than Appalachian hillbillies?

This blue grass I like

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER
(03-08-2020, 12:13 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Changing up a bit to some good old Appalachian hillbilly music. I reckon it's Appalachian hillbillies - there's a banjo, a mandolin, and a guitar, a lake, a pontoon boat and some half nekkid wimmins - what else COULD it be other than Appalachian hillbillies?

NOW! I see why my husband wanted trage our 20 foot pontoon boat in for a 24 foot. tinysure
Can you guess who is getting His Head Slapped?minusculeninja
(03-08-2020, 04:50 PM)guohua Wrote: NOW! I see why my husband wanted trage our 20 foot pontoon boat in for a 24 foot. tinysure

Don't rough him up too badly - I know you've already shot him at least once... that ought to be good for a couple of days, maybe even 3 days, relaxing on the lake on a pontoon boat!

(03-10-2020, 08:39 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 04:50 PM)guohua Wrote: NOW! I see why my husband wanted trage our 20 foot pontoon boat in for a 24 foot. tinysure

Don't rough him up too badly - I know you've already shot him at least once... that ought to be good for a couple of days, maybe even 3 days, relaxing on the lake on a pontoon boat!

tinylaughing  Yes, Yes I did and he never lets me forget it  tinysure
But it was a good shot, was it not? 
30 + years and still together.  tinyinbiglove

We are leaving for a week or so on the lake fishing with our old pontoon boat, it still floats and I can still wear a bikini.  smallslavedriver
Since we're all on the CoronaVirus lockup, and we have nothing but time on our hands, here's Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant Masacree" to kill 18 minutes of that time with: 

True story - I look a lot like Arlo Guthrie. Almost an identical twin. When I had my ill-fated and short tenure at Virginia Intermont College (got kicked out after a month), I went home one weekend and, unbeknownst to me, the students who stayed there watched the movie "Alice's Restaurant". So when I went back, everyone was calling me "Arlo", and I had no clue as to why until a kind young man named Robert Houck took me aside and let me in in it.... LOL!

My son pointed out that this song is a perfect representation of what the news media would have us believe regrading the COVID-19 Apocalypse:

Oh gosh... I think I've accidentally found Boy In A Dress' Discotheque-friends
and what they get up to on a Saturday night!

Also -although I'm not certain, the cure for this current virus might be mentioned
in the video. It seems to involve different brands of alcohol.
tinywondering

[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
In these trying and unceratin times, one must be a jack of all trades. Consequently, I walk in many worlds.

Some polar opposites:

The possum song is good  minusculebiggrin, nothing like road kill . The song below has been my battle cry for some time, and it does seem to fit the world now. Be strong people

I wonder how many self isolating have gone this far LSD the cure for all

East meets West - 

I like this version better than the ones with all the planes, bombs, and boats. I dunno why.

Side note: I have a vague recollection of having dated this woman, or a close relative to her (maybe her mom... or an aunt?), many, many years ago. I still walk with a slight limp...

Bonus track - believe it or not, one of the girls in the following video is a medical doctor, and another is an astrophysicist... cross my heart!

(04-06-2020, 03:38 PM)Ninurta Wrote: East meets West - 

I like this version better than the ones with all the planes, bombs, and boats. I dunno why.

Side note: I have a vague recollection of having dated this woman, or a close relative to her (maybe her mom... or an aunt?), many, many years ago. I still walk with a slight limp...

Bonus track - believe it or not, one of the girls in the following video is a medical doctor, and another is an astrophysicist... cross my heart!

You were lucky the only damage was a limp. If it had of been me it would of been a case of me committing suicide, and her committing murder  minusculebonker
(04-06-2020, 03:38 PM)Ninurta Wrote: East meets West - 

OK, now my husband is looking for my old torn jeans and a torn black t-shirt,,, I need to learn how to belly Dance, Thanks To YOU @Ninurta tinysure
(04-06-2020, 06:16 PM)guohua Wrote: OK, now my husband is looking for my old torn jeans and a torn black t-shirt,,, I need to learn how to belly Dance, Thanks To YOU @Ninurta tinysure

minusculebiggrin tinybiggrin minusculebiggrin

I'ts not hard to learn, but it IS hard to DO!

Grace used to be a mighty fine belly dancer, before she hurt her back. She still tries, but when she does, if I don't get her immobilized fast enough, she will always throw something out of joint, and then will be down for days. She can't cook when she's down for days, and then I have to eat my own cooking... so when I see her start, I try real hard to get her immobilized ASAP!